PDA

View Full Version : Paul Broughton medal - 2010

DIEHARD
23-03-10, 09:35 PM
Paul Broughton medal, rnd two, 2010

The game has been won, the Paul Broughton medal points awarded, and already the race for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans most prestigeous award is gathering real pace.

New signing Joseph Tomane was unstoppable against the Bunnies, but did he do enough to edge out inspirational hooker and defending medal winner Nathan Friend who was again outstanding.

Anthony Laffranchi has crossed twice in two games and is clearly back to the form which saw him widely regarded as the best backrower in the game, did he rate a mention or earn a point from our judges?

Kevin Gordon has on three occasions saved certain tries and al always is very dangerous with the ball in hand, while Greg Bird is fast gaining a reputation as a fearsome defender and quickly warming as the perfect partner for our match winner Scott Prince in the halves.

Click on the link below to see who got the nod this week.

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=titans-tv

quinn loves titans
23-03-10, 09:47 PM
I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey guys havnt posted for a while my pc's been broken but its all good now
I hope jo tomane gets it this year i can seeing him making origin, teaming up with jennings.
Gonna be a good player for sure.

Tamwelg
23-03-10, 10:02 PM
I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope jo tomane gets it this year i can seeing him making origin, teaming up with jennings.
Gonna be a good player for sure.

If he keeps going the way he is now, he will be in with a chance, but I think you'll find he is a Queenslander.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
23-03-10, 10:06 PM
I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol nah good to have you back

TITAN PETE
24-03-10, 12:34 PM
If he keeps going the way he is now, he will be in with a chance, but I think you'll find he is a Queenslander.

Ya right Tam but he's as much a Qlder as Benji is ..the man mountain is a KIWI :?)

quinn loves titans
24-03-10, 10:05 PM
um go on titans team profiles says that he was born i nz but if he were to select australia over nz he would play for qld in origin

titansrawesome
24-03-10, 10:34 PM
everyone knows he is kiwi, but karmichael hunt is kiwi and he played for qld and aus, and jennings is tongan, hayne,petero,tuqiri are fijian

TITAN PETE
25-03-10, 10:11 AM
It will all depend on the man himself as he may want to represent his country & he will be a walk up start for the Kiwi's v Aussie test in Melbourne on May 7 with Origin 3 weeks later & no guarantee he would make the Qld squad :ugh:

Origin is the toughest game on earth but i still think most players would value representing their country 1st choice ;)

DIEHARD
26-07-10, 06:06 PM
Paul Broughton Medal winners Round 20

It’s a match the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans weren’t supposed to win, the side written off by league experts who heavily backed the Dragons to maintain their winning way.

However history will show the Titans recorded one of the clubs most impressive victories on a cold, wet night at Kogarah.

Mat Rogers Golden Point field goal ensures the Titans will spend another week in the NRL top eight, but was it enough to secure the veteran a share of this week’s Paul Broughton Medal points?

It’s the final round before voting goes silent. Do you agree with the judges decision, who would you have awarded the points to?

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=28280&title=paul-broughton-