Luke O?Dwyer,
William Zillman

titansrawesome
13-06-10, 09:57 AM
easy 2 points i would think, then again the nrl is unpredictable

karnage
13-06-10, 02:17 PM

Let's hope the players and the teams heirarchy are not taking this line of thought...

The thing with the Bulldogs is that they are slow all the way across the park and if we can show the speed of our line in defence that we did last Friday we will contain them easily. Then we get quick play the balls and swing it wide and we blow them away.

That's the plan atleast.

titansrawesome
13-06-10, 02:54 PM
in my opinion we only need to shut down hannant and morris to destroy them

Mushi
13-06-10, 04:48 PM
Unpredictable alright - you should see my downhill slide in tipping of recent weeks!!!:mad:

gotitans101
13-06-10, 08:35 PM
Our record isn't great at Suncorp either is it?

The way the Dogs are playing we should be able to put some points on them but it's Suncorp, and it always gives me a bad feeling when we play there.

daveyk
14-06-10, 11:18 AM
every game is important to win and this one could potentially be danger game for us... you just never know what team will show up... lets hope that the SEQ support will go in our favour.

sadly i wont be making the trip up to suncorp :fist:

Jaye001
15-06-10, 10:38 AM
Injury concerns ... Luke Bailey. Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE Gold Coast Titans' former Test prop Luke Bailey faces several weeks on the sidelines if MRI scans today reveal he tore ankle ligaments in last Friday night's 28-14 win over Manly.
Bailey's injury was thought to be minor but the ankle was badly swollen yesterday and he is in doubt for Friday night's match against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

The 30-year-old was injured in the 21st minute of the Manly game, but returned to the field in the second half and scored the match-clinching try seven minutes from time.

"We thought it was just a twisted ankle and that may be the case," Titans football manager Scott Clark said yesterday.

"But it didn't look real good today so he is going for MRI scans."

The Titans also have fullback Preston Campbell (heel) and young prop Ryan James (ankle) in doubt, but young centre Joseph Tomane is set to return from a shoulder injury.

Centre/winger Jordan Atkins (medial ligament tear) was injured playing for affiliate Burleigh on Sunday and young prop Will Matthews might require shoulder surgery.

"The shoulder has popped out three times in five weeks, so really it's a matter of when he has the op," Clark said.

"He might wait until the end of the season."

The Bulldogs-Titans match is the second in the Suncorp Stadium double-header, with the Bulldogs electing to take their home match north. Brisbane play Penrith in the early clash.

The Bulldogs have signed prop, Ryan Tandy, 29, from Melbourne Storm for the rest of the season.

"I was off contract at the end of the year and there was a bit of uncertainty about what the future might hold," Tandy said in one of the understatements of the year given the Storm's salary cap dramas.

He could play against the Titans on Friday.

patskE
15-06-10, 04:50 PM
"but young centre Joseph Tomane is set to return from a shoulder injury."
dnt know how he could even get his centre spot back from taga who was named in the telegraphs team of the week...
i hope, as iam sure 99% of this community wants taga to stay there lol

daveyk
15-06-10, 05:04 PM
taga was fantastic against manly i hope that he does infact hold his spot in the centres

daveyk
15-06-10, 05:08 PM
Canterbury Bulldogs v Gold Coast Titans

Canterbury Bulldogs:
Luke Patten,
Steve Turner,
Josh Morris,
Jamal Idris,
Bryson Goodwin,
Blake Green,
Brett Kimmorley,
Ben Hannant,
Michael Ennis,
Michael Hodgson,
Gary Warburton,
Andrew Ryan,
David Stagg.
Interchange:
Chris Armit,
Ryan Tandy,
Yileen Gordon,
Brad Morrin.

Gold Coast Titans:
Preston Campbell,
Kevin Gordon,
Mat Rogers,
Sam Tagataese,
David Mead,
Greg Bird,
Scott Prince ?,
Luke Bailey,
Nathan Friend,
Michael Henderson,
Anthony Laffranchi,
Mark Minichiello,
Ashley Harrison.
Interchange from:
Matthew White,
Brad Meyers,
Ryan James,
Bodene Thompson,
Luke O’Dwyer,
William Zillman

www.nrl.com

daveyk
15-06-10, 05:11 PM
unless bailey isnt fit fridays game, i dont like zilly's chance of playing this week.. that extended bench is looking pretty good...

i would have james, chalky, thompson and meyers

patskE
15-06-10, 06:51 PM
even if bull wasnt fit, still got a amazing bench
hows cannings fairing
and loving carty for keeping taga!

TITAN PETE
15-06-10, 07:22 PM
Ryan Tandy named on the bench for the Dogs...Storm must have released him

DIEHARD
15-06-10, 07:24 PM
Bulldogs name side to play Titans
Canterbury Bulldogs

New recruit Ryan Tandy will make his Bulldogs debut this Friday night after he was named in head coach Kevin Moore’s side to play the Gold Coast Titans at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium.

A regular for the Melbourne Storm over the past season and a half, Tandy has been selected on the interchange bench and will provide handy back up to Queensland Origin prop Ben Hannant and fellow starting front rower Michael Hodgson.

“Ryan’s a great pick up for the club at this stage of the season,” Moore said.

“He’s very experienced, he played in the premiership side for Melbourne last year and he has been a mainstay of their pack for the last 18 months. So we’re really happy to have him on board and we think he’s going to add some tremendous go forward for us.”

The Suncorp Stadium clash, which kicks off at 8:45pm (AEST), is a home fixture for the Bulldogs and the second time the club has featured in a double header at the venue. The match will follow on from the clash between the Broncos and Penrith, which gets underway at 7pm (AEST).

“Suncorp is a place that we like playing at, and the double header provides a great atmosphere,” Moore said.

“We’re slowly getting troops back on deck and players back to full match fitness. We’re going in with a strong 17 on Friday night so I’m expecting a big performance.”

Canterbury Bulldogs: 1 Luke Patten, 2 Steve Turner, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Jamal Idris, 5 Bryson Goodwin, 6 Blake Green, 7 Brett Kimmorley; 8 Ben Hannant, 9 Michael Ennis, 10 Michael Hodgson, 11 Gary Warburton, 12 Andrew Ryan (c), 13 David Stagg. Interchange: 14 Chris Armit, 15 Ryan Tandy, 16 Yileen Gordon, 19 Brad Morrin.

Canterbury Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans
Friday night, June 18 @ Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Kick-off: 8:45pm (AEST).

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au

DIEHARD
15-06-10, 07:31 PM
Bulldogs V Titans – Friday 18th June 2010

Titans members are invited to purchase tickets to the fixture against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium this Friday night. An away supporters bay has been established for Titans fans and tickets can be purchased into this area by clicking here. We hope to see many of you up there and supporting the boys for this crucial match.

CLICK HERE TO BUY DOUBLE HEADER TICKETS FROM TICKETEK.COM.AU (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=DOUBLE10&searchId=1c652628-fd51-4d8f-b901-eeb05d3f8adf)

Source: Titans

DIEHARD
15-06-10, 08:00 PM
Got a group going. Me, Bulldog Bobby (Part time Titans fan), Steve, Goat, Pat and Greg.

I can't wait.

We should arrange to meet up before and/or after the game.

karnage
15-06-10, 08:01 PM
Any idea how ticket sales are tracking for Friday night's games Diehard?? I love being at Suncorp in big crowds so will be hoping for at least 45,000.

I am developing a bit of a bad feeling about this one. The Dogs could be ready to show something and teams so often wait until they play us to put it all together.:mad:

Their season is almost on the line in this so we will need to match their intensity. If we can match them up front I reckon we have the strike power out wide and in the halves to put them away but we have to be up for it or I record at Suncorp will get even worse.

DIEHARD
15-06-10, 08:31 PM
Any idea how ticket sales are tracking for Friday night's games Diehard?? I love being at Suncorp in big crowds so will be hoping for at least 45,000.

35k-38k so far. Should be a great crowd. High 40s or early 50s. Get your tickets ASAP Titans fans. We need you there!

I am developing a bit of a bad feeling about this one. The Dogs could be ready to show something and teams so often wait until they play us to put it all together.:mad:

Their season is almost on the line in this so we will need to match their intensity. If we can match them up front I reckon we have the strike power out wide and in the halves to put them away but we have to be up for it or I record at Suncorp will get even worse.

Me too mate. This will be the date pencilled in for the Dogs to turn their season around. Especially now even the Cowboys are movin' on up. And remain the only team on three wins.

Mushi
15-06-10, 08:35 PM
I am developing a bit of a bad feeling about this one. The Dogs could be ready to show something and teams so often wait until they play us to put it all together.:mad: .

Yes why is that!!??? We do seem to get teams having a turn around or a one off brilliant game ie cowboys and we see to get slaughtered. I think it is gonna be a good match though and that our boys are gonna fire up in front of a huge crowd at suncorp - wish I could be there :cry:

titansrawesome
15-06-10, 08:55 PM
eep smae team but drop maybe white/meyers and yes how is cannings form?

Tamwelg
16-06-10, 12:36 AM
eep smae team but drop maybe white/meyers and yes how is cannings form?

Average at best.

DIEHARD
16-06-10, 01:05 AM
Dogs to put squeeze on Noddy

THE playing career of veteran Brett Kimmorley is on its last legs after the Bulldogs yesterday confirmed the signing of boom Manly halfback Trent Hodkinson on a three-year deal worth about $800,000.

Kimmorley, 33, was tight-lipped about his future last night in the wake of the signing.

"It's very good that [Hodkinson] has signed. I've got nothing really to say," he said.

Coach Kevin Moore said he was confident Kimmorley would still be at Belmore in 2011, but could not say if it would be as a player or coach.

"There's a huge amount of mutual respect there so I'm sure we'll get an outcome that's great for both parties," Moore said.

Hodkinson, 21, has been in great form for Manly. His signing is another boost for the Bulldogs who have also secured Storm prop Aiden Tolman.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

karnage
16-06-10, 10:02 AM
Yes why is that!!??? We do seem to get teams having a turn around or a one off brilliant game ie cowboys and we see to get slaughtered. I think it is gonna be a good match though and that our boys are gonna fire up in front of a huge crowd at suncorp - wish I could be there :cry:

There is a simple reason why we seem to play other teams into form - that is that we only ever play at the standard of our opposition. We rarely make the running ourselves, we just seem to respond to what the opposition throws at us. That is why we never, ever, put a gap in a team.

It was a long, cold drive home down the M1 last year - let's pray for a turnaround...

Mushi
16-06-10, 06:11 PM
Well said.... look how we aimed up for the storm!!! awesome game. Lets hope the boys are full of confidence after last weeks win and are ready to send the doggies home with another loss to their tally. Come on titans - its the home stretch to finals!!!!!

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 04:43 AM
Got my tickets, we are in Section 311. Behind the Southern goal posts.

So it'll be a big Legion-like.

Boofhead
17-06-10, 12:49 PM
Double blow for Titans ahead of Bulldogs clash
Jeremy Pierce | June 17, 2010

THE Gold Coast Titans have copped an injury double blow ahead of tomorrow night's clash with the Bulldogs on the Suncorp Stadium double-header.

Workhorse prop Luke Bailey and Origin star Ashley Harrison have been ruled out.

Bailey hurt his ankle during last week's win over Manly, while Harrison received stitches this morning for a cut eyelid suffered during last night's Origin victory.

The Titans on Tuesday named an extended 19-man squad, meaning it is likely Bodine Thompson will come in to the starting side in place of Harrison at lock, with Brad Meyers a candidate to replace Bailey in the front row.

That would make rookie rising star Ryan James a certainty to keep his bench spot after last week's polished debut.

Coach John Cartwright said the final line-up would not be settled until today.

The Courier-Mail

timor 2
17-06-10, 03:21 PM
Got my tickets, we are in Section 311. Behind the Southern goal posts.

So it'll be a big Legion-like.

Hi Brad yeah hope to be there before kick off for The broncos as my mates girlfriend is driving us in , we are sec 324. Whats your number again again we might catch up before or after the game as we are training home? what time you getting there?

Cheers Sean

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 06:14 PM
Hi Brad yeah hope to be there before kick off for The broncos as my mates girlfriend is driving us in , we are sec 324. Whats your number again again we might catch up before or after the game as we are training home? what time you getting there?

Cheers Sean

I'm in section 311. I will PM you my number.

Definitely catch up before and/or after the game. Love to introduce you to other Titans fans.

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 06:15 PM
Bailey & Harrison to miss clash with the Doggies
Jason Sintome

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have lost Prop Luke Bailey and Lock Ashley Harrison in the lead up to tomorrow nights Round 15 NRL clash with the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

Bailey has failed to recover from the ankle injury he suffered during last Friday nights win over Manly, while Ashley Harrison received a number of stitches to an eye wound suffered playing for Queensland during Wednesday nights historic State of Origin match in Brisbane.

Coach John Cartwright has trained with an extended squad this week and will delay announcing his replacements for the clash until tomorrow afternoon.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 06:22 PM
Bulldogs v Titans
Suncorp Stadium Friday 8:45pm

Can it get better? Or could it possibly get any worse? That?s what the Bulldogs will be asking themselves leading into this game, with a sixth straight loss sure to plummet them even further down the ladder ? in all likelihood permanently for 2010.

The ?Dogs have the fewest wins of any club this season ? and with two byes already played, there?s no more free points on offer if they?re still a chance of even threatening the top eight.

The Titans, on the other hand, are still sitting pretty inside the top four despite having a few off weeks since Round 9. The Titans dropped three in a row after their close win over the Knights in Newcastle, which included a hammering at the hands of the Roosters in front of their home fans at Skilled Park.

Still, the Gold Coast side are one to be reckoned with ? as Manly quickly found out last week; should you drop enough ball and give away penalties, the Titans will make you pay.

And that?s a scary sign for the Bulldogs, who have suffered badly with errors so far this season.

But if there?s any hope left for the blue and whites, there is no better way to celebrate it than in front of a double-header crowd at Suncorp Stadium.

Watch out Bulldogs: The Titans have a host of world class playmakers in their side and aren?t afraid to use them. With Scott Prince at the helm, the Titans also have the skills of Preston Campbell, Mat Rogers and Greg Bird to bolster the youthful exuberance of their outside backs.

Bird has been improving every week, and has now made five line-breaks, nine line-break assists, and assisted in seven tries as well as scoring two himself. He?s also busted out of 42 tackles, one more than Preston Campbell, who is still eluding the bigger men around him with his speed and agility.

The point is, the ?Dogs can?t afford to be caught napping. The Titans have scored most of their tries this year from line-breaks, which is perfect for them (and terrible for the ?Dogs), seeing as their opposition is the second worst when it comes to conceding offloads.

If the ?Dogs don?t shut down the inevitable second-phase play they could be in for a long night. Add to that the speed of Kevin Gordon and David Mead, and suddenly there is a lot of chasing to do.

Also, the Gold Coast have the added benefit of only one player in Ashley Harrison returning from Origin duty.

Watch out Titans: Well, the Bulldogs could certainly still fire. They have the skill and quality of player in their squad, and it appears to be an attitudinal thing that is hampering their progression this season.

In the off chance that they do decide this is the week to turn it all around, the ?Dogs are lucky to be coming up against one of the worst defensive teams in the competition. The Titans average 37.5 missed tackles a game, only slightly less than the actual worst defenders in the NRL, the Broncos.

Missed tackles means greater opportunities to create some attacking spark, which the Bulldogs had in bucket-loads last year ? and have still appeared to possess at stages this season.

Their only Origin worries are Ben Hannant and Michael Ennis ? but on the positive side, there?s no travel required by either player, and the quick back-up Friday night game might save them from the soreness kicking in.

Kevin Moore has opted for four forwards in Chris Armit, Yileen Gordon, Brad Morrin and new (ex-Storm) recruit Ryan Tandy on his bench, which shows he?s clearly thinking about the Titans? defensive issues ? running big, fresh men at tired little men may be a way through the Gold Coast defence.

Also in their favour, however unconsciously, if the signing of Trent Hodkinson to the club for next year. Brett Kimmorley has openly said he wants to stay at the ?Dogs for another year ? with a new halfback coming in, it?s his time to kick it up a notch and bring on the form which took the Bulldogs to within a game of the grand final in ?09.

Where it will be won: On the scoreboard. You just wonder, with the defensive weaknesses of both sides, how anyone will be able to hold on under sustained pressure.

Field position and repeat sets will be vital to the outcome of the match, with a try-for-try contest definitely a possibility.

The history: Played: 5; Bulldogs 3, Titans 2. The Bulldogs beat the Titans by seven points in the corresponding match at Suncorp Stadium last year, but needless to say their form was much, much better.

The Bulldogs hold slight favour in head-to-head statistics. However, the last time the ?Dogs beat the Titans before that game at Suncorp was way back in 2007, when the new club was still finding its feet in the NRL.

The ?Dogs also don?t seem to mind the road trip, with two of their three wins occurring in Queensland.

Conclusion: With the kicking of Prince and Campbell at their disposal, you?ve got to say that the Gold Coast will take this one easily.

The Bulldogs haven?t been able to string together a consistent 80-minute performance all year, and while you can?t cruise by any opposition, you especially can?t fall asleep against a top four team.

The Gold Coast need to win this if they are to show that they?re real premiership contenders.

Match officials: Referees ? Steve Lyons & Tony De Las Heras; Sideline officials ? Steve Chiddy & Gerard Sutton; Video referee ? Tim Mander.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 8.45pm.

* Statistics: NRL Stats

Source: http://www.NRL.com

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 06:27 PM
Previews is from BULLDOGS.COM.AU

Preview: Bulldogs v Titans

VENUE & TIME: Suncorp Stadium, Friday, June 18, 8.45pm (AEST).
COVERAGE: Channel 9
HEAD TO HEADPlayed 5, Bulldogs 3, Titans 2
LAST TIME: Bulldogs 23 ? Titans 16 at Suncorp Stadium, Round 19, 2010

WALKING WOUNDED: The Bulldogs' forward stocks received a boost during the week with the club purchasing Storm grand-final winning player Ryan Tandy. The rugby league journeyman will start from the bench in this match and should be given plenty of game-time, considering starting prop Ben Hannant will be backing up from an Origin game just 48 hours earlier. Hooker Michael Ennis is the Bulldogs' other Origin rep. Five-eighth Ben Roberts is not expected back from his ankle injury until the Round 18 clash against the Storm. Titans coach John Cartwright has named an extended squad this week to possibly cover for Queensland Origin rep Ash Harrison and prop Luke Bailey, who is in doubt with an ankle injury. The club is still missing centre Joseph Tomane with a shoulder injury.

FORM: The Bulldogs' season continues to disappoint, although they did take the top-four Wests Tigers down to the wire in their most recent outing in Round 13. The Doggies started the rain-soaked encounter with their Western Sydney rivals full of energy, but the dreaded double of missed tackles and handling errors crept into their game in the second-half, allowing Wests to sneak home 19-12 winners. Despite the club's lowly position on the NRL ladder, coach Kevin Moore remains calm. Maybe he thinks they are capable of doing a ?Parramatta' on the run home to the finals. They will probably need to. After a worrying sequence of three losses, the Titans re-entered the top-four last weekend courtesy of a solid 28-14 defeat over an understrength Sea Eagles. Defence has been a major issue for the Titans over the past month, but they allowed the Sea Eagles to cross the chalk just twice in a match they pretty much controlled from the start.

WHO'S HOT: Anthony Laffranchi put in yet another solid performance for the Titans last Friday, topping the overall tackle count and finishing with 148m in attack. He is one of the most consistent forwards in the NRL, yet NSW selectors obviously think his type of game is no longer suited to the Origin arena. On the subject of tackling machines, nobody can deny the efforts of the modern day Mr Perpetual Motion, David Stagg. The Bulldogs lock leads the NRL in the defensive department and he was at it again a fortnight back against Tigers, netting a 'staggering' 60 tackles.

WE THINK: Sheer desperation should ensure the Bulldogs are pumped up for action in this one and their past performances at Suncorp Stadium suggest they will have no problems with the surroundings. They have won four of their past five matches at the ground, while the Titans have tasted victory just once in seven starts on the hallowed Queensland turf. The bye came at the right time for the Doggies as it gave coach Kevin Moore plenty of time to sort through the club's on-field issues. The Titans may be back on track with their win last week, but the Dogs simply must win and they have the team to do the trick. Bulldogs by 6.

Referees: Steve Lyons, Tony De Las Heras

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 07:05 PM
I kinda thought we might lose Ashley. He always tries his heart out in Origin and got pretty battered and bruised last night. Rest up Harro!

titansrawesome
17-06-10, 07:16 PM
I kinda thought we might lose Ashley. He always tries his heart out in Origin and got pretty battered and bruised last night. Rest up Harro!

have you noticed how darren lockyer and ashley harrison are sort of the same when it comes to fights, they are usually the peacemakers, which is a total contrast to the likes of beau scott and luke o donnell, and harrison is underrated.

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 07:31 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs089.snc4/35796_448630488992_154226313992_5711682_7916371_n. jpg
There is still time to get tickets!

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 07:34 PM
Head to Head - Gold Coast 1.69
Head to Head - Bulldogs 2.16

http://www.titansbet.com.au

titansrawesome
17-06-10, 07:40 PM
Head to Head - Gold Coast 1.69
Head to Head - Bulldogs 2.16

http://www.titansbet.com.au

mulltibet could work well for this.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
17-06-10, 07:57 PM
have we ever one at suncorp ( i know a stupid question saves the research)

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 08:01 PM
have we ever one at suncorp ( i know a stupid question saves the research)

Only the most famous of victories.

2007 our first encounter with the Broncos. We hosted the game at Lang Park.

AND WE WON! :banana:

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 08:45 PM
http://weather.news.com.au/images/icons/fcast_s/rain.gif Friday: Cloudy with a little light rain. Light to moderate NW to SW winds.

DIEHARD
18-06-10, 03:29 AM
James gets advice on aggression

FORMER Blues and Test backrower Anthony Laffranchi says the challenge now facing boom young Gold Coast forward Ryan James is learning how to control his aggression.

The 18-year-old Bilambil product made an imposing NRL debut against the Sea Eagles last week, lining up in the front row and refusing to take a backward step against the likes of Josh Perry, Brent Kite and Jason King.

James will again start from the bench this week, which has been bolstered by the return of big man Aaron Cannings.

"It is about learning to have controlled aggression," said Laffranchi.

"When you debut as a rookie you normally tend to be a bit raw and unleashed. But as you get experience you learn how to control your aggression.

"If you go out there trying to be aggressive for every minute of the match, you tend to burn out. There is a time and a place and he will understand the nature of the beast as he gets more games under his belt."

Cannings will make his return to the NRL for the first time since undergoing a shoulder reconstruction after Round 22 last year.

Young forward Bodene Thompson will again slot into lock for injured Maroons backrower Ash Harrison (eye), while Matt White is tipped to start in place of Luke Bailey (ankle).

Luke O'Dwyer has retained his interchange spot.

Touted by NRL recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan last week as a future State of Origin and Australian representative, James is one of the brightest prospects to emerge from the Titans junior ranks.

James is a proud Blue but made his senior debut for Queensland school Palm Beach Currumbin in the Arrive Alive Cup.

"He did everything that was asked of him and he didn't shy away from the collision or the battle," said Laffranchi. "He is going to be a great prospect for the club.

"Now it is about getting used to the weekly grind of first grade.

"But Carty will keep him level-headed and keep his job really simple, don't demand too much of him just yet.

"He just has to keep playing his natural game and do the things that got him here."

James has made a name for himself as a backrower in the Toyota Cup but Cartwright is using him in the front row.

"That is the beauty of the Toyota Cup especially for our club, is that we are seeing a lot of young guys coming up into our squad," said Laffranchi.

"It is great depth for the club."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

matti
18-06-10, 12:21 PM
What the lineup, as nrl differs quite abit then!

patskE
18-06-10, 05:49 PM
prob same as last week minus bailey n throw in zillman on the bench prob?

Mushi
18-06-10, 10:26 PM
Come on titans - a big second half coming. Lots of our players out now so its time to step up to the mark for our younger and newer players!!!!
Scotty - can you stop getting injured!!!!! Please.

matti
18-06-10, 11:18 PM
Crappy 2nd half, sloppy work, lucky to win that! but so many injuries , chalky,prince... GEZZ

Mushi
18-06-10, 11:42 PM
INJURIES!!!!!!!! AAAAHHH. Just look at all our players sitting watching on the sideline. Shocking second half - too many mistakes and missed tackles again. Thankfully we were playing the bulldogs who weren't too crash hot either. The way we started I thought we were in for a big one but it wasn't to be :(
Very lucky, but happy, to come away with the 2 points.

bigjim
18-06-10, 11:50 PM
thank you God for the two points

titansrawesome
19-06-10, 12:08 AM
greg bird of all people to hit a 26m field goal, maybe we need more fitness drills at titans training

Boonarga
19-06-10, 12:13 AM
Nathan Friend is a god! The way he plays the game takes me back to the great Ray Price.
Ryan James looks very promising. I hope the Titans have him wrapped up for many years.

How bad were those refs? Some atrocious decisions tonight (in both directions). They can't even get rulings correct that a junior ref should know.

patskE
19-06-10, 02:03 AM
how come campbell didnt play?
was watching from pub with no sound so couldnt hear.
2nd half we went to pieces coming out of our own half. jeez

DIEHARD
19-06-10, 02:33 AM
We looked like world beaters in the first 20 with Princey. When we lost him... Boy we had to scramble. Lucky Rogers was back! Bird was fantastic for us! Well done Greg.

Friendy was at his usual best. Always there.

Was so scared that we would get run down. But I think luck and good fortune got us home. We were out on our feet. Well done for sticking in there boys!

We are very lucky to come away with two points. Without FIVE of our best. Ash. Presto. Bailey. Prince. ODwyer. Against a Bulldogs team looking to turn there season around. They came home with a wet sail. And Idris and especially Barbar were stunning.

DIEHARD
19-06-10, 02:36 AM
Great night at the footy! Also have to commend the strong force of Titans fans at Lang Park. I pop quizzed about twenty with the majority. 80%. Coming from outside the GC. Ipswich. Brisbane. Logan. Even the Sunshine Coast.

Ironically in our group of six. None live on the Goldie. And Greg is from Sydney.

Well done and I think we should do alot more to nurture our Brisbane and surrounds Titans fanbase!

Sleep for me. Talk to you all in the morning. Hope Prince returns soon!

karnage
19-06-10, 07:22 AM
A game of 2 halves and while the second half was atrocious it is a brave team performance to win without Prince, Bailey, Presto and Harrsion - they along with Friend really are 4 of our 5 most important cogs.

Teams just don't win with 15 man rotations in the current era and we did well to hang on. I always love the thought that we can get 2 competition points even though we only got up by 1!! I think the Dogs are one of only about 2 or 3 teams in the whole comp who we would have wound up beating last night.

No wraps for Zillman on here?? I thought he was nothing short of outstanding. His best game in Titans colours ever. Faultless in defence and actually showed a bit of spark in attack for a change. If Prince does miss a game or two we won't lose much at the back with Zillman in that sort of form.

So what is the news on Prince. Forunately we have a soft game followed by a bye so the timing of the injury is good.

bigjim
19-06-10, 11:16 AM
Great game but with the injuries I'm a little concerned where we might go from here.

titanfan1980
19-06-10, 11:50 AM
Nathan Friend is a god! The way he plays the game takes me back to the great Ray Price.
Ryan James looks very promising. I hope the Titans have him wrapped up for many years.

How bad were those refs? Some atrocious decisions tonight (in both directions). They can't even get rulings correct that a junior ref should know.

Funny moment for me when 18 year old james in his 2nd game just reached out grabbed the general luke pattern from behind and just rag dolled him like a child haha

dee13
19-06-10, 03:53 PM
Only the most famous of victories.

2007 our first encounter with the Broncos. We hosted the game at Lang Park.

AND WE WON! :banana:

Ahhhh yeas... The night a sea of blue danced down Caxton Street. The Wally Lewis Statue was swarmed by Overjoyed Titans fans.

On last nights game... Mini was awesome. Someone must have inserted velcro onto his fingers. Will Zillman had an outstanding game, he will be very happy with that effort.

DIEHARD
19-06-10, 07:30 PM
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Bulldogs post match press conference

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans held on to score a thrilling 25 points to 24 win over the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

Post match, both Captains and Coaches spoke of the thrilling encounter at the Post match press conference.

Read the match report and watch the presser by clicking on the link below.

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26990

TITAN PETE
21-06-10, 12:57 PM
Brilliant Performance from the team after being smashed with injuries ... & apart from Dee no one has mentioned the performance of Mini..easily his best game of his career & if he doesn't play Friday night we don't win :surprise: , fantastic effort considering he was almost dropped 2 weeks ago & now he looks like he'll go close to be chosen for an Origin jersey :clap:

Great games also from Friendy,Birdy,Boof,Rat & Zill :thumbsup:

Tamwelg
21-06-10, 02:02 PM
Brilliant Performance from the team after being smashed with injuries ... & apart from Dee no one has mentioned the performance of Mini..easily his best game of his career & if he doesn't play Friday night we don't win :surprise: , fantastic effort considering he was almost dropped 2 weeks ago & now he looks like he'll go close to be chosen for an Origin jersey :clap:

Great games also from Friendy,Birdy,Boof,Rat & Zill :thumbsup:

Yeah Mini was on fire. It would be nice to see him do that every week.

lonegull
21-06-10, 02:30 PM
good to see the old heads stand up and be counted, gee it was a gutsy effort by everyone, they showed some old grit and determination to get through with a win albeit only just but we walk away with two points, and it must lift the spirits of the team knowing they won that came with so many injuries and disruptions, would have liked to see the score if prince stayed fit

DIEHARD
21-06-10, 06:47 PM
Well done to Mini, one of my favourite players. Really bounced back with an amazing performance.

Supergoose
21-06-10, 09:56 PM
I've been bagging mini when he has a bad game but he and laffranchi were outstanding. Let's hope he can reproduce that performance on a regular basis. Great win by the boys with the injuries and all. I really like what bodene brings to the side and taga out in the centres will create some great opportunities for us. The prince injury really shows that we must carry a back on the bench when we have bird at five-eighth and taga out in the centres.