PDA

View Full Version : Round 10: Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
27-03-10, 04:05 PM
Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/Jobdog/Rugby%20League%202010/nrl2010-r10her-brigco.jpg

BRONCOS

TBA

TITANS

TBA

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 02:17 AM
This is the game we have been waiting for. And the Broncos have just hit scorching form against the Storm. Will they employ their game plan they used against Inglis against us?

Can we shut down Folau who has been the bane of us in recent time?

This is the game I have been waiting all year for. It's nearly as big as Origin and every game is always edge of your seat material.

Adelaide Titan
10-05-10, 02:32 AM
lets beat these scum!!!

Titans are in some great form, need to patch up our defence though for this game coz Brisbane are capable of scoring lots of points.

Titans by 4

Boofhead
10-05-10, 12:19 PM
Pressure game for the donkeys... They could easily slide out of top 8 contention in the coming weeks due to origin... Expect them to be fired up.

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 12:43 PM
Yep the Broncos react well to pressure. They'll be tough to beat.

Thaiday has been in ridiculous form from the get of of the season, from the All-Stars game.

But I think we have a better and more complete team over the park and if our speedsters can get away, they won't be caught.

Boofhead
10-05-10, 12:56 PM
Yep the Broncos react well to pressure. They'll be tough to beat.

Thaiday has been in ridiculous form from the get of of the season, from the All-Stars game.

But I think we have a better and more complete team over the park and if our speedsters can get away, they won't be caught.

At the same time I don't think we have too much to worry about...

The Broncos team taking the field this year literally looks like a bunch of donkeys! If we thought we had problems in our defence you just need to look at their back five and sympathise with them.

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 01:33 PM
Yea... but they smashed a Smithless Storm... still a team better on paper. Cronk, Slater, Inglis... A Smithless Storm is like a Fittlerless Roosters or a Johnless Knights.

But a Princeless Titans means wins over Manly and Melbourne!

I just want this win so badly. It's time for revenge over the Broncos for last year. We can beat em and send them on their way towards a downward spiral and into the Origin period.

Mushi
10-05-10, 02:01 PM
One thing I find with the titans is they seem to aim up for the big games ie storm at home, manly away and am sure this will be the case this week against the broncos. its a big game for both teams and fans alike and am feeling confident our boys can get the win over them this friday night!

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 02:06 PM
There are still tickets available in the Away Supporter Bay (Titans Bay). Join the Titans Army!

titansrawesome
10-05-10, 04:25 PM
i have an interesting and dangerous stat, folou has scored 9 tries in 3 games against us.

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 05:00 PM
It's a devastating statistic. Him and Thaiday are the danger men.

I hope we smash Folau, my opinion of him is at an all time low.

Tamwelg
10-05-10, 05:20 PM
I hope we smash Folau, my opinion of him is at an all time low.

Why is that?

DIEHARD
10-05-10, 05:41 PM
The way he has carried on. Gone to Brisbane for family and lifestyle and thrown himself on the market for the biggest bucks.

But more to the point, his brainless comments at the NRL All Stars training appearance at Blacktown. Saying he hopes AFL prospers in Western Sydney. When the event was aimed at battling AFL.

karnage
10-05-10, 07:57 PM
When it comes to Folau - BIRD IS THE WORD!!

His defence is outstanding and even yesterday when we were tackling like turnstiles he still aimed up and got the job done. Carty should just tell him to shadow Folau and hit him HARD whenever he even looks like getting the ball.

There are 2 reasons why I reckon Sunday's result in Melbourne was fantastic for us:
1. It should ensure an extra 5 or 10 thousand through the gate with the positive feelings for the team.
2. The young kids will go into the game over confident and ripe for the picking - we all saw what happened when they went to Canberra after their big win over the Cowboys...

Super confident for this one. A win in this will put us 5 wins ahead of Brisbane and absolutely cement a ladder top position coming out of the bye.

titansrawesome
10-05-10, 08:04 PM
The way he has carried on. Gone to Brisbane for family and lifestyle and thrown himself on the market for the biggest bucks.

But more to the point, his brainless comments at the NRL All Stars training appearance at Blacktown. Saying he hopes AFL prospers in Western Sydney. When the event was aimed at battling AFL.

i very much agree, he is a snake in the grass IMO with this afl stuff, also i don't like him scoring heaps against us.

TITAN PETE
11-05-10, 03:49 PM
FRIDAY
Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans

Brisbane Broncos: Josh Hoffman, Antonio Winterstein, Alex Glenn, Israel Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Darren Lockyer ?, Peter Wallace, Shane Tronc, Ben Hunt, Lagi Setu, Ben Te'o, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange from: Gerard Beale, Matt Gillett, Mitchell Dodds, Nick Kenny, Corey Norman.

Gold Coast Titans: Preston Campbell, David Mead, Clinton Toopi, Joseph Tomane, Kevin Gordon, Greg Bird, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Brad Meyers, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Michael Henderson, Sam Tagataese, Matt White, William Zillman.

DIEHARD
11-05-10, 06:17 PM
Wallace is back? Bloody hell. Should have expected it.

jimbeam06
11-05-10, 07:46 PM
Far out guys we have some guns as well :thumbsup:

Boofhead
11-05-10, 07:52 PM
Preston is in doubt with a medial knee injury... I reckon he will play though.

We will need him in this one, he has given us so much ticker this year!

daveyk
11-05-10, 07:54 PM
i wonder if carty will start them this week like he did on sunday... moving bord up the front

lonegull
11-05-10, 08:12 PM
brisbane have a few key players back, and after there win on the weekend there confidence will be sky high, one thing in the titans favour is that with these players back they might need the run before hitting their straps

Sydney Titans Fanatic
11-05-10, 09:49 PM
brisbane with a few of the key players back could be hard to beat

DIEHARD
11-05-10, 09:52 PM
Gotta have Bird up front for the early game venom. Then do the switcheroo with Preston.

Next thing the Broncos will dust off Hodges!

daveyk
11-05-10, 10:04 PM
Gotta have Bird up front for the early game venom. Then do the switcheroo with Preston.

Next thing the Broncos will dust off Hodges!

hodges is a disgrace..... :laugh:

Chaos
11-05-10, 10:24 PM
Broncos will field their strongest side this year.
Not only do there get three of their big names back, in Wallace, Kenny and Winterstien...they also bring Gillette back on the bench...I got wraps on this guy.

I reckon we get up in Folau's face and hit Lockyer's runners...leave Lockyer with the ball...he likes to pass in his old age and wont run far with ball in hand...I'd doubt weather he'll run near Bird at all.

This is one big weekend of Rugby League!

DIEHARD
11-05-10, 10:37 PM
Triple threat Broncos return

Peter Wallace, Matt Gillett and Antonio Winterstein are back to bolster the Broncos ahead of Friday night’s showdown with the Gold Coast Titans.

The Suncorp Stadium clash between the two south-east Queensland rivals will kick-off an explosive Heritage Round ahead of State of Origin selection early next week. Halfback Wallace and first-year utility Gillett missed three weeks with identical knee injuries suffered against Cronulla in Round Six.

Winger Winterstein has missed two weeks with a hamstring injury and will return on the left flank.

Prop Nick Kenny, originally named last week before withdrawing the day before the big 36-14 upset win over the Storm, hopes to return Friday from a calf injury.

The big returns coincide with hardworking lock Corey Parker’s 200th NRL match.

After debuting as a prop in 2001, the versatile Parker has become a valuable goal-kicking lock forward.

The young Broncos were glowing after comprehensively defeating a star-studded Melbourne side in their first outing at new home AAMI Park.

Unfortunately with the four regular first graders returning for the Titans game, Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak could find no room for rookies Dale Copley and Michael Spence to back up from last week’s heroics.

Corey Norman, who shone in the halves on Sunday, has been named 18th man for this weekend.

Regular halfback Wallace resumes his duties against the Titans while Ben Hunt, as he did against Storm, will play hooker.

Prop Scott Anderson suffered an elbow ligament injury against Melbourne and will miss the next three weeks.

Lagi Setu pushes up into the front row while utility back and occasional dummy-half Gerard Beale is the first member of a five man bench.

Fullback Josh Hoffman spent most of the second half against Melbourne on his way to hospital with fears he had broken ribs.

However scans cleared the young custodian of serious injury and he declared himself a “certain starter” on the Broncos website.

Titans expect tussle

The Gold Coast Titans will prepare for a tough match, with two of the last four meetings between the clubs at Suncorp Stadium finishing in golden point wins to Brisbane.

The Titans will also have memories of the last meeting between the clubs in which Brisbane ran out 40-32 winners at Skilled Park in week one of the 2009 finals.

Coach John Cartwright again named an unchanged 17 as his side chase their fourth consecutive victory.

Last week the Titans won a high-scoring thriller 38-36 against the Knights in Newcastle to share the competition lead with St George-Illawarra.

Preston Campbell suffered a minor knee injury but is expected to be fit for the Broncos on Friday night.

The match is expected to attract a large crowd ahead of Round 11 byes for both clubs.

http://sportsaustralia.com/

DIEHARD
11-05-10, 10:37 PM
Corey Parker prepares for 200th NRL game

He's got more hair and less beef than the bald headed teenager who scored a try on debut for Brisbane in 2001 but Corey Parker has proved himself to be one of rugby league's most adaptable players.

The 28 year-old forward, who has re-invented himself as the game has evolved, brings up his 200th NRL game against the Gold Coast on Friday night in close to the best form of his career.

"When I first started I had a shaved head and a slightly bigger frame but the game was different back then," said Parker.

"Looking back I wouldn't want it any other way, they were two pretty fair guys to learn some traits off."

Parker said the athleticism and endurance of the players these days was a lot better than it was when he first started out.

The game isn't the only thing that has changed.

Parker has gone from a beefy 108kg goal-kicking prop, to a second-rower who played for Queensland to a mobile 80-minute lock who's now firmly back in the State of Origin picture again.

He's still playing alongside Darren Lockyer and has seen several star Broncos call it a day.

Parker said having spent all his time playing in the company of someone of the calibre of Lockyer had been "special".

"When I came into first grade 10 years ago playing alongside some of those guys I looked up to and had idolised as a young kid, a lot of those players are finished now," he said.

"To have played that whole time with Locky, you get to appreciate and respect the type of player he is playing alongside side him every week.

"All the young guys coming through now like the Corey Normans and Ben Hunts who are only 18, they're playing alongside Locky which is something they probably never thought they'd do and something which will prove invaluable for them and their careers.

Parker is keen to see out his career at the Broncos as a one club player and said reaching the 200 mark was a big moment.

"It's a huge milestone for me personally," said Parker.

"I've said it before, I live and breath the Broncos, it would be great to finish here."

Parker's switch from the back-row to lock in 2009 proved a masterstroke by coach Ivan Henjak.

He had an outstanding season as Brisbane climbed out of a deep hole to make the finals and was a unanimous choice as the club's player-of-the-year.

"Corey has been quite durable over the years," said Broncos coach Ivan Henjak.

"I think he was 108 kilos at one stage and looked like a fat rolly polly but now he's down to 98 kilos and is lean and mean.

"He's been durable and adaptable. The amount of work he can do and the minutes he plays, not many players can do that."

Source: http://www.smh.com.au

Chaos
11-05-10, 10:49 PM
Parkers 200th might come in our favour...hopefully he gets the ball more then Thaiday and Folau.

DIEHARD
12-05-10, 12:30 AM
Titan Presto hits stumbling block

GOLD Coast Titan's game breaker Preston Campbell is in doubt to line up against the Broncos on Friday night after suffering medial ligament damage during the clubs narrow win over Newcastle at the weekend.

Campbell sent an injury scare through the Titans camp in the wake of the 38-36 victory, with Gold Coast staff rating him long odds to back up against Brisbane given the short turnaround.

But the pocket dynamo said yesterday he was hopeful the knee injury would improve sufficiently to allow him to take his place in the side.

I have got a bit of a strain, one of the Newcastle boys landed on it in a tackle and it pulled up a bit dodgy after the game once I started to cool down a bit, said Campbell.

But it is feeling all right today. It has already freed up a little bit more with some work from the physio.

The Titans will be desperately hoping Campbell can get himself fit for Friday nights grudge match against Brisbane, with the evergreen 33-year-old currently in the form of his life.

Campbell has provided the spark for the Titans to post hoodoo-busting victories on the road against Manly and Newcastle in recent weeks, with his effort against the Knights moving Titans coach John Cartwright to suggest the crowd favourite wouldnt look out of place in a blue No.7 jersey for the opening State of Origin clash in two weeks.

Campbell, whose effort against the Knights earned him a spot on this weeks shortlist alongside Greg Bird and Clinton Toopi in voting for the Bulletins Titans Fans Player of the Year award, is the only major injury concern for the Titans ahead of the southeast Queensland blockbuster.

The Titans have a terrible record at Suncorp Stadium, having won just one game from six appearances at the Brisbane venue, and while the Broncos have been woeful in 2010, Campbell said their victory over the Storm at the weekend proved they could not be taken lightly.

It is pretty important that we turn up in defence, said Campbell.

We pride ourselves on defence but we lacked a little bit against the Knights.

We were happy to get away with the two points but it was disappointing to leak so many points.

In a way we were lucky, because usually if a side scores 36 points you are on the other end of the result.

They have been calling the Broncos the baby Broncos but they cant now after what they did to Melbourne.

They put 30-odd points on one of the best defensive sides, so we definitely have to tighten things up.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
12-05-10, 12:32 AM
One win from six appearances, that is shocking, shocking.

Let's make a change to that this Friday night!

Hope Pesto turns out, we need him.

DIEHARD
13-05-10, 04:09 AM
Lockyer's heavy rep load may make him target in Broncos, Titans derby

Gold Coast Titans plan to test out Darren Lockyer's engine in his third game in seven days when they visit Brisbane Broncos for their NRL derby at Suncorp Stadium.

But Titans skipper Scott Prince says his side won't fall into the trap of targeting Brisbane's champion playmaker.

Lockyer, 33, has played 160 minutes of rugby league in the past week, guiding the Kangaroos to a hard-fought victory over New Zealand in his 51st Test in Melbourne before steering a young Broncos outfit to a 34-16 upset over Melbourne 48 hours later.

Prince warned it would be easy to lose focus and drift away from a game plan by targeting a player of Lockyer's class.

"It would be nice to get his work rate up because of all the footy he's played to take some polish off his attack," Prince told AAP.

"Teams do that to me and to all the ball players in opposition teams.

"But we won't be going out there just to run at Darren Lockyer."

Prince said Lockyer had stepped his game up in recent weeks after copping some criticism.

"He's a champion player, a champion bloke. Darren Lockyer always rises above all the critics," he said.

"That's the type of bloke he is and you learn to expect that of him.

"He's not getting any younger, like all of us, but the thing about him is he steps up at the right time.

"He's composed, he's a winner. He knows what needs to be done to win football matches and that's hard to find.

"What he's lost in speed and strength ... you just can't find that certain something special he has that wins games."

Lockyer, still adjusting to fatherhood since the recent birth of his first child, Sunny, said his body was holding up despite the demands of so much football.

"Last week was a good week with two wins (Test and Storm)," he said.

"There's been a few weeks where it hasn't been that great for us but body is good and the mind is good."

Lockyer put in the hard yards during the off-season to prepare himself for the demands of playing club and representative football in 2010.

"I got myself as fit as I could in the pre-season and physically things haven't been a problem," he said.

Lockyer said there was a "good feel" in the camp following last weekend's win over Melbourne, who may have crashed emotionally after their salary-cap dramas.

"We know the Titans are sitting top of the table and playing some good footy so it's going to be a big test," he said.

Prince said the Titans had addressed an unexpected drop off in defensive intensity which almost cost them two points against Newcastle last weekend.

"Our attitude in defence last week was missing and that was out of character for us," he said.

"It's been the cornerstone of our wins (Manly, Penrith and Newcastle Knights) but we've addressed it this week and hopefully we'll rectify it on Friday night."

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

DIEHARD
13-05-10, 04:11 AM
Broncos And Titans Talk Rivalry

WOW Brisbane Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen and Captain Darren Lockyer have met with their coastal counterparts ahead of the Friday night clash.

In front of a packed house at the Broncos Annual Lunch, Cullen and Lockyer sat alongside Gold Coast Titans CEO Michael Searle and Captain Scott Prince in honour of the traditional local derby.

“The focus about these games is the local derby contest,” said Cullen.

“We’re not only good for each other with regard to bringing out the best in each other on the field but its also good in a business sense as well.”

Despite the CEO’s readiness to talk up the contest, the club captains were focused on their own game.

“One win doesn’t necessarily get our season back on track we’ve still got a bit of catching up to do,” said Lockyer of the upset win over the Melbourne Storm.

The Broncos host their South-East Queensland rivals this Friday night at Suncorp Stadium.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW (http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25589&broncos-and-titans-talk-rivalry)

Source: Broncos

curly_11
13-05-10, 11:43 AM
Gold Coast Titans concern as centre Clinton Toopi leaves training with injury
From staff writers
May 13, 2010 .Gold Coast Titans have suffered a blow on the eve of the local derby against Brisbane, with veteran centre Clinton Toopi going down injured at training.

The former New Zealand international wasn't able to complete the Titans final training session on Thursday and was seen limping off the park with what appeared to be a leg injury.

Toopi was thrown a lifeline by the Gold Coast this season after four years away from the NRL.

more to follow

www.foxsports.com.au

Boofhead
13-05-10, 11:47 AM
That is terrible news, he did a fantastic job at filling the hole that was left open.

Atkins? O'Dwyer? Zillman?

Boofhead
13-05-10, 12:19 PM
Preston Campbell fit for Broncos clash; Clinton Toopi out
Jeremy Pierce | May 13, 2010 11:27AM

THE Titans got good news and bad news at their final training session before the southeast Queensland derby clash with the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night.

Popular veteran Preston Campbell (knee) trained strongly and was passed fir to take on Brisbane.

Centre Clinton Toopi was ruled out because of a strained calf muscle with coach John Cartwright blaming the short turnaround from Sunday's clash with Newcastle.

Josh Graham was named in the centres to replace Toopi and will play his first NRL game since breaking his foot in the semi-final against the Broncos last year.

The Courier Mail

Boofhead
13-05-10, 12:20 PM
Well that answers that... Any QLD Cup guru's got word on Grahams form?

TITAN PETE
13-05-10, 12:25 PM
Grahams defense was always good in the past & it will need to be against Filou...

I hope Josh grabs his chance in 1st grade with both hands & has a blinder :fist:

Ryan
13-05-10, 12:35 PM
Grahams defense was always good in the past & it will need to be against Filou...

I hope Josh grabs his chance in 1st grade with both hands & has a blinder :fist:
Yeh he was pretty tough too, didn't mind putting his body on the line.
Did alot of dirty work for us last year.

curly_11
13-05-10, 03:37 PM
I dont mind graham not the best attacking weapon but he is more reliable in defence.

Whats the go with Kingi and Marshall Chalk? Anyone see them play lately?

titanstattman
13-05-10, 03:56 PM
Josh has been called up to take the spot......

Also i hope carty does not start Bird in lock like last week.... I think that move is only best wen the opp forwards are starting to slow.. and that bring pesto up to 5/8 nd bird out to lock

Coaster
13-05-10, 04:06 PM
I think he started with Bird at lock because Lafrancri and Mino were a bit dusty from City Country game.

I expect to see Presto at the back to start the game.

Broncos are garbage, but expect them to play there best against us. Will be a cracker

titanstattman
13-05-10, 04:09 PM
I think he started with Bird at lock because Lafrancri and Mino were a bit dusty from City Country game.

Broncos are garbage, but expect them to play there best against us. Will be a cracker

He started them like that cause it was very hot down there

Coaster
13-05-10, 04:14 PM
He started them like that cause it was very hot down there

Hot!! i forget what that is, i cant even get a hot coffee here, :cry: :cry:

TITAN PETE
13-05-10, 04:17 PM
Hot!! i forget what that is, i cant even get a hot coffee here, :cry: :cry:

But the Beer is always Cold down there mate :fist:

MightyTitans
13-05-10, 05:30 PM
the most worrying thing about going against the broncos is folau especially after not being picked for australia.. he always seems to score like 3 tries against us every game..

I reckon wallace and lockyer will put up the high ball or cross field kicks all night..

it will be a very tight game in my opinion

DIEHARD
13-05-10, 05:58 PM
Carry said on Tv that he did that cause of the rep duty.

Shame about Toopi. But Graham won't let us down. And might be good tonic to shut down Folau. We have weapons all over the park. We just need to shut down theirs. His leap will be deadly. Gotta keep the Broncos as down field as possible.

Just collected my tickets! I am SO excited. This is the game I always dreamed about whn we were fightingfor a team.

And let's not forget that the Broncos were a major reason why the Chargers got punted! SEQLD Exclusivity clause!! Wiped us out. Then spent a decade doing nothing to foster RL outside Brisbane

This game personal!!! Destroy them Titans!!! DESTROY!!!

DIEHARD
13-05-10, 05:59 PM
P.s yes yea please start Bird at 5/8th!! >: )

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 04:00 AM
Tallis: Titans pack a punch

FORMER Broncos firebrand Gorden Tallis believes the Titans deserve to be considered a premiership force on the back of one of the most dominant forward packs in the NRL.

In a remarkable turnaround, Tallis predicted the Gold Coast would make a genuine impact in 2010, just months after branding the Titans forwards too small and out of their depth in finals footy.

Tallis launched a stinging attack on the Titans just days out from the club's historic home semi-final against Brisbane at Skilled Park last September.

But as they prepare for the re-match at Suncorp Stadium tonight, Tallis said he had been impressed by the Titans' toughness over the first nine rounds and felt they were building towards something special.

"If I can break it all down and say what is different about them this year it is that they are just tougher," said Tallis.

"They are building an aura about them.

"Last year they didn't have that but this year they are getting it.

"They beat Manly, beat Melbourne and pushed St George.

"You judge a good footy side on who are the more consistent sides in the comp, for me that is St George and Melbourne and I think Manly are the dark horse.

"So the Titans have gone toe to toe with the three big heavyweights.

"You prove yourself by beating the good sides and they have done that."

The former Queensland and Test enforcer was deep inside Titans territory yesterday in his role as a Max Employment ambassador at the Gold Coast Careers Expo at the Convention Centre.

"It is not that it has shocked me, because I always knew they had talented players," said Tallis.

"I have never once said they were not physically tough but mentally they are playing for the full 80 minutes.

"They have always been a very fit side.

"I think Sam Tagataese adds that bit of size and variation and Greg Bird has also been tremendous on the edge of the ruck, he has added that bit of X-factor."

Titans forward leader Luke Bailey said the recognition of his troops' efforts in the middle of the park was long overdue.

"For the past 18 months we have been towards the top of the table and you need good forwards to do that," said Bailey.

He said they would be out to assert their newfound dominance against the Broncos.

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 04:03 AM
Meyers looking forward

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2010/05/13/plenty-more-hits.jpg

TITANS cult hero Brad Meyers has declared 'retirement is not an option' as he hunts a new multi-year deal to remain on the Gold Coast.

The 30-year-old foundation forward is off contract at the end of this season but the bearded veteran is adamant it will not be his last.

In a sign that Meyers is serious about staying in the NRL, he has employed teammate Scott Prince's long-time manager Steve Robinson.

Meyers has handled his own affairs in recent seasons but said the move to get Robinson working on his behalf was so he could concentrate more on playing good footy.

"Retirement is not an option," said Meyers.

"I wouldn't mind playing at least a couple more years.

"I am really enjoying playing and I like to think I can keep going for a while yet."

Meyers will line up against the Broncos tonight, the club at which he made his first grade debut a decade ago.

The 190cm, 110kg giant has been in sensational form for the Titans so far this season and is a key reason why the Gold Coast are joint competition leaders after the opening nine rounds.

Meyers has been part of a pack that has not only matched it but often dominated opposition big men in 2010.

"I think it is starting to come together even better this year," said Meyers.

"You have to have a little laugh at people who say we are too small and all that kind of stuff. We don't think of ourselves as that and I sure as hell know we don't play that way."

But the nature of the NRL salary cap means the Gold Coast pack is in danger of splintering, with fellow forwards Matt White, Sam Tagataese and Aaron Cannings also off contract at year's end.

Titans boss Michael Searle said he hoped to enter into talks with Meyers within the next month.

"We would like to be able to keep the squad together," said Searle. "But it is a very real challenge (to fit them all under the salary cap)."

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 04:06 AM
Prince happy to talk up Broncos bout

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2010/05/13/scott-prince-pass-13510.jpg

SCOTT Prince may be sick of all the talk about his representative chances but the crafty Titans skipper has no problems talking of the importance surrounding tomorrow night's NRL clash with the Broncos.

There is more than just two competition points on offer, with Prince yesterday rating the Heritage Round stoush with Big Brother Broncos the one match you have no problem getting up for.

"It's got a bit more gloss than a normal club game," said Prince of the Titans' matches with Brisbane.

"I think it's between a club game and a rep game, everyone seems to lift, especially on a ground like Suncorp Stadium."

Despite the rivalry between Brisbane and the Titans being in its infinancy, there was a long-standing feud between the Broncos and the Gold Coast, stemming way back to 1988 when they joined the then Winfield Cup in the same season as the now-defunct Giants.

While the Giants became the Seagulls, later changing to the Chargers before the Coast's nine-year hiatus from the national competition, one thing that never changed was that rivalry.

And with league gaining plenty of negative publicity in the opening two months of the season, through salary cap accusations levelled at the Titans, to player salaries and the furore surrounding the Storm's breaches, according to Prince this clash could not have come at a better time.

"When you're playing against the Broncos the Heritage Rounds are the best and you think back to the days when those teams played against each other," said Prince, himself a former Bronco who left the club in 2003.

"For mine, you're always thankful of this game. With the amount of bad publicity we have had -- we certainly need this round.

"Everyone's looking forward to it, I'm no different and while I am a player, I'm also a league fan.

"I will be looking forward to getting a win tomorrow night but also kicking back Saturday and Sunday and watching other teams run around."

And if the Heritage Round has him excited, so too does the form of his squad.

"We have worked hard on team and personal goals and what we needed to achieve.

"Even when we are behind on the scoreboard everyone's not losing their lollies.

"They're all composed behind the line, there's not a lot of jibberish talk -- we seem to stick to our game plan a lot more throughout the match and there's no focus lost on what we need to do to get the win."

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 04:08 AM
Peter Wallace says Broncos can emulate 2009 Eels with late charge to NRL grand final

RETURNING halfback Peter Wallace is adamant the Broncos can replicate the "Electric Eels" of 2009 by mounting a better-late-then-never title raid.

Ahead of Friday night's derby against the Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium, Wallace has moved to soften his 13th-placed club's predicament.

And while Brisbane don't have Jarryd Hayne to light up their bold finals bid after a horror start to 2010, they do have strike weapon Justin Hodges still in cotton wool.

"Are we back? Ask me in a month and I'll tell you," the star No. 7 said.

"No way have we written the season off, there's a lot of footy to go.

"Parramatta showed that last year, they were busted until after Origin last year, anything can happen. We go out there every week, trying to do our best."

Wallace declared the club's situation less stressful than last year's horrendous mid-season slump that Brisbane emerged from in stunning fashion to gallop to the preliminary finals.

"They've both been pretty hard times but I think last year was actually harder," Wallace said.

"For the blokes who went through it last year, you know if you keep working hard like we did last year, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

"Things do turn around like they did last year. Hopefully that'll happen this week.

"You don't want to make excuses but if you can take a positive out of it, it's that we've been able to blood a few of the young blokes and give them a shot in first grade."

The besieged Broncos' spirits have soared since last Sunday's shock 36-14 win in Melbourne.

The return of several stars players, headlined by Wallace, has added to the optimism ahead of an acid test against second-placed Gold Coast.

Wallace has also rubbished speculation of widespread discontent among the club's playing and coaching staff amid a horror start to 2010.

"You don't hear about any of that when the team's winning, do you?" Wallace said.

"It's the same with any footy team. As soon as you see a team going bad, there's always stuff being said, no one is happy. None of that is true.

"There was no secret we were going through a bad patch there but all the boys get on great, the coaching staff is great, everything is fine. We just haven't been going too well on the field.

"It's not real easy when you go through a bad patch. It's always hard. Training is harder, playing the game is harder, when you're winning everything is sweet.

"But everyone's been working hard and the attitude has been great. All the boys get along great as well."

Fullback Josh Hoffman (ribs) trained strongly on Thursday and is a certain starter.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 04:10 AM
Thousands Of Tickets Still Available

With just over 24 hours until kick off there are still thousands of tickets available for the WOW Brisbane Broncos Heritage Round local blockbuster against the Gold Coast Titans.

Be there to witness the annual showdown live at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night, as Darren Lockyer and Scott Prince fight it out for this year's bragging rights.

Tomorrow night's game also marks Corey Parker's 200th first grade game for the Broncos, a major milestone for any player.

Players from both teams will be trying to prove they're worthy of Origin selection, so it promises to be a ferocious battle.

Gates will open at 5pm, with the under 20's taking the field at 5.20pm. All the main game action will then burst onto the field at 7.30pm.

The XXXX Bitter Angels will be performing during the pre-match entertainment, and the most passionate Broncos and Titans supporters will be invited to participate in the XXXX Bitter Can Relay.

One lucky person in the crowd will also win a 50-inch Panasonic television, courtesy of WOW Sight and Sound.

With plenty of tickets still available, NRL junior passes will definitely be accepted at the gates tomorrow night.

Source: Broncos

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 02:24 PM
Taped-up Broncos return for derby

There is a scene in Billy Birmingham's 12th Man when the sticky tape holding together notoriously brittle West Australian left-arm quick, Bruce Reid, comes unstuck. The consequences on his health are dire. As he approaches the delivery stride, he snaps in half.

Things aren't quite that bad at Red Hill. In saying that, the strapper for the Brisbane Broncos may have had to call in extra help to apply the miles of tape to the legs of players as they put the final polish on preparations for tonight's derby against the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium.

Knees - ironically, the Achilles heel of the Broncos injury front this season - were the popular choice. Thankfully, this time the layers of tape were neither keeping the pieces in place nor preventing them from bursting apart.

Advertisement: Story continues belowIt's more of a preventative measure, insists coach Ivan Henjak, who has every reason to be overcautious given the number of ligaments and tendons that have stretched or snapped like rubber bands in 2010.

Even with Justin Hodges and his bung knee eating a burger at the traditional pre-game barbecue, there was still enough protective adhesive on teh training paddock to hold together the Storey Bridge. Matt Gillett, the utility player who trained at fullback, was one patient, as was the returning Peter Wallace.

Antonio Winterstein bucked the trend with a strapped thigh but Jharal Yow Yeh had things back on track, with the knee he injured in the pre-season All Star game given ample support.

"There's a bit of super glue and tape. It doesn't exude a lot of confidence when you see so much strapping," Henjak said.

"But it's just good to see all of those good players back. The strapping is precautionary but they're all confident and fine. They're ready to go."

Morale is on an upward trend within the club after a win over Melbourne last week. Influential players, like Wallace, are returning to action and suddenly the depth looks reassuring.

There is news that former Brisbane prop Ben Hannant is just days away from announcing his return from the Bulldogs. Such is the mood that hopes have been rekindled that Israel Folau - lost to the code just a fortnight ago as the NRL threatened to implode - may stick around for another two seasons.

Of course, there is the minor matter of being 13th on the NRL ladder, while the Titans are perched on top of the tree. None of that will matter tonight, given the real and hard-fought rivalry that has been established between the clubs.

And there is, of course, the small matter of the Titans suggesting Darren Lockyer, Brisbane's iconic skipper, took a dive during the Broncos' victorious finals foray to Skilled Park last year.

As for Hannant, whose family connections are making him desperate for a return to Queensland, Henjak is expecting a decision sooner than later. Given Petero Civoniceva's new deal at the Panthers, it's a transaction the club is keen to complete.

"I think it's pretty widely acknowledged that we're in negotiations with Ben Hannant and hopefully we will have an answer soon with that," the club's newly appointed general manager of football operations Andrew Gee said.

The new hope for Folau appears to be sparked by Johnathan Thurston's rejection of the overtures of rugby and the momentum from the win over the Storm. Now the Broncos could make him a new offer to retain his services.

"We haven't (made him a new offer) as of yet, but we're working on it," Gee said. "I think, any rugby league club, or for that matter any football code in the world would love to have him."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 02:29 PM
Darren Lockyer shrugs off dive slur as Broncos get set for Titans clash

IT'S the ugly slur on Broncos legend Darren Lockyer that threatens to turn Friday night's derby against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium nasty.

Lockyer, Australia's record-breaking Test captain, was forced to defend his integrity last September when the Gold Coast camp labelled him a "diver" in a bitter aftermath to their semi-final loss to Brisbane at Skilled Park.

The Titans' view of the incident, when Brisbane slotted a penalty goal after Lockyer's collision with ex-Titans flyer Chris Walker, sparked a heated war of words.

Titans skipper Scott Prince told the post-match press conference: "Have they given out awards for the Logies this year?".

Several Titans players also alleged Lockyer was too sheepish to look them in the eye as Corey Parker lined up the penalty kick, and said they had "lost some respect" for the Broncos legend.

Broncos coach Ivan Henjak argued the comments "lacked decency and respect" for the Test captain, who later said he had been dazed.

It is understood the Titans camp remains convinced Lockyer deliberately milked a penalty for his team, adding spice to Friday night's derby stoush.

But on Thursday night the Broncos champion, who stands among the most esteemed players to lace on a boot, insisted the slur had failed to rattle his cage.

"It's not an issue for me, it doesn't worry me one bit," Lockyer said.

"Once I play a game, it's history for me. I'm more interested in (Friday night)".

Lockyer has twice broken Gold Coast hearts with derby-winning field goals. Tonight the 33-year-old plays his third game in eight days and goes head-to-head with Titans "Bruise Brother" Greg Bird.

But Henjak declared it would be foolish for the Titans to target the champion No.6.

"I don't want to try to hide him," Henjak declared.

"He's the captain of our side, he's got to lead by example, and I'm sure he will.

"He'll handle it. He's got plenty of experience. He looks pretty fresh and Sammy (fellow Test forward Sam Thaiday) looks pretty fresh."

Lockyer's busy schedule began last Friday night when he led the Roos to a Test win over the Kiwis.

Less then 48 hours later he was back at Melbourne's AAMI Park, piloting his club's shock slaying of the Storm.

On Friday night at The Cauldron he will attempt to continue the rescue mission of Brisbane's endangered 2010 finals tilt, before joining the Maroons on Tuesday ahead of Origin I in Sydney on May 26.

He has another torrid task against Bird, who has one final chance to impress NSW selectors.

"He's (Bird) a class player, he's a big aggressive guy," Henjak said.

"He carries the footy really well. He's a good defender.

"He's got a kicking game as well. He brings a lot.

"He's just another foil for (Preston) Campbell, (Scott) Prince and (Nathan) Friend."

Winning ugly, pretty or however it comes remains Brisbane's sole objective against the gritty Titans.

"Our focus is not to blow anyone away, it's to just stay in there for 80 minutes," Henjak said.

"I'd love to see a grind, I'd love to see us win a grind, I really would."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/

DIEHARD
14-05-10, 02:29 PM
Heading in now, SEE YOU THERE!

GO THE GOLD COAST TITANS!

titansrawesome
14-05-10, 08:15 PM
i bloddy knew folou would get another try, he already has 2.

titansrawesome
14-05-10, 09:19 PM
thats the last straw, im completely over the titans, i have given them more then enough chances but of course i'm slapped in the face whenever i watch them play.

Mushi
14-05-10, 09:24 PM
Well that was probably our worst defensive game - certainly not a happy household here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TITAN PETE
14-05-10, 09:47 PM
thats the last straw, im completely over the titans, i have given them more then enough chances but of course i'm slapped in the face whenever i watch them play.

Great supporter u are, tell u what u stick with the Southpark Tigers

jimbeam06
14-05-10, 09:50 PM
Why do we play **** against the broncos Why Why

Mushi
14-05-10, 09:55 PM
Why do we play **** against the broncos Why Why

I know VERY frustrating. ONe team I ALWAYS want them to beat is the broncos and we were very average in all areas. Preston was certainly not having a great game but we just looked flat all over the park for most of it. Hoping the bye is just what we need to kick start our defence again back to what it was. We need to get some GOOD wins under our belt - that zero on our for and against is not looking so good right now.
Hoping for a big improvement when we face the chooks!

titansrawesome
14-05-10, 11:14 PM
Great supporter u are, tell u what u stick with the Southpark Tigers

heat of the moment. don't take everything so personal. but that doesnt mean that i thought we played good at all, especially the try tomane butchered that destroyed any hope we had.

isaiah
14-05-10, 11:32 PM
lets beat these scum!!!

Titans are in some great form, need to patch up our defence though for this game coz Brisbane are capable of scoring lots of points.

Titans by 4
LOL, too bad, outplayed

isaiah
14-05-10, 11:37 PM
At the same time I don't think we have too much to worry about...

The Broncos team taking the field this year literally looks like a bunch of donkeys! If we thought we had problems in our defence you just need to look at their back five and sympathise with them.

start worrying, its a long way to september

isaiah
14-05-10, 11:43 PM
Yea... but they smashed a Smithless Storm... still a team better on paper. Cronk, Slater, Inglis... A Smithless Storm is like a Fittlerless Roosters or a Johnless Knights.

But a Princeless Titans means wins over Manly and Melbourne!

I just want this win so badly. It's time for revenge over the Broncos for last year. We can beat em and send them on their way towards a downward spiral and into the Origin period.
upward spiral, now, lol

isaiah
14-05-10, 11:47 PM
When it comes to Folau - BIRD IS THE WORD!!

His defence is outstanding and even yesterday when we were tackling like turnstiles he still aimed up and got the job done. Carty should just tell him to shadow Folau and hit him HARD whenever he even looks like getting the ball.

There are 2 reasons why I reckon Sunday's result in Melbourne was fantastic for us:
1. It should ensure an extra 5 or 10 thousand through the gate with the positive feelings for the team.
2. The young kids will go into the game over confident and ripe for the picking - we all saw what happened when they went to Canberra after their big win over the Cowboys...

Super confident for this one. A win in this will put us 5 wins ahead of Brisbane and absolutely cement a ladder top position coming out of the bye.

why the bigger crowd would be a plus for the titans, i'll never kniow

isaiah
14-05-10, 11:52 PM
Broncos will field their strongest side this year.
Not only do there get three of their big names back, in Wallace, Kenny and Winterstien...they also bring Gillette back on the bench...I got wraps on this guy.

I reckon we get up in Folau's face and hit Lockyer's runners...leave Lockyer with the ball...he likes to pass in his old age and wont run far with ball in hand...I'd doubt weather he'll run near Bird at all.

This is one big weekend of Rugby League!

lol, lockyer man of the match, not just all his sweet passes

isaiah
15-05-10, 12:00 AM
Carry said on Tv that he did that cause of the rep duty.

Shame about Toopi. But Graham won't let us down. And might be good tonic to shut down Folau. We have weapons all over the park. We just need to shut down theirs. His leap will be deadly. Gotta keep the Broncos as down field as possible.

Just collected my tickets! I am SO excited. This is the game I always dreamed about whn we were fightingfor a team.

And let's not forget that the Broncos were a major reason why the Chargers got punted! SEQLD Exclusivity clause!! Wiped us out. Then spent a decade doing nothing to foster RL outside Brisbane

This game personal!!! Destroy them Titans!!! DESTROY!!!

the chargers, i remember them, lol

isaiah
15-05-10, 12:02 AM

garbage, 28-6

DIEHARD
15-05-10, 12:49 AM
You know Isiah, you can multi-quote. ;)

Oh boy... it really sucks, really hurts to lose to that team.... Everything stuck for them. Where as nothing went right for us and we werent within coowee of the attcking zone...

Gonna hit the sack. TITANS 4 LIFE!!

DIEHARD
15-05-10, 12:53 AM
Titans rue missed opportunites in loss to Broncos

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans' three-match winning streak has come to an end in 28-6 loss against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

In front of a vocal crowd of 40,168, the Titans had plenty of scoring opportunities and half chances but failed to turn those into points as the Broncos continued their 4-1 winning record against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

It was a night of missed opportunities for the Titans who looked to have clawed their way back into the game on several occasions but were unable to convert on the score-board.

The Titans went into the half-time break trailing 12-6 but were outclassed by a three try haul to the home side in the second half.

The Broncos opened the scoring in the eighth minute when Israel Folau found open space and scored in the corner just inside of the corner-post to give the home-side an early 6-0 lead.

The Titans hit back in the 18th minute when Ashley Harrison put a big hit on returning Broncos halfback Peter Wallace, who lost the ball in prime position for Titans centre Joseph Tomane to scoop up and scoot away to score under the posts untouched, Prince converted to tie the game up at 6-all.

Folau bagged his second try of the night for the Broncos in the 31st minute, picking up a wayward Darren Lockyer offload to charge his way over the next to the posts.

Parker converted to hand the Broncos a 12-6 lead.

http://www.titans.com.au/

RobJ
15-05-10, 09:13 AM
Gordon is mighty quick but no wonder they run at him all night.....he is a boy in defence and CANNOT tackle.
Butchered tries, very very poor kicking game and flat boring attack. Once again I reckon we got stagefright up against Brisbane. How close it Mat to coming back??? We need someone that can score tries and have the vision and ability to do it.

TITAN PETE
15-05-10, 09:24 AM
A game of missed opportunitys & missed tackles , we won't win every game of the season but we'll stay in the top 4 unlike the Donkeys

titanstattman
15-05-10, 11:59 AM
We allways seem to lose the games that spend a week in the papers talking about it....... next time we play them how bout the titans go on a media banned.. that why there can worrie about playing footy and talking about it for a week in the media

titansrawesome
15-05-10, 01:06 PM
does anyone have the stat of how many line breaks we made? im sure we made like 6 and didnt score on any, no joke but i reckon we win if toopi was playing instead of graham.

amaline
15-05-10, 06:55 PM
I think the worst thing about this game is that we went to the wingers a lot and didn't win. It's something we have all been calling for and, because it didn't work, we are probably not likely to try again.

DIEHARD
15-05-10, 07:20 PM
We lacked field position as well. So can't expect our wingers to make up for that.

Coaster
15-05-10, 07:31 PM
Thats footy i guess.

We have bigger fish to fry this year, winning against the Drongos would have been nice, but not the end of the world.

Good to see another Gold Coaster in Ben Teo get man of the match, another poached from the never ending check book that is a News Limited team.

If we get one or two bad calls and lose im usually furious, the amount of bad calls against us last night made the game almost comical, it destroyed what could have been a good game.

amaline
15-05-10, 08:58 PM
We lacked field position as well. So can't expect our wingers to make up for that.

I know, I didn't expect the wingers to win it for us. I was more thinking that it was great to see the wingers get ball. Whenever they were passed the ball they looked dangerous. It seemed like that was part of the game plan and that I hope it doesn't stop just because it didn't pay off for that game.

DIEHARD
15-05-10, 09:11 PM
I agree with you Amaline, it is one of our most deadly weapons. If luck was with us, we would have been in the game or even won.

We didnt deserve to, but that is what strike players do.... turn a game on its head.

amaline
15-05-10, 09:37 PM
I agree with you Amaline, it is one of our most deadly weapons. If luck was with us, we would have been in the game or even won.

We didnt deserve to, but that is what strike players do.... turn a game on its head.

I think a couple of things go our way and it's a different game. The strip on Tomane, Gordon dropping the intercept and Mead just getting ankle tapped by Wallace. I think there is a lot to take from that game. Just a shame that it's the bye next week and we have to wait 2 weeks to turn it around against the Roosters.

DIEHARD
15-05-10, 09:45 PM
Yea luckily Premierships arent won or loss in May... And we get another shot at the Broncos, this time at home later in the year.

We will bounce back from this. It seems like there was no change in attitude from after the Knights game until kick off against the Broncos and it cost us dearly.

I agree with what Doug said about us maybe not being able to handle the big games and we get stage fright. Unfortunately it's hard to institute a media ban when we have a game to promote for the good of the game.

Mushi
16-05-10, 08:49 AM
I think media ban for Princey - no late nights on the footy show before a friday night game - twice now and he hasn't had a good game after either :(

Greg81
16-05-10, 09:10 AM
some rather ugly behaviour from a handful of people in the supporters bay on Friday night....you know who you are....

DIEHARD
16-05-10, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Greg81. We all need to show character in defeat.. It's bloody hard but we wanna show our best side to Other teams and more importantly fellow Titans fans. Luckily I didn't see any of that and just saw alot of good sportsmanship in defeat. Even if we had to grit our teeth. We stuck around at the stadium. Full credit to Anthony Laffranchi who came over and applauded the fans for their support. We them went to the Caxton and then the city.

Besides the result. It was a great night.

TITAN PETE
16-05-10, 02:54 PM
some rather ugly behaviour from a handful of people in the supporters bay on Friday night....you know who you are....

Some girls shouldn't drink

titansrawesome
16-05-10, 06:11 PM
tbh i have only enjoyed one of our games this year, that was against manly, the rest have been eithier boring or lacklustre, eg cowboys,dragons,broncos,rabbitohs.

amaline
16-05-10, 07:07 PM
tbh i have only enjoyed one of our games this year, that was against manly, the rest have been eithier boring or lacklustre, eg cowboys,dragons,broncos,rabbitohs.

What about the games against Penrith and Melbourne?

titansrawesome
16-05-10, 07:19 PM
What about the games against Penrith and Melbourne?

they were alright, last year we played exciting and awesome same with 07 and 08

DIEHARD
16-05-10, 07:47 PM
Games against Penith, Melbourne and Raiders were good. We are still in 3rs gear though.

At least we have a timely BYE this weekend. Let's hope an attitude change comes out of it.

Maybe some luck as well. We have the Raiders coming up in Canberra which will be a hard game. You'd think we should have won it before the game last year. But got thumped.

Well with the Titans off this weekend. We can focus on Origin. The teams are out tomorrow.

DIEHARD
16-05-10, 07:53 PM
I tell you what pissed me off that Hogs Breath Pink pig mascot spending most of the match in front of the Titans bay being a bad sport. Rubbing it in. Either purposefully obscuring vision of fans. And worse bending over and mooning the Gold Coast fans time and time again.

It's bad sportsmanship. And there is children and families who pay good money and travel long distances to support their team and to pour money into Rugby League coffers. They need to realize that more than Broncos fans eat at Hogs Breath. And their mascots should spend more time celebrating with their fans than dumping #### on visiting fans.

They say you HOST a game for a reason. Rival fans should be treated with respect.

Also what is the deal with the Broncos pink/maroon hogs breath cheerleaders and the red and blue streets Buck the horse. Anything for $$$.

Ryan
17-05-10, 09:44 AM
LOL, too bad, outplayed
Outplayed? Not really....
Titans missed 57 tackles and handed over 15 errors - Donkeys had it handed to them.

Ryan
17-05-10, 09:50 AM
start worrying, its a long way to september
Start worrying alright - When your team is one win from the bottom of the ladder after 10 rounds, and the prospects of winning games through the Origin period are next to nil.... Yep...... Start worrying.

Ryan
17-05-10, 09:50 AM
upward spiral, now, lol
It's a long way up too, lol

Ryan
17-05-10, 09:52 AM
lol, lockyer man of the match, not just all his sweet passes
Like his sweet pass off the ground that gave away a penalty?

Ryan
17-05-10, 09:58 AM
garbage, 28-6
I know you won't forget that scoreline, just don't forget the big picture:

1. St George Illawarra 16
2. Penrith 14
3. Gold Coast 14
4. Manly 12
5. South Sydney 12
6. Parramatta 10
7. Warriors 10
8. Sydney Roosters 10
9. Wests Tigers 10
10. Canterbury-Bankstown 8
11. Brisbane 8
12. Newcastle 8
13. Canberra 8
14. North Queensland 6
15. Cronulla 6
16. Melbourne 0

Still garbage

GCT_89
17-05-10, 11:42 AM
very hard game to watch but its over now.....

Was at birdees on sat night and i think Wallace was partying too well.... was kicked out on his ass trying to argue with the seccies and hardly being able to stand....nah your a great image for your club...

DIEHARD
17-05-10, 02:37 PM
It sure is good to remember that we are still equal 2nd on the ladder. But its funny that we are on a ZERO point differential. 217 points FOR and 217 points AGAINST.

gotitans101
17-05-10, 02:46 PM
garbage, 28-6

go away troll, hopefully we can return the favour when we play you @ Skilled come round 19.

Anyway I was at the game Friday night (amongst the rowdy Broncos supporters). Was hard to sit through the second half. We had about 3 or 4 easy chances but we blew it, as we always seem to do. It has to be said - we suck when we're under enormous pressure, and if this pathetic defensive effort continues then eventually we won't even be a threat come finals time! Pick up ya game boys!

TITAN PETE
17-05-10, 02:50 PM
It sure is good to remember that we are still equal 2nd on the ladder. But its funny that we are on a ZERO point differential. 217 points FOR and 217 points AGAINST.

Yeh i don't think it looks good when u have a minus figure & u r expecting other teams to give u some respect :nope: .... so lets hope we rectify that problem by piling on the points against the Roosters,Raiders & Sea Eagles less their Origin players in the next month :eyebrows:

goldcoastitans
17-05-10, 05:55 PM
Worst game i have ever watched the Titans play, i swear any queensland cup team could have played a better game against the broncos, this was the first game the titans have played that i have actually changed channels because i was that angry..... they team was useless and i agree they gave Brisbane that game in a silver platter!!! .... i hope they pick their game up

and get rid of HENDERSON!!! for fk sakes!

titansrawesome
17-05-10, 06:19 PM
Worst game i have ever watched the Titans play, i swear any queensland cup team could have played a better game against the broncos, this was the first game the titans have played that i have actually changed channels because i was that angry..... they team was useless and i agree they gave Brisbane that game in a silver platter!!! .... i hope they pick their game up

and get rid of HENDERSON!!! for fk sakes!

replace henderson with cannings, white with bodene and o dwyer on the bench too.

goldcoastitans
17-05-10, 06:23 PM
replace henderson with cannings, white with bodene and o dwyer on the bench too.

sell henderson and nicolou waste of friggen money ...put a sticky substance on minnis hands so he can catch .... clone 5 Nathan Friends.

Teach Prince to tackle ....i think he has forgotten

watched Bodene on the weekend and he carved it up again in the qcup .....why is not in the team baffles me

what else .....

did i mention having more Friends in the team :thumbsup:

karnage
17-05-10, 08:12 PM
I think a few people need to take a few deep breaths and just relax.

We were never going to win every game and we weren't really that bad against a white-hot Broncos. I don't agree with everything that Carty says in post match pressers but I do agree that the bye came at the right time for us. We have had a punishing 6 weeks against all the big guns and a few of the boys need some time off to get up again and into some energetic form.

Tomane hangs onto that ball over the line and it is 12-10 at the worst with half an hour to go and it is a totally different game.

I will also say that while I was dissappointed with the size of the crowd I thought the Broncos fans were good sports. I like to dish it out in the Northern Stand and the people around me were great with some great banter throughout the night - I copped a shellacking from the crowd when I left with 3 or 4 minutes to go but I deserved it:thumbsup:

We have a nice run after the bye and we really can win all 3 of those especially if we get Manly minus Watmough, Lyon and Perry.

curly_11
18-05-10, 08:04 AM
Mead needs to lift his game. His decision making is poor! Im afraid he has delayed second season syndrome....Im a fan but he needs to lift his game.

I think our leaders in the team need to spend some 1 on 1 time with our backs and go through the footage and help with defensive tactics and positioning. Rogers, campbell etc need to talk to Tomane, Mead and Gordo :gossip:

I dont find hendo has been playing that bad but god only knows why Big Bodene isnt playing? Hes in amazing form! If things dont step up after the break a few positions may need to be changed to get that hunger back in the side....

its not the end of the world but of all teams to lose like that, it really hurts against the ponies :sadpace:

Coaster
18-05-10, 10:45 AM
I find it funny people keep calling out Mead Tomane and Gordon for defensive problems, yet only goldcoasttitans mentioned Prince.

Watch Prince in the last 2 weeks, he is becoming a liability, and unless he changes his technique, expect a lot more traffic directed at him. The bloke is walking backwards to tackle! he runs up with the line, but then drops back to not take first contact, and is leaving a gap Brohman could get through. His constant need to tackle high is also adding to the problem, he has no upper body strength and is small (tackle around the legs FFS).

I love the bloke, but geez lets call a spade a spade, he is as soft as wet toilet paper in the line.

curly_11
18-05-10, 11:49 AM
I find it funny people keep calling out Mead Tomane and Gordon for defensive problems, yet only goldcoasttitans mentioned Prince.

Watch Prince in the last 2 weeks, he is becoming a liability, and unless he changes his technique, expect a lot more traffic directed at him. The bloke is walking backwards to tackle! he runs up with the line, but then drops back to not take first contact, and is leaving a gap Brohman could get through. His constant need to tackle high is also adding to the problem, he has no upper body strength and is small (tackle around the legs FFS).

I love the bloke, but geez lets call a spade a spade, he is as soft as wet toilet paper in the line.

I agree his defence has gotten softer but his decision making still isnt that bad. Bird, Friend and Harro needs to teach them how to get low and make good contact!

titanstattman
18-05-10, 02:23 PM

They sure did stuff my night up......

The stupid biathes dont come on here thank god for that