PDA

View Full Version : Big toe blow for Hendo

DIEHARD
19-02-10, 03:51 PM
Big toe blow for Hendo

GOLD Coast Titans prop Michael Henderson has been ruled out of tomorrow night's first full-scale trial against Souths Sydney in Coffs Harbour because of a broken big toe.

The hard-running 25-year-old was injured a fortnight ago at training but only recently discovered the extent of the damage to his right foot.

"We were playing some fitness games and I dived. I was trying to get Presto actually and jarred my toe into the ground," said Henderson.

"I didn't know it was broken until last week. It is not that painful or anything but it is just one of those things.

"You don't realise how much you use your big toe. It is not a serious injury, more frustrating than anything."

With fellow big man Aaron Cannings set to miss the start of the season as he works his way back to full fitness after off-season shoulder surgery, it is important Henderson is fit for Round 1.

Henderson, who has also been ruled out for the Titans final trial against the Cowboys in Darwin next Saturday, said he would be fit for the Warriors clash at Skilled Park on March 14.

Challenging Henderson to start the year partnering Luke Bailey in the front row are Brad Meyers and Matt White, with young duo Bodene Thompson and Will Matthews expected to push for a berth. All four are expected to play against Souths.

The forward battle will be one of the highlights of the clash with the Rabbitohs, who have named a powerful pack including big-hitting English recruit Sam Burgess.

"There is a lot of depth all through the side this year," said Henderson.

"Everyone will be out to get a spot in the side and I will be no different.

"It is disappointing I won't get any trials in but it is not the be all and end all."

Henderson said that apart from the toe problem, he was feeling the best he had in years following his first full pre-season since seriously breaking his leg against the Broncos in 2007.

"I have stayed the same weight but done a lot more strength work with my legs, which I haven't been able to do for the past few years," he said.

"I think my leg speed and my strength should be a lot better this season, which I am looking forward to."

After the Souths game the Titans will stay in Coffs Harbour for their yearly training camp until mid-week, before leaving for the Northern Territory.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

quinn loves titans
19-02-10, 08:27 PM
Big blow but white and meyers will still carve thing up. That would be funny if a prop started running faster than kevin gordon oh hahah happy days.