PDA

View Full Version : Alex ready for Titans grand final

DIEHARD
20-04-10, 11:19 PM
Alex ready for Titans grand final

http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2010/04/19/LNS_20-04-2010_SPORT_05_Alex_Grant_fct397x244x12x31_t325.jpg
Hard work paid off: Former Ballina Seagulls junior Alex Grant will play for the Titans in the under-16s grand final next weekend.

Jay CronanPERSISTENCE and hard work create consistency ? now Alex Grant looks set to play in the Gold Coast Titans? maiden grand final.

It may only be April and it may only be under-16s, but the Ballina Seagulls junior will be making every post a winner in the Cyril Connell Cup final next weekend.

Grant, who joined the Titans this year, has overcome a series of obstacles on his way to cementing his spot in the blue and gold No 6 jersey ? culminating with a starring performance in Saturday?s come-from-behind 30-24 semi-final victory over Souths Logan.

A natural halfback, the 15-year-old was dropped less than a month into the season as Kane Elgey won the battle for the No 7 shirt.

But spirited training and a refusal to give in forced coaching staff to give him another shot ? this time in the centres where he excelled before being moved closer to the ball. Over the last three matches, Grant has made the five-eighth position his own.

Titans coaching and development manager Gavin Judd has watched him every step of the way.

?Alex could have easily dropped his bundle with the setbacks early on,? Judd said.

?But his commitment has been unbelievable and he forced us to pick him again. Now he is playing some outstanding football in the halves.?

Another former Seagull, Jayden Jacky, has also left his mark on the Cyril Connell Cup from the wing.

The speedy three-quarter scored a double in the semi-final but faces the prospect of missing the grand final after being reported for a dangerous throw in the victory.

The Titans take on Norths Devils at Langlands Park, Brisbane, in the final on Saturday with the winner to take on the age group?s NSW counterparts ? the Harold Matthews Cup champions

Source: http://www.northernstar.com.au/

titansrawesome
21-04-10, 02:47 PM
where the hell is ballina seagulls, must be in ipswich or something, never seen jayden jackey or alex grant before.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
21-04-10, 02:49 PM
where the hell is ballina seagulls, must be in ipswich or something, never seen jayden jackey or alex grant before.

i would presume ballina

titansrawesome
21-04-10, 03:45 PM
i would presume ballina

all i know is the gold coast competition doesn't have a ballina in it.

titansrawesome
22-04-10, 07:09 AM
has anyone seen th under 16's play?

Walter
29-10-10, 09:53 PM

I think its Northern Rivers not 100% sure,Havent heard of these two players will be interesting to see if they make the MM squad for 2011.

Walter
30-10-10, 11:48 AM
I'm hearing Gold Coast Blue will have a very good big overall side in 2011,havn't heard much on the MM,but they will be up there.:gossip:

Turtle
30-10-10, 09:14 PM
Well the Titans have named their u18 MM squad and NO Grant but Jackey IS there!! :jawdrop:
I see there are a few other '94 boys as well. Good to see them get a go, but conspicuous by his absense is the big blonde guy, played front row in CC (unsure of his name). Does anyone know what is going on here???

Walter
31-10-10, 02:46 PM
Well the Titans have named their u18 MM squad and NO Grant but Jackey IS there!! :jawdrop:
I see there are a few other '94 boys as well. Good to see them get a go, but conspicuous by his absense is the big blonde guy, played front row in CC (unsure of his name). Does anyone know what is going on here???

Maybe he has been picked up by another club,or he could turn out for GC Green.

Turtle
06-11-10, 05:55 PM
Maybe he has been picked up by another club,or he could turn out for GC Green.

GC Green, they seem to be keeping their MM squad under wraps!! Haven't heard a thing about them yet. Does anyone know if this squad has been picked or more trials required? :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

thelwall
10-12-10, 10:06 PM
rofl hahah ballina is 1 hrs south of the nsw / qld border ... cant believe people dont know where it is

onlooker
10-12-10, 10:30 PM
"1 hrs" ???

lol

thelwall
11-12-10, 10:44 PM
sorry 1 hour