PDA

View Full Version : Minichiello to play 150th game against Souths

DIEHARD
18-03-10, 03:54 PM
Minichiello to play 150th game against Souths
Adam Gardini

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans backrower Mark Minichiello is set to play his 150th NRL match when he lines up against his former club, the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium tomorrow night.

After celebrating two tries and a Jetstar Titans win against the Rabbitohs the last time the two clubs met at ANZ Stadium in late 2009, Minichiello will be hoping for another strong performance against his former club.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
18-03-10, 03:55 PM
Should make a special banner for him. One of my favourite players! Go Mini!

DIEHARD
18-03-10, 03:57 PM
Mini in search of Titan future

ITALIAN stallion Mark Minichiello has revealed he wants a long-term deal with the Titans after the club formally began negotiations with the City Origin backrower who is off contract this year.

Minichiello, who will bring up his 150th first grade game against his former club South Sydney, said he hoped to make the Gold Coast his long-term home.

"I've been negotiating with Searley and the Titans, hopefully we can nut something out in the next week or so and look forward to it being for long-term."

"I love it up here, I'd love to be here for as long as I can be, hopefully we can work something out," he said.

The Titans have revealed they are keen for the rampaging backrower to remain at the club, but the 28-year-old could command huge money in the English Super League and is likely to spark interest from other NRL clubs.

Coach John Cartwright said Minichiello was a good fit for the club and hoped managing director Michael Searle could keep his perfect retention strike rate.

"We've been able to keep everyone that we've wanted to keep," he said.

"Mini has been a foundation player and as a player he has definitely improved since he has been here.

"He is a very important player on and off the field and I'll leave that with Searley and his manager. Mini knows we want to keep him here."

Minichiello will head back to former club Souths on Friday night and admitted notching game 150 would be special.

"It's alway nice to reach milestones, 150 is pretty good and quite exciting and I always look forward to playing my old club," he said.

Minichiello left the club at the end of 2006 and said only a few familiar faces remained.

"I've played alongside a couple, Luke Stewart and Scott Geddes, there's not too many left from when I was there, they've got a total new look side and are looking to improve."

Minichiello said the Titans had concentrated on their individual games this week.

"Its been a short week, you can't really do too much, you've got to really recover and at the back end concentrate on what we need to do."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

hugebrianfan
18-03-10, 09:44 PM
Oh wow thats awesome, hope he has a great game :)

Boofhead
18-03-10, 10:22 PM
How fitting for him to be facing Souths.

Good luck to him renewing his contract - with Bird in the team it might be harder for him to secure it.