Portugal

Group H
Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

DIEHARD
23-05-10, 06:08 AM
I'll be cheering for Australia, Germany and South Korea. ;)

titansrawesome
23-05-10, 09:57 AM
I'll be cheering for Australia, Germany and South Korea. ;)

australia and spain for me and booing italy

DIEHARD
23-05-10, 07:33 PM
Yea I will be deathriding Italy for sure.

Also will take an interest in New Zealand.

GCT_89
24-05-10, 11:12 AM
Australia and South Korea for me.... gonna be alot of late nights, or early mornings during this time....lol

curly_11
24-05-10, 11:45 AM
Going for Australia and England and hope the Kiwis do well too!

DIEHARD
24-05-10, 06:40 PM
Australia and South Korea for me.... gonna be alot of late nights, or early mornings during this time....lol

Why South Korea mate? I'm going for them because I made a couple of good Korean friends from university.

Interesting to see how the Socceroos go tonight. Ill be mainly watching Panthers vs Bulldogs but Ill be checking on the soccer.

shamus
25-05-10, 02:07 AM
Why South Korea mate? I'm going for them because I made a couple of good Korean friends from university.

Interesting to see how the Socceroos go tonight. Ill be mainly watching Panthers vs Bulldogs but Ill be checking on the soccer.

Socceroos were pathetic. I am hoping it was because they were playing NZ and were thinking it was going to be a stroll in the park. But NZ really put the pressure on in the first half and could have had another goal before half tme.
On another note Grella is a very lucky boy. That tackle should have seen him sent off and miss at least 1 game of the World Cup. It was disgraceful and he had no intent to get the ball. Unfortunately Australia do produce the odd grub. It started with Muscat, continued with Tiatto and Grella is of the same mould. I cringe whenever I see him go near the ball.

P.S. In my opinion Tommy Oar should have come on earlier, he had no time to get into the game and show his lethal left foot (and speed)...I reckin he would give Gordon and Mead a good run...

curly_11
25-05-10, 08:04 AM
Socceroos were pathetic. I am hoping it was because they were playing NZ and were thinking it was going to be a stroll in the park. But NZ really put the pressure on in the first half and could have had another goal before half tme.
On another note Grella is a very lucky boy. That tackle should have seen him sent off and miss at least 1 game of the World Cup. It was disgraceful and he had no intent to get the ball. Unfortunately Australia do produce the odd grub. It started with Muscat, continued with Tiatto and Grella is of the same mould. I cringe whenever I see him go near the ball.

P.S. In my opinion Tommy Oar should have come on earlier, he had no time to get into the game and show his lethal left foot (and speed)...I reckin he would give Gordon and Mead a good run...

I agree that oar should have been given more of a run especially since carney has played a lot of football this year and kewell being out. Im happy for vidiocic. He played well, lots of movement and he timed his run perfectly for the goal.

I think that the scrappy performance could be a blessing in disguise, our regular first team was well below par and outplayed hopefully due to mental preparation. I think we need attacking spark from some of the younger guys in the squad like dario, rukuvitsa and oar. I hope and think verbeek realises this now, so thank you new zealand....

Coaster
25-05-10, 10:28 AM
I watched about 5 minutes, i guess the turn off for me is in Soccer they pretend they are injured, while in League they pretend they are not injured.

If they could get the theatrics out of the game, and the constant acting to get penalties, i could possibly watch more, but until then, i think it is embarassing.

shamus
25-05-10, 05:20 PM
I watched about 5 minutes, i guess the turn off for me is in Soccer they pretend they are injured, while in League they pretend they are not injured.

If they could get the theatrics out of the game, and the constant acting to get penalties, i could possibly watch more, but until then, i think it is embarassing.

I personally thought there were no 'dives' at all in last nights game. (Certainly not in the first 5 minutes) You will always get guys hitting the turf when they realise they are not going to win what looked like a 50/50 ball but in most cases last night the player didn't feign any injury and got straight back up. Except for Bertos, poor bastard.

2 minutes injury time in the first half and 3 minutes in the second. That's about average.

titansrawesome
25-05-10, 06:34 PM
aussie soccer is boring, all they do is whip balls into the box the whole time, and none of players know how to hit a free kick.

Adelaide Titan
25-05-10, 09:37 PM
CANNOT

EFFING

WAIT!!!!!!

:D :drinkies: :banana:

A month of :fist: and :boo: and :D and :nope: to come!!!!

Going for the Socceroos of course but also HELLAS OLE OLE!!

titansrawesome
25-05-10, 10:06 PM
i reckon brazil wil choke out in the 2nd round or quarters, thats my bold prediction

~lee~
01-06-10, 12:52 AM
Not long to go now... the excitement is building!

As for who we are all cheering for, of course im going for England, but i will also be hoping to see you Aussies go well and the other team im going to cheer for is North Korea although im not sure how much chance they have of getting out the group of death.

~lee~
01-06-10, 01:05 AM
i reckon brazil wil choke out in the 2nd round or quarters, thats my bold prediction

Unless Brazil finish 2nd in the group then they will have an easy 2nd round game (finishing 2nd will give them a tie against Spain).
Upon reaching the Quarters they are likely to be playing Holland, now that will be a real test and thats where your prediction could be proved right. But Brazil are playing well as a team and dont seem to rely solely on their superstars like they used to.

titansrawesome
01-06-10, 08:18 AM
Unless Brazil finish 2nd in the group then they will have an easy 2nd round game (finishing 2nd will give them a tie against Spain).
Upon reaching the Quarters they are likely to be playing Holland, now that will be a real test and thats where your prediction could be proved right. But Brazil are playing well as a team and dont seem to rely solely on their superstars like they used to.

i dont like that dunga wont use pato much and he has dropped good luck charm ronaldiniho, and i really dont think he is the man to coach brazil, btw i would love Jose Mouriniho or Sir Alex to be the next socceroos coach.

curly_11
01-06-10, 11:12 AM
i dont like that dunga wont use pato much and he has dropped good luck charm ronaldiniho, and i really dont think he is the man to coach brazil, btw i would love Jose Mouriniho or Sir Alex to be the next socceroos coach.

No they will pick someone average who never changes structure to suit the players around him....oh and probably will be dutch too.....FAIL

titansrawesome
01-06-10, 02:15 PM
No they will pick someone average who never changes structure to suit the players around him....oh and probably will be dutch too.....FAIL

yeah, well its nice to dream, dutch coaches except for guus arent even that good IMO

Blazertaser
02-06-10, 12:11 PM
Sorry guys but australia is my second team, as some may know, my dads side is brazilian so ill be :fist: :clap: :censored: :banana: :cry: :doh: :) all the way for brazil!

Blazer:thumbsup:

titansrawesome
02-06-10, 04:35 PM
Sorry guys but australia is my second team, as some may know, my dads side is brazilian so ill be :fist: :clap: :censored: :banana: :cry: :doh: :) all the way for brazil!

dont expect a world cup trophy.....

~lee~
03-06-10, 07:18 AM
No European side has ever won the World Cup outside of Europe

curly_11
03-06-10, 07:49 AM
True but records are meant to be broken. And there has never been a world cup in africa....

~lee~
05-06-10, 04:58 AM
My underdogs to do well this world cup are Mexico, they are in some good form at the moment and played England off the park the other week. They have a good mixture of youth and experience and they are in Group A with France, South Africa and Uruguay so have every chance of topping the group.

titansrawesome
05-06-10, 11:16 AM
ferdinand is out for the whole world cup and drogba maybe too

DIEHARD
05-06-10, 12:59 PM
Aussies play USA tonight. Pretty exciting stuff. How often does Australia play USA? Even at the Olympics.

Doug, me and Antonio will be just getting off the plane in Sydney, bound for Canberra.

But it'd be great to see.

~lee~
05-06-10, 07:15 PM
ferdinand is out for the whole world cup and drogba maybe too

Ferdinands already injured, he was probably injured at birth. We've called up Michael Dawson, he's had a great season alongside King at Spurs. Im not sure who will join Terry in the centre now, i imagine King or Carragher would be first choice with Matty Upson behind them but Capello could surprise us.

titansrawesome
06-06-10, 01:45 PM
i think england have a bad omen over them so they wont win the world cup

Blazertaser
06-06-10, 07:14 PM
dont expect a world cup trophy.....

Wow mate, lighten up....... its all fun and games, not a bloody life or death situation

titansrawesome
06-06-10, 08:13 PM
Wow mate, lighten up....... its all fun and games, not a bloody life or death situation

i don't really see how i offended you but anyways........

matti
09-06-10, 07:08 PM
Guy that was in my classes every year is playing mark milligan.. good bloke

TITAN PETE
14-06-10, 05:02 AM
Aussie's out classed badly

Steelers
14-06-10, 05:21 AM
2-0 at half time... could have been 5-0 to be honest

dee13
14-06-10, 07:50 AM
I thought I would be patriotic last night and get up and watch the game.... There goes 2 hours of sleep that I will never get back.

Seriously, its like watching WWE wrestling. You don't know where the acting stops and the sport begins. The referees are the games worst enemies by allowing players to bring the game into disrepute by taking dives and faking injuries. And those farking horns...:fight: WHY!!!!!

I can't be patriotic and watch crap like that again.

titansrawesome
14-06-10, 09:32 AM
pim verbeek has screwed us, not putting on kewell and bresciano putting garcia up front, saying we have no chance to win the world cup(good mentality moron), anyone on this forum could have coached australia to the world cup with those crappy teams we faced, its what we do at the finals that count.
we are screwed to get to the finals now.

titanstattman
14-06-10, 09:53 AM
I thought I would be patriotic last night and get up and watch the game.... There goes 2 hours of sleep that I will never get back.

Seriously, its like watching WWE wrestling. You don't know where the acting stops and the sport begins. The referees are the games worst enemies by allowing players to bring the game into disrepute by taking dives and faking injuries. And those farking horns...:fight: WHY!!!!!

I can't be patriotic and watch crap like that again.

Well u should of rang me i would of told u to stay in bed and i picked the score of 5-0 so i was close..... The horns sounds like i got a heap of bees on my tv sounds gay... Spose wat else u spose to do wen its borning........hahahahaha

titansrawesome
14-06-10, 10:40 AM
Well u should of rang me i would of told u to stay in bed and i picked the score of 5-0 so i was close..... The horns sounds like i got a heap of bees on my tv sounds gay... Spose wat else u spose to do wen its borning........hahahahaha

foxsports.com.au said that the cup organizers are trying to ban those annoying horns because everyone in the crowd and at home are saying enough already, you cant even hear the crowd cheering or booing over them.

Steelers
14-06-10, 01:15 PM
How Cahill deserved to be sent off for that tackle is beyond me. And I thought Rugby League had referee problems... It is a shame that a decision like that not only banishes Cahill from this game, but the next one as well.

DIEHARD
14-06-10, 02:39 PM
Did our coach really say we couldn't win the cup?

Really disappointing effort by the Socceroos. Hope we bounce back. No other nation has been so embarrassing so far. Greece got
done 2-0 by South Korea though.

titansrawesome
14-06-10, 04:37 PM
Did our coach really say we couldn't win the cup?

Really disappointing effort by the Socceroos. Hope we bounce back. No other nation has been so embarrassing so far. Greece got
done 2-0 by South Korea though.

he did, he siad all we can do is maybe surprise a few teams but there is no world cup for australia, and it rubbed off on vince grella i think saying we wont win it, why compete if you dont give yourself a chance, our 2006 run was based on belief.

titansrawesome
14-06-10, 04:41 PM
lucaus neille our captain said the germans were superior to the aussies before the match started too, and mark bosnich agrees with me on we lost bad because we were negative, if you go to foxsports.com.au you will see.

dee13
14-06-10, 05:13 PM
Clive Palmer should have started up as a beach soccer team that plays at ubgodly hours of the morning on Surfers Beach. There was probably more people at Circle on Cavil, in Surfers, watching soccer last night than turns up for a GC United home game at Skilled Park.

titanstattman
15-06-10, 09:42 AM
Clive Palmer should have started up as a beach soccer team that plays at ubgodly hours of the morning on Surfers Beach. There was probably more people at Circle on Cavil, in Surfers, watching soccer last night than turns up for a GC United home game at Skilled Park.

Hahahaha enough said........ hahahahaha

~lee~
16-06-10, 03:32 AM
Bad start for you Aussies, you had a few early chances but i didnt undertand why you wernt playing a striker, cahill is better as a supporting midfielder/attacker than the lone man up front. No way he should of been sent off for that tackle. Its the same every world cup though, the refs come down hold for the opening rounds and then realise all the best players are suspended so they stop sending players off.

A pensioner over here phoned pest control thinking all the horns were a swarm of bees around his house.

As for your coach saying you have no chance of winning the world cup, its true, i wouldnt want my coach saying it though.

DIEHARD
16-06-10, 03:09 PM
Well done to New Zealand!

titansrawesome
16-06-10, 06:45 PM
very well done NZ, they have 1 more point than us...................

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 04:44 AM
How funny was Spain losing 1-0 to Switzerland!

titansrawesome
17-06-10, 10:36 AM
How funny was Spain losing 1-0 to Switzerland!

everyone knows the spainards are the dragons in the post season of soccer:laugh:

DIEHARD
17-06-10, 06:32 PM
Not me! I didn't know. Looking forward to the Aussie game and the Germany game coming up

~lee~
17-06-10, 07:13 PM
The Spaniards were favourites for the whole tournament so losing to the Swiss was a huge shock. Luckily for Spain they have a fairly easy group and will still qualify.

titansrawesome
17-06-10, 07:17 PM
Not me! I didn't know. Looking forward to the Aussie game and the Germany game coming up

i dont think spain have been past the 1/4 finals ever, aussies NEED to beat Ghana , draw is not good enough.

Steelers
17-06-10, 07:25 PM
The Spain vs Switzerland game was rather entertaining. Spain had about 80% possession and 20+ shots at goal. Then the Swiss score with one of their few attempts. It was the equivalent of NSW holding out QLD for 20 sets and then scoring a try with their first possession in the opposition 20. Loved it.

titansrawesome
17-06-10, 07:42 PM
The Spain vs Switzerland game was rather entertaining. Spain had about 80% possession and 20+ shots at goal. Then the Swiss score with one of their few attempts. It was the equivalent of NSW holding out QLD for 20 sets and then scoring a try with their first possession in the opposition 20. Loved it.

it was boring that spain passed it back and forth and back and forth a milion times and did nothing at all and then the swiss who are meant to be pretty bad score in 1 attempt, they really should have had fabregas and torres on.

~lee~
19-06-10, 07:11 PM
England 0-0 Algeria

There's nothing worse than having to sit through an England game. My god they're so boring. To top it off last night Rooney complaining because they got booed off by the English fans. He should have been subbed for his terrible performance, he's been the worse player in an England shirt this World Cup.

Good luck against Ghana, hoping you Aussies can make it to the next round.

DIEHARD
19-06-10, 07:27 PM
I find it so surprising that England are so boring. And aren't winning more.

When I think soccer, they are the first nation I think of.

~lee~
19-06-10, 08:01 PM
Yeah its strange, none of the players seem to be able to reproduce their club form for their country. I dont think alot of the players care as much for the national team as their club team. The players we have now are allegedly the golden generation but they have disappointed for the last decade and the football has been so terrible. The only time we seem to be able to play is when we go a goal down and need to win. So saying that i guess we have to hope Slovenia score first against us on wednesday.

titansrawesome
19-06-10, 09:59 PM
none of the big guns have really stepped this tournament, spain lost,germany lost, italy escaped with a draw, england drawn twice, brazil barely won, ARGENTINA are stamping themselves down for a world cup and i reckon they will win it now .

DIEHARD
19-06-10, 10:34 PM
My mate had a big bet on Argentina. That was his tip.

titansrawesome
19-06-10, 10:42 PM
My mate had a big bet on Argentina. That was his tip.

did i mention france has been horrible?

shamus
19-06-10, 10:50 PM
did i mention france has been horrible?

France won't make it to the next stage. They would need to thrash Sth Africa as France's goal difference is 5 worse than Uruguay and 4 worse than Mexico and I doubt that SA would lose by more than 2. Especially playing at home.

I think they call it Karma...

titansrawesome
19-06-10, 10:53 PM
France won't make it to the next stage. They would need to thrash Sth Africa as France's goal difference is 5 worse than Uruguay and 4 worse than Mexico and I doubt that SA would lose by more than 2. Especially playing at home.

I think they call it Karma...

karma is the right word for the hand of frog incident, france are done, spain and england might be too.

~lee~
19-06-10, 11:12 PM
The France game will be interesting, on paper they have the players to make up the goal difference they need but they have 0 team spirit and it appears that the players do not get on well with the coach. Lets not forget that should Uruguay and Mexico draw then they both go through.... that's your banker result for game 3.

As for England, sadly we still have a chance of going through, we dont deserve to but again on paper we have the team to win and win comfortably.

Spain however outplayed the Swiss, they will go through as they have 2 easy games to go and i wouldnt be surprised if we see them put 4 or 5 past Honduras this week.

As you said Argentina have been the stand out team so far, they just have so many attacking options, they could bring on Maradona himself and still score a hatfull of goals.

titansrawesome
20-06-10, 12:51 AM
i dont f'n believe the italians have screwed us again, ref sends harry off and gives a penalty by the italian ref which wasn't even a hand ball and even if itt was it is not a red card offense, plus a bad tackle by a ghana player from behind only got a yellow!!!

Steelers
20-06-10, 06:09 AM
An absolute joke. Not as annoyed about Harry's red as I am about the Yellow card the Ghana player got soon after. It was so much worse than Cahill's red in the Germany game. We would have wiped the floor with Ghana if the teams were even (it would have been 10 on 10 if the referee's were consistent with their red cards)

DIEHARD
22-06-10, 11:27 AM
That Santo, Sam and Ed show on SBS is pretty good. I love Santo. Good to see Mick Molloy on as well.

Good for the casual fan.

Steelers
24-06-10, 06:36 AM
Fantastic match. We defended great in the first half, and when we got our chances we looked good. Holman's goal had me out of my seat waking up the neighbours! For a few minutes there was a chance of advancing to the next round. Such a shame that 4-0 result against Germany is the killer for our chances. If we only lose 1-0 we advance.

Steelers
24-06-10, 06:44 AM
Oh and I have to add, Serbia struggled to keep up with us in the 2nd half even with 12 players on the pitch. The refereeing was atrocious. The worst example was a Serbian player sitting on the ball after falling over, which lead to us being penalised.

titansrawesome
24-06-10, 08:01 AM
i knew that first game would mess us up, nice work pim ya moron, if we played attacking style like against ghana and serbia we would be through.

Steelers
24-06-10, 08:43 AM
i knew that first game would mess us up, nice work pim ya moron, if we played attacking style like against ghana and serbia we would be through.

Our defensive attitude and poor selections in certain positions were only half the problem though. Cahill getting sent off along with some defensive lapses were the major cause of the 4-0 scoreline and inevitably our exit from the tournament.

DIEHARD
24-06-10, 09:03 AM
Well that's a wrap. I'll continue to follow Germany and South Korea.

Steelers
24-06-10, 09:18 AM
My support moves onto the Kiwis. They could cause an even bigger shock than their draw with Italy and sneak through to the final 16.

titansrawesome
24-06-10, 09:26 AM
this may shock you but ill be following the usa.

TITAN PETE
24-06-10, 12:32 PM
i think i'll follow the RUGBY LEAGUE

DIEHARD
24-06-10, 09:20 PM
i think i'll follow the RUGBY LEAGUE

RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY LEAGUE! RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY LEAGUE!

Nothing beats it!:thumbsup:

titansrawesome
25-06-10, 05:04 PM
Italy and France finish last in their pretty easy groups after both met in the last world cup final all i have to say is... karma is a *****, thats what you get for diving against the aussies and cheating against the irish. I gurarantee that a south american team will win the world cup. France and Italy knocked out, Spain need to win against chile or they are knocked out, england got close to getting knocked out.

here are the final 16 matches

Germany vs England

Ghana Vs Usa

Uruguay vs S.Korea

Paraguay vs Japan

Argentina vs Mexico

Holland vs Slovakia

most likely Brazil vs spain/chile

most likely Portugal vs spain/chile

DIEHARD
01-07-10, 09:42 AM
CLICK OUT THIS FUNNY VIDEO PAYING OUT THE KIWIS FROM SANTO, SAM ED SBS SHOW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYnoCleH7OM&feature=player_embedded)

titansrawesome
03-07-10, 10:30 AM
i knew brazil wouldnt have a great WC, dunga is not a good coach and doesnt let brazil play like brazil. now he is fired.

Casey's Angel27
03-07-10, 09:41 PM
I feel for Ghana, they deserved to go through to the semis.
Bastard Uruguay

~lee~
04-07-10, 01:59 AM
Well Germany have to be the new favourites after that performance, they destroyed Argentina the same way they did England. It's looking like a Holland v Germany final, that will be some good rivalry.

Steelers
04-07-10, 02:38 AM
I do not feel too bad about our 4-0 result against Germany anymore, considering the favourites for the title just got beaten by the same team by the same score.

titansrawesome
04-07-10, 10:21 AM
i want spain to win it, how the hell did all the south american teams just collaspe except uruguay

Steelers
08-07-10, 11:18 AM
Well well well... Spain vs Netherlands. The World Cup will be won by a team for the first time no matter what the outcome of the final is. I am going for the Dutch. They have been my hot tip since their first group game.

titansrawesome
08-07-10, 11:25 AM
i knew spain would beat germany, spain win 2-1 or 2-3

DIEHARD
08-07-10, 06:31 PM
So cut to see Germany gone! I'm now supporting Holland.

I'm still watching the entertaining Santo Sam and Ed show. Great value and it
really gives a fantastic wrap up of the soccer World Cup.

titansrawesome
08-07-10, 06:53 PM
ill tell you what the vuvuzelas better not be at the next world cup

DIEHARD
08-07-10, 08:04 PM
Im sure FIFA have learnt from their mistake. I think it was a dumb move. Would have turned TV viewers off.

I did download the app to my Iphone to be annoying though!

titansrawesome
08-07-10, 08:30 PM
Im sure FIFA have learnt from their mistake. I think it was a dumb move. Would have turned TV viewers off.

I did download the app to my Iphone to be annoying though!

lol good idea

~lee~
09-07-10, 06:15 AM
It's a shame Spain beat Germany as the final will be very dull to watch. Spain will just keep the ball and Holland will be chasing shadows. I dont see anyway Holland can win the match.