PDA

View Full Version : A sad Tale

matti
23-07-10, 11:43 PM
Hey All, As you may be aware or not aware me and my partner had our 2nd little titan girl on the 28th of June. We were not so lucky that our little girl was born with a rare disease called Hirsprungs which happends to 1 in 5000 kids. Most of the time this can be treated but we were in the 1 in a million were our little girl had this condition very serious and was untreatable but gave us 3 weeks of getting to know her till she finally passed on Tuesday.

She was a massive titans fan and she was buried with her own titans jersey. " now i need a new one " :(

We are setting up donations for a place called Bear Cottage with helped us look after our little girl through her end of life.

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/ForeverJane

daveyk
24-07-10, 02:03 PM
my thoughts are with you and your family at this time of your tragic loss.
she will remain a titan FOREVER

DIEHARD
28-07-10, 02:43 AM
Matti, I am so sorry to hear this bad news. We have been in close contact throughout this heartbreaking situation and my heart can't go out to you enough.

Nothing in the world is more stressing, challenging and devastating than what you endured.

Now Forever is at peace, the pain will still burn but she is safe now. And we will always remember her. As Davey said, she is a Titan forever and we will carry her with us forever.

Bear Cottage is an amazing facility/charity, which has really helped Matti, Forever and his family. I'd ask fans out there to follow the link Matti provided and donate something. Maybe The Legion can organise a lump sum donation.

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/ForeverJane

I know it is unimaginably hard for you Matti. But remember that you were such a brilliant father to her in the short time she was on Earth. And while some might think she was too young to realise and appreciate, I'm sure that her soul knew. And her heart knew, having the presense of her family, their touch and loving voice. In the end, it is a presense gift.

In the future we will always be there for you. Im sure the team will always remind you of Forever but also offer an escape from the negative emotions..

Im happy that you will be joining The Legion with us for the Parramatta game. And you will be our guest of honour. You'll make a lot of brand new friends and I hope that during your time on the Coast you can take the time to mend your wounds and take stock of life.

My prayers are always with you, your partner, your family, your extended family, friends and most importantly Forever.

Surfers6
28-07-10, 02:12 PM
very sorry to hear about that.

Prayers are with you and your family.

Coaster
28-07-10, 02:20 PM
I thought i seen you mention this in a thread Matti, but i didnt want to pry.

Sorry for your loss

Sydney Titans Fanatic
28-07-10, 05:45 PM
My work Woolworths are currently raising money for bear cottage and i have just donated $100....bear cottage is a great charity organisation

matti
28-07-10, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys, it is very hard, i'm still numb from it all, feels like a dream. Bear Cottage is a great place. Just imagine yourself being stuck in a hospital until that dreadful day comes. This is were bear cottage helps, i made some great friends there with the kids and nursing stuff. What truly dosent get me is that manly does not help support them

DIEHARD
28-07-10, 11:14 PM
It is strange that Manly don't support them. You did say that Nathan Hindmarsh from Parramatta visited. The scope of Bear House truly goes well beyond north Sydney and even Sydney itself.

Greg's Woolies is near Manly, so they certainly have taken the loc charity under their wing.

Keep strong Matti...

Mushi
29-07-10, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your little girl Matti. thoughts are with you and your family. Such a lovely charity that you were able to be a part of too.
May your baby girl live on always in your hearts and memories xx

Just an idea - what about a donation tin??? being passed around the legion for the charity at the next game????

matti
29-07-10, 09:12 PM
They have buckets , though i have not heard from the fundraising lady as yet.

Mushi
30-07-10, 06:39 PM
They have buckets , though i have not heard from the fundraising lady as yet.

That would be good if you could bring some buckets for donations - then a few people could pass them around the crowd in the legion and surrounding area

karnage
03-08-10, 02:26 PM
I just came across this thread after following the link to Everyday Hero from one of your recent posts. As a father of two little fellas under three I can not imagine how difficult a time you must have endured, nor do I ever want to.

That's a lovely photo of the three of you together and I hope that you are doing as well as is possible.

All the best to you and your family.

DIEHARD
05-08-10, 08:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing you at Skilled Park tomorrow Matti.

hugebrianfan
06-08-10, 11:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this devastating news :( My condolences go out to you and your family.