PDA

View Full Version : NYC Round 3: TITANS vs RAIDERS (Under 20s)

DIEHARD
23-03-10, 04:14 PM
NYC Titans v NYC Raiders

1 Ryan Tongia
2 Guy Borgas
3 Sam Saville
4 Jamie Dowling
5 Matthew Hundy
6 Jordan Rankin
7 Rhys Jacks
8 Ronnie Alovili
9 Matthew Srama
10 Luke Page
11 Dominic Walsh
12 Ryan James ?
13 Kurt Foggo

Interchange
14 Josh Coyle
15 Chris Bloomfield
16 Leon Taylor
17 Brody Ollard

Coach Rod Patison

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
23-03-10, 07:37 PM
RAIDERS TOYOTA CUP

1. HAYDON HODGE
2. CHRIS MEDCALF
3. SEAN LOXLEY
4. DRURY LOW
5. MICHAEL THOMAS
6. JAMES SMART
7. SAM WILLIAMS (C)
8. MARK APPLETON
9. MATT MCILWRICK
10. MITCH KENNEDY
11. SAM MATAORA
12. MARK NICHOLLS
13. TOM MURPHY

14. CAIN HENRY
15. PAUL VAUGHAN
16. MICHAEL CULLEN
17. TOM SELLARS
18. SAM SAUILUMA

COACH: DAVID HAMILTON

AmericanTitan
24-03-10, 02:31 AM
do any TV networks or anything show Toyota Cup games? I'd like to catch one some time either live stream or torrent.

kwigibo
24-03-10, 08:23 AM
do any TV networks or anything show Toyota Cup games? I'd like to catch one some time either live stream or torrent.

Not this game, the early saturday and sunday games are televised on Foxsports.

AmericanTitan
24-03-10, 09:09 AM
Not this game, the early saturday and sunday games are televised on Foxsports.

thank you!

wonder_boi
24-03-10, 09:20 PM
why isnt cody walker playing at half back this weekend against the raiders?

titansrawesome
24-03-10, 09:42 PM
ryan tongia looks like he is an alright player from what i have seen.

DIEHARD
28-03-10, 01:53 AM
NYC Titans suffer narrow loss to Raiders
Mitchell Olivey & Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans' NYC side has suffered its first loss of 2010 after going down 14-12 in a fiery encounter against the Canberra Raiders at Skilled Park tonight.

In a hard fought match, the Titans did well to stay in the match after being reduced to 12 men when five-eighth Jordan Rankin was sent to the sin bin in the 60th minute.

The scores were locked at 12-all heading into the final 10 minutes before a Raiders penalty goal with six minutes remaining handed the visitors the win.

After a see-sawing opening 20 minutes, it was the Titans who opened the scoring through pivot Rankin, who then converted his own try to give the home side a 6-nil lead.

The Raiders hit back in the 30th minute through fullback Hayden Hodge, who dived through some soft defence to score next to the posts, with Chris Medcalf converting to tie things up at 6-all.

A set of penalties right on the half-time buzzer piggy-backed the Titans down the field, but Rankin was unable to convert a penalty goal next to the post, leaving the half-time score at 6-all.

The second half started the same as the first, but this time it was the Raiders who broke the deadlock, scoring in the 61st minute after Rankin received his marching orders.

Medcalf converted Mark Appleton’s try to hand the Raiders a 12-6 lead.

Courageous captain Ryan James kept the 12 men Titans in the game when he showed good speed to get around the defence and score in the corner.

Stand in kicker Ryan Tongia converted from the sideline to bring the game level at 12-all with 12 minutes remaining.

The Raiders were then handed a penalty in front of the posts with six minutes left, and Medcalf stepped up and converted to hand the Raiders the 14-12 win

Canberra Raiders 14 (H Hodge, M Appleton; C Medcalf 3 conversions) defeated Gold Coast Titans 12 (J Rankin, R James; J Rankin 1 conversion, R Tongia 1 conversion).

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

TITAN PETE
28-03-10, 06:29 PM
That was a great game of 20's Footy apart from the penalty count (8-13) but what about the defensive game of Ryan James with what may be in the running for Hit of The Year in both competitions :fist:

Also a big game again from the Nathan Friend lookalike Mathew Srama ;)

The boys are playing very well this year obvious that Paterson has their heads right but they did miss Cody Walker lastnight so i hope there's no major injury there...

titanfan1980
30-03-10, 01:18 PM
That was a great game of 20's Footy apart from the penalty count (8-13) but what about the defensive game of Ryan James with what may be in the running for Hit of The Year in both competitions :fist:

Also a big game again from the Nathan Friend lookalike Mathew Srama ;)

The boys are playing very well this year obvious that Paterson has their heads right but they did miss Cody Walker lastnight so i hope there's no major injury there...

I agree.. i was close to the boys bench and noticed that carty stayed and watched the whole game aswell haha and not even he could believe the penaltys!.. i think the boys would have won that game but the penalty count really didnt do them justice also with rankins sin bin.. but boy did james smack that poor bloke one..