PDA

View Full Version : Titans: This time next year...

DeeGan
14-12-05, 10:00 AM
Titans: This time next year...

This time next year debutant coach John Cartwright will have the first ever Gold Coast Titans rugby league team running through their paces in our first off-season preparing for the 2007 season. Our first grade squad will be finalised, our jersey made known and plenty of Titans merchandise will be on sale leading up to our first ever trials starting in February 2006 - have you ever wanted a year to pass you by so fast?

As 2005 comes to an end, I look back to May 27, 2005 and smile as my "rugby league world changed forever" with David Gallop giving us the coveted 16th NRL license that we had fought so galliantly for. That day my team was brought back to life and my NRL experience was guranteed to be improved for the 2007 season as I know I will be in my members seats at Carrara Stadium cheering on my team each and every home game.

This time next season as we head towards Christmas, my Christmas wishlist becomes a easier task for the first time since 1998. Just as a avid weekend golfer will receive any gift from relatives linked to their sport of choice (I am not sure how many golfing calendars, pairs of boxer shorts my brother has now, but he could open a Golfmart on his own), I will receive all things Titans from those looking for a gift for I. Life as I knew it from 1988 to 1998 is restored at Christmas time, life is good.

(I am rambling here - let's get to the point DeeGan)

I want members to give us a glimpse into how you will be feeling this time next season as the Titans delve deep into their 2007 preparations. I know most will be giddy with excitement, some will be unbearable though all will be whipped into a frenzy as we edge closer to our debut!

Look forward to some posts here! Keep them short and sweet ;)

DeeGan

Queenslander
14-12-05, 11:29 AM
Time is going so fast. The titans will be on the field before we know it!

Titans#1
14-12-05, 11:33 AM
This time next year, my back windscreen on my car will be covered in Titans bumper stickers, my girls will be wearing their jersey's all day every day, I will have the flag's hanging on my front door and I'll be sitting in my car waiting to go to the game....

Dakink
14-12-05, 11:36 AM
This time next year Ill be seeing if we can get a glimpes at a training session of the new team. Hopefully Ill be able to afford a Titans jersey - or better still a membership.

Ill be decorating the shop front in Dragons\Titans colours for the start of the new season.

Ill be one very confused little puppy when the Dragons play the Titans!

Titans#1
14-12-05, 11:40 AM
This time next year Ill be seeing if we can get a glimpes at a training session of the new team. Hopefully Ill be able to afford a Titans jersey - or better still a membership.

Ill be decorating the shop front in Dragons\Titans colours for the start of the new season.

Don't worry Dakink, you have 2 shop windows, one for each!

Dakink
14-12-05, 11:42 AM
Don't worry Dakink, you have 2 shop windows, one for each!

LOL that is true!!!

But who gets the bigger one!!! :dizzy:

Steelers
14-12-05, 12:45 PM
I will be very excited about the fact that I will finally have a 'local' team to support (as well as my Dragons, of course :D )

Dakink
14-12-05, 12:58 PM
I will be very excited about the fact that I will finally have a 'local' team to support (as well as my Dragons, of course :D )

HEHE maybe we can both wear half a jersey each and sit next to each other so we can both be as confused as each other.

Queenslander
14-12-05, 01:00 PM
HEHE maybe we can both wear half a jersey each and sit next to each other so we can both be as confused as each other.

You dragons fans are just plain confused :p just kidding :laugh: :laugh:

Steelers
14-12-05, 01:01 PM
:laugh: Sounds good :p I have a feeling though that the Dragons will be my preference when they play the Titans ;)

Moejoe
14-12-05, 01:15 PM
This time next year I will be as anxious as a kid on christmas eve. My Titans jersy will be worn in and a new one probably needed. I will also find a camping spot for when the members tickets go on sale.
As for this time in 2 years, I will probably still be celebrating a successfull Titans season, Regardless of result.

Lets just skip 2006 and bring on 2007.

Regards,
Moejoe.

Dragons
14-12-05, 04:09 PM

You will be one very confused little dragon Dakin. Always the Dragons then the Titan grasshopper :chinese:

Titanium_BD1103
14-12-05, 05:56 PM
You will be one very confused little dragon Dakin. Always the Dragons then the Titan grasshopper :chinese:

The same for me... I will be extremely excited and keeping up to date with the news of off season on the website and of course here.. I will have bought a jersey and will be asking for Titans stuff for Christmas... and I will be looking forward to 2007... :D :D

As for the Bulldogs vs Titans Matches.. sorry peoples.. but I am a Bulldog first and always will be.. so these games will be the only ones I won't be going for the GC.. but I'd still like to see them competitive.. that is my wish when my 2 fav sides play each other.. :)

I guess by this time next year I will truely be a Bulldog Titan Supporter... :mine:

Kingytek
15-12-05, 10:22 AM
This time next year we should know the 17. What will be interesting will be the juniors that might develop over this year to possibly be in contention for a top 25 squad for 2007.
I plan to have at Jersey and hat for April onwards, but for preseason and march I will have the shirt and hat. I just hate being hot and stuff at the footy

Kingytek
15-12-05, 10:31 AM
The same for me... I will be extremely excited and keeping up to date with the news of off season on the website and of course here.. I will have bought a jersey and will be asking for Titans stuff for Christmas... and I will be looking forward to 2007... :D :D

As for the Bulldogs vs Titans Matches.. sorry peoples.. but I am a Bulldog first and always will be.. so these games will be the only ones I won't be going for the GC.. but I'd still like to see them competitive.. that is my wish when my 2 fav sides play each other.. :)

I guess by this time next year I will truely be a Bulldog Titan Supporter... :mine:

Mate, Im a bulldog supporter aswell, always have been even in the day of the chargers but I just have this feeling about the Titans, they will be a definate force in the NRL. I will be torn between the sides when they play, but what makes me feel like a true Titan supporter in this matchup is that I will lean towards Titans for the good of the Titans and the good of the game!

Eel 33
16-12-05, 12:12 PM
I too will be torn between my beloved Eels and the Titans. There won't be any punches pulled when the teams face each other, always will be Parra first. I'll just have to keep the jerseys separate seeing as the colours will be so close. (There's quite a few Parra supporters who were quite p***ed at that fact. I don't care really.)