PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new Kangaroos coach?

DIEHARD
09-12-05, 09:01 PM
Who will be the new Kangaroos coach?

Vote for your suggestion.

DIEHARD
09-12-05, 09:07 PM
I think it will be Phil Gould. As I see no other NRL coaches willing to take on the role.

And Phil won't pass up the opportunity to stick it to Bennett.

Craig Bellamy would be my second guess, being assistant coach of the Kangaroos already.

Dragons
09-12-05, 09:14 PM
Who will be the new Kangaroos coach?

Vote for your suggestion.
Ya left out Mal :disgust:

Super Cronk
09-12-05, 10:08 PM
I voted bellamy because he is assistant coach. But then agian they might also want a revamp of assistant coach aswell. If its isnt bellamy then ill go gould followed by stuart.

DeeGan
09-12-05, 10:36 PM
I would go Phil Gould - a brilliant coach and master motivator of men who will continue on from Bennett in revitalising the international game. Gould was great at promoting Origin, he will be awesome in the same role.

DeeGan

League Freak
09-12-05, 10:39 PM
I voted for Stuart.

If we want someone that will take no crap...Stuart is the man for the job.

DIEHARD
09-12-05, 10:40 PM
If Gould becomes Kangaroos coach he had better stop referring to Great Britain and Ireland as England, like he constantly does in international telecasts. :laugh:

Super Cronk
09-12-05, 10:41 PM
If Gould becomes Kangaroos coach he had better stop referring to Great Britain and Ireland as England, like he constantly does in international telecasts. :laugh:

Well they will only be known as GB for one more year anyway wont they?

Moejoe
09-12-05, 11:03 PM
I voted on Bias for Stuart Raper, Being a sharks supporter, Although I think Ricky stuart May take up the posistion.

Regardless It will certainly be a major change in rugby league And without Bennet there perhaps some of the Younger yet better players will get a shot at representing thier Country, Rather thn the Broncos players.

DeeGan
09-12-05, 11:12 PM
Ricky Stuart will one day be the Australian coach, though I can't see that for 3-5 years. IMO I think he will be at the helm of the NSW side for some time yet though, he loves Origin and 2005 was only his first taste.

IF he did relinquish his post, Stuart is an ideal candidate.

DeeGan

DIEHARD
09-12-05, 11:20 PM
Yea I think Stuart will definitely be national coach in the not too distant future. He is a great tactical minded coach and has tremendous passion for the Kangaroos jersey.

Teegy
10-12-05, 07:22 AM
Ill vote bias to so Brownie gets my vote

Go_The_Doggies
10-12-05, 08:13 AM
Meh...whats the bet it will be stuart....but that means...the roosters can suck even more hehe:p
Its not like it bothers me anyway....but ya know....
What i think they should do, is get some unknown person, like we did, mind you bluey was a bit known after the batercard cup win....

Dakink
10-12-05, 09:09 AM
Thats a tough one.

Gould for mine would be the ideal candidate. Someone who will push the international barrow as well as coaching - as to his credit, did Bennett. Gould will not let the International game be over run by club interests - he is too big a figure for that.

After Gould I would like to see either Bellamy or Stuart get the gig. Both have the drive and desire to also see the Int. game develop and have the skill, drive and man management skills to succeed at the position.

The final choice (and a little bias) is Brown. Reason being that whilst he is still developing his skills as a coach, he has also always encouraged the development of his players and never whinged about players being called up for rep duty. I think he has the passion to help give the respect the position it deserves!

Queenslander
10-12-05, 10:24 AM
I voted for Bellamy who is doing a good job as assistant coach and getting good results at Melbourne. Plus the idea of Gould or Stuart coaching Australia makes me feel sick :dead:

DIEHARD
10-12-05, 12:32 PM
Bellamy would have to be favourite as the QRL won't support Gould.

Both parties, NSWRL and QRL would support Bellamy.

Steelers
10-12-05, 12:36 PM
Bellamy would have to be favourite as the QRL won't support Gould.

Both parties, NSWRL and QRL would support Bellamy.

As much as I love Queensland, I am annoyed at how the QRL always whinge and complain about selections. They whinge about the refs for origin, and now they will whinge about Gould as the Aussie coach.

Queenslander
10-12-05, 02:18 PM
As much as I love Queensland, I am annoyed at how the QRL always whinge and complain about selections. They whinge about the refs for origin, and now they will whinge about Gould as the Aussie coach.

Im glad they whinge, cause if they dont the NSWRL will always get their way.