PDA

View Full Version : Loyal fan or bandwagoner?

Ryan
17-07-10, 06:27 PM
Which one are you?

I don't believe alot of people truly understand the meaning of either.
When the team is ontop, it's hard to tell whether someone is a true supportor or just a bandwagoner.
But when the chips are down, the team stops winning and the tough times seem to drag on - well thats when the weak ones take off and the loyal ones stick around to fight.
Don't get me wrong - Theres nothing wrong with bandwagoners, because they still buy tickets & merchandise and the club still benefits from them (when the team is winning). But don't insult the real loyal fans by making out you are one of them, when you continually bash the team.

The loyal fans - They will critise their team, but without insulting them at the same time. No matter how bad the last loss was, they will always talk up the prospects of winning the next game.
They won't be blindly unrealistic and say they will win every game 8 weeks out from the finals, but go into each game talking about improvments of their team and how to overcome the rival.
They will say "yeh he had a bad game, hope he comes good next week" instead of "I've seem under 10's play better than that, coach should dump him and let an unproved player have a go", ect
They will watch the enitre 80mins and keep cheering their team on, even when they are 20points down and still dropping the ball :fist:

Bandwagons - Immaturaly spit the dummy after every loss, complain about the time they wasted watching the game and flatout insult their own players saying "they weren't trying, could have played better myself" or comparing them to under 10's ect....
Making out they are smarter than the coach; critising some selections and demanding others to be dumped - every game. Declaring the team is 'hopeless' and conceding to losing games weeks before the kickoff, giving up hope of playing in the finals 7 weeks out.
Question why they should turn up to any match while the team keeps losing or change the channel when they are playing bad. Continually exaggerate bad performances complain about how they've been let down. It seems like you are pissed off because when you chose to support they were winning, now times are tough and you are getting embarrassed to say what team you support :boo:

From when the Titans first kicked off, there was always going to be plenty of 'fans' jumping onboard. From being a brand new team, plenty of impressive signings, their own state of the art stadium and the promise of the multi-million dollar COE.
But after a few off field controversies this year and the recent poor form on field, I think a few people are getting found out to be bandwagoners and some of the crap they are writing in the forum after each loss shows it.

First there was all the people who doomed or ditched the club when they signed Greg Bird - How did that turn out?
We've now got another quality origin player on our roster who plays his ass off every week, and has not made a negative headline since.
For the last two years the Titans have barely been out of the top 4, now after 2 months of average performances we've got members totally writing us off as a 'hopeless' team.....

Far out, a few you idiots need to pull your heads, stop being drama queens, stop acting like Rabbitohs\Broncos fans and start showing some real support for your team :nope:

jenwood
17-07-10, 07:32 PM
Great post!

squirrell
17-07-10, 07:56 PM
This from wikipedia.
People participating in an Internet forum may cultivate social bonds and interest groups for a topic made from the discussions.

nothing wrong with fans expressing their opinions..this is what the forums for.
i pay **** loads every year for the last 4 yrs to watch my team,i enjoy putting some of my thoughts on here even if they are wrong or misguided,rose tinted glasses are for eternal optimists not realists.

Titanic
17-07-10, 08:04 PM
Great back-slapping, head in-the-sand post. Constructive criticism is a part of every organisation including our Club.

You are certainly right about bandwagonners and giving it all a positive spin but after last night with our most consistent player in serious doubt, our position in the eight in serious doubt and absolutely no doubt about being underachievers... surely a reality check is in order.

I don't post here often but have been driven to comment after another lacklustre performance... can't fault the heart but the errors? We are in danger of succumbing to "Blues disease" ... players out of position, passed use-by-date solutions and failing to look at ourselves in the mirror.

Loyalty? As all my family have proudly and patiently been paid-up members of the Giants, the Seagulls, the Chargers and the Titans, I feel I'm entitled to have my say too... c'mon boys, pull your fingers out!

Sydney Titans Fanatic
17-07-10, 08:20 PM
I agree 100% with you ryan....

Ryan
17-07-10, 08:23 PM
Great back-slapping, head in-the-sand post. Constructive criticism is a part of every organisation including our Club.

Constructive critism is good, never said I had a problem with that.
But if you think the following posts from the Rnd19 thread fall under that category, then it's your head thats in the sand:

well last time i spend money on a titans game, i dont care what you say about the refs, we had many opportunities, but once again the 2010 titans just manage to piss me and a lot of supporters off.

We were hopeless.

Our season is over. Even if we make the finals we will be doing nothing more than making up the numbers. A year of promise fizzles out hopelessly with yet another failure to improve as the season progresses. If we can't make any improvement between rds 1 and 19 there is no way we can improve sufficiently to threaten in rds 20 - 26.

I hope the management team does their job and let Cartwright know that 4 consecutive years of fadeouts is 3 too many.

All that aside, the attitude of TITANSRAWESOME to say that he won't go out and support the team anymore is the sort of attitude that has sunk over half a dozen GC teams in various national comps. Get used to it mate, with our aging pack and inneffective halves combination there is going to be a lot of pain before it gets any better. I have serious concerns about 2011.

Hopeless...

Go down to the local footy park and you will see most under 15 sides put on better plays than the garbage that the Titans have serving up in recent months. Absolutely no idea in attack and not a clue what to do when it comes to last tackle options. To top that off iv'e seen under 10s with a better kicking game. The current crop of Titans are ill disciplined, have pathetic ball control and quite simply they are nowhere near the calibre of a any other top 8 contender.
Ive stayed loyal but no more.
Aslo interesting to see that most of the loyal Titans supporters on this forum tipped the Broncos last night except muggins me. Looks like you guys have finally lost the faith and are tipping with your brains. Well done!!

:laugh: Constructive critism :rolleyes:

teke
17-07-10, 08:26 PM
I will be honest Im a bandwagoner because I have mates in the team.

Im an outright loyal to the bone Seas Eagle fan. Nothing will change ever!! :D

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 08:29 PM
meh whatta gonna do? and if you read my quote i said the 2010 titans, not the old titans 2007-2009, as i said before the loss just deflated me, and you might not agree with me but i like to think i usually say constructive criticism, dont multi quote all the times i have insulted them because i did just say usually.

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 08:30 PM
I will be honest Im a bandwagoner because I have mates in the team.

Im an outright loyal to the bone Seas Eagle fan. Nothing will change ever!! :D

you mean you made friends with the players or you were their friends b4 they got contracts?

teke
17-07-10, 08:31 PM
you mean you made friends with the players or you were their friends b4 they got contracts?One I could actually call a brother and the others I knew before they were 1st graders

Ryan
17-07-10, 08:34 PM
This from wikipedia.
People participating in an Internet forum may cultivate social bonds and interest groups for a topic made from the discussions.

nothing wrong with fans expressing their opinions..this is what the forums for.
i pay **** loads every year for the last 4 yrs to watch my team,i enjoy putting some of my thoughts on here even if they are wrong or misguided,rose tinted glasses are for eternal optimists not realists.

Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, but for some I recommend that they think twice before they do so because it ends up embarrasing them.
Last night you critised Luke Bailey; who happened to be the best forward on the field last night. In 57mins he made the most meters, respectable amount of tackles and conceded no penalties or errors in doing so. How the hell do you come to fault that?

Once again, I have no problem with constructive critism and you don't need "rose tinted glasses" to make a decent post. But the constant rain of ill-thought negative sh!t that comes down in here is embarrasing for the offical team forum.

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 08:36 PM
One I could actually call a brother and the others I knew before they were 1st graders

they is pretty awesome, i know ppl in titans under 16 rep teams and under 18 rep teams, but at least you have the stones to admit you are a bandwagoner

Ryan
17-07-10, 08:38 PM
meh whatta gonna do? and if you read my quote i said the 2010 titans, not the old titans 2007-2009, as i said before the loss just deflated me, and you might not agree with me but i like to think i usually say constructive criticism, dont multi quote all the times i have insulted them because i did just say usually.

If i tried to multi-quote all the times you insulted the team, I'd be here all night :laugh:
You'd have to be the most blatant offender :ugh:

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 08:41 PM
If i tried to multi-quote all the times you insulted the team, I'd be here all night :laugh:
You'd have to be the most blatant offender :ugh:

meh what can i say i hate losing, i guess im just a wee bit intolerant:?)

teke
17-07-10, 08:43 PM
they is pretty awesome, i know ppl in titans under 16 rep teams and under 18 rep teams, but at least you have the stones to admit you are a bandwagonerEven if I didnt know any Titans they would still be one of the teams i followed. I live here, they have a great stadium, good team and overall good product of the NRL. They will be Champs within the next 5 yrs I guarantee.

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 08:45 PM
Even if I didnt know any Titans they would still be one of the teams i followed. I live here, they have a great stadium, good team and overall good product of the NRL. They will be Champs within the next 5 yrs I guarantee.

i would hope but the nrl is soo tight, there is only 2 teams i could never support
1.south sydney
2.melbourne

squirrell
17-07-10, 08:50 PM
Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, but for some I recommend that they think twice before they do so because it ends up embarrasing them.
Last night you critised Luke Bailey; who happened to be the best forward on the field last night. In 57mins he made the most meters, respectable amount of tackles and conceded no penalties or errors in doing so. How the hell do you come to fault that?

Once again, I have no problem with constructive critism and you don't need "rose tinted glasses" to make a decent post. But the constant rain of ill-thought negative sh!t that comes down in here is embarrasing for the offical team forum.
again ur comments are fair...i dont expect anyone to agree with me guess im looking for answers....

squirrell
17-07-10, 08:58 PM
Last night you critised Luke Bailey; who happened to be the best forward on the field last night. In 57mins he made the most meters, respectable amount of tackles and conceded no penalties or errors in doing so.
He might do this every single game,,but we still cant win so whats wrong??:(

Ryan
17-07-10, 09:21 PM
He might do this every single game,,but we still cant win so whats wrong??:(

The competition is so competitive now, it doesn't take much of a poor performance to lose a game. One error here and a missed tackle there; can cost the team 12 points in quick succession, and probably the game. Throw in the a few bad ref decision's and it's compounded 10x. The last two games we lost a good player to the sinbin for no fault of their own. We've copped injuries to some of our best performers, including our captain the linchpin of our attack.
In the last three losses - if a few key moments went for us instead of against us - we would instead have 3 wins and sitting 3rd on the ladder instead of 8th.

A few 'what ifs' - I know.
A few injuries have hurt us, and hopefully Bird doesn't add to that.
But if the coaching staff can sort out the defensive problems, and Princey can get back to form and organise the attack again, 28 points per game will come easy again -and they will be a competitive team going into the finals. Our forward pack is making plenty of meters and we have plenty of spark between Presto, Rogers and Prince to put on the points. Throw in the fastest winger in the comp and few young guns like Tomane & Ryan, we've got enough x-factor aswell.

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 09:26 PM
The competition is so competitive now, it doesn't take much of a poor performance to lose a game. One error here and a missed tackle there; can cost the team 12 points in quick succession, and probably the game. Throw in the a few bad ref decision's and it's compounded 10x. The last two games we lost a good player to the sinbin for no fault of their own. We've copped injuries to some of our best performers, including our captain the linchpin of our attack.
In the last three losses - if a few key moments went for us instead of against us - we would instead have 3 wins and sitting 3rd on the ladder instead of 8th.

A few 'what ifs' - I know.
A few injuries have hurt us, and hopefully Bird doesn't add to that.
But if the coaching staff can sort out the defensive problems, and Princey can get back to form and organise the attack again, 28 points per game will come easy again -and they will be a competitive team going into the finals. Our forward pack is making plenty of meters and we have plenty of spark between Presto, Rogers and Prince to put on the points. Throw in the fastest winger in the comp and few young guns like Tomane & Ryan, we've got enough x-factor aswell.

i dont know where you got 28ppg because we have only done 3 times this season, against manly,newcastle and penrith
we scored heaps of points in our 3 previous years, i dont know if birds cronulla defensive days rubbed on us and now we cant score points

Supergoose
17-07-10, 09:35 PM
I seriously don't think it's a problem with the forwards. Our team is winning the middle third of the field. We are being beaten on the edges, we can get the ball into striking distance with ease but can't get it over the stripe and our edges in defence at times can be like a sieve. I'm not sure ho many centres we have used this year but between them and the halves they're not getting the job done. How many times do we see Gordon and mead score in the corner from a slick backline move from a pass? They may chase through the occasional kick but we're never giving our wingers space out wide. Part
of this may be in fact that we have 2nd rowers on the edges
who are getting in the way but some of the blame must go to our halves, out fullback and our centres, not to mention the game plan. I love the titans and decided to make them my team when they came on board regardless ofthe results. I still love thinking and expressing what is going right or wrong with the team. In fact I can often be as critical when they win as when they lose. Some people on here don't like this and say why do something different when they are winning. For me it's not enough to just win, I think you have to play well also. I reckon we've played better in some of our losses this year than in most of our wins. Friday night we outplayed the broncos for large chunks of the match but couldn't put the game away whether it was due to luck, refereeing or whatever, we lost I still think as a unit we're playing alright at the moment and with a bit of luck and a lot of soul-searching we can beat the dragons who like the tigers of recent and ourselves earlier in the year are jagging wins even when no playing that well.

Ryan
17-07-10, 09:37 PM
i dont know where you got 28ppg because we have only done 3 times this season, against manly,newcastle and penrith
we scored heaps of points in our 3 previous years, i dont know if birds cronulla defensive days rubbed on us and now we cant score points

Between Rnds 1 - 15, there were 8 occasions where we scored between 24-38 points.

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 09:38 PM
Between Rnds 1 - 15, there were 8 occasions where we scored between 24-38 points.

do explain, seriously though do

Ryan
17-07-10, 09:54 PM
do explain, seriously though do
In more than half of our games before Prince got injured against the Bulldogs in Rnd 15, we averaged 28 points.

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 10:07 PM
we werent do bad until round 9(even though we were still boring and stuff), from there we went downhill(ironically it started against the broncos)

karnage
17-07-10, 10:19 PM
In more than half of our games before Prince got injured against the Bulldogs in Rnd 15, we averaged 28 points.

That's exactly the porblem mate - we jump put of the blocks every year and then when the whips are cracking we fade away with barely a whimper.

2007 was exciting enough even though we finished about 13th and succumbed to a horrific injury toll. We were a first year team who probably exceeded most people's expectations.

2008 was dissappointing because again we had a few injuries but we lost a bunch of winnable games when a finals spot was there to be won - especiallyat home.

in 2009 we made the finals and had third spot wrapped up a in Rd 25. We went into the last game of the year at Brookie with a bad attitude, got smashed and picked up a knock or two and then conceded 40-odd points in our first final and then failed to even score a try in the second final.

And now in 2010, we have gone from first or second on the ladder after round 9 and then proceeded to win 2 games in the next 10 rounds. We have scored 8 points in that time, 4 of which are courtesy of the farcical situation that sees the NRL award points to teams that don't play.

Which prompts you to label people that support the team with their money and their time 'bandwagoners' because they are critical of a weak performance.

Cartwright said in his presser that they 'weren't good tonight'. In a politically correct world that is not far removed from describing their performance as hopeless.

I am not going to defend myslef from infantile taunts, nor am I going to descend to the level of criticising people for holding a different view from mine. I will continue to support the team and I will continue to be critical of poor performances while you accept mediocrity and disappointment.

dean
17-07-10, 10:27 PM
Ryan, time to settle down and take a reality check. As an open forum we all have the right to air our opinions wether YOU believe they are constructive or not and wether YOU like them or not. You also have no right to question or comment with regards to how YOU percieve other Titans fans to be, and you certainly have no right to judge their loyalty towards their team. You have taken it upon yourself to highlight a comment in my post, (Iv'e stayed loyal but no more,) but if you would like settle down just a tad and read that post again you would see that the comment was made with regards to tipping comps, not loyalty to the team.
I am, and always will be, a LOYAL TITANS SUPPORTER, i will support them through the good times and bad times, but at the same time i do not have to justify my comments and be judged as a either a loyal fan or bandwagoner by YOU. I am entitled to MY opinion and if you don't like it then lump it !!!

P.S Ryan, there is a huge difference between fantasy and reality, the fantasy is that i would love nothing more than the Titans to win the grand final, the reality is that ain't gunna happen in 2010.
And Ryan, in your professional opinion, if the Titans don't win the title does that make me a good judge, a bandwagoner or a loyal Titan supporter who will be there come kick off and supporting the team in 2011. ??????

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 10:35 PM
Ryan, time to settle down and take a reality check. As an open forum we all have the right to air our opinions wether YOU believe they are constructive or not and wether YOU like them or not. You also have no right to question or comment with regards to how YOU percieve other Titans fans to be, and you certainly have no right to judge their loyalty towards their team. You have taken it upon yourself to highlight a comment in my post, (Iv'e stayed loyal but no more,) but if you would like settle down just a tad and read that post again you would see that the comment was made with regards to tipping comps, not loyalty to the team.
I am, and always will be, a LOYAL TITANS SUPPORTER, i will support them through the good times and bad times, but at the same time i do not have to justify my comments and be judged as a either a loyal fan or bandwagoner by YOU. I am entitled to MY opinion and if you don't like it then lump it !!!

P.S Ryan, there is a huge difference between fantasy and reality, the fantasy is that i would love nothing more than the Titans to win the grand final, the reality is that ain't gunna happen in 2010.
And Ryan, in your professional opinion, if the Titans don't win the title does that make me a good judge, a bandwagoner or a loyal Titan supporter who will be there come kick off and supporting the team in 2011. ??????

wow:clap:, great post dean, but now i feel that this forum is about to rip itself apart

Ryan
17-07-10, 10:52 PM
That's exactly the porblem mate - we jump put of the blocks every year and then when the whips are cracking we fade away with barely a whimper.

2007 was exciting enough even though we finished about 13th and succumbed to a horrific injury toll. We were a first year team who probably exceeded most people's expectations.

2008 was dissappointing because again we had a few injuries but we lost a bunch of winnable games when a finals spot was there to be won - especiallyat home.

in 2009 we made the finals and had third spot wrapped up a in Rd 25. We went into the last game of the year at Brookie with a bad attitude, got smashed and picked up a knock or two and then conceded 40-odd points in our first final and then failed to even score a try in the second final.

And now in 2010, we have gone from first or second on the ladder after round 9 and then proceeded to win 2 games in the next 10 rounds. We have scored 8 points in that time, 4 of which are courtesy of the farcical situation that sees the NRL award points to teams that don't play.

Which prompts you to label people that support the team with their money and their time 'bandwagoners' because they are critical of a weak performance.

Cartwright said in his presser that they 'weren't good tonight'. In a politically correct world that is not far removed from describing their performance as hopeless.

I am not going to defend myslef from infantile taunts, nor am I going to descend to the level of criticising people for holding a different view from mine. I will continue to support the team and I will continue to be critical of poor performances while you accept mediocrity and disappointment.

Our first two years of competition had absolutely no depth due to being a new club starting from scratch and no development players to lean on when injuries hit, and injuries did hit pretty hard.

2009 was a good year, we had built up on depth but had no finals experience. The majority of our team had barely played finals football in 5yrs years - if ever at all. Yep it stung big time, but our last three losses last year were by the reigning premiers, a team who was playing there 18th consecutive finals series, and the eventual GF runner up who were in very hot form. Yeh, they could have played much better, but you live and learn.

Three out of our four last losses this year - we would have won (almost did) if not for contentious ref decisions or minute lapse's in key moments. We get those key decisions\moments in our favour, we win and we're sitting 2nd on the ladder right now, not 8th, with only 3 losses from the last 12 games.
With so little between our current position and #2 ladder position - what prompts you to label this team so 'hopeless'?

If it's good enough for people to write 'infantile' posts comparing professional sportmen to under 10's juniors - then its good enough for me to criticise those posts, because in a public forum everyone is open to a right of reply whether it's the topic at hand or someone elses response to it. If your gonna get upset everytime somebody criticise your criticism's, best you be posting your dummy spits where people aren't inclined to speak up and disagree with you.

Titanic
17-07-10, 10:52 PM
We are playing poorly... teams that minimise their errors are playing well... we are not.

The forwards are getting little assistance from a willing but stagnant set of inside backs. Where is the zip of previous years? Where is the wide expansive play that drew so many new fans to the club?

My wife, who really knows little about the game except that she hopes we will win each week so I don't sulk like a big sheila, reckons the team's style is constipated.

Ryan
17-07-10, 11:08 PM

Your 100% right, everyone has the right to air their opinion, just as I have done in this thread. But when you do decide to air your opinion on a public forum it, it is there for anyone to judge and criticise it for however they percieve it. More often than not people are gonna get offended, just like you are offended at my post, and no different to the Titans players being offended by you comparing them to under 10's juniors ;)

"Like or Lump it" - I love that saying, and the bloke who has recently raised it's popularity. But how do you think Jarryd Hayne and the NSW squad like his rants when he judges their commitment to their team? It'd be a safe assumption that they'd be pretty insulted, but thats "Harry's" opinion - does he have a right to express it on national tv?

No-one has to justify their comments or commitment to their team, but when you express your opinion in a public place - you are putting it out there for anyone and everyone to criticise, judge and perceive it however they like. Like it or lump it!

dean
18-07-10, 11:16 AM
Your 100% right, everyone has the right to air their opinion, just as I have done in this thread. But when you do decide to air your opinion on a public forum it, it is there for anyone to judge and criticise it for however they percieve it. More often than not people are gonna get offended, just like you are offended at my post, and no different to the Titans players being offended by you comparing them to under 10's juniors ;)

"Like or Lump it" - I love that saying, and the bloke who has recently raised it's popularity. But how do you think Jarryd Hayne and the NSW squad like his rants when he judges their commitment to their team? It'd be a safe assumption that they'd be pretty insulted, but thats "Harry's" opinion - does he have a right to express it on national tv?

No-one has to justify their comments or commitment to their team, but when you express your opinion in a public place - you are putting it out there for anyone and everyone to criticise, judge and perceive it however they like. Like it or lump it!

Not a problem there Ryan, however your problem is that you fail in the ability to understand what people are writing and you sometimes appear to totally miss the point that they are trying to make.
You have blinkers on and are surely focused on your own agenda and that is to bag every person that opinion differs to yours.
Twice now you have used my comments and twisted them totally out of context from the way that they were written.
You now claim that my comments have offended people on this forum including players and yourself.
Well here they are again
I am staying loyal no more..... I wrote this with regards to picking the Titans to win every week in tipping comps. Your take and what you percieve is that i am no longer a loyal supporter of the whole Titans team and establishment.

Second comment, i have seen under tens with a better kicking game......
You have jumped on this one, conveniently left out the kicking game, and then percieved it to be me having a shot at every Titans player by comaparing their professionalism and commitment to under 10 players. Talk about people percieving things wrongly and out of context, you would have to be the worst offender at this. You then claim that i have offended Titans players by such a terrible comment. What dribble!

Well i will tell you what, i for one believe that the Titans have one of the worst kicking games and last tackle options in the competition.
I will admit one thing, and that is that i was probably out of order by saying that i have seen under 10s with a better kicking game. Closer to the mark would have been probably the under 15s.

bigjim
18-07-10, 11:28 AM
I used to be a Bronco fan. They were the closest to GC and we didn't have a team. I'm now a Titan fan until the day I die.
I try to keep any negative comments between me and my tv on game day, much to my wife's disgust.

Ryan
18-07-10, 12:41 PM
Not a problem there Ryan, however your problem is that you fail in the ability to understand what people are writing and you sometimes appear to totally miss the point that they are trying to make.
You have blinkers on and are surely focused on your own agenda and that is to bag every person that opinion differs to yours.
Twice now you have used my comments and twisted them totally out of context from the way that they were written.
You now claim that my comments have offended people on this forum including players and yourself.
Well here they are again
I am staying loyal no more..... I wrote this with regards to picking the Titans to win every week in tipping comps. Your take and what you percieve is that i am no longer a loyal supporter of the whole Titans team and establishment.

Second comment, i have seen under tens with a better kicking game......
You have jumped on this one, conveniently left out the kicking game, and then percieved it to be me having a shot at every Titans player by comaparing their professionalism and commitment to under 10 players. Talk about people percieving things wrongly and out of context, you would have to be the worst offender at this. You then claim that i have offended Titans players by such a terrible comment. What dribble!

Well i will tell you what, i for one believe that the Titans have one of the worst kicking games and last tackle options in the competition.
I will admit one thing, and that is that i was probably out of order by saying that i have seen under 10s with a better kicking game. Closer to the mark would have been probably the under 15s.

Never mind my agenda, bagging people to incite controversial threads in this forum is a favourite past time of mine. Diehard will vouch for that, it was probably in his daily schedule to go through this forum and filter all my posts.....

I quite often fail to understand what some people write in this forum, sometimes I even wonder if I've been watching the same games due to ridiculous out of place insults that come after a loss. It is up to the writer to ensure his post is not mis-interpreted, not the reader. If you are careless in what you write, then some people will mis-understand and some might even call you out on it. There is a distinct difference between constructive criticism and flatout insults, I question your ability to differentiate between the two.

When a team of people spend their whole life devoted to a game, training and practising all week for the last 20yrs, forging a highly successful & well paid full time career out of it - then some d!ckhead in the crowd likens their ability to that of a under 10's team.... How can that be anything but an insult? And you are not the first person to dribble that sort of crap either.
Do you have a trade qualification, tertiary eduction or any sort of ability that requires years of training and experience to aquire? What if some laymen who doesn't even have the natural ability let alone the years of experience in your field of work, compared your skills to that of a 9yr old? :poke:

Atm you are analising the Titans kicking game when their #1 kicker and attacking organiser is injured and out of form. Prince has the broadest range of kicking skills in the comp (along side Lockyer), but that is useless while he has a busted hammy. And Prince dictates the structure of the team, he calls all the shots and directs the attack - when he is form, he is the best halfback in the game, and has been noted by experts as having the best last tackle options whether it be for getting a try or repeat set. But if he is out of form, then ofcourse the whole team will suffer.

The Titans kicking game as a whole? Well how many times has Preston Campbell regained possession by a short kickoff or dropout at crucial times? How many times have you seen the opposition backline run around in circles trying to mark one of Birds bombs? Mat Rogers has done plenty with the boot aswell. Have we seen the best of it in the last few games? No. But does that justify the insults and giving up on the rest of the season?

titansrawesome
18-07-10, 04:18 PM
my problem is that even in our last 3 years when we lost we at least played exciting, but now we play so good darn boring(tied with the eels for snooze game), have you already forgotten 07-09 when we spread the ball to walker,gordan,mead,dleanely etc and score awesome tries and we actually took great gambles and they usually paid off?

travis burch
18-07-10, 07:55 PM
I'm a Gold Coaster. I'm a loyal Titans fan, but.... to be honest, I don't think we'll make it to the finals.

Out of the next 7 games I can be certain we'll beat the Cowboys and the Sharks. As for the rest... some we will lose- Dragons for example. Some could go either way (Roosters).

I would like to see a "miracle on ice" on ice moment, I want to see it, but it just hasn't been our year.

shamus
18-07-10, 10:42 PM
I'm a Gold Coaster. I'm a loyal Titans fan, but.... to be honest, I don't think we'll make it to the finals.

Out of the next 7 games I can be certain we'll beat the Cowboys and the Sharks. As for the rest... some we will lose- Dragons for example. Some could go either way (Roosters).

I would like to see a "miracle on ice" on ice moment, I want to see it, but it just hasn't been our year.

Come on Travis...First post in 2 years and you don't add Tigers? After the last outing we should smash 'em....of course it depends on where our hearts are at being last regular game of the season.

.....I think we will make the finals......just no home final this year. Still gunna get my GF tickets though. I may even get to see the NYC Titans in the GF? My optimism is at a high, after all it is after 10pm (I have a curfew, and I am breaking it)...Titans NRL and NYC in the GF playing.........wait for it .................. Manly!.......Yup...I have a backup team. (Since 1966)

Titanic
18-07-10, 10:53 PM
Never mind my agenda...

Atm you are analising the Titans then of course the whole team will suffer...

But does that justify the insults and giving up on the rest of the season?

Perhaps this has been taken out of context but surely we are in enough trouble without really insulting the team and its loyal supporters :banana:

travis burch
19-07-10, 06:55 AM
"Come on Travis...First post in 2 years and you don't add Tigers"

Yeah, I've been busy.

The tigers is one that could go either way- I want a win, and I hope we still have something to play for at that point in the season.

dean
19-07-10, 05:40 PM
Question for Ryan

Its quite obvious what motivated you to start this thread.
But what has me totally confused is how you can possibly come to the assumption that a person is a bandwagoner and an idiot if he posts what he truly believes to be an honest and genuine opinion of his teams performances.
I believe that most on this forum are genuine loyal fans, however they do have the right to voice their opinion any way they want without being labelled as idiots and bandwagoners as you have implied.. I would think that the majority of forum members are old enough and mature enough to read other members posts and not react in an abusive way like you have.
Quite simply you need different opinions to have a succesful forum as it would be a boring place if we were all in aggreance. I agree that there are times when loyal fans on this forum ( like myself ) get upset at the teams performance and we then air our opinions that might upset a few sensitive members. But at the same time the sensitive ones have to respect the opinions of others without personally attacking and abusing them.

So my question to Ryan is this. If a fan expresses his honest opinion on this forum and you take personal offence to it, why do you assume and then accuse them of being idiots and a bandwagoners ?????

Coaster
20-07-10, 01:43 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/coasterphotos15/threadlikewheregoing753cz2.jpg

DIEHARD
20-07-10, 01:57 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am definitely a band wagoner.

Ryan
20-07-10, 04:24 PM
Question for Ryan

Its quite obvious what motivated you to start this thread.
But what has me totally confused is how you can possibly come to the assumption that a person is a bandwagoner and an idiot if he posts what he truly believes to be an honest and genuine opinion of his teams performances.
I believe that most on this forum are genuine loyal fans, however they do have the right to voice their opinion any way they want without being labelled as idiots and bandwagoners as you have implied.. I would think that the majority of forum members are old enough and mature enough to read other members posts and not react in an abusive way like you have.
Quite simply you need different opinions to have a succesful forum as it would be a boring place if we were all in aggreance. I agree that there are times when loyal fans on this forum ( like myself ) get upset at the teams performance and we then air our opinions that might upset a few sensitive members. But at the same time the sensitive ones have to respect the opinions of others without personally attacking and abusing them.

So my question to Ryan is this. If a fan expresses his honest opinion on this forum and you take personal offence to it, why do you assume and then accuse them of being idiots and a bandwagoners ?????

If it's so obvious why I started this thread, then why are totally confused?
I'll give you 3 reasons for this thread and what I've put in it:

1. Think of it as fighting fire with fire.
After watching a few poor performances from your team. You express your 'opinion' and question the players ability by comparing them to 10yr olds. It is obvious that 10yr olds could not perform as good as professional players, but it is your right to express your opinion even if it insults those players or anyone else. Fair enough.
After reading a few poor posts on this forum. I express my 'opinion' and question the writers loyalty to the team and call them bandwagoners. It is obvious most members on this forum are loyal supporters, but it is my right to express my opinion, ect, ect. Whats it like being on the other end?

2. Like I said before, I've always enjoyed sh!t stirring on this forum to get abit of banter going. I'm not sensitive at all, it takes quite abit to get under my skin, and I don't need anyone to agree with my opinion for me to be happy - I quite often post oposing 'opinions' just for the sake of it whether I really agree with my side of the argument or not. Half the reason of this thread was bait, but the other half was more serious and that takes me to #3:

3. I think it is embarrassing for the team and it's official forum when it's own members verbally bash the team and insult their players. When you go on other forums and you see members cannibalising their own players - it's not a good look. Theres nothing wrong with being critical of a teams or player performance, but you dont have to flat out insult them the way some members have been over the last few months. Sure, it's your right to express your opinion and if that means insulting someone then so be it - but don't get upset when the stones are picked up and thrown back at you.

The point is - When your team is struggling, try giving abit of positive support rather than a negative beat down.

DIEHARD
20-07-10, 04:44 PM
I think we can all agree that we wanna support our team till the end. Often it is very frustrating to see the team not seeming to live up to our level of passion. But it's hard out there and our players certainly do try their best. I'm sure the players are feeling just as frustrated.

I think we are all passionate Titans fans, otherwise we wouldn't be debating it. At the end of the day there are always going to be different types of fans who express passion and support in different ways and it's hard to compare them between each other.

I think posting on the Titans Official Forum is a good prerequisite for being a top fan.

I never wanna see our fans turn into Souths or Dragons fans, who would just as sooner jeer their team as cheer them.

But I think it is also healthy to have some tough love and some opinion with bite. Otherwise this forum would be cliche ridden.

titansrawesome
20-07-10, 05:00 PM
well we aren't gonna say " we lost 32-6 against a team we should have beaten but oh well they gave it their best", it is simply different fans have different ways of expressing their anger and being upset with performances.

Chaos
20-07-10, 09:51 PM
We don't want to be bagging most of the team and Ryan has a tried to address this...even though he's gone hard the other way...i suppose criticising the fans is just as bad as criticising the team itself.

I started criticising our lack of set plays a few weeks back only because we weren't going to win the grand final unless the issue was addressed.

I can't criticise the majority of what Cartwright, the coaching staff and the forward pack have been producing because we seem to dominate every game...we just can't score when in the attacking zone.
I supposed I'm one of those guilty of not giving enough praise were its due

bigjim
21-07-10, 01:17 AM
There's always a bright side to every situation.

Just imagine your a Knight fan.

Mushi
21-07-10, 04:30 PM
There's always a bright side to every situation.

Just imagine your a Knight fan.

Or a sharks one - their coach can't even stand them!:laugh:

DIEHARD
21-07-10, 07:18 PM
Or Souths. Absolute frustration and heartbreak.

Hopefully we can get our season on track. And always be a team in the hunt for the Finals every year. Even in 07 and 08 we were right in there. But were cruelled by injuries.

Also, while bad form and fans turning on club, players and fellow fans is something we never want to see. I also don't wan us taking winning and success for granted and become drunk off it. When nothing but a Premiership=failure.

I want us to remember the hard times so we can fully frame and appreciate the many glories we will surely have at the Titans with our leadership, values, players, juniors, sponsors and fantastic facilities such as Skilled Park and the Centre of Excellence.

DIEHARD
21-07-10, 07:19 PM
And let's not forget AWESOME and PASSIONATE fans!

matti
21-07-10, 07:29 PM
I'm a loyal fan even when my little girl was going to pass away still we still got a chance to watch the same together.

Ryan
23-07-10, 10:08 PM
ATT ALL BANDWAGONERS: ALL ABOARD, WE ARE WINNING AGAIN!
:laugh:

DIEHARD
23-07-10, 10:25 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love it!

shamus
23-07-10, 10:28 PM

:thumbsup: Hahaha..You crack me up Ryan.

P.S. I agree with most of what u r saying.......and I suspect I know who you are referring to.........any relation to Mahatma Cote? after all he was awesome? ;)

Coaster
23-07-10, 10:29 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/coasterphotos15/BandwagonFinal.jpg

Titanic
23-07-10, 10:38 PM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/NRL+Rd+1+Titans+v+Knights+mE4iVYpniKXl.jpg

titanstattman
25-07-10, 09:28 AM
On top on bottom or playing the top of ladder team IM BEHIND MY TEAM.........

Each week we play no matter who i have 100% faith that we can come home with the 2pts... TBH i hate it wen i see ppl tipping agasit us wen they a titans fan.... Who cares who we are playing i bet the players dont go into the game thinking oh we'll give it a go ut not to sure we'll get the win.......... NO they go into a game thinking yes its going to be tough but we BELIEVE we can come away with the win....... Nd i just wish all the fans did it aswell.........

NO MATTER WHERE UR TEAM SITS ON THE LADDER STAY 100% BEHIND UR TEAM

Mushi
25-07-10, 01:08 PM
On top on bottom or playing the top of ladder team IM BEHIND MY TEAM.........

Each week we play no matter who i have 100% faith that we can come home with the 2pts... TBH i hate it wen i see ppl tipping agasit us wen they a titans fan.... Who cares who we are playing i bet the players dont go into the game thinking oh we'll give it a go ut not to sure we'll get the win.......... NO they go into a game thinking yes its going to be tough but we BELIEVE we can come away with the win....... Nd i just wish all the fans did it aswell.........

NO MATTER WHERE UR TEAM SITS ON THE LADDER STAY 100% BEHIND UR TEAM

:thumbsup: Well said!!!! :thumbsup:

teke
25-07-10, 02:21 PM
NO MATTER WHERE UR TEAM SITS ON THE LADDER STAY 100% BEHIND UR TEAMUp the Eagullzzzz :fight: :fight:

travis burch
25-07-10, 04:57 PM
I can be certain we'll beat the Cowboys and the Sharks. As for the rest... some we will lose- Dragons for example.

BTW- never happier to wrong :)