PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
03-05-10, 05:13 AM
Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

karnage
03-05-10, 08:06 AM
Super important game. 2 points here will be MASSIVE with Penrith guaranteed 2 points courtesy of the bye and Manly (the other team on 10 points) with a tough game up against the Dragons.

We can put a gap in both these teams in the next 3 weeks.

DIEHARD
04-05-10, 08:15 AM
Titans young guns on standby

YOUNG Titans forwards Will Matthews and Bodene Thompson will today be named as cover for the club's representative players against the Knights in Newcastle on Sunday.

NSW Country representatives Anthony Laffranchi and Greg Bird and City backrower Mark Minichiello face the prospect of backing up less than 48 hours after Friday's annual Origin selection trial in Port Macquarie.

As a precaution, 22-year-old Matthews and 21-year-old Thompson are expected to travel as part of a 19-man squad when the Titans fly out of the Gold Coast on Saturday.

Titans football manager Scott Clark said the Coast was in a better position than Newcastle, who have three players on Test duty in Melbourne.

Knights captain Kurt Gidley has been named in the Australian side, while Junior Sau and Zeb Taia are in the Kiwis team.

While there has been some criticism of the scheduling, Clark said the Titans were largely unfazed by the demands of a quick turnaround.

"That is the good thing about the position we are in," said Clark. "Our players are only a few hours away.

"It means they can have a good sleep in on Saturday morning and we have still got time to check them out and make a decision whether they are fit to play."

Aggressive prop Thompson was a standout at the start of the season but has not been sighted in the NRL since being suspended in Round 3.

Matthews has played four NRL games in 2010, in between 18th man duties.

The Titans are yet to taste victory in Newcastle but after recently smashing their Brookvale Oval hoodoo and with the inconsistent Knights sitting 11th on the ladder, they should head into the clash at EnergyAustralia Stadium with confidence.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
04-05-10, 08:18 AM
We all remember the heart break of losing in the last play last year against the Knights with a no try decision... Hopefully this year we can avenge it.

DIEHARD
04-05-10, 12:37 PM
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans team to play Newcastle

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are away to Newcastle this weekend and with a three players backing up from Friday Nights City / Country match the Coaching Staff have placed a number of players on stand by as they prepare to play the Knights.

With John Cartwright away in Camp with the City team, assistant coach Steve Murphy has reigns of the squad for this week with the following players named to represent the Gold Coast.

To watch the team announcement click on the link below,

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=titans-tv&vid=4207

Source: Titans

DIEHARD
04-05-10, 12:38 PM
Gold Coast Titans: Gold Coast Titans: Preston Campbell, Kevin Gordon, Clinton Toopi, Joseph Tomane, David Mead, Greg Bird, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Brad Meyers, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison.

Interchange: Matt White, Michael Henderson, Sam Tagataese, William Zillman.

Supergoose
04-05-10, 11:11 PM
Bo Thompson was outstanding in his first few games this season and I hope he can get in the top 17 again soon. Not sure who he would replace but his aggressive running and impact in defense was making asolid contribution off the bench. The competition for spots is cut-throat and Thompson would certainly not be out of place in any top 17 in the league. He's better than Matthews at the moment and is fighting for a spot with white and tagataese. There are a few more coming back soon too, with O'Dwyer and cannings going to push for a place. If bird is shifted into the pack more regularly it will limit the rotations and opportunities for our forwards. Impact off the bench has been a problem in the past few seasons, it's not anymore.

DIEHARD
05-05-10, 07:48 AM
With Cannings and O'Dwyer coming back with Thompson back from suspension, there is some impressive depth and pressure for spots coming.

If Chalky can return to form, I'd have him in my 17 any day. Cannings still has further gears to push up into. And I'm a big fan of Thompson.

TITAN PETE
05-05-10, 09:27 AM
With Cannings and O'Dwyer coming back with Thompson back from suspension, there is some impressive depth and pressure for spots coming.

If Chalky can return to form, I'd have him in my 17 any day. Cannings still has further gears to push up into. And I'm a big fan of Thompson.

I look forward to both Chalky & the Truck Cannings returning very soon & with Thompsons form earlier on i think he plays a lot like Minni... but Bodene has better hands so i wouldn't be surprised if we see changes later in the year if things don't improve :eyebrows:

It's a Great problem to have for Carty :thumbsup:

curly_11
05-05-10, 02:19 PM
I think Hendo has the problem with keeping the ball in his hands.....but mini needs to watch his penalty count. Although he seems better this season so far.

I am also a fan of thompson and would pretty much be our form front rower at the moment. He is playing out of his skin....

DIEHARD
05-05-10, 05:26 PM
Depth key for Titans

Gold Coast's squad depth is shaping up to be a likely ally according to Titans assistant coach Steve Murphy with a potentially dangerous trip to Newcastle scheduled just 48 hours after the NSW City v Country match.

Fresh from an eight-day turnaround the Knights loom as a dangerous task for Gold Coast after a spirited comeback last week against the Broncos earned them just their third win of the season.

And with three Gold Coast stars out to impress in Friday night's annual Origin selection match in Port Macquarie, fit bodies will be at a premium for the away side as muscle fatigue begins to set in.

Mark Minichiello alongside brother Anthony will take up arms for the City team, while a resurgent Greg Bird and hard-hitting Anthony Laffranchi will don the Country jersey.

Murphy said it will be extremely tough for all three players to recover in time for the match and declared the club wouldn't be taking any risks should they pull up sore.

"All the health professionals will tell you it's a lot harder to play 48 hours after than 24, so we'll manage them and won't take any risks with any of those guys," Murphy admitted after Wednesday's training session.

"Riley Brown, Will Matthews and Bodene Thompson … all those guys are ready and willing to go should something happen so we're in a healthy position at the moment and hopefully it continues."

Also impressed with former Kiwi international Clinton Toopi's recent run of form - which included a try against the Panthers on the weekend, Murphy said the journeyman could give the Titans an edge when they take on the Knights' strong forward pack.

"He performed incredibly well I thought on Jamie Lyon in the first week and he backed it up again with a great performance last week," he said.

"If he continues to improve at the rate he is then we'll have another good player on our hands."

Filling in for head coach John Cartwright while he oversees City's preparations, Murphy recognised that playing Newcastle on the road will be a whole different ball game for the Titans with little success coming at Energy Australia Stadium over the years.
"Playing away is a different proposition than at home, we've had very limited success there if at all," he said.

"We lost a close game there last year and I'm sure the boys will know they have to perform to get them this week."

Just seconds away from a victory in Round 9 last year, the Titans were left fuming after a controversial refereeing decision turned down William Zillman's try because of a dummy-half infringement by skipper Scott Prince.

http://sportal.com.au/l

DIEHARD
06-05-10, 12:22 PM
- Newcastle has won three of their past four games against the Gold Coast Titans.

- The Titans have beaten Souths and Manly away from home this season.

- The Knights have won 15 of their past 19 games at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

- The Titans have won after trialing at half time three times this season.

Ryan
06-05-10, 01:00 PM
- Newcastle has won three of their past four games against the Gold Coast Titans.

- The Titans have beaten Souths, Manly and Melbourne away from home this season.

- The Knights have won 15 of their past 19 games at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

- The Titans have won after trialing at half time three times this season.

Don't forget that one ;)

gotitans101
06-05-10, 01:46 PM
I'd be more confident if we didn't have players backing up from Friday night. Still, I think we should be able to get the job done against the Knights, they've been fairly ordinary over recent weeks.

DIEHARD
06-05-10, 02:13 PM
White eager for return to Newcastle
Adam Gardini

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans prop Matt White is aiming to make the most of his return to Newcastle when he clashes with his former Knights teammates at Energy Australia Stadium on Sunday.

The 25-year-old prop began his first grade career with the Knights, debuting for the club almost five years ago to the day against Melbourne at Olympic Park.

Despite spending four years at the Knights, the Inverell Hawks junior was unable to hit his straps as a regular NRL player until he was given an opportunity with the Jetstar Titans in the pre-season of 2009.

Since then, White hasn't looked back - featuring in 27 of a possible 34 matches for the Jetstar Titans at a time when the club has also established itself as NRL finalists.

"I'm looking forward to coming up against the boys again,'' said White.

"I got to play them up here in Round 1 last year but didn't get to play down there because I was out suspended so I'm looking forward to playing against them again.

"It's always good coming up against old teammates.

"It'll be a good tussle, they've got a good forward pack with Ben Cross, Richie Fa’aoso and Dan Tolar so it'll be a good game.

"Down there I was in and out of first grade and played a lot of reserve grade.

"It's been good up here, I've got a crack at first grade and I'm just trying to play consistent footy.''

Following strong wins against top-four heavyweights Manly and Penrith, the Jetstar Titans are looking to keep their momentum going as they search for their first win on Newcastle's home turf.

The corresponding match last year saw the Jetstar Titans denied a last-minute victory when a late try to fullback William Zillman was disallowed as the Gold Coasters were forced to return home with a 23-18 loss.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
06-05-10, 02:25 PM
TAUFUA's TERRIFIC FORM

Newcastle Knights' Head Coach Rick Stone has been impressed with the recent form of Mark Taufua.

Taufua earnt the Players' Player award during the Knights' win over the Brisbane Broncos last Friday night.

"I think he has just changed a little bit in his belief.

"There is no doubt that Mark has always had it, he probably just played a little bit below his best in the first couple of weeks of the season."

In 2009 Taufua played in 24 of the team's 25 games, and on 92.2 per cent was second to Steve Simpson in most effective tackles for the side.

"Looking back on some of the things that he did last year probably just got a reaction from him and it definintely inspired him to play a little bit better.

"I thought he was terrific on Friday night that's for sure."

Mark Taufua has again been named at Lock for the Knights who will take on the Gold Coast Titans at 2pm this Sunday, Mothers' Day.

WEATHERWATCH's David Sercombe weather forecast for Sunday:

Sunday (game day) should be fine and sunny again with light E-NE winds. Given these onshore winds there will be a slim chance of a shower, but it should be a fantastic day temperature (around 22-23), wind and cloud wise for spectators at EAS, as well as the people running the show.

Source: http://www.newcastleknights.com.au

DIEHARD
06-05-10, 05:54 PM
Knights clash a 'danger' game: Harrison
Adam Gardini

In-form Jetstar Gold Coast Titans lock Ashley Harrison rates Sunday's clash with Newcastle as a 'danger game' for the front-running Gold Coasters.

The second-placed Titans are searching for their first win against Newcastle at Energy Australia Stadium against a Knights outfit which scored an upset victory over Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium last weekend.

Watch Titans TV to hear today's interview with Queensland State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
06-05-10, 06:14 PM
Simpson anxious about early return BEN HORNE

Fearful of being plagued by his rib and sternum injury for the rest of the season, Newcastle veteran Steve Simpson is hesitant about returning in Sunday's NRL clash against the Gold Coast.

Simpson has been named in the second row after missing last week and round six with the problem, but a fitness test on Friday will determine whether he's fit enough to play this weekend.

The former NSW and Australian representative thought he had overcome the joint pain when he played against Cronulla in round seven, only to do further damage to the top of his sternum and miss the team's last-start win over Brisbane.

Advertisement: Story continues belowWhile hopeful the tightness will settle down before Sunday, Simpson is anxious about making the same mistake and coming back too early.

"It's one of those injuries where I probably could play the game but if it goes wrong I could be back at square one and behind the eight ball again," Simpson said.

"I had a week off against the Cowboys and obviously came back and played against Cronulla, and I was back to where I was if not worse.

"It's definitely feeling a lot better but there's still a little bit of soreness there and I certainly just don't want to go back to square one.

"I've still got another few days up my sleeve before we actually play so hopefully it'll settle down in time and I'll be 100 per cent."

Knights coach Rick Stone said it was important Simpson's injury was well managed before it developed into a long-term problem.

"It may be an ongoing concern, we don't want it to be," Stone said on the Knights' website.

"We've yet to decide whether Simpson will play this week, even though he has been named.

"He's got to get through some training, probably Friday will be his major test I would suggest.

"If he comes out without any problems he'll play, but if he has any concern whatsoever, Cameron Ciraldo will obviously be back into the side."

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

daveyk
06-05-10, 08:07 PM
ryan..... we beat melbourne at home not away...

Ryan
06-05-10, 08:12 PM
ryan..... we beat melbourne at home not away...
Uhhh.... yep. True that. :?)

DIEHARD
08-05-10, 12:47 PM
I hear our boys who played City v Country last night went well.

Any reports? I haven't seen it. Didn't show it at a decent time here in Melbourn.

DIEHARD
08-05-10, 12:51 PM
SMH: Round 9 - Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans Preview

Sunday, EnergyAustralia Stadium, 2.00pm
Referees: Ben Cummins and Alan Shortall
Head to head: Knights 3, Titans 2
Last clash: Knights 23 bt Titans 18 at EnergyAustralia Stadium, rd 9, 2009
TAB Sportsbet: Knights $1.80, Titans $2.00
FootyTab: Titans +1.5

The Knights have won two of their last three games. They didn't beat great opposition - the Cowboys in Newcastle and the Broncos in Brisbane - but they showed plenty of character. It is a difficult year for the Knights, but they have a willingness to fight and they will appreciate the backing of their home crowd here. Hopefully, for them, their star player - Kurt Gidley - will not pick up an injury playing for Australia in the Test against New Zealand, and will be able to back up.
The Titans are in clear second place on the competition table. They have won three of their last four games, including a 38-24 home success over the Panthers last weekend. That was an impressive performance, since the Titans were backing up just five days after beating the Sea Eagles in a tough game on the road. Instead of showing signs of tiredness, they ran away from the Panthers early in the second half. The Titans are well in this match, but the Knights, with their tough forward pack, look set to make it a real contest.
KNIGHTS: Kurt Gidley (capt), Akuila Uate, Junior Sa'u, Keith Lulia, Cooper Vuna, Jarrod Mullen, Scott Dureau, Ben Cross, Isaac De Gois, Dan Tolar, Steve Simpson, Cory Paterson, Mark Taufua. Interchange: Matt Hilder, Zeb Taia, Evarn Tuimavave, Richie Fa'aoso, Cameron Ciraldo (one to be omitted).

Source: http://www.smh.com.au

DIEHARD
08-05-10, 01:43 PM
Knights v Titans
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Sunday 2pm

Have the Knights revived their season with a come-from-behind win over Brisbane, or did they just get some last-moment gasps of air into an ailing body?

This weekend’s match-up with a high-flying Titans will give us a better indication of their progress, despite the fact a handful of players will be trying to back up less than 48 hours after representative football.

Newcastle’s win over the Broncos in Round 8 pushed them up to 11th spot on the NRL ladder, just one win away from the top eight and back in striking range of the top sides.

But the precarious nature of their position is magnified when you realise a loss here will guarantee a drop of at least one rung on the ladder – and could see them drop all the way down to 15th (effectively last of the teams in contention), although to get that low it would take a very big hammering.

A loss would also ensure the side was back to two wins off the pace, and chasing the pack won’t be any easier the longer this season progresses.

In the only change from last week, the home side welcomes Steve Simpson back for this crucial encounter, which pushes Zeb Taia to the bench.

Taia, Kurt Gidley and Junior Sa’u need to come through Friday night’s Test match before they can don the red and blue.

Meanwhile, the Titans well and truly held their own in the period without Scott Prince and after having him back last week for the win over Penrith, they look very solid sitting alone in second place.

While they handed the Panthers a lesson last week, they will be usurped by the Penrith boys on the ladder if they lose this match and could actually drop as low as fifth.

This fact, and the burning desire to capture their first win in Newcastle after two heartbreaking losses previously, has the Titans primed.

The only change from last week sees Brad Meyers slated to start for Michael Henderson, although it’s worth noting Greg Bird, Anthony Laffranchi and Mark Minichiello all need to get through Friday night’s City-Country clash.

Watch out Knights: Titans halfback and captain Scott Prince will be out for a massive performance after being overlooked for the Australian team in favour of Cooper Cronk.

With Johnathan Thurston’s shoulders looking dodgier by the minute, Prince will be out to show Queensland selectors he is worthy of the Maroon jersey this season. Cronk has the edge of playing with Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, the Maroons’ fullback and hooker, at club level. Prince, just back from injury last week, is averaging 505 kick metres a game this season from his four performances, has one line-break, three line-break assists, four try assists and two tries. Look for the former Clive Churchill Medal winner to run the show and push his side towards victory.

Watch out Titans: The Knights’ kicking game is significantly more accurate than the visiting Titans and it could be the difference in this match if the Knights follow it up with a committed kick chase.

Their 65.1 per cent kick accuracy is the third best in the NRL and allows time for chasers to form a line of defence and cut down kick-return metres.

If the Knights can dominate the first few tackles in the set, they will go a long way to limiting the Titans’ attack. The Titans rank 13th in the league for smart clearances, with just 52.7 per cent of their kicks finding space.

Where it will be won: This match will go to the side prepared to play the full 80 minutes; if form in this regard is anything to go by, the Titans have a significant edge.

The side has proven it can hang in a match, even when being dominated, and then come home with a flourish (see Round 7 v Manly). They ride the momentum in games with aplomb and often come out on top.

On the other hand, the Knights have too many major troughs in their performances. They allowed the Broncos to roar over the top of them mid-match last week and had it been a less-brittle opponent, may not have been able to come back to win.

If they allow three or four back-to-back tries against the Titans, they will not win here. It’s obvious the Knights can’t stay up for the full 80, but they are good enough to limit the poor periods to less damage.

The history: Played 5; Knights 3, Titans 2. Last season these two teams split their results, with the competition points going to the home side on each occasion.

In fact, the Titans are yet to win at EnergyAustralia Stadium, losing their previous two matches at the venue in the dying minutes. In 2008 they lost by a single point, while last season a late try saw them fall by just five points. *

Conclusion: Assuming their rep players back up, the Titans look like they should grab their first win in Newcastle.

The Knights have less depth and if their rep guys are at all jaded it will make things extremely difficult.

But if you are looking for an upset, perhaps this is the game. On both previous occasions the two sides met at this venue, the Titans were expected to win, only to be pipped at the post… perhaps it is on the cards again?

Match officials: Referees – Ben Cummins & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials – Daniel Eastwood & Ricky McFarlane; Video Ref – Tim Mander.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 2pm

Source: http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
08-05-10, 06:08 PM
HARD man Mark Taufua said yesterday the Knights had to provide enough energy to carry their representative teammates through the inevitable tough times in the game against Gold Coast Titans at EnergyAustralia Stadium tomorrow.
Captain Kurt Gidley came off the bench for Australia against New Zealand in Melbourne last night and centre Junior Sa'u and lock Zeb Taia turned out for the Kiwis.

Their status for the Titans game will be determined at medical checks when they return to Newcastle today.

Taufua emerged from a month-long funk to run 16 times for 154 metres in Newcastle's 30-22 victory over the Broncos in Brisbane last week, earning the players' player award for his efforts.

Coach Rick Stone said Taufua was outstanding against the Broncos and challenged the 28-year-old Samoan international and all the forwards to be equally enthusiastic tomorrow.

"We need that same sort of approach and the same sort of resilient traits when we're put under pressure and that's been our Achilles heel a little bit this year," Stone said.

Taufua was pleased with the nod from his teammates but said he had to play with the same intensity every week.

"I felt like my performances before that were below par," he said.

"I had a good talk with Stoney, just about how I was going last year, and I really wanted to aim up against the Broncs, especially after that Cronulla game when we just didn't turn up to play.

"I just think I was a bit flat and not getting as involved as much as I'd like to and be effective when I was getting involved, so hopefully last week was the first stepping stone to better games.

"Those guys in the rep teams will be backing up for their second game in two days, so there's a big onus on our pack to set the platform . . . The Titans are coming second and they've got a lot of strike weapons across the field, so we've got to be really tight in the forwards and try to control the game there."

Stone said Gold Coast's three rep players, back-rowers Anthony Laffranchi and Mark Minichiello and utility Greg Bird, might feel the pinch if forced to play significant minutes tomorrow.

Source: http://www.theherald.com.au

titanstattman
09-05-10, 02:28 PM
I so want carty to fix mead nd tomane side asap

Adelaide Titan
09-05-10, 02:56 PM
what a win :D looked down and out half way through the 2nd half!
Away form has been much better this year and now we go =top with the Dragons! Greg Bird had a ripper

GO YOU TITANS!!!

titansrawesome
09-05-10, 03:08 PM
ok we can attack now terrific, but now our defense has gone to rubble 36 points conceded this week, 24 last week, and tomane keeps getting palmed off, gillmeister needs some serious work done, but kudos to cartwright on our attack.

karnage
09-05-10, 04:27 PM
Kudos to Cartwright?? He's the reason we were so awful in defence if you ask me. Totally reshuffled the starting pack which meant the rotations that have worked for us all year were all over the shop. Mini and Boof might have been tired but they still should have started so that we could have stuck with the tried and true rotations off the bench that have been so succesful.

Great 2 points though and with the Dragons getting rolled we go equal top and now the top 4 has a little gap on the rest, although it will be a top 5 if the Roosters do the job.

Bird was the difference.

Preston was sensational.

Prince reminded us how awesome he can be with that bullet pass before half time that got us right back in and the little pop right after to put Mini after.

Tomane still can't tackle and Mead is getting stuck on a limb dealing with his ineffective work inside.

Toopi is exceeding my expectations of him and should hopefully hold his spot when Rogers returns and send Tomane to the Q Cup.

Can't say enough about Bull - get that letter sent in buddy, we can't afford to lose you to Origin!!

And how about Brisbane?!?!?!? Sets the Derby up as an absolute cracker and should ensure another 10,000 fans through the gate as that win should get the Brisbane pretty excited - and rightfully so. Can't wait!!

titansrawesome
09-05-10, 05:27 PM
Kudos to Cartwright?? He's the reason we were so awful in defence if you ask me. Totally reshuffled the starting pack which meant the rotations that have worked for us all year were all over the shop. Mini and Boof might have been tired but they still should have started so that we could have stuck with the tried and true rotations off the bench that have been so succesful.

Great 2 points though and with the Dragons getting rolled we go equal top and now the top 4 has a little gap on the rest, although it will be a top 5 if the Roosters do the job.

Bird was the difference.

Preston was sensational.

Prince reminded us how awesome he can be with that bullet pass before half time that got us right back in and the little pop right after to put Mini after.

Tomane still can't tackle and Mead is getting stuck on a limb dealing with his ineffective work inside.

Toopi is exceeding my expectations of him and should hopefully hold his spot when Rogers returns and send Tomane to the Q Cup.

Can't say enough about Bull - get that letter sent in buddy, we can't afford to lose you to Origin!!

And how about Brisbane?!?!?!? Sets the Derby up as an absolute cracker and should ensure another 10,000 fans through the gate as that win should get the Brisbane pretty excited - and rightfully so. Can't wait!!

i dont know what they are gonna do about tomane but toopi deserves a N.Z recall, terrific in defense and 3 tries in 3 games:thumbsup:

patskE
09-05-10, 06:11 PM
toopi has been going good? but didnt u see his miss for the knights 1st try? shot up and ran past his player... who scored inside him...

TITAN PETE
09-05-10, 07:25 PM
Bird & Presto Brilliant but 45 missed tackles in the Nrl is not good enough so we should be very thankfull Cross was penalized when he shouldn't have been so we'll take the 2 points & prepare for a rejuvinated Boncos team on Friday

titansrawesome
09-05-10, 07:52 PM
toopi has been going good? but didnt u see his miss for the knights 1st try? shot up and ran past his player... who scored inside him...

no cant remember the 1st try, and 3 tries in 3 games is good and he is very good defensively.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
09-05-10, 08:35 PM
im so glad we got that victory, we didnt deserve the victory because there was so many missed tackles and dropped balls, could beleive we droped the ball from the kick off......Anyway quite a few titans fans in the newcastle territory, Cant wait for next friday when the donkeys vs the mighty jetstar gold coast titans

Also one other thing the people i was sitting around were all knights supporters and all very good sports, but after i left the area i was sitting in and walking down to the train station i got called c*&ts, and every other name under the sun, If Gold coast fans carried on like that swearing at oppisition fans i would be embaressed to call them titans supporters....Btw Compared to manly fans newcastle fans are only a little bit better

DIEHARD
09-05-10, 11:14 PM
Just got back from Melbourne, but what about those magical never say die Titans?!

Sure our defence seemed to be dodgy and you are all right saying the mistackles in unacceptable.

But with a never say die attitude, it keeps you in the match and with belief anything can happen. Also seems like we piled on the points. Great to see Toopi score two and that pass from Prince to Tomane was jaw dropping.

But it was also the highest losing margin for a team in NRL. And well, while that is an amazing figure. It isn't novel because we allowed it to happen.

Gotta watch a replay now! Next stop Lang Park!

Mushi
10-05-10, 06:34 AM
On the news this morning they are talking about how the knights were robbed of a try for that "sloppy" play the ball - he he makes up for last year hey!!! :P

TITAN PETE
10-05-10, 07:53 AM
On the news this morning they are talking about how the knights were robbed of a try for that "sloppy" play the ball - he he makes up for last year hey!!! :P

I think the word is Karma ;)

daveyk
10-05-10, 05:28 PM
Just got back from Melbourne, but what about those magical never say die Titans?!

Sure our defence seemed to be dodgy and you are all right saying the mistackles in unacceptable.

But with a never say die attitude, it keeps you in the match and with belief anything can happen. Also seems like we piled on the points. Great to see Toopi score two and that pass from Prince to Tomane was jaw dropping.

But it was also the highest losing margin for a team in NRL. And well, while that is an amazing figure. It isn't novel because we allowed it to happen.

Gotta watch a replay now! Next stop Lang Park!

sorry but can please explain this... i am a little lost on that one

Ryan
10-05-10, 05:43 PM
sorry but can please explain this... i am a little lost on that one
Highest losing score is what he meant - As in: no other team has scored 36 points and lost the game.

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 06:09 PM
Yea thanks for that Ryan, that is what I meant.

daveyk
10-05-10, 06:20 PM
right... now i get ya.. cheers

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 06:21 PM
OK I got to watch the game.

- Amazing run from Presto from the very kick off!

- Bailey was fantastic and has been in some blue chip form. Always there, always trying. What a leader he is for us.

- Also have to applaude how Luke got straight up after coping a highshot while Ben Cross had a good old whinge about copping one. Well done Luke!

- Our line defence wasn't anywhere near it's usual high standard. Really need to improve it against the Broncos. They will pile the pressure on us.

- Lots of Titans fans in the crowd! Well done to the fans who got out there. Seems like we have quite a supporter base in Newie.

- Great 40/20 from Scott Prince, our first for the season! We need more, alot more to come.

- I love Mead, but his airswing was "LOL" but he played well IMO. Great contortionism from him to score his try yet stay in the field of play.

- More good luck for the Titans at the kick off for the 2nd half, with the Knights knocking on!

- Well done to the Titans for scoring just before half time, something we dont do very often. Usually we let one in in 2-3 mins before half time.

- Mini scores a minute or two into the second half. What a turn around in a matter of minutes. Would have had Knights players and fans crapping.

- Preston is never afraid to bravely return the ball, full pelt and straight ahead into a wall of charging defenders. Inspirational stuff.

- Glad the interfence of Preston, accidential, and the subsequent Hendo NO TRY. Glad that didnt cost us a game. Would have been heart breaking.

AWESOME TO WIN AT NEWCASTLE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND TO WIN 3/3 IN NSW SO FAR IN 2010!

Supergoose
10-05-10, 08:18 PM
Pretty lucky escape and our defence on both sides was a little brittle. Newcastle have been fairly impressive in attack and we
will need to improve. I have no doubt our representatives were a little bit tired and that added to the pressure on the outside players.
I thought the mead try was brilliant and I know tomane's defence has been very questionable but there is no way I'd drop tomane before I dropped mead. Mead's effort on Vuna after Preston brought him to a stand still was pathetic, no-one to blame but himself. The knights wingers really out played ours. When we get a few of our centres back it will be interesting to see what changes get made. I reckon tomane on one wing will add a whole new dimension to our attack. Whether it's mead or Zillman that gets dropped I don't know bit it can't be tomane.