PDA

View Full Version : Storm still without sponsor

Super Cronk
15-12-05, 03:53 PM
Storm still without sponsor: Foxsports.com.au

MELBOURNE Storm is set to enter the new NRL season without a major sponsor.

The club's long-term multi-million dollar relationship with recruitment firm Adecco expired at the end of the season.

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said while the club was unlikely to have naming rights backer, it hoped to recruit a series of major financial supporters.

. "We are close to having a substantial deal done and there are a few more in the pipeline," Waldron said yesterday.

"At the moment we are looking at splitting our major, which I believe is the best way to get best value.

"The thing about this game there is so many different properties available. You have front of jumper, back of jumper, shorts, ground signage, posts. Rather than having one company dominating all of those we are looking to have up to four major partners."

The 2006 NRL season begins in 87 days, but Waldron denied Storm had left its run too late to secure financial backing in an increasingly crowded sporting marketplace.

"We deliberately waited until the end of the year before we entered the market," Waldron said.

"We spent a lot of money on market research to better understand the value of our properties, our demographic and how we can best fit into the market.

"I think we are well placed.

"We offer a product that reaches beyond Victoria and dominates in New South Wales and Queensland.

"It is something we continue to chip away at," he said.

Because of stadium clashes with the Commonwealth Games, Storm won't play at home until Round 7 in April.

Waldron said the less-than-ideal draw was unlikely to impact on sponsorship talks.

"I don't think that will be a major issue for us," Waldron said.

-----

Im a teeny weeny bit worried that we dont have a major sponsor yet. But reading what waldron is saying i think they will work something out. Brian knows what he is doing and has a damn good record(with AFL)...i have faith in him and whatever he plans on doing.

DeeGan
15-12-05, 10:56 PM
Will be a matter of time super cronk ;)

DeeGan

Sharks
15-12-05, 11:07 PM
they should have no trouble getting afl as a sponsor...or would just be too weird? :whatd: