PDA

View Full Version : Round 19: Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos

DIEHARD
09-07-10, 02:30 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/titansvsbroncos.jpg

TICKETS: CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANIND10)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/titans.jpg

Preston Campbell, Kevin Gordon, Mat Rogers, Bodene Thompson, William Zillman, Greg Bird, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange from: Matt White, Brad Meyers, Ryan James, Luke O'Dwyer, Steve Michaels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/broncos.gif

Josh Hoffman, Antonio Winterstein, Alex Glenn, Israel Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Darren Lockyer ?, Peter Wallace, Shane Tronc, Andrew McCullough, Nick Kenny, Ben Te’o, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Matt Gillett, Mitchell Dodds, Josh McGuire.

DIEHARD
09-07-10, 02:33 PM
I know we still have to play the Wests Tigers tonight. But never too early to start a Derby thread. And it's been a while since our last home game.

Looks like it's up in the air if Justin Hodges will return. I think it is leaning towards NO. I hope that is the case.

Folau will also be looking for a strong game, with a quiet Origin 3 behind him.

Supergoose
10-07-10, 10:14 PM
Rumor has it that the broncos are about to announce the signing (or intent to sign) Greg Inglis. From various Internet sources. All say that the announcement will be tomorrow. I'm assuming it will be for next season.

patskE
10-07-10, 11:01 PM
wow
loose folau
pick up inglis

DIEHARD
11-07-10, 10:19 AM
Well it'd be good for him to stay in Rugby League, much prefer him to be at Melbourne. Don't like the idea of the Broncos getting Inglis after losing Folau and put him alongside Hodges. But they do have alot of money to play with.

Broncos have had their eyes on us for two weeks, cause they had the bye this weekend. So we need to get over the 1 point loss to the Wests Tigers and prepare.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
11-07-10, 11:17 AM
If the Titans play as well as they did in campbelltown i think they will have the edge to hold out the broncos....

Supergoose
11-07-10, 08:16 PM
I just signed up to the broncos boards. Most of them are ****-a-hoop over there and are expecting to beat us by 20. Zero respect for the titans, it will make winning so much sweeter.

DIEHARD
12-07-10, 01:42 AM
Titans clash crucial as Broncos' title pursuit gathers momentum

THE Broncos will be told "your destiny lies in your own hands" when they report for duty to officially begin the club's late-season premiership raid.

Brisbane's entire NRL squad - including Maroons heroes Darren Lockyer, Sam Thaiday and Israel Folau - will assemble at the club's Red Hill base early on Monday morning.

And with the representative season now over, and the eighth-placed Broncos fresh from a bye, today marks the formal start of their tilt at a wide-open NRL premiership.

It begins with Friday night's blockbuster southeast derby against the Gold Coast at Skilled Park.

Brisbane's top-four hopes - tangibly dead and buried only two months ago - will go on the line over the next three weeks against fellow heavies the Titans, Roosters and Dragons.

"Our destiny is in our own hands," assistant coach Anthony Griffin said.

"If we're good enough, we can really cement our spot in the playoffs over the next month.

"As a group, we haven't sat down and said where we want to finish, but everyone understands the importance of a top-four spot."

Without their Origin trio at training yesterday, Brisbane's young brigade was warned it must find a new level with the intensity set to ramp up in the lead-up to the semi-finals.

"I think we're going OK, there's not one particular area we need to change or improve," Griffin said.

"The best thing about us is, bar Justin Hodges, we're relatively injury-free and I don't think we've had a bad player in our squad.

"But we've spoken about the fact all parts of our game must go to another level. What we've done the last eight weeks won't get us any further for the next eight weeks unless we go up a gear.

"The competition is really on now. Everyone has set their sights on the finish line.

"I believe the young guys have still got another level, hopefully we can build some momentum."

Defence has been the cornerstone of Brisbane's form resurgence since the club hit rock bottom on the NRL ladder earlier in the year.

In April, the Broncos carried the NRL's worst defensive record over the opening six weeks of 2010 - leaking 28 points and 46 missed tackles per game.

But in a stunning turnaround, the Broncos have conceded an average of only 12 points and 29 missed tackles per game in their last eight starts.

Asked the key to the defensive about-face, Griffin said: "It's a bit of everything.

"We had a fair turnover in players for the first eight weeks, a lot of injuries, and we blooded a lot of young guys. It's a mentally tougher group now and the players are a lot more confident with their defence."

Source: Courier Mail

titansrawesome
12-07-10, 10:06 AM
this game is season defining, we must shut down folau this time, 11 tries in 4 games against us is horrible

DIEHARD
12-07-10, 11:18 AM
11 tries. I wanna cry. We must shut him out.

Mushi
12-07-10, 12:42 PM
He's probably geared up for a big one too knowing him - he had a quiet origin 3. I think a big game for our defence this week. We do well there and we will have the confidence to get over the line. Oh and the refs on our side for a change may help too :)

Surfers6
12-07-10, 02:55 PM
MyTeam against Broncs.

1 Presto
2 Gordon
3 Rogers
4 Tagatese/ Tomane/ Tonga/ Toopi.
5 Tomane/Zillman
6 Bird
7 Prince
8 Bailey
9 Friend
10 Henderson
11 Laffranchi
12 Mini
13 Harrison

14 Meyers
15 Thompson
16 James
17 ODwyer

patskE
12-07-10, 11:53 PM
any idea how cannings and tonga went for the jets on the weekend?

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 12:52 PM
Zillman the answer to Carty's prayers on the wing

WILLIAM Zillman looms as the Titans strike weapon in the run home to the finals with coach John Cartwright revealing he may have finally found a home on the wing.

Despite playing 13 NRL games this season, the form of Preston Campbell at the back combined with Scott Prince and Greg Bird's combination in the halves has resulted in limited opportunities for Zillman in 2010.

The 23-year-old's season has also included two trips back to the Queensland Cup with the Ipswich Jets but his worth is set to increase on the wing after a season-ending injury to David Mead.

Cartwright yesterday declared Zillman's last two games from the flank his best `for a long time', highlighted by eight tackle breaks from 14 runs compared to 19 tackle busts from 98 runs before forming his new combination with Bodene Thompson on the right hand edge.

And Ipswich assistant coach Shane Walker, who played 148 games for Friday's opponents Brisbane and South Sydney, believed the Titans would be buoyed by having Zillman on the field for 80 minutes.

"The games Zilly has played for us (Ipswich) he has been far and away our best and I think he's actually a future representative player, not just an 80-minute NRL player," said Walker, who has been `blown away' by Zillman's skill in the Queensland Cup.

"The thing he does really well is support and he's smart enough to not just plant himself on the wing and wait for the opportunity to come from his centre.

"He's clever enough to get infield and feed off guys like Princey and Preston and when the ball's on his side and he knows that if it's not coming to him, he gets himself around the football as well.

"When the forwards are doing it tough at the back end of the game it's great to see someone come in, especially someone with great footwork like William to take that pressure off.

"But I think he can bring more to a footy team than just coming in and doing relieving runs, he has more to offer and with a bit more of his own self belief, representative footy is well in his reach."

Cartwright said regular backrower Thompson, who has been shifted to centre to cover the loss of Sam Tagataese, had also proven his potential and hoped with more game time under their belt, his two younger stars would continue to prosper.

"The more they play together the better they are going to get," he said of Zillman and Thompson.

"Bodene is a real natural footballer, he's showing more each week that he can handle centre and Zillman I think has played his best two games for a long time on the wing.

"Maybe he might have found a spot out there."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 12:58 PM
Defence tough enough for Carty

JOHN Cartwright has declared it will take a mighty side to beat the Titans if their defence carries the same force as it did in last Friday night's loss against the Wests Tigers.

Starved of possession and despite defending for an extra five sets, the Titans hung tight and only a 51m Benji Marshall field goal on half-time was able to split the sides in the end.

"You still get the same feeling at the end of it when you lose but as time goes on it's easier to get over the loss knowing there is plenty of effort there," said Cartwright, who knows the Titans risk dropping out of the top eight with a loss to Brisbane.

"The Tigers were at 90 per cent completion and we were still in there swinging ... and if that's what it takes, it's going to take good sides to beat us.

"I was pretty confident (we could withstand the pressure) the energy in the defensive line was good, the talk was good and if you can get that right that's half the battle.

"But it's a standard we have to maintain over the next eight rounds and if we can do that I'm sure we are going to win our fair share of games."

It all starts again at Skilled Park on Friday night for the Titans when they rekindle their rivalry with the Broncos.

The stakes will be high for both sides and with eight rounds remaining and no team's place in the top eight guaranteed, Cartwright said the final two months shaped as one of the best endings to a season in memory.

But it was the same scenario, with the exception of the Storm, facing every club over the final eight rounds.

"I think it will be a super game and both sides are approaching some good form and there is a lot at stake as far as the competition table is concerned," said Cartwright, who will be keen to get one back on the Broncos, who have won the last two encounters between the teams, including a 28-6 triumph in Round 10.

``Everyone's in a danger zone. If you look at yourself on the ladder and think you're comfortable that's not a good position to be in.

"There is 16 points up for grabs but no one is safe for a semi-final spot and it's not beyond anyone to lose six or seven in a row.

"No one knows what the cut-off is going to be so I think we're in for a final eight weeks like we have never seen before."

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 01:06 PM
Alex Glenn Gives Ivan Selection Headache

ALEX Glenn is set to come back for a match on his home turf when the WOW Brisbane Broncos travel for the south-east Queensland derby against the Gold Coast Titans on Friday.

Glenn has been missing since injuring his ankle against Penrith at Suncorp Stadium a month ago.

But he has rehabilitated well and is gunning for a shock return on the Gold Coast, the town where the Broncos spotted him playing football for the Burleigh Bears.

Glenn was expected to be another two weeks on the sideline when he first sustained the high ankle sprain.

However now he is in the frame for the match against the Titans, and it will be hard for coach Ivan Henjak to ignore considering his consistent form this year.

That will also allow Matt Gillett to return to the back row and provides Henjak with nice selection headaches as he tries to fit Glenn plus Origin players Darren Lockyer, Israel Folau and Sam Thaiday into the team that was beaten in the last minute by the Tigers on July 2.

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 02:16 PM
Gold Coast Titans: Preston Campbell, Kevin Gordon, Mat Rogers, Bodene Thompson, William Zillman, Greg Bird, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange from: Matt White, Brad Meyers, Ryan James, Luke O'Dwyer, Steve Michaels.

Brisbane Broncos: Josh Hoffman, Antonio Winterstein, Alex Glenn, Israel Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Darren Lockyer ?, Peter Wallace, Shane Tronc, Andrew McCullough, Nick Kenny, Ben Te’o, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Matt Gillett, Mitchell Dodds, Josh McGuire.

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 02:45 PM
Titans name extended squad for local derby

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have named an extended 18-man squad for Friday night’s blockbuster against the Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright has opted to stick with the same 17-man squad that suffered a narrow but encouraging 15-14 loss to the Wests Tigers, with former Broncos centre/winger Steve Michaels again named as 18th man on an extended five-man interchange bench.

Michaels is yet to play for the Jetstar Titans since being granted a mid-season release from the Broncos six weeks ago but has been performing for Queensland Cup feeder-club the Burleigh Bears.

Despite the disappointment of the club’s narrow loss to the Tigers, Cartwright was impressed by the effort and intensity the fifth-placed Titans showed against the Tigers ahead of their next challenge in Friday night’s local derby.

The Jetstar Titans have won two of the three matches played against the Broncos at Skilled Park, with their only defeat on home turf coming in last year’s finals match which Brisbane won 40-3s2.

The Titans will have an opposed training session against the club’s NYC Under-20s this afternoon before finalising preparations with a training run at Skilled Park on Thursday morning.

In the curtain raiser on Friday night, the Titans’ NYC Under-20s will be looking to keep their five-game winning streak alive when they take on the Broncos.

To view the full story and both Titans NRL and NYC squads go to:

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=27815&titans-name-extended-squad-for-local-derby

titansrawesome
13-07-10, 04:05 PM
where is tonga and cannings? bodene is not a centre he is a backrower, michaels is rubbish and its dumb he would mentioned

Coaster
13-07-10, 04:38 PM
Titans will be getting one of there big guns back from suspension for this one.

Yes that's right, Coaster will be back.

Pour me a couple of overpriced warm light beers, look out touchies your in for a hiding, and you better be talking to them Zillman

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 04:41 PM

Pour me a couple of overpriced warm light beers, look out touchies your in for a hiding, and you better be talking to them Zillman

YES!!!! GREAT NEWS!!! :banana: Coaster is BACK!

TITAN PETE
13-07-10, 05:10 PM

Great to see you got Bail mate :thumbsup:

titansrawesome
13-07-10, 08:46 PM
getting my tickets now, there are loads of tickets in every category atm

DIEHARD
13-07-10, 09:08 PM
Heading towards 20k as we speak. Hope we get a sell out. Only Tuesday night thankfully.

karnage
13-07-10, 09:12 PM
Crowds have been disappointing all year. Anything less than a full house in what is probably our most important derby yet (barring the final obviously!!) would be a poor performance.

What is the current scoreline for the derbies?? We must be lagging behind after the last 2 losses hey??

teke
14-07-10, 12:44 AM
where is tonga and cannings? bodene is not a centre he is a backrower, michaels is rubbish and its dumb he would mentionedMichaels aint rubbish mate.

titansrawesome
14-07-10, 08:08 AM
Michaels aint rubbish mate.

have you watched him play at brisbane? he was the fault in their backline thats why they offloaded him.

TITAN PETE
14-07-10, 08:21 AM
have you watched him play at brisbane? he was the fault in their backline thats why they offloaded him.

Michaels deserves a chance to prove he's a 1st grade footballer, he had a shocker against the Raiders when playing for the Donkeys so i'm sure he'd love to get a run against the team that showed him the door ;)

karnage
14-07-10, 09:54 AM
I'd stick with Thompson and play him on Folau. I would be willing to lose attacking potency on that flank if it meant getting a guy with the ability, and most importantly the size, to get up in Folau's face and shut him down.

On another note, the NRL have given us Jason Robinson and Matt Checchin as the referees for this game. Both are pretty ordinary, but atleast we didn't get lumped with Shayne Hayne.

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 10:44 AM
I'd lean towards Bodene to shut down Folau. We don't need to beat him at his own game, just shut him out and let our other players find the points.

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 10:47 AM
Titans have 50 reasons to bring down Israel

WHILE rugby league fans may miss Israel Folau when he defects to Aussie rules next season, the Titans can't wait to see the back of the flying Broncos centre.

Folau has proven the Gold Coast's nemesis since they entered the competition in 2007, having never lost to the Titans and posting an incredible 50 points in just five matches through 12 tries and one conversion.

It's no surprise the Titans have identified nullifying Folau's aerobatics as a key to beating the Broncos at Skilled Park on Friday night, although his Queensland teammate Ash Harrison yesterday conceded the task was next to impossible.

"He is pretty hard to shut down," said Harrison.

"Lockyer will be kicking to him most times so we have just got to do our best to get people around the ball and protect our wingers.

"But he is such a great jumper of the ball that he is pretty hard to defend against.

"We have just got to get numbers around the ball when Locky puts the kicks up and hopefully get the crumbs."

Asked if Folau had any weaknesses that could be exploited, Harrison said: "No, not really. He is a pretty complete player.

"He jumps high for the footy and competes hard when he runs with the footy.

"Izzy is a great player but he is one of 17 that we have to stop on Friday."

The Titans will tumble out of the top eight for the first time since 2008 if they lose against the Broncos and the results of a few other key matches go against them.

The Coast could end up as low as ninth on Monday night if the Warriors manage to rack up a score to beat Melbourne, the Rabbitohs topple the Dragons and Manly also fend off Cronulla.

The Titans have met the Broncos eight times since entering the competition in 2007, winning three.

But the Gold Coast has never beaten a Melbourne or Broncos team featuring Folau.

Folau missed the Broncos' 34-18 loss against the Titans in Round 20 last season with a broken ankle, while he was on Queensland duty when the Coast upset Melbourne in Round 10, 2008.

Titans coach John Cartwright yesterday named an unchanged side from the one that fell agonisingly short against the Tigers last week.

Harrison said there were many positives to take out of the Tigers clash, saying the Titans were looking to build on that performance against the Broncos.

"It is a really important game for us this week and a game where we have to start building a little bit of momentum coming into the back end," he said.

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 10:49 AM
Drop-kicks have Bird in real flap

GOLD Coast Titans five-eighth Greg Bird is hoping a bit of luck swings back his way against the Broncos after watching the football gods smile on his opposition last week.

Backing up for his third game in 10 days at Skilled Park on Friday, Bird is also looking to snap a streak of heartbreaking losses when he lines up against Brisbane.

Bird looked on last Wednesday as Queensland five-eighth Darren Lockyer slotted a 46m field goal to turn the Origin finale in the Maroons favour before some Billy Slater magic stole victory from NSW.

On Friday against the Tigers, it was a case of deja vu as Wests playmaker Benji Marshall potted a 50m drop kick to secure his team a one-point win at Campbelltown.

"Hopefully none of the (Broncos) halves jag one from halfway again, I think it was two in three days, which was a bit upsetting," said Bird.

"You see them in certain games but to see two in one week is a bit different. It is definitely going to be a tight one but hopefully more than one point separates us."

While Bird and Titans teammate Ash Harrison will be doing it tough, the Broncos' Origin contingent -- Lockyer, Israel Folau and Sam Thaiday -- will be well rested after a bye round at the weekend.

"The local derby is always a big game no matter what club you are at," said Bird.

"They knocked us off last time at Suncorp and we will be out looking to return the favour this week.

"Every team in and around the top eight is playing for those top eight spots. There is only one team that is safe and that is the Dragons.

"Every team from 10th to fourth are within two points of each other.

"Everyone needs to pick their act up if they want to be playing come September and we are no different.

"We can kick off the end of our season now and hopefully build up some momentum running into the semis."

THE TITANS will challenge the NRL's decision to fine them $5000 for comments allegedly made by `club officials' towards a touch judge during Friday night's loss against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown.

The league last night issued the club with a breach notice and the Titans have five working days to respond.

Gold Coast general manager of football Scott Clark said the club would not cop the fine lying down and had asked the NRL for more information on the exact reasons for the penalty.

"As it stands, the breach notice doesn't actually pinpoint who the offenders were," said Clark.

"We need them to expand on the allegations. "He (the touch judge) was saying he was continually being abused from the 59th minute onwards and when he finally turned around with a few minutes to go, he thinks it was a certain person and I know for a fact it wasn't that person, but I am not going to say who that was."

Titans coach John Cartwright could be seen on the telecast making his way to the sideline late in the match but other club officials were also present.

Cartwright has been fined twice for approaching match officials.

NRL rules state that 'under no circumstances are match officials to be approached, questioned, or harassed in any way by club officials either during or after a match'.

The breach notice follows a written warning issued to all clubs in May that there had been a number of incidents where club officials had gone close to breaching NRL rules in relation to approaching, questioning, or offering unsolicited advice to match officials.

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 02:06 PM
Nick Kenny Pumped For Finals Run

NICK Kenny is full of confidence with the Broncos to field their strongest squad of the season for the local derby with the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park.

In addition to the return on Friday of Origin stars Israel Folau, Sam Thaiday and captain Darren Lockyer, centre Alex Glenn returns from a five-week layoff with an ankle injury.

With the finals eight weeks away, the news could not come at a better time for the Broncos, who now have only Justin Hodges still to return from injury.

Prop Kenny, who has missed a large part of the year through injury himself, says the strength of this week?s squad can be measured by the quality of the players who will miss out.

Lagi Setu, Ashton Sims and Scott Anderson will all line up in the Queensland Cup this weekend, while Gerard Beale and Corey Norman will play for the Broncos under-20s side.

?When you look at the guys who are missing out this week, there?s some good players there and they?ve been playing some good footy,? said Kenny.

?With guys like that in the reserves it gives you a lot of confidence in the depth of the side at the moment.?

With State of Origin and the byes out of the way, the squad is well and truly focussed on building momentum in the run in to the finals.

?When you string a few wins together, your confidence grows, the balls start bouncing your way, and before you know it your in great form and you?ve won five or six in a row,? he said.

Kenny said the team was well aware of the pressure the Titans will be under to perform at the business end of the season.

?I think this time of year brings out the best in those clubs that are at the top of the table and competing to make the semi-finals,? he said.

?Getting close to the end of the year and approaching the semis there is that extra bit of incentive there and you can see that desperation in teams.?

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 02:06 PM
Nick Kenny Pumped For Finals Run

NICK Kenny is full of confidence with the Broncos to field their strongest squad of the season for the local derby with the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park.

In addition to the return on Friday of Origin stars Israel Folau, Sam Thaiday and captain Darren Lockyer, centre Alex Glenn returns from a five-week layoff with an ankle injury.

With the finals eight weeks away, the news could not come at a better time for the Broncos, who now have only Justin Hodges still to return from injury.

Prop Kenny, who has missed a large part of the year through injury himself, says the strength of this week?s squad can be measured by the quality of the players who will miss out.

Lagi Setu, Ashton Sims and Scott Anderson will all line up in the Queensland Cup this weekend, while Gerard Beale and Corey Norman will play for the Broncos under-20s side.

?When you look at the guys who are missing out this week, there?s some good players there and they?ve been playing some good footy,? said Kenny.

?With guys like that in the reserves it gives you a lot of confidence in the depth of the side at the moment.?

With State of Origin and the byes out of the way, the squad is well and truly focussed on building momentum in the run in to the finals.

?When you string a few wins together, your confidence grows, the balls start bouncing your way, and before you know it your in great form and you?ve won five or six in a row,? he said.

Kenny said the team was well aware of the pressure the Titans will be under to perform at the business end of the season.

?I think this time of year brings out the best in those clubs that are at the top of the table and competing to make the semi-finals,? he said.

?Getting close to the end of the year and approaching the semis there is that extra bit of incentive there and you can see that desperation in teams.?

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 02:07 PM
Ashley Harrison plans to shut down his Queensland team room-mate Sam Thaiday

AS Sam Thaiday's roommate during the State of Origin series, Ashley Harrison formed part of a devastating backrow that dominated NSW.

On Friday night, however, Harrison's focus will be on containing the in-form Bronco, knowing that doing so means he just might help the Titans get their stuttering season back on track.

After a sensational opening to the year, John Cartwright's side heads into Friday night's Queensland derby on the back of two straight losses. The Titans have lost five of their past seven matches to slide from equal first to fifth place on the ladder.

"This is a big game for both teams. I mean the local derby is always a big game, but in the context of the season, I think it is a pretty important two points that is up for grabs," Harrison said.

"The Broncos obviously started the year slowly, but they have got a bit of a roll on lately and Sammy has been a big part of that.

"Having been his roomie for Queensland and played alongside him there, I know what he brings to the table, though I don't think there is much doubt this year he is playing the best footy he has played in his career.

"He is playing long minutes and his workrate is amongst the best in the competition, but at the same time he hasn't lost any of the impact of his work. I don't think it is too much to suggest he is probably the form forward in the NRL this year.

"Beating the Broncos is more than just about stopping one player, but Sammy is definitely the leader of their forward pack so controlling him will certainly be very important."

Thaiday ranks among the competition's best backrowers for average minutes, runs, metres gained and tackles.

And following Greg Inglis's decision to reject a $400,000 offer to head north next season, he is in line for a major pay upgrade ahead of the 2011 season.

Along with Thaiday and veteran lock Corey Parker, young duo Matt Gillett and Ben Te'o have announced themselves as future stars and together form what Harrison admits is one of the most potent backrow combinations in the NRL.

"Definitely I think they have come a long way since the start of the year and they are up there with the best backrows around," said Harrison.

Thaiday, captain Darren Lockyer and centre Israel Folau return to the Broncos' line-up after missing Brisbane's last-minute loss to the Tigers a fortnight ago.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 02:08 PM
Desperate days as finals dash begins

Here's one truth - the Brisbane Broncos are in the hunt.

Who would have been saying that two months ago, when it looked like the ground was about to open up and swallow everyone - from the kids learning to be first-graders to the hordes of walking wounded?

Exactly how 'back' they are could be determined on Friday night in a derby against the Gold Coast that, even this far out, may have lingering effects on what is already becoming a dog-eat-dog scramble for the NRL finals.

Advertisement: Story continues belowWith Melbourne out of the race and no clear frontrunner bulldozing their way to the decider, there is a lingering feeling across the clubs in and around the top eight that if you are in it, there's a good chance you can win it.

The story is no different at the Broncos, who meet the fifth-placed Titans from eighth on the ladder but could finish the round equal on 22 competition points should they steal the win at Skilled Park.

Just to be in the running for the post-season is an achievement in itself for Brisbane, with some engraving 'Broncos' on the wooden spoon after a horrible run that produced just two wins from the first eight rounds.

Now things are on the up and up.

Star centre Justin Hodges is being primed for a return and coach Ivan Henjak has been forced to send three regular top graders - Scott Anderson, Lagi Setu and Ashton Sims - back to the Queensland Cup to accommodate the log-jam of fit forwards.

The Titans have suffered two close losses but are notoriously difficult at home and present a stringent test for the Broncos, who are acutely aware of the increasing desperation of both clubs as September draws near.

"I think this time of the year brings out the best in those clubs at the top of the table and who are competing to make those semi finals," said Broncos prop Nick Kenny, who has beaten off some stiff competition to start in the front row.

"The footy's been great but just getting closer to the end of the year, there's that extra bit of incentive. You can see that desperation in teams. It's only a few weeks until it comes crunch time.

"Every team in that top bracket is feeling the same and are excited about having a good run into the semis."

Simply winning on the night is the driving factor for any side, Kenny believes, but the exacerbation of coming back from the brink of early season extinction and missing out on the finals is giving the big prop cold sweats at night.

"There's congestion around the eight. There's going to be some teams that miss out. That's going to be a terrifying prospect that you could come that close and miss out of the finals," Kenny said.

The Titans looked like a lock for the finals but recent stumbles have humbled their advances. Even the bookmakers are yet to be convinced - Brisbane are third favourite for the premiership behind St George and Penrith, while the Titans are the ninth fancy at $21.

Kenny isn't taking notice of the odds but is wary of Blues Origin star Greg Bird, who will be desperate to bring some of the confidence he found against Queensland back to the Titans.

"He's strong. He's in that ball-playing position, so he does a lot of the organising position for them. He's always a handful in attack. We'll have to be on our game to make sure we shut him down," Kenny said.

Off the field, the week had a sour beginning for the Titans after they were hit with a $5000 breach notice for comments made by club officials towards a touch judge during last Friday's game against the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown.

The Titans breach notice follows a written warning issued to all clubs on May 19 this year that there had been a number of incidents where club officials had gone close to breaching NRL rules in relation to offering unsolicited advice to match officials on game day.

The Titans have five business days in which to make any submissions in relation to the breach notice.

www.theage.com.au/

teke
14-07-10, 02:32 PM
have you watched him play at brisbane? he was the fault in their backline thats why they offloaded him.Have I watched him play, I have probably seen 90% of his games and only a very small percentage of them he had trouble in defence in the centres where it is probably the hardest position on the field to defend in. He was offloaded because they had good talent coming through.

Zillman into centre with Michaels on the wing would be a good attacking option.

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 02:48 PM
Harrison firmly focussed on finals charge
Adam Gardini and Brooke Muir

State of Origin hero Ashley Harrison says he hasn?t allowed himself to dwell on Queensland?s record-breaking achievements in an effort to put his full focus behind the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans? finals charge.

Harrison helped put the icing on Queensland?s historic fifth straight series win with an involved performance in the final game of the series seven days ago as they notched their first 3-nil whitewash since 1995.

However, Harrison said he hadn?t reflected too much on the enormity of the achievement, with his focus firmly on the run home to the finals with the Titans - beginning with Friday night?s clash against the Broncos at Skilled Park.

?What happened last Wednesday was a very special moment in my career and something I?ll remember forever,?? he said.

?In saying that you can?t really dwell on it or think about it.

?Your concentration goes straight back into club footy and it?s an important time of year for the Titans, so I?m just looking to perform well on Friday and continuing to do so.''

Fellow NRL Titans squad member Greg Bird also took plenty out of his performance for NSW in the final game of the series but agreed that with the representative season now over, it would help the team focus on their finals charge.

?I haven?t really been involved in Origin the whole time because I only got the one chance. But for Harro (Harrison) I?m sure he?s happy its over so we can keep the same squad week-in and week-out which is going to be good for the team,'' he said.

Bird said the Titans had taken positives out of last Friday night?s loss to the Tigers, which they aim to build on against the Broncos.

?Apart from the kick from Robbie Farah, they didn?t break our line too much so that was a confidence booster for us and we?ll definitely take that with us into Friday night?s game,'' he said.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

gotitans101
14-07-10, 03:20 PM
Got a very bad feeling about this game. I'm never confident tipping us lately, but hopefully we defend our line like we did against the Tigers. If not, we will continue our fall down the NRL ladder. Locky & Folau to dominate.

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 06:55 PM
Titans talking tough

Gold Coast forward Luke Bailey has warned Brisbane to get ready for fireworks and heavy contact from a Titans outfit who have re-discovered their self-belief.

"It's always a big challenge when you play the Broncos, it's big two points this weekend," said the battle-hardened Bailey.

"I'm sure there'll be some fireworks and also some pretty big contact."

Sometimes a tough loss like last weekend's 15-14 field goal defeat to the Wests Tigers can knock a team's confidence for six.

But Bailey feels it's had the complete opposite effect and has the Gold Coast steeled for the challenge posed by Brisbane coming off their most successful Origin period ever.

"We could have hung our heads but there's a bit of a feel in the camp that some self-belief was restored, especially with our goal-line defence," the experienced prop said.

"They threw a lot at us and I think we've taken a lot out of that game."

Bailey and fellow forward Mark Minichiello said while strapping young centre Israel Folau and veteran five-eighth Darren Lockyer were major attacking threats, the battle up front would be equally as important.

"Their forward pack has been going great and it's just another challenge for us. I think our forwards have been pretty good all year," Minichiello said.

"It's always great to come up a good forward pack and challenge yourself.

"With a big crowd out there, hopefully we can get the job done."

Minichiello agreed with Bailey that last week's loss had given the Titans a shot of confidence.

"It was a big game for us and I thought we stood up to the challenge really well," he said.

"The performance showed we can cut it with the best and this game will be a stepping stone towards the final."

Bailey is aware of Folau's good record against the Titans.

"I think he's scored a few points against us," he said.

"He's a freak of nature, that's what they do, they score points.

"Darren Lockyer is also playing sensational footy and will be hard to stop.

"We just need a committed 80-minute performance and a big crowd to get us home."

Both sides will wrap up their preparations on Thursday.

With more than 20,000 tickets pre-sold at Skilled Park, there's a real possibility of Friday's game being a sell out.

Source: AAP http://www.NRL.com

DIEHARD
14-07-10, 06:58 PM
Titans v Broncos Preview
Skilled Park Friday 7.35pm

The battle of south-east Queensland gets personal this Friday night as Rivalry Round erupts with a blockbusting clash of major significance: big brother against little brother in a turf war that shapes to be epic in front of a massive crowd.

Both the Titans and Broncos are neck-deep in the battle for finals places and know every win and loss is particularly crucial from this point.

The home-side Titans are still fuming after their one-point loss to the Wests Tigers last weekend, as it was certainly one that got away and it took a 51-metre field goal to beat them. But the points are on the board and they have slipped to fifth on the ladder, giving up a top-four berth to the Roosters on percentages.

A win could be enough to get it back? they could even climb as high as third; however, a loss could see them sink as low as ninth, completely out of the finals zone.

They have remained loyal to the side that lost in Sydney, with the only change being former Bronco Steve Michaels added as an 18th man.

The Broncos are fresh from a bye but coincidentally also lost their last match to the Wests Tigers.

With their Origin players back in the line-up they look a much more formidable outfit.

Currently in eighth spot on the ladder, the Broncos are in the danger zone. A win can catapult them into the top four at fourth, but a loss is likely to see them fall out of the eight ? and a heavy loss could potentially plummet them as low as 11th.

The side welcomes back Alex Glenn and Israel Folau in the centres, which pushes Matt Gillett to the bench and Gerard Beale out of the side.

Darren Lockyer returns for Corey Norman and Sam Thaiday slots into the second row at the expense of the off-contract Ashton Sims. Scott Anderson misses out also.

Watch out Titans: This is a game where the Titans need to enforce strict discipline or face the consequences. In a week where they were served with a breach notice for comments made towards sideline officials during the match against the Wests Tigers, and where hooker Nathan Friend was scrutinised for a possible head butt, they come up against the competition?s ?cleanskins? in terms of penalties.

Having been penalised just 69 times so far, the Broncos are the most disciplined side in the NRL (although Corey Parker and Peter Wallace are repeat offenders with eight apiece).

On the other hand the Titans have heard the cold shrill of the whistle go against them 92 times this season. Friend has been nabbed 12 times and Mark Minichiello, who found himself in the sin bin last weekend, has been penalised 11 times. Anthony Laffranchi is also at double figures with 10.

If they get belted in the penalty count here, the Broncos will roll over the top of them with ease.

Watch out Broncos: Scott Prince needed the run last weekend to blow a few cobwebs out and now is set for a big game on the big stage.

While quality players don?t need as much time to get into rhythm, Prince?s timing was just a fraction off against the Tigers and should be back to its best against the Broncos.

His troublesome hamstring limited his kicking game and without the ability to dominate the proceedings, he was a little lost at times. But with another week to get better and slip into the slightly different structure, he should be ready to explode. He has 11 try assists from 11 games this season and 12 line-break assists.

Where it will be won: Defence. Both sides need to show improvement defensively in the run home if they are to be true contenders, and where better to start then right here?

The Broncos have leaked 21 fewer points than the Titans so far but they have a slightly worse effective tackle percentage. Both teams are poor in this area, with the Titans fourth last in the NRL and the Broncos third last.

The home-side Titans are ineffective on 15.8 per cent of their attempted tackles and the Broncos are a tad worse at 16 per cent ineffective. Brisbane has missed 609 tackles and added 352 ineffective, while the Titans have missed 597 tackles and added 308 ineffective. That?s up around 37 and 38 missed tackles for each team each game!

While they have countered for this somewhat thus far, the more tackles you miss, the greater the chance you will be chasing points.

It?s time for both sides to muscle up and be countered ? or they won?t command much respect even if they do make the finals.

(Speaking of defence, Corey Parker needs just 20 more tackles to notch 500-plus tackles in seven of the past eight seasons.)

A final caution for the Titans ? since the beginning of last season the Broncos have scored an average 29.5 points against their neighbours.

The history: Played 8; Titans 3, Broncos 5. The Broncos have claimed four of the past five against their little brother Titans, including a 28-6 win earlier this season.

The Gold Coast does have a slight edge at the venue, winning two of three at Skilled Park.

Conclusion: The Broncos are rested and have their guns back, so they are a big chance of victory here against a Titans side that has lost two in a row and five of the past seven.

But in front of a packed home crowd and with so much on the line, the Titans will put up a hell of a fight.

This really is a close one to call, so don?t be afraid to lean either way.

Match officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Matt Cecchin; Sideline Officials ? Steve Chiddy & Michael Wise; Video Ref ? Steve Clark.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 7.30pm (Qld), delayed 9.30pm (NSW); Fox Sports ? delayed 1am

Source: http://www.NRL.com

titansrawesome
14-07-10, 08:56 PM
i know this is unrelated but tuiaki is off contract and apparently no one wants him because they fear his career is already done.

shamus
14-07-10, 10:46 PM
i know this is unrelated but tuiaki is off contract and apparently no one wants him because they fear his career is already done.

You're right....It is unrelated...

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 02:50 AM
Lol Shamus!!

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 01:17 PM
Limping Laffranchi scares Titans

BACKROWER Anthony Laffranchi has sent an injury scare through the Titans' camp ahead of tomorrow night's crunch NRL derby against the Broncos on the Gold Coast.

The former NSW and Australian Test forward is battling a calf injury and missed training last night.

He spent yesterday being treated and will be required to undergo a fitness test when the Titans hold their final session at Robina this morning ahead of the Skilled Park clash.

"He had a tight calf and after he started warming up it just got a little bit sore," said Titans physiotherapist Scott Thornton.

"We don't think he has torn it but he has got some tightness in his calf.

"As a precaution we stopped him training. He will run this morning and if he gets through that he will play. I am confident he will play."

While the prognosis looks bright for Laffranchi, a cloud of uncertainty continues to hover over both young centre Joseph Tomane (shoulder) and strike weapon Sam Tagataese (shoulder).

Tomane has not been sighted since Round 13 against the Raiders, while Tagataese has been missing in action since Round 14 against Manly.

Both players are suffering from suspected nerve damage.

They are understood to have been sidelined for an indefinite period, with no return date as yet.

Fellow outside back Jordan Atkins is also sidelined with a medial ligament strain.

In a further blow for the Titans, young forward Will Matthews appears unlikely to play again this season and may need surgery on his injured shoulder.

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 01:18 PM
Titans to show big brother who's boss

BACKROWER Mark Minichiello has declared the Gold Coast pack must 'stamp their authority' over their inexperienced Broncos rivals tomorrow night as the Titans fight to snap out of a mid-season slump.

While the Broncos have won six of their past eight to charge into premiership calculations, the Titans' finals spark has started to fade after losing five of their past seven games.

Minichiello said that Titans needed a big performance against the Broncos to get back on track.

"We really want to stamp our authority," he said.

"Especially this year, with the age of the pack getting on a bit it would be great to get a result at the end of the season.

"We have to go out there this week and take little steps forward to build our confidence and get things right for the big end of the season."

The window of opportunity is closing fast for the Coast squad to do something special before they are ripped apart by retirement and salary cap pressures.

If experience counts for anything, the Titans should have the Broncos measure.

The Coast's starting pack and four interchange forwards have a combined 1253 NRL caps, more than double that of the Broncos (655).

Titans interchange prop Brad Meyers (165) alone has more than double the amount of games to his name than the entire Broncos bench.

"We are probably not going to get too many more opportunities to win the grand final with the team we have got now," said Titans prop Luke Bailey.

"It seemed like we did have a young squad when we first started but looking at all the teams now, we are probably the oldest in the competition.

"It is something we talk about on a regular basis, that it would be nice to do it ... the time has come."

Bailey said the clash with the Broncos could define their season.

"It is one of those games that you call a do-or-die game," he said.

"There were some positive signs after last week's performance against the Tigers.

"I think the blokes found a bit of self-belief and some confidence, particularly in our line defence."

He said with the bottom eight congested, another slip and they could end up outside the top eight.

"When we play the Broncos it is a big enough challenge as it is, but this game holds a lot of meaning for us," he said.

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 01:45 PM
Over 21,000 tickets sold, should hi 23,000 tonight. Puts us in good position for getting a sell out.

Spread the word!

titansrawesome
15-07-10, 03:51 PM
Over 21,000 tickets sold, should hi 23,000 tonight. Puts us in good position for getting a sell out.

Spread the word!

hopefuly im good luck, last game i went to we beat the storm:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 04:31 PM
Local derby set to live up to hype: Cartwright

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright believes Friday night's local derby against the Broncos will live up to the hype and has urged fans to get to Skilled Park to help cheer on the club.

Cartwright said he was expecting a good crowd to turn out for the Queensland derby, with both teams desperate to stay in touch with the top-eight and keep their finals hopes alive.

There are still several thousands tickets available for the match. Tickets can be purchased through Ticketek

“The Broncos local derby is always generally a pretty tight game and hopefully a big crowd gets behind us tomorrow night,” Cartwright said.

“It doesn’t get any better than the Broncos - both sides are sitting in a precarious situation on the ladder, there’s a lot at stake and that normally brings out good football from both sides, and being a Friday night so there should be no reason why not.”

The Titans went down to the Broncos 28-6 earlier in the year but are hoping the return of experienced centre Mat Rogers, who missed the round 10 clash, will be enough to stop barnstorming Broncos superstar Israel Folau.

Folau has scored 50 points against the Titans in their last five meetings.

Rogers said he was excited about the match-up but remained wary of the entire Broncos squad.

“He’s (Folau) a big fella that’s for sure and he gets a lot of attention and rightly so,” Rogers said.

“He’s a great player but there are 12 the other players on the field, their wingers, their fullback, their halves, their back row and they’re all playing good football at the moment and they’re lead by probably the best player in the world.”

The Titans are currently fifth on the NRL ladder and a win this week could see them jump the Sydney Rooster and climb into fourth position.

http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 04:36 PM
Henjak: Titans Laying A Trap
Bronco Media

IVAN Henjak expects nothing but the Gold Coast Titan's best when the WOW Brisbane Broncos head south for the local derby tomorrow.

The Broncos come into the match as an almost full-strength team but Henjak said pretending that was going to be enough to win the game was a death trap.

The eight-placed Broncos are just two points behind the fith-placed Titans.

"The last seven games they have only won two," he said.

"But it is a local derby and every time we have played them it has been a tough game, so it won't be any different.

"They are looking at the table like us, and if you lose you could be out of the eight and if you win you could be in fourth.

"There is a lot on the line so I expect them to bring their A game."

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=27896&henjak:-titans-laying-a-trap

Mushi
15-07-10, 09:00 PM
1 more sleep!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

DIEHARD
15-07-10, 11:54 PM
1 more sleep!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

Me either. Time to get a little bit of that sleep. Big day tomorrow.

I must remember more tape for my flags and poles, I have forgotten the last two games. And my gear is being held together by one of my shoelaces at Skilled Park. Yea I went McGyver style.

Good night all! It's like Christmas Eve. Let's hope we get the present that we want! A win over the Broncos!

DIEHARD
16-07-10, 01:18 AM
Titans star Mat Rogers braces for an Israel Folau onslaught in Broncos clash

GOLD Coast Titans centre Mat Rogers has marked All Blacks giants Jonah Lomu, Ma'a Nonu and Tana Umaga.

But he rates Friday night's assignment against Broncos star Israel Folau at Skilled Park one of the toughest of his career.

The former Wallaby also tipped Folau to leave nothing in the tank in his final two months of rugby league before switching to AFL.

Rogers experienced the same desire to do the right thing in the final few months of his contract with Cronulla in 2001 before playing rugby union.

"At Cronulla we were best mates, having all grown up together," Rogers said ahead of Friday night's big derby match against Brisbane.

"It was sad to leave and, although I was excited by the prospect of a new challenge, I wanted to do everything I could for my team.

"No doubt Israel will be emptying the tank every game to show his heart is still in this game.

"I've marked Lomu, but Israel is probably more on the lines of Umaga or Nonu. He's just a freakish talent and there's not much he doesn't possess naturally. It's a big challenge."

Rogers, 87kg, said he believed the 103kg Folau could make it in AFL.

"It is a game a lot of our players could adjust to," Rogers said.

"I think it is a little different the other way round. Not too many players could come this way. Maybe Barry Hall or Jonathan Brown could mix it in the middle.

"I know Israel is getting paid a lot of money, but he is taking a big risk too, and good luck to him."

Rogers said the fifth-placed Titans had to make the most of their chances if they were to beat Brisbane (eighth).

"Our finishing last Friday against the Tigers was poor and I was probably the worst offender," he said.

"A minor premiership isn't out of the question and neither is finishing out of the eight. It's game time, so everyone is excited."

Rogers, 34, said he was tempted to play on next year, but realised there were younger players with claims.

Rogers said he was happy to keep kicking for goal with skipper Scott Prince getting his own game in order.

Prince may regret trumpeting his desire to push his recently healed hamstring because the Broncos are on alert for him to run more often.

"I saw where he said it was time to throw off the shackles and give it a real test and if it goes it goes," Broncos coach Ivan Henjak said.

"So I am expecting him to be going flat out and have a real crack at us."

The Broncos have the look of team set to peak when it matters, with their Origin stars, particularly Darren Lockyer, in form and injury free.

Source: Courier Mail

TITAN PETE
16-07-10, 08:28 AM
I can see Bodene being released tonight to do what Tag would've done & belt Folou on or off the Ball

titanstattman
16-07-10, 02:44 PM
The best thing about this week and the lead up to it Scotty has been out of the media thank ****....... now maybe he'll put on the skills we all know he has....

DIEHARD
16-07-10, 05:01 PM
At RTC getting bus to stadium. 24k sold. 2k left. Looks good.

I can't tell you how much victory tonight would mean.

titansrawesome
16-07-10, 05:49 PM
looks like it is gonna be a full house

DIEHARD
16-07-10, 09:10 PM
Rogers send off a disgrace! Go Titans. 10 left...

DIEHARD
16-07-10, 09:10 PM
Sin bin I mean

gotitans101
16-07-10, 09:19 PM
robbed......

First Broncs try was off a rubbish penalty.

Second try was right after Rogers was sent off for 10 minutes.

Broncs were gifted that game.

Supergoose
16-07-10, 09:24 PM
Whilst our attack taking on the line is utterly inept and cost us against the broncos and knights, I can't help but feel we are getting smashed by the referees. Apparently the broncos are the least penalised team and we are one of the most. I can't see how we get pinged so much. Of course we had enough ball in the right places to win 2 games of football and our scramble was non-existent but we were robbed by those incompetents in pink.

isaiah
16-07-10, 09:26 PM
robbed......

First Broncs try was off a rubbish penalty.

Second try was right after Rogers was sent off for 10 minutes.

Broncs were gifted that game.

lol, must have watched a different game, broncs way too good

bigjim
16-07-10, 09:27 PM
Seems like deja-vu.
What is it with these refs. A sin bin for what.
Again a ref has determined the outcome of a game. Instead of 2 teams going at it, the ref has stamped his lack of knowledge and
experience on a game.
I might just start following AFL. I'm sick of this male cow manure.

bigjim
16-07-10, 09:29 PM

Your not going to tell me honestly that Matt Rogers should have been sent off.:fight:

gotitans101
16-07-10, 09:40 PM

Are you fu>king serious? Broncos didn't even look like scoring before that rubbish send off. Their try in the 33rd minute was a minute after another rubbish penalty btw.

isaiah
16-07-10, 10:08 PM
Seems like deja-vu.
What is it with these refs. A sin bin for what.
Again a ref has determined the outcome of a game. Instead of 2 teams going at it, the ref has stamped his lack of knowledge and
experience on a game.
I might just start following AFL. I'm sick of this male cow manure.

determine the outcome?

won by 14

titans have to play out the 80 and take their chances when they come

isaiah
16-07-10, 10:13 PM
Are you fu>king serious? Broncos didn't even look like scoring before that rubbish send off. Their try in the 33rd minute was a minute after another rubbish penalty btw.

mate, build a bridge

most of your team is a little one-paced at this time of the season. its too early to have the usual late season fade. broncs are supposed to be the third best qld based team, lol

isaiah
16-07-10, 10:16 PM
Your not going to tell me honestly that Matt Rogers should have been sent off.:fight:

broncs on-line defence makes them look like contenders, your side might just have been pretenders?

gotitans101
16-07-10, 10:18 PM
yeah don't get me wrong...Titans attack was once again ordinary, they have no idea what to do with their 5th tackle options. Prince had an absolute shocker. But I stand by what I said that Broncos were gifted their first two tries, and after their second try the Titans were on the back foot. It's frustrating to see the morons in pink deciding these games.

titansrawesome
16-07-10, 10:25 PM
well last time i spend money on a titans game, i dont care what you say about the refs, we had many opportunities, but once again the 2010 titans just manage to piss me and a lot of supporters off.

bigjim
16-07-10, 10:27 PM
I'm so sick of these arrogant Broncasses. Mat gets a wrongful bin for 10 and they score a try within seconds, and suddenly their the mighty Broncos.
They had one more player on the field. It doesn't take a lot of skill to score against a team one man down.
I once love the Broncos, so I don't hate them now. I just hate some of their stupid, ignorant, fat mouthed followers.

karnage
16-07-10, 10:49 PM
We were hopeless. Same rubbish mistakes being made in Rd. 19 as we were making in Rds. 1 and 2.

Yeah the sinbinning was harsh but if our attack had done its job instead of putting on yet another pathetic 5th tackle option we would not have been chasing a guy away down field anyway.

Forget about blaming the referees. Every team in the comp has to deal with the same morons with the whistle. We need to worry about what can be controlled, not intangibles

Our attack is stilted, predictable, unimaginative and lacks any precision. The only time our wingers see any ball is when they head into dummy-half to do some hard yards. There needs to be some serious heat applied to our coaching team who have failed to develop any attacking potency with what should be sharp attacking players.

Our season is over. Even if we make the finals we will be doing nothing more than making up the numbers. A year of promise fizzles out hopelessly with yet another failure to improve as the season progresses. If we can't make any improvement between rds 1 and 19 there is no way we can improve sufficiently to threaten in rds 20 - 26.

I hope the management team does their job and let Cartwright know that 4 consecutive years of fadeouts is 3 too many.

All that aside, the attitude of TITANSRAWESOME to say that he won't go out and support the team anymore is the sort of attitude that has sunk over half a dozen GC teams in various national comps. Get used to it mate, with our aging pack and inneffective halves combination there is going to be a lot of pain before it gets any better. I have serious concerns about 2011.

Hopeless...

bigjim
16-07-10, 10:56 PM
We were hopeless. Same rubbish mistakes being made in Rd. 19 as we were making in Rds. 1 and 2.

Yeah the sinbinning was harsh but if our attack had done its job instead of putting on yet another pathetic 5th tackle option we would not have been chasing a guy away down field anyway.

Forget about blaming the referees. Every team in the comp has to deal with the same morons with the whistle. We need to worry about what can be controlled, not intangibles

Our attack is stilted, predictable, unimaginative and lacks any precision. The only time our wingers see any ball is when they head into dummy-half to do some hard yards. There needs to be some serious heat applied to our coaching team who have failed to develop any attacking potency with what should be sharp attacking players.

Our season is over. Even if we make the finals we will be doing nothing more than making up the numbers. A year of promise fizzles out hopelessly with yet another failure to improve as the season progresses. If we can't make any improvement between rds 1 and 19 there is no way we can improve sufficiently to threaten in rds 20 - 26.

I hope the management team does their job and let Cartwright know that 4 consecutive years of fadeouts is 3 too many.

All that aside, the attitude of TITANSRAWESOME to say that he won't go out and support the team anymore is the sort of attitude that has sunk over half a dozen GC teams in various national comps. Get used to it mate, with our aging pack and inneffective halves combination there is going to be a lot of pain before it gets any better. I have serious concerns about 2011.

Hopeless...

You might be a Titans fan but honestly to say our season is over, your full of manure.

When I see our team click, we are better than most. With all the teams being so close, the only difference is a little luck, which we are not getting at the moment.
It will come. We will return to the top four in September.

Mushi
16-07-10, 10:59 PM
Another bitter loss to endure at skilled. We looked set to go in the first half, keeping pressure on the broncos and getting over the line. Broncos got a lot of confidence off their tries and this helped them in defence and with our attack just not doing much they were able to sustain it and win the game. The momentum turner in the game was def when Matty was sent off which was a complete croc of sh*t. The broncos jumped on that opportunity and took off from there. Princey had a shocker of a game - needs to get over that hammy injury and pull his troops together and now with Bird injured as well means another reshuffle on the cards. It feels like forever since we had a win at skilled and it is disheartening to keep losing.... however, I will be back next home game to cheer on the boys and hope we can keep our season alive - its a very close season so far but the titans really need to gel together and get some decent wins under their belt to do it.
Just remember though - as a titans fan you take the good with the bad and even though its hard to lose, suck it up and be there to cheer on the boys in a few weeks time -thats what they need not people leaving them cause they are in a slump!

karnage
16-07-10, 11:02 PM
We'll see.

We made more metres, made less tackles and had better field position and we lost after leading ten nil. We led ten nil against the Roosters and got lapped, led 6-0 against the Tigers and didn't score again until into the last ten minutes and we led ten nil tonight and didn't score again.

You wreckon I am full of sh*t, well mate you just have to believe your eyes, and my eyes we are a long way off the pace and that is why we have won twice in the last 9 or 10 weeks.

titansrawesome
16-07-10, 11:05 PM

Hopeless...

mate it seems your the only one who gets it, good teams win even with bad calls, our attack stinks, our defense stinks, wingers never get space unless gordan pounces on a loose ball, what do we do when we are down by 8 with 10 left? do we roll the dice and put on a show and seriously ask questions to the opposing defense? no we just hit the ball up with our forwards,bird, preston and gordan are the only ones trying to do something. im just sick of getting my hope shot down, i would be happy if the titans lost every game this year if they were the least bit entertaining. anyways I've had my say i'm sure a lot of people will spray me for it

jimbeam06
16-07-10, 11:28 PM
We need a new coach and a new ****ing game plan if we wish to win ****ing come on

Supergoose
16-07-10, 11:32 PM
Our attack is just flat and one-dimensional and it's annoying that we have no backline plays other than working off bird offloads. We stuffed up a move on the rightside when friend held the ball up instead of hitting Harrison who would've turned it back in for zillman. We just need somemore plays to run at the opposition when we're attacking their line. We dominated for more than half the match but let the broncos score at every opportunity they got.
Looking ahead it looks like we're going to need go turn things around without bird. It'll be interesting to see which way carty goes but I'll bet he goes with steve michaels at left centre with Rogers at five-eighth. Maybe esi comes in on the right and will give us some more impact. Bo has been admirable but isn't giving us enough drive in attack. The other option is to throw caution to the win and pick Shannon walker either at fullback or on the wing and see if he ca spark us and play presto at five-eighth. Anyway, sucks not to get the two points over the last 3 games when I reckon we deserved them in all 3.

teke
16-07-10, 11:35 PM
Bird at 5/8 is why the attack is stunted, he is decent there in attack but that position needs a little more zing. Prince played ok tonight as he was trying to create and get things going but it just didnt happen. At the moment the right side of the field is just ok, it needs some spark and it needs it asap.

The start of the year we were talking about Mead, Gordon, Tomane and Tonga :laugh: Now we are just hoping for half of them.

The Sin bin is where the game changed and it changed straight away :mad:

teke
16-07-10, 11:40 PM
Our attack is just flat and one-dimensional and it's annoying that we have no backline plays other than working off bird offloads. We stuffed up a move on the rightside when friend held the ball up instead of hitting Harrison who would've turned it back in for zillman. We just need somemore plays to run at the opposition when we're attacking their line. We dominated for more than half the match but let the broncos score at every opportunity they got.
Looking ahead it looks like we're going to need go turn things around without bird. It'll be interesting to see which way carty goes but I'll bet he goes with steve michaels at left centre with Rogers at five-eighth. Maybe esi comes in on the right and will give us some more impact. Bo has been admirable but isn't giving us enough drive in attack. The other option is to throw caution to the win and pick Shannon walker either at fullback or on the wing and see if he ca spark us and play presto at five-eighth. Anyway, sucks not to get the two points over the last 3 games when I reckon we deserved them in all 3.I agree with a few of these points.

Taking nothing away from Bodene but he doesnt do much in attack.
Rogers would be more beneficial to the team if he was @ 5/8
Presto was superb at fullback and should stay there.
I think Zillman into right centre with Michaels partnering him on the wing.
Esi back at left centre with Gordon.

I think its time for carty to do some changes

squirrell
17-07-10, 08:08 AM
very disappointed with the result last night.
i couldnt understand why bird was the one with the 5th tackle kick 4 times in a row attacking their line in 4 sets and all the kicks were nullified because they went straight to the defender and not behind him.saying that he does try his heart out and played well but presto or prince should have the ball in their hands inside their 20 on our last tackle.
prince was non existant and why did rogers kick?was that to protect princeys hammy?if thats the reason then maybe thats why he never got the ball in hand and put up many bombs.it worked for rogers try.
laffranchi doesnt play like a kangaroo player this year,just seems to go through the motions,he needs harrisons attitude.
after reading that bull was sounding out bennett to rtn to the dragons..after last night he can go..we need some enthusiasm he gets the stats but no much impact.we just seem to lose our way if we maintain pressure and dont get the points.aside from princeys short ball to laffranchi(which they try every single game)we dont look dangerous inside oppos 20.
ill be there next game,next season and on from there...but please dont let me read in the bulletin how carty has found some positives from this result and how we can use this loss to now focus on getting back on track...arghhhhh same quotes are killing me..just say certain players werent good enough on the night,were making changes for the next game to try and put some pride back in to the team and make the ones who arent performing realise theres eager youngsters waiting in the wings(james look god from the bench).
they need the passion were displaying on this forum on the park for us!!

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 08:34 AM
i couldnt understand why bird was the one with the 5th tackle kick 4 times in a row attacking their line in 4 sets and all the kicks were nullified because they went straight to the defender and not behind him.saying that he does try his heart out and played well but presto or prince should have the ball in their hands inside their 20 on our last tackle.
prince was non existant and why did rogers kick?was that to protect princeys hammy?if thats the reason then maybe thats why he never got the ball in hand and put up many bombs.it worked for rogers try.
laffranchi doesnt play like a kangaroo player this year,just seems to go through the motions,he needs harrisons attitude.
after reading that bull was sounding out bennett to rtn to the dragons..after last night he can go..we need some enthusiasm he gets the stats but no much impact.we just seem to lose our way if we maintain pressure and dont get the points.aside from princeys short ball to laffranchi(which they try every single game)we dont look dangerous inside oppos 20.
ill be there next game,next season and on from there...but please dont let me read in the bulletin how carty has found some positives from this result and how we can use this loss to now focus on getting back on track...arghhhhh same quotes are killing me..just say certain players werent good enough on the night,were making changes for the next game to try and put some pride back in to the team and make the ones who arent performing realise theres eager youngsters waiting in the wings(james look god from the bench).

dont worry he wont change the team, he'll say we played with spirit and we are on the right track, and he wont change the gameplan

karnage
17-07-10, 09:11 AM
Good post Squirrell.

I feel your pain...

Ryan
17-07-10, 11:12 AM

It seems pretty obvious to me that Prince is too sh!t scared to kick a ball due to the condition of his hamstring - there is no way he is fit. Thats why Bird has been kicking alot more the last few games and Rogers is still goal kicking. When Prince did kick, 50% of them were just crap - how often do you see Prince kick so bad so many times in one game? Never.
If anyone can remember how our attack looked in the first 20mins of the dogs games before Prince done his hammy - it was pretty good, and we had been quite regulary putting on around 28points per match before then. If Prince was playing with that sort of confidence last night we could have easily put on another 18 points and won the game.

I don't know how you can justify picking on Laffranchi & Bailey, they've consistantly been our best forwards all year. Bailey has never been an 'impact' type of forward, he makes good meters & tackles every game and does alot of the dirty work aswell; kick chases, pressure on kickers, ect.
Most of Laffranchi's attacking plays come off Prince, so when Prince is hot thats when you'll see Laffranchi get the good ball close to the line. Last night he got through a good workload without any penalties or errors and only 1 missed tackle. I'd say his attitude is pretty good.

Credit where credit is due. No-one here has given any credit to any of the donkeys yet. There young backline was good all night Hoffman being a clear standout, his kick returns were Billy Slater like and got them up the field plenty of times. Lockyer & Wallace kicks got them down our end every other time.

Our team as whole needs to defend better, 47 missed takles across the board is not good enough. When Prince is confident and in form, our attack will improve.
If you want Cartwright to name & shame underperforming players from last night and drop them next game - well Scott Prince would be the first one out. But that's obviously not the answer to wining future games......

squirrell
17-07-10, 12:44 PM
yeah fair enough comments..these are just my personal feelings from sitting in the stand.
my point i think is that workmanlike performances arnt cutting it for us at the moment and us losing the last 3 games shows that.ur also right with ur comments about being dropped,and i know itll never happen and so do the players i suspect.but with princey not firing at the moment the others need to step up for him and the team and not ""just do their job"".

DIEHARD
17-07-10, 12:54 PM
I was super confident in the first half, we were all over them and had so much possession. But we didn't turn it into points. Credit to the Broncos... Prince is definitely no where near 100% and Bird is a sound option but now he looks to be out long term.... I think in the immediate future we can't depend on Prince, we need to save him. Preston needs to come to the fore.

I thought the Broncos might be sunk when they lost Thaiday but they kept coming. We had a shocking night with the referees. And I cant believe a Local Derby was spoilt with such a foolish refereeing decision.

The crowd was fantastic, it warmed the heart to see 26,000+ there.

We definitely need to lift gears or we are dead in the water playing like this.

It may be a blessing or a blow to be facing the Dragons next week. This truly is our crucible of 2010.

DIEHARD
17-07-10, 12:57 PM
Absolutely let down and heartbroken to lose to the Broncos. :fight: :argue: :mad:

patskE
17-07-10, 01:31 PM
we need to give gordon the ball move, even if its just let him roam around the field so get those inside passes

wats the go with tomane? stick him on the wing if his fit

walker/zillman
tomane
rogers
tonga
gordon
presto
prince

and why aint we booting the ball off the scrum to let gordon chase? we got the fastest man in league but we just aint using him. like someone said b4, only time we get to see his speed is when he picks up a loose ball...
even when jefferys was playing, prince use to always do a sallow kick to his side and use to score off it 4 times out of 5.
just need to get his speed into the game

dean
17-07-10, 04:07 PM
Go down to the local footy park and you will see most under 15 sides put on better plays than the garbage that the Titans have serving up in recent months. Absolutely no idea in attack and not a clue what to do when it comes to last tackle options. To top that off iv'e seen under 10s with a better kicking game. The current crop of Titans are ill disciplined, have pathetic ball control and quite simply they are nowhere near the calibre of a any other top 8 contender.
As much as i love the Titans it is hard to cop only 2 wins from the last 8 games. They are a clueless football team with NO signs of improvement and with the next two games away against the Dragons and Warriors i expect it to be 2 wins out of 10. That will put us well out of the eight and quite simply they will struggle get back from there. Even for and against is slip sliding away.
I would love nothing more than my beloved Titans to get back on track but i have been trying hard to find any positives. I have been in denial for too long, now its time to be a realist. Carty won't make changes, our game plan is too predictable and has not changed from the previous 3 seasons. Skilled park is no longer a graveyard for visiting teams and if the oldest and most experienced team in the NRL can be out played and out enthused by a bunch of inexperienced kids then maybe its time for a change.
Along with NSW they are killing me in tipping comps. Ive stayed loyal but no more.
Aslo interesting to see that most of the loyal Titans supporters on this forum tipped the Broncos last night except muggins me. Looks like you guys have finally lost the faith and are tipping with your brains. Well done!!

titansrawesome
17-07-10, 04:37 PM
we must be kidding if we think we are gonna be the dragons at win next week, this loss deflated me like no other loss before, we also have arguably the fastest backline in the comp but we only give it to the forwards.

Mushi
18-07-10, 07:41 AM
we must be kidding if we think we are gonna be the dragons at win next week.

Never say never!!! Any team is beatable in this comp and if the titans can handle the reshuffle of players and get that ball moving around and steel up in defence the game is winnable. The dragons are playing very consistently this year but they have also had some shockers to date too. It will be a very tough game down there at kogarah but its not over until its over!

bigjim
18-07-10, 11:15 AM
Sure, I get peaved when the team looses, and I know there are areas that need a lot of improvement. But there out there busting the guts and putting their bodies on the line for the fans.
I thought this was a fan forum. I'm sick and tired of arm-chair experts suggesting they know the answers to all the teams problems or just bagging them down the river because the let them down.
The reason we lost was simply the Broncos were more determined in defence and that in turn turned our fifth pass options to jelly, and of course we can't forget the wrongful sin-binning.
My biggest concern, by far, at the moment is that this forum will end up like the Bronco forum. Full of baggers and idiots calling for sacking of players, coaches and ceo's.
If that increases to any greater level I won't be deserting the team, I'll be deserting the forum.:wave:

Titan2007
18-07-10, 02:57 PM
Sure, I get peaved when the team looses, and I know there are areas that need a lot of improvement. But there out there busting the guts and putting their bodies on the line for the fans.
I thought this was a fan forum. I'm sick and tired of arm-chair experts suggesting they know the answers to all the teams problems or just bagging them down the river because the let them down.
The reason we lost was simply the Broncos were more determined in defence and that in turn turned our fifth pass options to jelly, and of course we can't forget the wrongful sin-binning.
My biggest concern, by far, at the moment is that this forum will end up like the Bronco forum. Full of baggers and idiots calling for sacking of players, coaches and ceo's.
If that increases to any greater level I won't be deserting the team, I'll be deserting the forum.:wave:

:thumbsup: Well said. I also thought this forum was for fans of the Titans. I also thought how good it was to come on here and always see positive posts and not too many who bag players, coaches etc. Sure, the players are not having a good trot, but we need to stand by/up for them regardless. Imagine how they feel after battling for 80 minutes and coming up empty. Fans have passion for their team and the team have the passion for their fans. They know how dissappointed you all are. They beat themselves up after each loss. They need your full support ALL season, not just when they are winning. :(

patskE
18-07-10, 06:46 PM
dragons look shakey
tbh i rkn we will give them a run for there money
souths were the better team.

i wanna see tonga back :(

eelectrica
18-07-10, 07:23 PM
For the past three weeks its been a case of if the passes had've stuck...

Against the Dragons the passes have to stick if we're to be any chance of winning. Need Princey to go all out in this one and not hold anything back.

The Dragons are beatable...

Titanic
18-07-10, 11:09 PM
If we are all so frustrated then imagine the players state. Their defence isn't too shabby and the forwards are making the meters but our attack is disjointed... (1) injuries? (2) lack of cohesion? (3) lack of confidence? (4) all of the above? (5) none of the above?

If nothing else Greg Bird's hammy will answer the question most talked about in pubs "should he play 5/8 or lock?"

Titans 28 Dragoons 22

TITAN PETE
19-07-10, 08:45 AM
Left the game Friday night angry & thinking our year is over but when u let your emotions ease & have a rethink it wasn't the end of the world & it's not week 1 of the semi's....:nope: , next Friday we get another shot at making up some ground on the field & with a little self belief i think we will turn our season around & beat the Dragons :fight:

Always Loyal :D

Coaster
19-07-10, 12:08 PM
The more pressure we as fans put on them, the bigger the hole will become.
They need to start enjoying themselves, and play footy like they have done there whole lives and the victories will come back.

teke
19-07-10, 02:33 PM
If nothing else Greg Bird's hammy will answer the question most talked about in pubs "should he play 5/8 or lock?"

Titans 28 Dragoons 22He should play Lock, no doubt about it in my opinion.

TITAN PETE
19-07-10, 03:12 PM
He should play Lock, no doubt about it in my opinion.

It's the same opinion as most of the players too ;)

Chaos
19-07-10, 04:16 PM
The Nrl comp is the same every year...the teams that come home at the back of the year contain the best play makers.
Look at this years best 5/8's
Lockyer
Soward
Benji
Carney

They are all in the top 8 and their teams will start firing.
Tigers will fire once Benji moves to 5/8

We have the two best locks in Australia but no 5/8...Birds defense will be missed and Prince's game has gone backwards since leaving Tigers.

DIEHARD
19-07-10, 07:52 PM
is that this forum will end up like the Bronco forum. Full of baggers and idiots calling for sacking of players, coaches and ceo's.

I would hate that to happen! One of the best things we can do is be supportive and positive and passionate fans. Have a great online forum that represents the club well and also strive to build positive club supporter culture.

I think the overwhelming majority are on that side of the fence.

But having a say about team and player performance is also part of the forum discussion and I think we should always be allowed to have a say. Just as long as it isn't overly negative and moronic.

I'm really disappointed to lose to the Broncos and so many recently....

I do realise that yea... good teams shouldnt have to worry about bad calls etc. But seriously the NRL and the game of Rugby League is so competitive and so equal that these kinds of things shift results on a weekly basis out there on the park. And lord have we had a bad run of luck.

Also we just haven't been able to capitalise the field position and get more repeat sets or score or put the points in the bank and leave tries for the begging...

Losing Greg Bird short or long term is a big loss, he has been great for us in the last several weeks. Took alot of pressure off Scott Prince. Who must only be operating on 60% and the Broncos ran and ran at him all night. His kicks were ordinary as well....

Hopefully Scott Prince continues to return to fitness and we can slot Zillman back to #1 where he has gone well and Preston to 5/8th and I say give Shannon Walker a chance in #5. :thumbsup:

But we are still in the Top 8, so far. Still in the hunt. I know it is very furstrating to lose, especially when we have all the opportunities, players and a fantastic home ground. But we are still lightyears away from where other struggling clubs are. And we never wanna turn in on ourselves (the fans) or the clubs and players.

As Coaster said, it would sure be nice to have 13 on the field for the entire game! And that also includes our rash of onfield injuries!

GO GOLD COAST TITANS!

DIEHARD
19-07-10, 07:54 PM
We have the two best locks in Australia but no 5/8...Birds defense will be missed and Prince's game has gone backwards since leaving Tigers.

True. We have Ash and Bird. Makeshift 5/8ths but fantastic backrowers. Also Rogers who is a solid 5/8th but a better centre.

Love to have someone like Cronk in there but hopefully we select Preston Campbell at 5/8th. He has been an absolute revelation for us. :thumbsup:

Chaos
19-07-10, 08:58 PM
True. We have Ash and Bird. Makeshift 5/8ths but fantastic backrowers. Also Rogers who is a solid 5/8th but a better centre.

Love to have someone like Cronk in there but hopefully we select Preston Campbell at 5/8th. He has been an absolute revelation for us. :thumbsup:

From all our regular players...preston would be our only choice at 5/8.
I'm not a fan of Rogers at 5/8.

I don't believe Cronk would help...the Storm were struggling at the start of last year and everyone wrote them off...it wasn't until they bought Finch(a decent 5/8) that they started winning games.

Prince has the brains but lacks confidence...some good running centres would get his confidence back.
Prince opened up the defensive line against the Broncos a couple of times but lack any runners.

teke
20-07-10, 12:56 AM
It's the same opinion as most of the players too ;)I know. Also in my opinion the players usually know whats best for their team.

Coaster
20-07-10, 12:09 PM
I nearly got into a fight at the train station.

We had been waiting about 30 min at the top of train stairs going home(great idea Queensland Rail to take half full trains southbound :doh: ) and this moron Broncos supporter and his dumb looking mate decide to walk around the side of the pack and push there way right to the front.

Some Titans guy grabbed his mate, and pulled him back, people started getting restless, i moved Brooke out of the way in case something started. They were yelling at each other, i was standing right next to the Broncos twat, and asked why he should push women and children out of the way so he could get to the front. My main point was "where is your bloody manners?, when did Aussie males start treating women and children like they were trash"

A woman from behind, started asking the same thing, he ignored me and started talking to her, dropping the F bomb every second word, so i jabbed him in the gut, and warned him, if he swore at her again i was going to flog him.

He continued to try and justify why he was such an ignorant pr*ck, and dropped the F bomb again, this time i elbowed him to the sternum, and warned him for the last time that if he swore at her again the next thing he would feel is the tiled floor.

His mate backed away, and this fool started threatening me with calling the police if i touched him again.

The gates opened, and i stood there and made sure he let every woman and child through before stepping on those stairs. This bloke was about 25, and i wasnt picking on him cause he was a bronco supporter, i just really hate weak ignorant men who give the rest of us a bad name.

DIEHARD
20-07-10, 01:55 PM
Not just men a bad name but Rugby League fans too.

Got to respect women an got to respect the line.

I'm really glad I gave the public transport a miss on this occasion. Usually it is very incident free. Well usually we win and the other times we are at least sports about losing. But the Broncos is a different story.

Anyway Coaster, it was fantastic to have you back. Sorry about the result.

Coaster
20-07-10, 02:20 PM
What can you do, thats footy!

Its on again this week

DIEHARD
20-07-10, 02:29 PM
Know if you will be back for any more games soon?

Coaster
20-07-10, 02:44 PM
Not 100% sure, but have told them here that i am leaving on the 31st August, will be leaving one of my boys to mop up, and flying back down here only if needed.

Might give me last game against Tigers, and the home semi :thumbsup:

isaiah
22-07-10, 03:57 AM
I'm so sick of these arrogant Broncasses. Mat gets a wrongful bin for 10 and they score a try within seconds, and suddenly their the mighty Broncos.
They had one more player on the field. It doesn't take a lot of skill to score against a team one man down.
I once love the Broncos, so I don't hate them now. I just hate some of their stupid, ignorant, fat mouthed followers.

who are you calling ignorant?

Mushi
22-07-10, 05:25 PM
who are you calling ignorant?

Well...... if the name fits???:D