13. Bodene Thompson

14. Matt White
15. Brad Myers
16. Ben Ridge
17. Luke O'Dwyer
18. Shannon Walker

patskE
25-07-10, 01:48 PM
anyone else want tonga back in the side?
big warriors boys to steam roll ova micheals i rkn :P

ahha nah. i just want him back in :(

teke
25-07-10, 02:23 PM
Esi has been out for an entire season worth of games with 2 big injuries. He needs to worked back in slowly. I would like him back but not at the expense of someone who has match fitness on their side

Ryan
25-07-10, 03:50 PM
Warriors just leaked 38 points to the Rabbitohs :)

titansrawesome
25-07-10, 05:10 PM
Warriors just leaked 38 points to the Rabbitohs :)

there goes that defense, i don't think we should put bird back at 6 when he returns from injury, we should keep rogers there and put either kingi akaoula,tonga,tomane or michaels in rogers centre spot

karnage
25-07-10, 06:24 PM
anyone else want tonga back in the side?
big warriors boys to steam roll ova micheals i rkn :P

ahha nah. i just want him back in :(

I think Michaels went a long way toward dispelling the 'turnstile defense' reputation that came with him from the Broncos.

The Broncos were in a massive funk when he got that rap and Henjak, a first season coach, was pretty happy to let him be the scapegoat. I will be judjing him on what he does in Blue and Gold, not what he did in maroon.

Although we didn't get to see it Friday, he does have a lot of toe, so hopefully we can see him in some space on Sunday in Aukland.

Supergoose
25-07-10, 06:58 PM
When bird comes back why don't we play him outside Rogers in the centers?

titansrawesome
25-07-10, 07:01 PM

your kidding right?

teke
25-07-10, 07:55 PM
I think Michaels went a long way toward dispelling the 'turnstile defense' reputation that came with him from the Broncos.

The Broncos were in a massive funk when he got that rap and Henjak, a first season coach, was pretty happy to let him be the scapegoat. I will be judjing him on what he does in Blue and Gold, not what he did in maroon.

Although we didn't get to see it Friday, he does have a lot of toe, so hopefully we can see him in some space on Sunday in Aukland.couldnt agree more

Tamwelg
25-07-10, 08:00 PM

And we could play Scott Prince on the wing next to him :doh:

Supergoose
25-07-10, 08:37 PM
Everyone is okay for bodene and tagataese to play centre so why not bird? He would give us plenty of thrust on the left side. Seems to me that we put bird at 5/8 because there's not enough room in the pack, if Rogers or Campbell make the backline function better by being at 5/8 why not play bird in the centers to take advantage of his tackle busting and off-loading. He'd certainly pull off some big hits in defense too. Centre seems to be a position we're having trouble getting any continuity in too. We're not going to have to worry about where bird plays for a few weeks anyway.

titansrawesome
25-07-10, 08:52 PM
And we could play Scott Prince on the wing next to him :doh:

lol:laugh: :laugh:

DIEHARD
25-07-10, 10:01 PM
Anyone going to New Zealand to support the Titans this weekend?

Ryan
25-07-10, 10:16 PM
Everyone is okay for bodene and tagataese to play centre so why not bird? He would give us plenty of thrust on the left side. Seems to me that we put bird at 5/8 because there's not enough room in the pack, if Rogers or Campbell make the backline function better by being at 5/8 why not play bird in the centers to take advantage of his tackle busting and off-loading. He'd certainly pull off some big hits in defense too. Centre seems to be a position we're having trouble getting any continuity in too. We're not going to have to worry about where bird plays for a few weeks anyway.
I agree. Carty has been putting 2nd rowers in the centers for years; Brett Delaney, Luke O'Dwyer, Josh Graham, Sam Tagatese, Bodene Thompson, ect. Bird offers alot more than any of those guys with his offloads, tacklebreaks and passing abilities.

He could play left or right, and be a good baby sitter for Prince.

patskE
26-07-10, 12:09 AM
thing with bird, he aint the fastest man on the park.
yes taga and bodene are 2nd rower's, but they still are fast and agile

Titanic
26-07-10, 12:09 AM

Although we didn't get to see it Friday, he does have a lot of toe, so hopefully we can see him in some space on Sunday in Aukland.

Gets my vote too. He has more than just bust and off-load which is what we had sunk to until last Friday. I long for those deep backlines, express play-the-balls and passing skills. I love Taga but he's a bench man and I'd be adding Mini there as well with Bird in the back row. We looked dangerous with the ball for the first time in ages and will only improve with combination.

Ryan
26-07-10, 05:23 AM
thing with bird, he aint the fastest man on the park.
yes taga and bodene are 2nd rower's, but they still are fast and agile
What makes you say they are faster and more agile than Bird?
Are they so much faster it makes a difference?

Surfers6
26-07-10, 12:33 PM
Should be an interesting team tomorrow or Carty will just name the same.
Im hoping something like this.
assuming Zillman, Bird & Harrison are out.

1 P.Campbell
2 K.Gordon
3 S.Michaels/E.Tonga
4 C.Toopi
5 E.Tonga/S.Michaels
6 M.Rogers
7 S.Prince
8 L.Bailey
9 N.Friend
10 M.Henderson
11 A.Laffranchi
12 M.Minichello
13 B.Thompson

14 M.White
15 R.James/B.Ridge/S.Tagataese
16 B.Meyers
17 S.Walker

Ryan
26-07-10, 12:46 PM

"No charges were laid by the NRL's match review committee out of the weekend's round 20 matches" - article from Foxsports.com.au

Is that what you were worried about?

Tamwelg
26-07-10, 12:46 PM

Is Zillman injured?

shamus
26-07-10, 01:42 PM
Is Zillman injured?

Nah.......he looked like he might have been in a bit of strife with a tackle he did on (insert name here).....but it seems he got away with it.

Surfers6
26-07-10, 02:34 PM
"No charges were laid by the NRL's match review committee out of the weekend's round 20 matches" - article from Foxsports.com.au

Is that what you were worried about?

That's awesome.

yes very worried about that, Zillman has been great.

Surfers6
26-07-10, 02:36 PM

1 P.Campbell
2 K.Gordon
3 S.Michaels/E.Tonga
4 C.Toopi
5 E.Tonga/S.Michaels
6 M.Rogers
7 S.Prince
8 L.Bailey
9 N.Friend
10 M.Henderson
11 A.Laffranchi
12 M.Minichello
13 B.Thompson

14 M.White
15 R.James/B.Ridge/S.Tagataese
16 B.Meyers
17 S.Walker

Zillman for Tonga then.

DIEHARD
26-07-10, 03:08 PM
Wow great news that Zillman got off! Dragons fans will be
spewing! Good news to have him on deck, I thought he went well for us last week.

Mushi
26-07-10, 07:59 PM
Yay great news for Zilly!!! He's been doing a great job out there on the wing.

DIEHARD
26-07-10, 11:19 PM
This match will be the likely return of Kiwi international Clinton Toopi to New Zealand. And Im sure he will have a great game to celebrate.

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 12:34 AM
Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison set for shock returns

GOLD Coast's finals charge has received a massive boost with big guns Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison eyeing a shock comeback for Sunday's match against the Warriors.

Originally anticipated to miss three or four weeks with a hamstring tear, Bird could be rushed into the side for the daunting trip to Auckland as the Titans try to keep their playoffs campaign alive.

And the news gets better for the Titans, with Maroons Origin lock Harrison saying he is confident of facing the Warriors after missing last week's defeat of the Dragons with bone bruising to the left knee.

Bird was expected to miss at least another fortnight after he was injured playing against Brisbane last Friday week, but has put in some encouraging efforts at training.

The addition of Bird and Harrison would be a huge fillip for the Titans, who are locked with the Warriors on 24 competition points.

"Greg is a big chance," said Titans' strength and conditioning coach Chris McLellan. "I expect Birdy and Ash to be named. Both of those guys have came along nicely. We'll be giving them every opportunity to play.

"It looked like Greg had lost a leg when he came off against the Broncos. It looked pretty serious, but he was never going to be out for six or eight weeks."

Harrison, who also was injured in the loss to Brisbane, is desperate to take his place against the Warriors.

"It [knee] feels pretty good," he said yesterday.

The Titans will monitor fullback Preston Campbell, who suffered a knock to his collarbone-sternum region against the Dragons.

Campbell is determined to play through the pain barrier and McLellan is confident the hard-as-nails livewire won't be sidelined.

Campbell was narrowly beaten by prop Luke Bailey for the players' player award.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au

Tamwelg
27-07-10, 12:40 AM

GOLD Coast's finals charge has received a massive boost with big guns Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison eyeing a shock comeback for Sunday's match against the Warriors.

Originally anticipated to miss three or four weeks with a hamstring tear, Bird could be rushed into the side for the daunting trip to Auckland as the Titans try to keep their playoffs campaign alive.

And the news gets better for the Titans, with Maroons Origin lock Harrison saying he is confident of facing the Warriors after missing last week's defeat of the Dragons with bone bruising to the left knee.

Bird was expected to miss at least another fortnight after he was injured playing against Brisbane last Friday week, but has put in some encouraging efforts at training.

The addition of Bird and Harrison would be a huge fillip for the Titans, who are locked with the Warriors on 24 competition points.

"Greg is a big chance," said Titans' strength and conditioning coach Chris McLellan. "I expect Birdy and Ash to be named. Both of those guys have came along nicely. We'll be giving them every opportunity to play.

"It looked like Greg had lost a leg when he came off against the Broncos. It looked pretty serious, but he was never going to be out for six or eight weeks."

Harrison, who also was injured in the loss to Brisbane, is desperate to take his place against the Warriors.

The Titans will monitor fullback Preston Campbell, who suffered a knock to his collarbone-sternum region against the Dragons.

Campbell is determined to play through the pain barrier and McLellan is confident the hard-as-nails livewire won't be sidelined.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au

That is awesome news. I wonder who will play where.

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 12:59 AM
That is awesome news. I wonder who will play where.

Yea, I cant wait for the team to be named tomorrow arvo.

amaline
27-07-10, 12:25 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/greg-bird-ashley-harrison-set-for-shock-returns/story-e6frexnr-1225897227513

amaline
27-07-10, 12:43 PM
1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Steve Michaels
4. Clinton Toopi
5. William Zillman
6. Mat Rogers
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichello
13. Bodene Thompson

14. Matt White
15. Brad Myers
16. Ben Ridge
17. Luke O'Dwyer
18. Shannon Walker

Coaster
27-07-10, 01:07 PM
Is that the official side Amaline?

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 01:08 PM
Titans back in the groove: Bailey

Gold Coast veteran Luke Bailey says the Titans have not left their run for the top four too late after an impressive upset of premiership favourite St George Illawarra on Friday night.

The Titans came from behind to force extra time, where a cheeky field goal out of dummy half from Mat Rogers delivered victory with a minute remaining in the golden point period.

The Titans' semi-finals hopes had begun to fade in recent weeks with three straight losses and six in their previous eight starts.

But Bailey says Friday night's 11-10 win over the Dragons will give Gold Coast a platform to reignite its charge for a home semi-final.

"It was a great morale booster for the team and, myself included, I think a few of the boys were lacking a bit of self belief," he said.

"We've put together a couple of good 40-minute performances through the year and that was probably our first 80 minutes."

The Titans' difficult run home - which includes top-four aspirants Parramatta, Sydney Roosters and Wests Tigers - begins this weekend with a tricky away fixture against the Warriors.

"It hasn't come too late," Bailey said of the Titans' late-season push.

"There's six or so tough games ahead before the semis so we'll still try and keep improving and maintain that intensity."

Titans coach John Cartwright has played down the significance of the thrilling golden point triumph ahead of their trip to Auckland.

Cartwright says Friday's victory was timely but the premiership table is far from settled.

"You can't put a price on a win but there's no talk of season-changing victories because there's six games to go," he said.

"I don't think even the minor premiership's settled to be honest with you so we've got to turn up with that type of effort again this week."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/27/2965301.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

amaline
27-07-10, 01:11 PM
Is that the official side Amaline?

Yep, there is a link to the official announcement video on the main page.

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 01:23 PM
Thanks for posting Amaline!

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 01:30 PM
Well no early return for Bird and Harrison, probably a good thing not to rush them back. Still a fantastic team, we have depth, that is for sure.

Ryan
27-07-10, 01:39 PM
Well no early return for Bird and Harrison, probably a good thing not to rush them back. Still a fantastic team, we have depth, that is for sure.

I'm not convinced. Carty is always coy about who he names and who ends up playing.....

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 01:58 PM
Warriors v Gold Coast Titans, Mt Smart Stadium, Sunday midday (EST)

The Adjudicator says: "While New Zealand rugby league getting ****y is pretty much a contradiction in terms, it is reasonable to say a humbling loss to the Rabbitohs is just what was needed in the city of sails. While a win could've seen the Warriors in a share of second place, they now know another loss could drop them back out of the eight – and it is exactly that kind of desperation that inspired their mid-season run. The Titans are rightfully chuffed after out-boring their equally unimaginative rivals St George Illawarra, but this week they may need to actually score some tries."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator , including your full name and where you're from (mailto:theadjudicator@foxsports.com.au?subject=NR L Adjudicator)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27460739-5018866,00.html?from=public_rss

Coaster
27-07-10, 02:34 PM
[B][U] The Titans are rightfully chuffed after out-boring their equally unimaginative rivals St George Illawarra,

I hope im bored again this week

TITAN PETE
27-07-10, 03:27 PM
I hope im bored again this week

I'm with u mate ... but how is a game that had 778 tackles (more than 8 per minute) & only 17 errors in a wet game be classed as boring ..., maybe the Adjudicator prefers to watch the Toyota Cup with score lines of 48-44..what a Wayne-Car :censored:

I'm happy to be watching Friendy make 61 tackles, Bails 56 & Laffranchi 45 every week :fist:

I also agree with Ryan & won't be surprised if Carty uses the numbers 19 & 20 ;)

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 04:10 PM
Titans stick with winning formula for Warriors clash

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/warriorsvstitans-1.jpg

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have named an unchanged 18-man squad for Sunday’s tough away clash against the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland.

With five-eighth Greg Bird (hamstring) and lock Ashley Harrison (knee) still sidelined through injury, Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright has opted to stick with the same squad which registered a spirited 11-10 golden point win over competition leaders the Dragons last Friday night.

Match winner Mat Rogers will again line-up at five-eighth alongside captain Scott Prince in the halves, while Steve Michaels and Clinton Toopi remain in the centres.

Utility Luke O’Dwyer has been included on an extended five-man interchange bench after being named as 18th man for last weekend’s win over the Dragons.

The Titans have won four of the six matches played against the Warriors since 2007, with the Gold Coasters scoring a 30-10 win at Mount Smart Stadium in the corresponding game last year.

To view the full story and both Titans NRL and NYC squads go to:

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=28332&title=titans-stick-with-winning-formula-for-warriors

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 05:03 PM
Ropati and Locke ruled out for Warriors

Centre Jerome Ropati and winger Kevin Locke have been ruled out of the New Zealand Warriors' National Rugby League (NRL) match against Gold Coast in Auckland on Sunday.

Both left the field with injuries during the 28-38 loss away to South Sydney last weekend, with Ropati likely to be out for three weeks with a groin problem and Locke for two weeks with a hamstring complaint.

Locke's unavailability means Bill Tupou comes in for a ninth appearance in his debut NRL season, while second rower Lewis Brown will be the replacement centre, a job he has held already this season.

Apart from Tupou's return, there are two other changes in personnel to the starting 13, with Ukuma Ta'ai coming into the second row for Brown, and Ben Matulino in at prop for Jesse Royal, who joins a five-man interchange bench.

Coach Ivan Cleary, who has had to deal with injuries all year, said it would have been nice to get through another week without any additions to the casualty list, "but that's the way it goes".

"We've lost two more players and have been forced to shuffle our backline," he said today.

"We've had to deal with situations like this all season so there's no point getting too worried about it."

Of more concern for Cleary was the performance against the Rabbitohs after a five-match winning streak.

"We weren't at the level we expect of ourselves," he said.

"Generally we were a bit down but we can't afford to let it slip again this week. Every side presents a challenge in the NRL and Gold Coast will obviously come here with some confidence after beating the Dragons."

The defeat to Souths dropped the Warriors down a spot to sixth on a compressed point table.

They are one three sides on 24 points, with Manly above them and the Titans below on differential.

New Zealand Warriors: Lance Hohaia, Bill Tupou, Brent Tate, Lewis Brown, Manu Vatuvei, James Maloney, Brett Seymour, Ben Matulino, Aaron Heremaia, Russell Packer, Simon Mannering (captain), Ukuma Ta'ai, Micheal Luck.

Interchange (from): Ian Henderson, Jesse Royal, Jeremy Latimore, Jacob Lillyman, Joel Moon.

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz

DIEHARD
27-07-10, 05:04 PM
Injuries strike Warriors

The Warriors' injury curse continues with centre Jerome Ropati and wing Kevin Locke out for the match against the Gold Coast Titans in Auckland on Sunday.

Both players are expected to be sidelined for at least two weeks – Ropati with a groin injury and Locke suffered a hamstring complaint in his side's 38-28 loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs last week.

Versatile back-rower Lewis Brown will slot in at centre and Bill Tupou replaces Locke for his ninth appearance of the season.

With Brown reverting to the centres, Ukuma Ta'ai starts in the second-row and, in another change, Ben Matulino comes into the run-on combination in the front row. A five-man bench includes Jacob Lillyman, who was 18th man against the Rabbitohs, and Joel Moon.

The defeat to the Bunnies broke a five match-winning streak and saw the Warriors drop one place from fifth to sixth on the NRL ladder. They are now tied with three other teams on 24-points.

Warriors coach Ivan Cleary moved to play down the injury concerns.

"It would have been nice to get through another week without injury issues but that's the way it goes. We've lost two more players and have been forced to shuffle our backline," Cleary said.

"We've had to deal with situations like this all season so there's no point getting too worried about it."

Of more concern for Cleary was the performance against the Rabbitohs.

"We weren't at the level we expect of ourselves," he said.

"Generally we were a bit down but we can't afford to let it slip again this week. Every side presents a challenge in the NRL and Gold Coast will obviously come here with some confidence after beating the Dragons."

Team:

1. Lance Hohaia, 2. Bill Tupou, 3. Brent Tate, 4. Lewis Brown, 5. Manu Vatuvei, 6. James Maloney, 7. Brett Seymour, 8. Ben Matulino, 9. Aaron Heremaia, 10. Russell Packer, 11. Simon Mannering (c), 12. Ukuma Ta'ai, 13. Micheal Luck. Interchange: 14, Ian Henderson, 15, Jesse Royal, 16. Jeremy Latimore, 17. Jacob Lillyman, 18. Joel Moon

http://sportal.com.au/

Mushi
27-07-10, 05:21 PM
I too am happy to be "bored" with our performance this week if it means we play like we did last fri night thank you Mr Adjudictor!!! He very rarely gives the titans a rap - but I found the dragons game so exciting - was on the edge of my seat for the whole of it!!!! It is ranked right up there with beating the cheaters earlier this year for me!!! That too was an awesome game. I still think if we can continue to defend like we did our attack will just fall into place - it really does seem to work for us!!! Looking for a nice comfortable win against he warriors - we need to build on our points diff!!!
Oh and I liked White starting in the team and then Hendo off the bench - just my opinion!!!

DIEHARD
28-07-10, 05:55 PM
Warriors v Titans Preview
Mt Smart Stadium Sunday 2pm (NZ Time)

Their might not be a more crucial game for these two sides in the run home than this Sunday afternoon clash in Auckland.

If you call yourself a Warriors fan and you are close, you really should be at this game. And if you are a Titans fan with a way of coming up with the flight money and ticket cost, what are you waiting for?

It?s sixth versus seventh, both on 24 competition points, both needing at least two more wins to be thinking finals.

This could seriously be a case of winner moves on ? and loser doesn?t ? with some testing games to come for both sides.

The Warriors battled hard against South Sydney, only to be over-run in the second half last week, while the Titans produced one of their best ever wins with a gritty and determined golden-point win over the Dragons at Kogarah.

So the Titans have the momentum? but the Warriors have the home-field advantage. It all adds up to a must-see match!

The home side will be missing winger Kevin Locke to injury but Bill Tupou slots in. Jerome Ropati is also hurt, forcing a reshuffle. Lewis Brown moves from the second row to centre with Ukuma Ta?ai coming into the second row.

Ben Matulino has been rewarded with a starting spot at prop, pushing Jesse Royal to the bench while Jacob Lillyman and Joel Moon have been added to an extended reserves list.

A win could get the side as high as third but a loss could see them plummet to 10th.

Not surprisingly, the Titans look very similar to last weekend, with Michael Henderson named to start at prop and Matthew White coming from the bench. Luke O?Dwyer has been named the 18th man.
They can potentially rise as high as third with a victory, or as low as 10th with a loss.

Watch out Warriors: How good was Luke Bailey last week! Against his former club the Titans? prop destroyed everything in his path with 181 metres and 56 tackles plus three offloads. It certainly appears as if Bailey is on a mission to ensure his side plays finals football again this season after they meekly surrendered a place in the finals last year with consecutive losses.

The Warriors? forwards need to get up in Bailey?s face otherwise he will dictate terms. With this match likely to be decided by field position (see below) it is imperative the home side focuses on shutting the ?Bull? down.

Also, keep an eye on Anthony Laffranchi close to the try line as he is just one try away from 50 first grade tries.

Watch out Titans: Five-eighth James Maloney is still pretty green in the NRL but some golden touches in matches make you realise he has a bright future.

One gets the feeling he could be due an absolute stormer some time soon. He has a solid kicking game, averaging 287 metres, plus four line-breaks and four try assists ? but it is his 10 try assists and eight tries that shows he has the goods.

As an astute support runner, ball player and ball runner, Maloney is one Warrior the Titans need to keep close watch on. If they disrespect his ability, he may just emphatically prove his potential here.

Where it will be won: Field position is the crucial factor here. Both sides have shown willingness in some games to defend their line to the death but in other weeks the wall hasn?t been as strong.

At any rate, the trick is to keep the opposition out of your 20-metre zone so you don?t have to back your goal-line defence too often.

The Titans have a distinct statistical edge when it comes to average metres gained, with 1403 metres a match compared to the Warriors? 1299 metres, but the Warriors are conceding just 1253 metres on average to the Titans? 1331 metres.

If the home side can contain the Titans? go-forward like they have other sides, they will bring the match back to level pegging at worst. If they can then up their own input, they could swing the ledger back to their favour.

The Gold Coast forwards need to take a leaf out of Luke Bailey?s book and get moving. Anthony Laffranchi and Mark Minichiello are always good for some hard yards but Matthew White and Michael Henderson need to lift another level.

The history: Played 6; Warriors 2, Titans 4. The Titans are on a four-game streak against the Warriors, including a 24-18 win way back in Round 1 on the Gold Coast. There have been two previous meetings at Mt Smart Stadium, with the honours shared one apiece.

The six-point margin in Round 1 was the closest these teams have ever been, with the average winning margin in all clashes being just less than 16 points.

Conclusion: You can make a case to support either side in this clash. The Titans had been on a slide but they were extremely tough against the Dragons last Friday night and ground out a win ? against the best grinding team in the comp.

The Warriors showed the same sort of form a few weeks ago against Penrith, so we know the two sides can defend if they want to.

In attack the talent is there with players like Scott Prince and Manu Vatuvei? it?s a tough one, so go with your gut feel.

Match officials: Referees ? Tony Archer & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials ? Steve Carrall & Adam Gee; Video Ref ? Steve Clark.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 12pm (AEST)

Source: http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
28-07-10, 05:56 PM
Warriors have to get A-game back asap

The Warriors don't have time to lick their wounds if they want to make the NRL's top eight, coach Ivan Cleary says.

A Warriors winning streak was snapped last Sunday when a desperate South Sydney managed to beat the New Zealand side 38-28 at ANZ Stadium, as the Bunnies claimed their first win in three games.

Cleary admits his lads didn't perform to the same standard that had seen them bag five on the trot and become serious finals contenders, but the Warriors need to dust themselves off before Sunday's home game against the Gold Coast.

Advertisement: Story continues below"After our performance on the weekend we're probably below our standard of the last couple of months," Cleary said.

"(We) need to get it back pretty quickly.

"It's not like we didn't want to win but we were just a cog down from where (the Rabbitohs) were and that's often enough to determine who wins and who loses so hopefully we can get that edge back this weekend."

Cleary has his sights set on accumulating 30 points which he thinks will be enough to secure a spot in the top eight.

The Warriors are currently sitting sixth and are one of three sides on 24 points, alongside the Titans.

It will be a double blow for Gold Coast if the Warriors manage to come away with a win at Mt Smart. Not only will the Titans make it harder for themselves to finish up at the top of a cluttered table, they'll gift their playoff rivals two points.

After Sunday, the Warriors will be keen to get a couple of early wins away in the coming weeks against strugglers Cronulla and Newcastle before facing tough games against Manly, Brisbane and Parramatta at the pointy end of the regular season.

But in-form Warriors second-rower Lewis Brown isn't getting complacent.

"People are saying we've got Manly and the Knights in the next couple of weeks and they're going to be easy wins for us but you look at them, in the NRL anyone can beat anyone on the day," he said.

"We've got six weeks before the finals, there's such a big log jam amongst the top eight there, so we're still not trying to get ahead of ourselves."

Brown, who scored a double against the Rabbitohs last weekend, will step in for injured centre Jerome Ropati - out for three weeks with a groin injury - meaning he could mark up against robust centre, and former Warrior, Clinton Toopi.

Young gun Bill Tupou will return to the wing for his ninth first-grade match, replacing Kevin Locke who's out for a fortnight with a hamstring complaint.

With Brown reverting to the centres, Ukuma Ta'ai will start in the second row and, in another change, Ben Matulino comes into the run-on combination in the front row.

A five-man bench includes Jacob Lillyman, who was 18th man against the Rabbitohs, and Joel Moon.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au

DIEHARD
28-07-10, 05:56 PM
Finals-bound Warriors?

Three wins from their remaining six matches will ensure the Warriors feature in finals football this year.

With the Sharks and Knights on the agenda after the Gold Coast Titans head to Mt Smart Stadium on Sunday, the club is odds-on favourite to rectify a poor 2009 season where it finished 14th of 16 teams.

Historically, 30 points is enough to secure a top-eight berth. The Warriors are sixth with 24 points, while the Titans sit one place behind them on the NRL ladder.

Against South Sydney last week the Warriors led 20-10 at half time, but conceded 28 second half points to lose 28-38, their first loss for five weeks. But fullback Lance Hohaia says that defeat has not dented confidence.

"I think it [the loss] could be a good thing," Hohaia said.

"It takes the pressure off. Maybe we needed to have a loss. It's a good time for us to refocus on what got us those [five] wins [in a row]."

"We've got six games left and I don't see why we can't win the majority of those. Everyone feels the same way."

Defence has been the backbone of the Warriors' recent success but last week they lacked urgency and desperation.

"We've prided ourselves on our defence over the last month and it's improved out of sight," Hohaia said.

"We took a step backwards [against the Rabbitohs], but we'll regain that discipline this week."

With Jerome Ropati out for at least two weeks with a groin injury, Lewis Brown will again switch from the back-row to the centres, proving his vaulable versatility.

Regardless of where he is stationed, Brown, a converted dummy-half, has produced dynamic form this year.

"He's been playing great footy. He's been one of our best for most of the season," Hohaia said of the 23-year-old Cantabrian.

Brown balances a powerful forearm fend with agility, vision, and strength. He said a spot in the backline was not a permanent option, but he did enjoy the freedom it supplied.

"It's a plus I'm in the centre's this week," Brown said.

"You don't make as many tackles as in the back-row, which gives me more energy in attack. I'll look to get the ball in my hands more."

Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said his side was performing well below the standards set over the last couple of months.

Cleary was full of praise for Bill Tupou, who will replace the injured Kevin Locke (hamstring) for the next two matches.

"Every time he's gone back to the [Under] 20s he's played well and his last two NRL games were excellent," Cleary said. "He's coming off good form and I'm really confident he'll do a good job for us."

The Titans fly to Auckland minus New South Wales five-eighth Greg Bird (hamstring) and Queensland lock Ashley Harrison (knee), but they will be buoyant after pipping the table-topping Dragons 11-10 in the last 50 seconds of golden point extra-time last week.

In fullback Preston Campbell, halfback Scott Prince, hooker Nathan Friend and five-eighth Matt Rogers, they have little men who can cut you to pieces in an instant.

"They're going to come over here hungry. They've got some creative, crafty little guys. We're going to have to be on top of our game. I'm confident we've got enough talent in our side to win," Hohaia said.

http://sportal.co.nz/league-news-display/finals-bound-warriors-95658

DIEHARD
28-07-10, 05:57 PM
Full interview with Warriors coach Ivan Cleary

The Warriors winning momentum came to and end last weekend when they were beaten 38-28 by the Rabbitohs.

The loss brings a five game winning streak to an end. They sit sixth on the competition ladder.

Round 21 of the NRL sees the Warriors take on the Titans, who currently one place behind them, at Mt Smart Stadium on Sunday.

3 News reporter Sam Ackerman spoke with Warriors coach Ivan Cleary.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH FULL INTERVIEW WITH IVAN CLEARY (http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-interview-with-Warriors-coach-Ivan-Cleary-/tabid/415/articleID/167850/Default.aspx)

patskE
29-07-10, 12:53 AM
no locke
our chances have improved alot now! hehe
shall be good game

DIEHARD
29-07-10, 01:14 AM
Oh boy. Looks like we are in for more of the wet weather in Round 21!

Weather forecast for Auckland: RAIN.

DIEHARD
29-07-10, 03:36 AM
Warriors 'way off' as finals loom

The end of the Warriors' five-game winning streak should act as the club's 'wake-up call' to lift their efforts before the finals begin, lock Micheal Luck has warned.

The Warriors lost just 38-28 to Souths last Sunday, with the Rabbits scoring a last-minute converted try - but they believe they were genuinely a well-beaten side.

''Probably not on the scoreboard, but in terms of the way we played we were a long way off where we should have been,'' admitted standoff James Maloney. ''It's probably a positive that we were so far off where we should've been, but the game was still there to be won.''

The Warriors now sit sixth, just two points inside a very compressed top eight, and ahead of the revived Titans, who visit Mt Smart on Sunday, only on points differential and Luck says the time to improve their attitude is right now.

''Last weekend, we went right away from the things that have been working for us,'' he said.

''Scoring 28 points should be enough to win two games, let alone one. For whatever reason, the same intensity we've had the last couple of months wasn't there at the weekend - it's something we've got to fix.

''Good teams [maintain that]: I hope it's our wake-up call now and that everyone sees that to be a real force in this competition you have to maintain consistency and intent through six and a half months of footy. We've got to get back on the job this weekend.''

Luck called the Titans a ''bloody good'' football side who rely on their playmaking trio of Nathan Friend, Scott Prince and Mat Rogers. They are unchanged, giving another opportunity to former Warriors centre Clinton Toopi.

The Warriors rarely have that opportunity and with Kevin Locke and Jerome Ropati their latest casualties, coach Ivan Cleary's biggest selection decision this week is the shift of backrower Lewis Brown into the centres to cover for Ropati, ahead of Joel Moon, who is included on an extended bench. ''I think he's the best man for the job,'' Cleary said of Brown, who has filled in at centre during several matches this year after starting in the pack.

''I still see him as backrower, but if you've got the athletic qualities, [the two positions] are not all that different.''

Cleary was just as critical of his side's efforts last weekend as they were, declaring the Souths performance as ''not up to standard''.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/

TITAN PETE
29-07-10, 08:37 AM
Oh boy. Looks like we are in for more of the wet weather in Round 21!

Weather forecast for Auckland: RAIN.

Our guys played in the wet last week against the Dragons & have been training in it this week so it won't be a problem...the boys are very confident ;)

DIEHARD
29-07-10, 07:41 PM
Preview from TheWarriors.com.au

Preview: Warriors v Titans

VENUE & TIME: Mt Smart Stadium, Sunday August 1, 12.00pm (AEST)
COVERAGE: Channel 9
HEAD TO HEAD: Warriors 2, Titans 4
LAST TIME: Titans 24 - Warriors 18 at Skilled Park, Round 1, 2010

WALKING WOUNDED: The Warriors' feeble bodies continue to crumble with centre Jerome Ropati out for up to three weeks with a groin strain and wing Kevin Locke suffering a hamstring injury. That sees in-form back-rower Lewis Brown cover Ropati and big Bill Tupou comes in for his ninth NRL appearance. Prop Sam Rapira is also still restricted by an ongoing knee injury.
The visitors travel to Auckland without two key proven performers. New South Wales star Greg Bird and Queensland's Mr Dependable Ashley Harrison are both sidelined. Mat Rogers assumes the second-receiver role for the second week and Clinton Toopi stands in at centre, against his former club.

FORM: The Warriors were flat last week in losing 38-28 to South Sydney, with 28 second-half points showing how weak the defensive effort was. The defeat snapped a five-match winning streak that saw the club climb to fourth on the ladder.

Gold Coast pulled off a miraculous last-minute golden-point win over the league-leading Dragons last week. However, the victory masks three consecutive losses prior to that match.

WHO'S HOT: The tag-team Warriors hookers are an underrated combination. Aaron Heremaia provides footwork and ball-playing ability, while Ian Henderson's aggression and spark off the bench is invaluable.
Rogers will be brimming with confidence after slotting the drop goal that sank the Dragons last week. The Titans' little men have to be watched closely. Scott Prince, Preston Campbell, Rogers and Nathan Friend team up for a lethal combination that catches tiring forwards napping in and around the ruck.

WE THINK: The Warriors are sixth and the Titans seventh so you don't want to miss this match-up. Both sides will be desperate to claim another two competition points that will cement their spot in the top eight in the run-in to the playoffs. Over the past month or so the Warriors have grown in confidence as a unit and you don't lose that in one week. All the noises at training this week pointed at reclaiming their desperation in defence and if that happens their crowd will get them home. Warriors by 6

Source: http://www.thewarriors.com.au

DIEHARD
29-07-10, 07:42 PM
Tupou looking to get on NRL scoresheet

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/sport2010/league/warriors/tupou_bill_charge_2.jpg

A prolific tryscorer at under-20s level, Warriors winger Bill Tupou is looking to break his duck in the NRL on Sunday.

Tupou's year has been divided between the Junior Warriors and the club's first-grade side, for whom he made his debut against Manly in April when he came in for an injured Manu Vatuvei.

He has gone on to make eight NRL appearances and gets his chance to add to that tally against the Gold Coast in Auckland, again as an injury replacement.

This time, he will in for Kevin Locke, who picked up a hamstring complaint in the loss to South Sydney last weekend, and he will partner centre Brent Tate on the right-hand side of the field.

During 2-1/2 seasons with the Junior Warriors, Tupou, who turned 20 this month, has scored 35 tries in 45 matches.

His strike rate this year is seven from eight, including a hat-trick against the Canterbury Bulldogs.

But he has yet to get over the line in first grade.

"I just have to back up," Tupou said.

"Tatey is one of the best line-breakers in the 'comp' and I just have to follow him and make sure I'm ready for his pass."

He admitted that getting that first NRL try was something he thought about "always, all the time".

"But you just have to think about the things you have to do before scoring a try," he said.

"The try comes at the end of that."

Tupou's last NRL match was away to Penrith, when the Warriors produced a huge defensive effort to hold out for a 12-6 win, and he was rapt with his recall.

Moving between the two competitions did present challenges, given the quicker pace and more physical nature of the NRL.

But he was happy with his situation and said it was up to him to prove to coach Ivan Cleary and assistant Tony Iro that he deserved his spot.

The part of his game that he was most pleased about in terms of development this year was his defence.

"It started off a bit shifty," he said.

"But Ivan and Tony gave me pointers that I worked on, and the boys helped me out as well."

Cleary had plenty of praise for what Tupou had done with the opportunities he had been given so far.

He said Tupou had probably produced only one sub-par performance, against Wests Tigers in late May, but he wasn't the only one that night as the Warriors fell to a 6-50 defeat.

"I think he's done a great job," Cleary said.

"He's probably only had the one game against Wests Tigers where he had an off night and he wasn't Robinson Crusoe. The good thing is that he bounced straight back."

As for Tupou's lack of tries in the NRL so far, Cleary was more excited than concerned.

"We haven't discussed that, but that excites me, because a tryscorer is never too far away," he said.

"It might be this week."

Source: http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/

DIEHARD
29-07-10, 07:43 PM
Injured Titans pair long odds for Sunday

TITANS Origin stars Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird continue to be at long odds of lining up against the Warriors after again training with the injured squad today.

While the rest of the team ran drills, lock Harrison and five-eighth Bird were part of a separate group completing rehabilitation exercises.

Harrison is battling a knee injury, while Bird is making steady progress back from a hamstring strain.

A small chance remains they will bolt into the side to clash with the Warriors in New Zealand on Sunday, but the star duo is more likely to return against the Parramatta Eels at Skilled Park next Friday.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
29-07-10, 07:46 PM
Titans duo keen for happy return in NZ
Adam Gardini

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/warriorsvstitans-1.jpg

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans duo Bodene Thompson and Clinton Toopi are hopeful of making it a happy homecoming when they return to their native New Zealand to take on the Warriors in Auckland on Sunday.

The match marks a special occasion for rising talent Thompson, whose New Zealand-based father has never seen him play a game of rugby league after he took up the game at age 16 when he moved to the Gold Coast with his mother as a teenager.

Making the game even more significant for the former Keebra Park student is the fact he will celebrate his 22nd birthday on Sunday.

Thompson, who grew up in Tauranga in New Zealand's Bay of Plenty, said the match would mean a lot to him, with a large group of family members also planning to attend the game along with his father.

"I've got 30 or 40 family coming up from my home town to watch and I haven't seen my dad in a couple of years so that'll be good,'' said Thompson, who will start at lock in the absence of State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison.

"I haven't played in front of my dad since I was probably about 12 (and that was rugby union) so I'll be really excited to see him and for him to watch me play.

"It means a lot to me, I've been away from family for a few years now so I'll try and put on a big show for them''

Likewise, former Warriors centre Toopi has not had the chance to play in front of his New Zealand-based wife and children since joining the Titans in the pre-season.

"I'm just stoked to be going back home and to play in front of the family, my wife and kids and parents so they've been asking for a lot of tickets,'' he laughed.

"Boey and I are splitting them - we're taking the whole teams allocation and we're going halvies.

"I never ever thoguht I'd play against the Warriors - I thought the Warriors was the only club I'd play for in the NRL and then I'd finish up in England.

"But that wasn't the case and I'm just fortunate enough to be back in the Titans side through injuries and I'm just really stoked and can't wait to get over there and play.''

The Titans will finalise their preparations with a training session at Station Reserve, Robina tomorrow before travelling to Auckland on Saturday.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

patskE
29-07-10, 11:24 PM
wow only started playing at 16? jeez

DIEHARD
30-07-10, 12:18 AM
It'll be a big day for our Kiwi boys. I'm very proud of them to make a homecoming appearance. I hope we get to see alot of their family on TV.

Sounds like Clinton and Bodene could form an army with their relatives and friends.

Ryan
30-07-10, 02:19 PM
Some good prices on TAB for our boys to get up.
I spread $40 over a few bets, including Mini or Laffranchi 1st try scorer.

Surfers6
30-07-10, 02:32 PM
I just put on a bet and i am going for the teams titans need to win.

$10 multi on -Bulldogs, Cowboys, Titans & Essondon with a 29 pt start.

= $410

can only hope......

matti
01-08-10, 12:15 PM
bad start so far,

titansrawesome
01-08-10, 12:22 PM
wtf som1 should have tackled hohaia, we are already back to play one dimensional rugby league, just give to the forwards and hit it up, we need to play like warriors and spread the ball and do smart offloads.

matti
01-08-10, 01:51 PM
sign mat for another year plz! 2 tries and wins the game for us yet again

patskE
01-08-10, 01:53 PM
s2 matty
micheals was alright, both trys were simple
but in defensive he really impressed me
we only played with 16 man didnt we? dywer didnt get a run aye?

still need to use gordon alot more, never got the ball unless it was from dummy half.
zillman didnt look that fast in that run away lol lucky none of the warriors are to fast eheh
good win

titansrawesome
01-08-10, 01:55 PM
we defiantely need to give it to our wingers way more, and o dwyer was a wasted interchange shudda kept walker there, we played pretty good but we need to spread the ball more, and now we got parra.

Titanic
01-08-10, 01:58 PM
any win's a good win, you bewdy and O'Dwyer should be relegated to the 2nd row ... 2nd row in the grandstand that is.

CairnsTitan
01-08-10, 01:59 PM
Was I the only person that heard the commentator say 'if the Titans lose this they should be taken out the back and shot'

something about that seems wrong to me

Ryan
01-08-10, 02:00 PM
wtf som1 should have tackled hohaia, we are already back to play one dimensional rugby league, just give to the forwards and hit it up, we need to play like warriors and spread the ball and do smart offloads.

still need to use gordon alot more, never got the ball unless it was from dummy half.
zillman didnt look that fast in that run away lol lucky none of the warriors are to fast eheh
good win

we defiantely need to give it to our wingers way more, and o dwyer was a wasted interchange shudda kept walker there, we played pretty good but we need to spread the ball more, and now we got parra.

In wet & slippery playing conditions, the ball gets played up the middle.
The more ball you give to the wingers on the edge, the more chances you've got of getting dragged out. It wasn't a game for wingers.

bigjim
01-08-10, 02:02 PM
Good win. This was a good win against a dangerous team. To win a game where you're the favourite is very difficult this season.
A bit slow to start but good defence in the end.

After that game if they Titans don't resign Matty for next year Titans management are stupid.

bigjim
01-08-10, 02:04 PM
I noticed that Walker didn't get a run. Probably to close to risk his iffy defence.

ForGCT
01-08-10, 02:05 PM
Scary for awhile but Rogers turned it around again. Would be gr8 if he would go round another year. They WILL stay on this winning streak now & WILL BE INSPIRED. Think positive.

titansrawesome
01-08-10, 02:09 PM
i think out of our remaining games the roosters are the team we have to look out for, other than that we have a pretty good run home with our recent consistency and up and down opponents, we are 5th place atm.

Ryan
01-08-10, 02:13 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/RD012/bet.jpg

matti
01-08-10, 02:15 PM
NZ commentry is sooo soo bad , i heard the part also where if they loose they should be shot, too me kids are watching the game . At least me coming up to see the eels game is going to be more positive!!

Ryan
01-08-10, 02:20 PM
NZ commentry should be taken out the back and shot. It's been like that for awhile now, so I dont expect any better. And I think that comment came out in spite, not happy that his beloved Warriors lost after talking them up all game :laugh:

titansrawesome
01-08-10, 02:24 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/RD012/bet.jpg

would have done that bet too if i didnt waste my money on the wallabies last night

Mushi
01-08-10, 02:24 PM
Messy conditions over there but a good strong defensive game. yeah some silly errors but they played the game the right way up the middle and strong in defence for slippery field and ball. I think we need to start a SAVE MATTY banner or something - come on titans offer him one more year!!!! He is playing so damn good and I really like him in the number 6!!!! sorry bird. I think Bird has been awesome this year but I like Matty and prince in the halves.

Nice to come away with another 2 points and now onwards for Friday nights big game against the eels!!!!!! Lets shut down that Hayne plane/train/whatever the hell he thinks he is!!!!

Ryan
01-08-10, 02:28 PM
Lets shut down that Hayne plane/train/whatever the hell he thinks he is!!!!

It's the "Blame Hayne Game" now. The Roosters exposed his piss poor defensive positioning and it contributed greatly to the Eels conceding +40 points.
I'm sure Carty will be all over that video footage, can't wait to see what TattsBet will offer me next week :eyebrows:

Coaster
01-08-10, 02:54 PM
Good solid win, great bet Ryan!

They played exactly right, you don't pass the ball around over there, the Warriors will always try that and give over the ball just stay patient and wait for mistakes.

WTF was the decision to go for goal tho?

We have a team self destructing, we have momentum, and we have a penalty with a strong wind, you put them to the sword. Not go for goal.

Other than that great win, bring on the Eels

gotitans101
01-08-10, 02:54 PM
I thought it was a pretty good win. Michaels is really beginning to impress me...even though he was 'nudged' out of the way a couple of times by Tate, he made up for it with some brilliant tackles. Rogers was outstanding again, Prince was OK, he appears to be slowly getting back into the groove. Got Parra coming up this Friday, yikes!

matti
01-08-10, 03:42 PM
prince did set up that great try i think with rogers, tho both their kicking games was terrible and lucky.. see you guys on friday

karnage
01-08-10, 03:46 PM
So happy with that. Had one of the worst mornings of my life but the smile was back on my face by 2pm.

Your spot on with the decision to kick for goal Coaster - we have to learn to ice a game. If nothing else we should have been looking to improve our F/A.

Boonarga
01-08-10, 04:12 PM
The goal would have put us 14 up and out of reach. With the strong wind behind it was a good chance.
Who said Michaels was hopeless? Ok that was me. Guess he showed me.

teke
01-08-10, 04:21 PM
Good solid win by the Titans. I thought they were quite lucky with a couple of tries but they were the better team by far.

I told you :argue: Michaels was a good player. The bloke plays the game hard and fast, has good skills and is quick.

Matty Rogers had a great game

teke
01-08-10, 04:22 PM
would have done that bet too if i didnt waste my money on the wallabies last nightI told my mate the mighty All Blacks would thump the Wallabies with ease and do it while not playing well.

They are a level above every country in the world at the moment and have the talent coming through to stay above for the next 6 yrs.

TITAN PETE
01-08-10, 05:42 PM
I told my mate the mighty All Blacks would thump the Wallabies with ease and do it while not playing well.

They are a level above every country in the world at the moment and have the talent coming through to stay above for the next 6 yrs.

Who gives a Shyte about 3rd division ....

Coaster I think Rogers had Footy Tab going for a 13+ win

The Michaels doubters can now go back to sleep, he had a great 1st half & looks like Tag showed him some of his moves

Titanic
01-08-10, 06:43 PM
Was I the only person that heard the commentator say 'if the Titans lose this they should be taken out the back and shot'

Straight out of Carty's pre-game speech ... what better incentive to play hard? :banana:

TITAN PETE
01-08-10, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know why we played the entire match with 16 players .... Chalky never took his tracksuit off, I had to watch the 2nd half again to make sure I wasn't seeing things , I hope Carty didn't forget he was there..

Ryan
01-08-10, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know why we played the entire match with 16 players .... Chalky never took his tracksuit off, I had to watch the 2nd half again to make sure I wasn't seeing things , I hope Carty didn't forget he was there..
Was it his leg\knee\ankle injury that he had recently?
Maybe playing on a slippery surface was a risk. Maybe thats why Walker got the nod over him last week, but this week they were all the way over NZ............
I dont know, just speculating.....

Chaos
01-08-10, 10:40 PM
Your a better punter then me Ryan...I had my first bet against the Titans this week and it cost me.
I had a 5 leg multi
Bulldogs
Roosters
Broncos
Tigers
Warriors

Don't know why I added the Warriors because they weren't paying much anyway. Didn't know it was raining.

patskE
01-08-10, 11:39 PM
one thing in our win
anyone notice zillman didnt want nothing to do with the high balls? hoping both times someone else would catch em, and just turned his back

DIEHARD
02-08-10, 04:52 AM
Wow really happy with the Titans performance! Another win, another win in NZ for the 2nd year!

Well done Matty Rogers! He will live forever in Gold Coast folklore! Sign him up for another year please.

Loved seeing Zillman in the clear with his length of the field special, speed to burn!

Surfers6
02-08-10, 11:45 AM
The goal would have put us 14 up and out of reach. With the strong wind behind it was a good chance.
Who said Michaels was hopeless? Ok that was me. Guess he showed me.

Me too, he played great. Well Done to steve.

bigjim
02-08-10, 01:19 PM
After that game if they Titans don't resign Matty for next year Titans management are stupid.

Was just reading the Gold Coast Bulletin today and read on page 7 my comment regarding Matty Rogers not getting offered a one year contract for next year. I hope Titans management don't take it the wrong way.

The truth is, if Matty was 26 years old the issue would be the Titans couldn't afford him. Every team in the league would be clambering after his services.

Youth is great for development tomorrow. Experience and skill is necessary for victories today.