PDA

View Full Version : Titans 20's struggling

Age of Reason
20-04-10, 07:26 AM
Pattison's team struggling 4th last on ladder. Any solutions on offer?

titansrawesome
20-04-10, 08:05 AM
who cares? most of our youngsters get signed to the tigers and broncos anyway.

lonegull
20-04-10, 08:08 AM
Injuries to key forwards have crippled the NYC team, hopefully things will turn around and they can get the full strength team back on the park and field a full strength side, they have fielded a full strength side only once this year and beat the warriors who were early favourites to take the title

titanstattman
20-04-10, 09:57 AM

Are u for real? The u/20's are a part of the TITANS club and we should support the club as a hole. we all should care how the u/20's are going where do u think MEAD,GORDON and etc came from if it wasnt for the u/20's comp we prob wouldnt hav them in the side.

So we all should care and the club is not just about one team and maybe u should think about it be u say stupid crap like that.....

TITAN PETE
20-04-10, 10:48 AM

I do & that is a Stupid comment to make :boo:

As Doug said Mead & Gordon are both from the 20's & add Bodene Thompson & Will Mathews to the list.

Having our 20's without Ben Ridge,Dom Walsh,Ryan James, Cody Walker injured & Ronnie Alovilli suspended it would be hard for any team to play anywhere near their best :frown: ....could u imagine our 1st grade team running out on the field without Bailey,Laffranchi,Minni,Taga & Prince....we would get smacked by the Sharks :surprise:

daveyk
20-04-10, 02:42 PM
add esi tonga to the that list also...

titansrawesome
20-04-10, 04:53 PM

As Doug said Mead & Gordon are both from the 20's & add Bodene Thompson & Will Mathews to the list.

Having our 20's without Ben Ridge,Dom Walsh,Ryan James, Cody Walker injured & Ronnie Alovilli suspended it would be hard for any team to play anywhere near their best :frown: ....could u imagine our 1st grade team running out on the field without Bailey,Laffranchi,Minni,Taga & Prince....we would get smacked by the Sharks :surprise:

wow you completely misunderstood, i didnt say i didnt care about the players i said i didnt care how they were performing, kevin gordan and mead were on a pretty bad team last year and they were promoted and have been great.

Age of Reason
20-04-10, 07:02 PM
Good to see Creighton back for next game against Manly, for the first time this year. He was one of the teams best last season when they were struggling - along with Meskell last years Under 18's Player of the Year and the 20's top tackler when he played the latter half of the year. Haven't seen him this year?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
20-04-10, 07:26 PM
wow you completely misunderstood, i didnt say i didnt care about the players i said i didnt care how they were performing, kevin gordan and mead were on a pretty bad team last year and they were promoted and have been great.

haha your nearlly as bad as quinn:D or the nzkiwi guy who has been banned

titansrawesome
20-04-10, 07:41 PM
haha your nearlly as bad as quinn:D or the nzkiwi guy who has been banned

i give up there is no pleasing you people, i apparently have to agree with anything you guys say, i ant have a different opinion.

titanstattman
21-04-10, 06:33 PM
i give up there is no pleasing you people, i apparently have to agree with anything you guys say, i ant have a different opinion.

Tell me this if u support the titans and care about wat the NRL team does....

Why dont u care about the u/20's and how they are doing since they are part of the the titans club.. and thats where we will be look to the future of the club....

Im going to say it ur a dead set wanker

Sydney Titans Fanatic
21-04-10, 06:52 PM
Im going to say it ur a dead set wanker

well said dougy

titansrawesome
21-04-10, 08:11 PM
well said dougy

OK WHATEVER YOU GUYS THINK I DON'T REALLY CARE YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, I CAN SEE ALL GUYS ARE ONLY GOING TO TRY AND SLEDGE ME FROM NOW ON.

titanstattman
21-04-10, 11:55 PM

And why dont u care how they are performing??? Remembing they are a team PART of the club u support

OK WHATEVER YOU GUYS THINK I DON'T REALLY CARE YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, I CAN SEE ALL GUYS ARE ONLY GOING TO TRY AND SLEDGE ME FROM NOW ON.

WEN U WRITE STUPID CRAP LIKE ABOVE EVEN MY 4YR OLD GIRL COULD WORK U DONT CARE!!!!!!

titansrawesome
22-04-10, 07:37 AM
And why dont u care how they are performing??? Remembing they are a team PART of the club u support

WEN U WRITE STUPID CRAP LIKE ABOVE EVEN MY 4YR OLD GIRL COULD WORK U DONT CARE!!!!!!

ok sure mate everyone knows your the man and you know everything, i have already dropped it but it looks like some people can't drop stupid subjects like you, this is a forum not a debate center.

titanstattman
22-04-10, 07:48 AM
ok sure mate everyone knows your the man and you know everything, i have already dropped it but it looks like some people can't drop stupid subjects like you, this is a forum not a debate center.

Thats right so if u going to say sumthing like that be willing to add why in this case "U DONT CARE".

That u still have come up with a reason...

I will say i dont know everything but u are right i am the man.......:banana:

titansrawesome
22-04-10, 07:57 AM
Thats right so if u going to say sumthing like that be willing to add why in this case "U DONT CARE".

That u still have come up with a reason...

I will say i dont know everything but u are right i am the man.......:banana:

ok leave it at that, now what was the thread about again?

titanstattman
22-04-10, 07:59 AM
ok leave it at that, now what was the thread about again?

Its about a team of the titans who hav been struggling the past few weeks...

Pretty much the same wat we talk about wen the NRL side struggles

titansrawesome
22-04-10, 08:06 AM
Its about a team of the titans who hav been struggling the past few weeks...

Pretty much the same wat we talk about wen the NRL side struggles

is ryan tongia injured this week, didn't see him in starting XIII, i saw him at storm game and he is a beast

isaiah
25-04-10, 03:33 PM
need to call up some of their contracted 20's from the burleigh colts side who had a good win v one of the top teams, easts, yesterday.

just try a few, see if they are up to the rise in class

isaiah
25-04-10, 03:37 PM
unlike last year, the club did have a hard early season draw in this comp. i said elsewhere that they might only win 2 of their first 7 games.

isaiah
25-04-10, 08:36 PM

just a couple of mistakes here- mead has never played 20's and ridge is now too old

Tamwelg
25-04-10, 10:16 PM
just a couple of mistakes here- mead has never played 20's and ridge is now too old

You need to do your homework a little better. The following article will explain it for you.

Moore is no more after name change

Pat McLeod | December 23rd, 2008

SENSATIONAL Titans rookie David Moore is no more.

The 20-year-old who made a name for himself with an outstanding World Cup tournament for Papua New Guinea has decided to change his name.

"It is a family thing," the quiet youngster explained yesterday.

"Moore was my father's name. But I never knew him. He left when I was born. I decided to take the name of the people who have been my family since I was 12.

"So two weeks ago the paperwork came through. It is official, my name is David Mead."

The talented winger has been on the Titans radar for some years, but came to prominence this year with the club's Toyota Cup team. He impressed enough with his speed and ball skills to be selected for the PNG team in the rugby league World Cup.

Now he has his sights set on a Titans first grade call-up in 2009.

In the middle of this hectic sporting growth, Mead was also battling with an identity he wasn't comfortable with.

"I was born in Port Moresby and was given my father's name," he said.

"But I never knew him and spent those early years with my mother, Helen. When I was 12 my mother's sister and her husband, Kila and Steven Mead, moved to Lismore, Australia, and I came with them.

"I basically grew up with them and they have been my parents.

"They are the people I call mum and dad.

"For a number of years I have wanted to change my name, but for one reason or another it didn't happen.

"But when I got the paperwork the other week I rang them. They were really happy."

Mead said he still has a very close relationship with his biological mother and talks to her often.

"I am lucky, I suppose, that I have two people I call mum and am close to them both."

With his identity now settled, Mead is determined to claim a wing spot with the Titans, one of the most competitive positions in the club.

The Gold Coast have a glut of talent on the flanks and the former rugby union player knows he has a battle ahead to make his NRL debut.

"It will be tough, but I am determined to work hard at training and just do my best," he said.

"The aim in 2009 is to make my NRL debut and all I can do is work hard towards that."

The Titans squad will train this morning before taking a Christmas break until January 5.

www.goldcoast.com.au

titansrawesome
25-04-10, 10:27 PM
wheres kingi akaoloa playing these days, i reckon he was a big centre like tony williams in our juniors.

shamus
26-04-10, 10:36 AM
wheres kingi akaoloa playing these days, i reckon he was a big centre like tony williams in our juniors.

Kingi is too old for the 20's and plays with our feeder club Tweed. Although he has been missing for the past 2 weeks so unsure if he is injured or dropped.

AusFob2
08-05-10, 08:12 PM
Pattison's team struggling 4th last on ladder. Any solutions on offer?

Yeah get rid of Pattison. Sorry, he's obviously a great school boys coach but these are young men graduating into manhood wanting to play in a mans game. The time for school is over, the time for school teachers are over. A mentor for these young men needs to be able to offer them more than what they have already learned! I think they have gone backwards instead of forwards in there development.

isaiah
09-05-10, 01:51 PM
maybe the development needs to go a bit further than a few local high schools and the northern rivers.
they have been looking weaker and weaker each season on paper

Local
09-05-10, 05:23 PM
maybe the development needs to go a bit further than a few local high schools and the northern rivers.

Don't you mean ONE local high school mate? Gonna have to work on the field placements too by the look of things, gave up another half century to the Knights today. I also agree with a couple of comments on other threads in this forum. They're not playing in the 20 minute each way Arrive Alive Cup so they more than likely need a football coach, not a volunteer school teacher running the show and while he's potentially an absolute superstar, I don't think the addition of one player in Ryan James is gonna turn a whole team's season around, I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

titanfan1980
10-05-10, 08:20 PM
Don't you mean ONE local high school mate? Gonna have to work on the field placements too by the look of things, gave up another half century to the Knights today. I also agree with a couple of comments on other threads in this forum. They're not playing in the 20 minute each way Arrive Alive Cup so they more than likely need a football coach, not a volunteer school teacher running the show and while he's potentially an absolute superstar, I don't think the addition of one player in Ryan James is gonna turn a whole team's season around, I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

I agree changes to the team need to be made i honestly believe The Predator + CHOOSING THE RIGHT PLAYERS!!= season back on track ,some droppings need to be made in the team or these scores will continue good luck boys ill support no matter what

Local
22-05-10, 08:28 PM

Went and watched the Vikings Under 20's play the Brisbane 20's at Galleon Way today. Terrific performance by a very very well coached football team. Might do the Titans the world of good to have a good look in their own backyard before anywhere else. What was the catch phrase again, 'Buy back the farm?'....maybe have a look around the farm you already have guys

titansrawesome
22-05-10, 11:16 PM
Went and watched the Vikings Under 20's play the Brisbane 20's at Galleon Way today. Terrific performance by a very very well coached football team. Might do the Titans the world of good to have a good look in their own backyard before anywhere else. What was the catch phrase again, 'Buy back the farm?'....maybe have a look around the farm you already have guys

we have plenty of talent on the coast, i dont know why we dont have a decent look at our own guys.

titanfan1980
24-05-10, 01:34 PM

Hate to burst your bubble..but geez you do realise the team the vikings played doesnt consist of the colts under 20's from brisbane just local comp..i agree we need to look in our backyard alot more but the vikings under 20's is not the place to look, i know alot of the blokes in that side and theyd tell you themselves.. we already got depth at seagulls ipswich and burleigh colts, but the places to look is the schools i beleive..and not just the one