PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Harrison - 200 GAMES

Titan2007
06-04-10, 02:55 PM
Well done Ash :thumbsup:

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=24193&harrison-to-play-200th-game-against-storm

Sydney Titans Fanatic
06-04-10, 06:34 PM
well done harro 200 games

amaline
06-04-10, 08:06 PM
Good thing he missed that Raiders game, otherwise his 200th would have been in Townsville.

karnage
06-04-10, 08:08 PM
Good timing.

We need all the motivation we can get for this Saturday. They hsould let him lead the team out onto the pitch so the milestone gets the credit it deserves.

karnage
06-04-10, 08:08 PM
I mean Friday...:doh:

DIEHARD
07-04-10, 07:30 AM
Harrison stands up when the going gets tough

IT was ironic the Gold Coast Titans marked Ashley Harrison's 200 game milestone on the same day Darren Lockyer announced his representative intentions.

It was cruel. Because of Lockyer, Harrison barely rated a mention in the news.

It wouldn't have phased Harrison. Not in the slightest. The quietly spoken but articulate backrower has spent 10 years under the radar and is a walking advertisement for actions speaking louder than words.

Few probably realise but Harrison has a premiership ring (Brisbane Broncos) and six Origin jerseys to go with the 200 games he has played before turning 30.

That is a remarkable feat.

Harrison idolised Brad Fittler and Brad Clyde as a youngster and today he can comfortably stand in their shoes.

When the curtain comes down on his career, in five or so years time, Harrison deserves to be remembered as one of the leading backrowers and unquestionably one of the NRL's most consistent players.

"Everyone within our organisation knows what Harro brings and how tough he is," said coach John Cartwright.

"You really notice him in tight situations, when a side has a good win you don't see him as much but when toughness and grit is needed, he polls well with the players."

The 28-year-old's success comes down to attitude. He never thinks he is at the top of his game. Even yesterday after a weights session Harrison requested some painful boxing practice with Trevor Gillmeister.

"I am still learning stuff about myself, you still encounter things week in week out, you never think you are at the top."

Particularly with NRL players getting younger. "The young guys coming in are more confident than I have ever seen before, it's a game that keeps you on your toes.

"It's definitely not easier, every pre-season is as hard as before, mentally each year is tougher, the game gets quicker."

Harrison has found a long-term home back on the Gold Coast, in his home state.

"Going to Sydney as a 21-year-old with Souths was a good learning curve, I wouldn't change a thing, it has made me the player I am today, but coming back home to be close to the family and establish myself is nice."

Harrison was asked about his Origin thoughts yesterday. Barring injury Harrison should be one of the first names on the sheet alongside Lockyer, Johnathan Thurston and Cameron Smith.

The keen surfer though, like always, will just keep doing what he does best -- getting the job done quietly.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
07-04-10, 07:32 AM
Congratulations Ash. One of my favourite players ever since he was a Bronco. Delighted and proud to call him a Titan.

AmericanTitan
07-04-10, 07:33 AM
congrats Ash!!!

Cheer him loud for me on Friday everyone!