PDA

View Full Version : Hayne, Lewis set to miss Origin II

Blazertaser
07-06-10, 02:27 PM
Hayne, Lewis set to miss Origin II

NSW are set to lose Jarryd Hayne and Luke Lewis for next week's second State of Origin match with both facing one-match suspensions.

The NRL match review committee has cited Hayne on a striking charge for his headbutt on Melbourne and Queensland fullback Billy Slater in Friday night's game at Parramatta Stadium.

And Lewis has copped a dangerous throw charge for his part in a lifting tackle on Newcastle's Matt Hilder on Saturday night.

Both men face one-week bans unless they successfully challenge their charges at the judiciary.

Slater, though, has escaped a charge after appearing to strike Hayne with his elbow in Friday's match and will be free to play for the Maroons at Suncorp Stadium.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl/news/article/-/7358314/hayne-lewis-set-miss-origin-ii

Blazer:thumbsup:

Blazertaser
07-06-10, 02:31 PM
My decision would of been to withdraw both of Hayne and Slater, as much as i am a diehard fan of queensland, Slater still deserves to miss a week at least for that elbow. Hayne is an idiot for the headbutt, but Slater was intent to get some back with the elbow later on, but gets off? Anyway, further increases my dislike of slater, never liked the cheat even though he's a queenslander. Next time he's involved in a scuffle, watch him retreat behind his forwards as they come in to get involved. Reminds me of creagh last year after pushing hodges in the final SOO game. Little coward

Blazer:thumbsup: