PDA

View Full Version : Your Team for Australia v South Africa in Perth

Titanium_BD1103
07-12-05, 09:17 PM
Hey all

I know it is still a week till the start of the game between Australia and the Proteas at the WACA in Perth, but todays ODI against NZ has raised many a question and real selection headache for the selectors.. but a good one at that.. ;)

They have to decide between Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey and Brad Hodge who will get a run in the game and who won't... now they all have plusses to their names.. take this for instance

- Michael Clarke is coming off scoring 80 odd in today ODI and a Double Century for NSW in a Pura Cup Match

- Andrew Symonds is coming off 150 odd in todays ODI and has looked the goods for QLD this summer

- Michael Hussey comes off back to back centuries in Hobart and Adelaide and is looking mighty strong in the test side

- Brad Hodge scored very worthwhile runs in both Adelaide and Hobart, helping the side along the way out of sticky situations

So who goes in and who is left out?? I want you to pretend you are a selector and name the 11 for the game against SA in Perth, and explain which 2 players you put into the side for Perth and why.. I will post here my side and why over the coming week too...

This is a real difficult choice for the Aussie Selectors, lets hope they make the right one.. ;)

Steelers
07-12-05, 09:20 PM
This is extremely tough!

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

How can you not pick Clarke, Gilchrist and Hussey based on their recent performances. Unfortunately I think Hodge is going to be dropped, but someone has to go.

Teegy
08-12-05, 08:47 AM
Mines the same as steelers :thumbsup:

Dakink
08-12-05, 08:50 AM
This is extremely tough!

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

How can you not pick Clarke, Gilchrist and Hussey based on their recent performances. Unfortunately I think Hodge is going to be dropped, but someone has to go.

Probably my team too - though the selectors at Perth sometimes look at playing the four quicks meaning a bat need to make way. Dizzy has just taken a bagful of wickets and may be back in the selectors thinking.