PDA

View Full Version : Crocker with the Storm

Super Cronk
15-12-05, 04:37 PM
Crocker having red-hot crack: Melbournestorm.com.au

HIGH-PROFILE Storm recruit Michael Crocker looms as a surprise inclusion in Craig Bellamy's leadership group after an impressive start to his Melbourne career.

The rugged back-rower has been the standout at pre-season training, impressing coaching staff and teammates.

"I have only been back for a few days (from the Kangaroo tour) but everyone is telling me how good Mick is going," Bellamy said yesterday.

"I always knew he was a good trainer, but I think what we have seen down here is he is a good leader as well.

"He is helping out young guys and encouraging others who are struggling and that shows he is maturing."

No stranger to controversy both on and off the field, Crocker is hoping his move to Melbourne can help kick-start his career.

"I am really loving it in Melbourne," Crocker said.

"I guess it has been said before, but it really does feel like a fresh start for me.

"I have found the training pretty tough. It is a lot different to what we did at the Roosters, but I have enjoyed the variety and the change of scenery.

"It has been good to get out of the spotlight, it is a lot different to Sydney."

Crocker also hopes that, under Bellamy, he can rekindle his representative ambitions.

While he played all three State-of-Origin games for Queensland this year, he lost his place in the national side.

"It is no secret Mick didn't have a good year at the Roosters," Bellamy said.

"I think it came as a bit of a shock to him that he wasn't going to be there, despite having a year to run on his contract.

"I don't think there is any reason he can't get back to his best next season.

"I thought that, along with Cameron Smith, he was still close to Queensland's best in the Origin series. The key for Mick is getting that quality in his play every week."
-------------------------

Just wanetd to see everyones opinions. Do you think the move to Melbourne will do Crocker the world of good?

Queenslander
15-12-05, 05:25 PM
Just wanted to see everyones opinions. Do you think the move to Melbourne will do Crocker the world of good?

Just like Crocker said "its a fresh start". If that is what he needs then it should improve his performance.

Dakink
15-12-05, 06:30 PM
Yep getting him out of the spotlight will hopefully allows the raging calf to calm his nerves alittle.

Luke
15-12-05, 06:38 PM
i think he will be alright at Melbourne he just needed a fresh start

..::Coops::..
15-12-05, 07:10 PM
Just wanetd to see everyones opinions. Do you think the move to Melbourne will do Crocker the world of good?

Yes. as Queenslander and luke have said its like a fresh start for him down there, and as Dakink mentioned being out of teh spotlight will help too.
I think another factor which might contribute is that his family is all down in melbourne.

i think we can expect a very good season from crocker!!

DeeGan
15-12-05, 11:53 PM
Despite what the detractors say, Mick Crocker is a good footballer and will be a buy of the season in Melbourne this time next season.

Crocker will be a leader in a new look Melbourne team and will be once again wearing a Maroon jersey come Origin time.

The move was needed and I look forward to Crocker vs Morley when the Roosters meet the Storm, should be worth the ticket price alone.

DeeGan

SOLIOLA
16-12-05, 11:35 AM
That will happen in Round 2 at Aussie Stadium Deegan

It's good to see that Crocker is going to be a leader of the storm and should be a great role model for the younger generation of footballers coming up through the Nrl.

Christabella
16-12-05, 09:58 PM
The move was needed and I look forward to Crocker vs Morley when the Roosters meet the Storm, should be worth the ticket price alone.

Oh but the real enjoyment will be gained from watching Crocker vs Anasta. The two can't stand each other, watch Origin 3 2005 if you need proof. (okay it might be unfair asking a Qlder to do that, so you will have to take my word for it LOL)

I had Commonwealth Games tickets the day before the Storm play Roosters but when I saw the draw I simply had to sell them (also because I would have to go to Melbourne on the Friday and miss the Dogs v Tigers) I have enough tickets for second week events anyhow.

..::Coops::..
17-12-05, 10:11 AM
Oh but the real enjoyment will be gained from watching Crocker vs Anasta. The two can't stand each other, watch Origin 3 2005 if you need proof. (okay it might be unfair asking a Qlder to do that, so you will have to take my word for it LOL)

ohh... i remember that! :) i can't wait!!