PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League?s VB Test at Melbourne?s Rectangular Stadium

TITAN PETE
22-02-10, 02:19 PM
VB Test Tickets on sale this morning

NRL Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:06:00

From Monday, all sports fans get their chance to be at the official opening of Australia?s newest international sporting venue when tickets go on public sale for Rugby League?s VB Test at Melbourne?s Rectangular Stadium.

One of the oldest rivalries in Australian sport, the Australia-New Zealand VB Test will mark the official opening of Melbourne?s new state-of-the-art rectangular stadium with tickets on sale to the public from 9am (AEDT) this Monday, February 22.

Tickets are available through Ticketek outlets, online at www.ticketek.com.au or by phoning 132 849.

The match, between Four Nations champions Australia and World Champions New Zealand, will be played on Friday, May 7, at 7:30pm (AEST).

VB Test Match: Australian VB Kangaroos v New Zealand
Friday, May 7, 2010, 7:30pm (AEST): Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

Category

Price

A Reserve - Adult

$85.00

A Reserve - Child (4-15 yrs)

$65.00

A Reserve - Pensioner

$65.00

A Reserve - Family of 4

$235.00

B Reserve - Adult

$60.00

B Reserve - Child (4-15 yrs)

$45.00

B Reserve - Pensioner

$45.00

B Reserve - Family of 4

$165.00

C Reserve - Adult

$30.00

C Reserve - Child (4-15 yrs)

$20.00

C Reserve - Pensioner

$20.00

C Reserve - Family of 4

$80.00

Ads by Google.AustralianStockReport.com.au

TITAN PETE
22-02-10, 02:20 PM
Bought mine :banana: :drinkies: :fist:

titansrawesome
22-02-10, 04:26 PM
why bring rugby league/union to victoria, i don't think they even deserve the storm.

GCT_89
22-02-10, 05:47 PM
why bring rugby league/union to victoria, i don't think they even deserve the storm.

what do you base that on?

they were in the top 5 i think last year for ticketed members (in one of the worst stadiums around) and had great crowds for state of origin matches which involve two states that arent them....lol

id love to go, but will have to watch from home.....

titansrawesome
22-02-10, 06:58 PM
i base that on none of the melbourne storm's players are victorian, in fact the only player in the nrl that was born in victopria was peter wallace.

DIEHARD
22-02-10, 07:59 PM
i base that on none of the melbourne storm's players are victorian, in fact the only player in the nrl that was born in victopria was peter wallace.

If you look at the Storm junior teams you will see an increasing number of Victorians. And now the Storm have Under 16 and Under 18s and a Melbourne based NSW Cup team.

Rugby League needs to go national to servive and the Storm's memberships and crowds will prove they belong.

Back on the Test, I love Tests and this is a huge event! A new football stadium in Melbourne, one we have all been waiting over a decade for.

TITAN PETE
22-02-10, 08:03 PM

Who cares if they don't have any Vic's in their side we aren't talking about Origin here & u might want to check on their juniors through to their 20's & u will be surprised about how many Vic's they have in the Storm squad, Love them or hate them they have earned the right to be classed as the best team in the last 10 years in the NRL but the only time i'll for cheer for them is when they are play the Bonco's or the Poms :D

Wasn't this about the Test Match :ugh:

titansrawesome
22-02-10, 09:25 PM
ok i don't want to dwell, but i find it annoying that victorians can claim they have the best team for the past decade even though the storm is made up out of n.s.w people, qld people and maoris. And it frustrates me more that they would rather see the two worst afl teams play eachother in a preseason game rather than a home final, trust me i have a lot of victorian cousins.

DIEHARD
22-02-10, 09:34 PM
Hopefully events like this Test will sway more Victorians to enjoy our sport.

There will be another Test at the stadium at the end of the year against England in the 4Nations.

I'm also chuffed that we will get the chance to christen the new stadium over soccer. :)

titansrawesome
22-02-10, 09:39 PM
yeah, personally i find afl 90% of the time pretty boring and like aerial ping pong. i wanna try to get to some titans games this year, i went to zero last year because of work and rugby and the broncos game sold out to fast for me.