PDA

View Full Version : `Mini' Titan still dreams in sky blue

DIEHARD
03-04-10, 09:38 AM
`Mini' Titan still dreams in sky blue

DREAMS of a maiden sky blue jumper have played a major role in Mark Minichiello's decision to remain a Gold Coast Titan for at least another two seasons.

The hard-running backrower yesterday confirmed he had signed a deal that will keep him at the club until the end of 2012 despite the fact he could have commanded more money if he tested the open market.

But Minichiello said the desire to realise his representative ambition and with wife Milena expecting the couple's first child in August, his priority was for stability.

"I am enjoying my football here and I didn't want to test the market, not at this stage of my career," said Minichiello.

"This is my fourth year here and I am really enjoying playing with the players up here.

"I think that comes in as a factor when you are trying to push for representative selection.

"Knowing all the players around you brings the best football out in you.

"It is no secret that I have got ambitions to play Origin for NSW.

"If that happens then that is great."

Minichiello's re-signing rules out any chance of the City Origin player being involved in a player swap for homesick Bulldogs Ben Hannant at season's end.

Minichiello and Luke Bailey were two of the Coast's big names tossed up by the rumour mill as possible replacements early last month.

Titans boss Michael Searle has said he would not be involved in a player trade unless the player wished to leave the club and move to Sydney.

Bailey has also ruled out a return to Sydney, saying the only way that would happen was if he rejoined former club St George Illawarra.

"Sydney is a big drawcard for us because all of our families are there," said Minichiello, who holds an Italian passport and could decide to finish his career in the Super League when his current contract expires.

"But in saying that, we moved up here for a clean start and we have really adopted the attitude that we are going to come up here and enjoy our time.

"At the moment we are happy to stay up here."

Minichiello said his immediate focus was putting in a big performance against the Cowboys in Townsville on Saturday.

"They have got a big pack and we have really got to combat that again this week," he said.

"Last week the Raiders had a big pack and I thought we did a great job against them.

"It is going to be tough going into a game in North Queensland without your captain.

"But we did it (won without Scott Prince) last year and I think we can do it again."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

DIEHARD
03-04-10, 09:59 AM
I would love to see Mini play Origin. His form has been great so far this year. I'm glad we resigned him. One of our foundation players!

Sydney Titans Fanatic
04-04-10, 06:52 PM
i would love to watch him play state of origin but if he does it wont be good for qld

Supergoose
04-04-10, 08:04 PM
I'd love mini to play origin. I'm a qld supporter and I'm sure the cheap ball he hands over will be greatly appreciated by the maroons. Someone needs to show him how to carry the ball because it comes out far too regularly for an nrl starter.

Coaster
04-04-10, 08:20 PM
I'd love mini to play origin. I'm a qld supporter and I'm sure the cheap ball he hands over will be greatly appreciated by the maroons. Someone needs to show him how to carry the ball because it comes out far too regularly for an nrl starter.

:laugh: :laugh:

I have to agree

teke
05-04-10, 03:03 PM
Mini is like Watmough in alot of ways, hard good line running, very tough to tackle and can lose the ball a million times a game one week then follow up with a blinder the next week.