PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Life

GCT_07
19-02-10, 01:01 AM
Well I havent gotten all the details yet but I was sitting here and they advertised on TV for relay for life.

So I went onto the web site

https://secure.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/registrant/LocationHome.aspx?EventID=10972&LangPref=en-CA&locationID=10991

and a lot of groups have already put in their details and started fundraising already.

So I thought after last year, yeah I know...I didnt make it through the whole night, but I did make a promise to do everything I could for this year.

So I thought...... why not get it going now. They also have a discount (even though that sort of goes against what its all about with fundraising) but they have a discount for the next few days.

Anyway..... just putting it out there.........

Steve
19-02-10, 11:13 AM
It'd be great to put a team together again this year!

From memory the theme for this year is a military one, to fight cancer?
That's a great one for the Legion. Starting early we could even have a decorated camp.

titanstattman
19-02-10, 11:24 AM
yes i also didnt make it thru the hole night but but this year i will be for sure....

I will also offer everything i can do this year to help nd like Steve said maybe do sumthing with the camp......

I say lets get the party started.....

GCT_07
19-02-10, 12:20 PM
Ok.... so should I go ahead and set it up and call it "the legion" or do you want it "the Titans"

GCT_91
19-02-10, 12:22 PM
ill be doing it for sure.

im sure i could even get there early to help setup camp.

Steve
19-02-10, 12:49 PM
Ok.... so should I go ahead and set it up and call it "the legion" or do you want it "the Titans"

I think The Legion. That's what we've been in the past.

titanstattman
19-02-10, 02:58 PM
I think The Legion. That's what we've been in the past.

Yes i say keep with the legion thats wat they all know us as...... nd i'll also talk to dee again for this year for blade nd could think about turbo aswell...

DIEHARD
19-02-10, 04:53 PM
Fantastic, a great tradition and out chance to do some community work.

You can count on me to do my very best in fundraising. The online donation interface really helps.

Let's focus on getting a record amount but also making it a great and enjoyable night. We need a big team.

We also need to pray for sunshine!!!

If you need anything from the club let me know.

GCT_07
19-02-10, 06:40 PM
Cool..... no worries...... I ve just set up "The Legion" and am about to upload some images........ if there is someone out there that is a little better at this internet thing....... *cough* *cough* BRAD........... :wave: then I am more than happy to let you play with it so it looks better than I can do.

I put in a target of $5 000 but seeing as though we are onto it so quickly I reacon we can get a big group behind it and rip that target easily:thumbsup:

Ok.... well thats it.......apparently there will be some pie graph online to show how far we are getting to our goal as well as online donations.........

Well I ll get back to makin it look as good as I can until someone takes over from me....... *cough* *cough*........ goodness.... and I havent had a smoke in 3 years..... *cough*:salute:

titanstattman
19-02-10, 06:48 PM
is there a link to the legion page or passwords we need to get into it ma??

GCT_07
19-02-10, 07:27 PM
:D Brads come to the rescue and is fixing up what I ve ummmmmm f up.....

he will probably put the link in here to make it easy for everyone once its sorted.......

web sites just arent my thang:banghead:

Ohhhhh mark your calendar everyone......17th April

ooooops....... Brads just sent it to me..... so here it is

http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/thelegion10

DIEHARD
19-02-10, 07:31 PM
Just fixed the page.

http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/thelegion10

I encourage everyone to sign up as a team member on the Cancer Council page, it's the easiest and best way to fundraise IMO.

Steve
20-02-10, 04:12 PM
From the email about relay this year:

"For 2010 our theme will be ?COMBAT CANCER?. We would love to see teams theme around this eg. Team Fightback, Dad?s Army etc..... I am sure you will come up with something great. "

What better theme for the Legion than that?

I'll be signing up on payday!

daveyk
20-02-10, 05:38 PM
certainly is.... make sure we take our swords with us and could probably go with something like

"THE LEGION - SLICING AWAY CANCER"

could probably come up with something better so please let us know your thoughts....

DIEHARD
20-02-10, 06:05 PM
I'll be signing up on pay day as well.

Great idea Steve and Davey with the theme.

GCT_07
20-02-10, 06:53 PM
Ok... just going to throw this out there.....

IF....... I was able to get a stall/shop at Marina Quays market (normally worth $200 a week) but IF I could get that for nothing would there be enough people to man it each weekend (minus footy days) until the Relay

We could sell Tickets for a signed jersey (just running with the fact we will get one even though I havent finalized it yet) ...... we could sell Titans Merchandise...... with all profits going to the Relay. You would need minimum 1 Person each day (2 would be better) starting at 7.00am to 3.30pm

Yeah I know.... weekends at 7.00am... what about night before drinkines.... but hey...... If we can get 4 people who can commit to 1 day a fortnight.... then we have it covered and you only have to worry about 1 day.

Any takers..... or thoughts

quinn loves titans
20-02-10, 07:52 PM
Do we get paid by anychance and how old do you have to be?

DIEHARD
20-02-10, 07:59 PM
Sounds pretty complex. I think we should just raffle and ask for donations outright. Not saying we can't have a stall but volunteers are hard to find.

quinn loves titans
20-02-10, 08:05 PM
Oh vonlunteer so no money :( ahahah i guess im still in im young but dont have any other sports priorities on sat till next term so i guess im in.
By the way where would the stall be held?

DIEHARD
20-02-10, 08:07 PM
It's just a suggestion at the moment.

quinn loves titans
20-02-10, 08:18 PM
Kk What day is the actual event?

DIEHARD
20-02-10, 08:18 PM
I'll certainly volunteer for whatever. I'm sure I can get us a signed jersey like I did last year.

GCT_91
21-02-10, 12:04 AM
its on the 17th of april which i think is a saturday.

daveyk
21-02-10, 04:20 PM
okay.... so not sure if anyone has checked but i will just let you know that the weekend of RELAY we have a home game vs dragons.

it is the next game to be scheduled so we shoudl find out what day it will be... but if hisory is anything to go by, we will be playing on the saturday night. so i suggest that we try and come up with ome sort of game plan if this happens... because RELAY runs from 3pm sat - 9am sunday

DIEHARD
21-02-10, 05:25 PM
okay.... so not sure if anyone has checked but i will just let you know that the weekend of RELAY we have a home game vs dragons.

it is the next game to be scheduled so we shoudl find out what day it will be... but if hisory is anything to go by, we will be playing on the saturday night. so i suggest that we try and come up with ome sort of game plan if this happens... because RELAY runs from 3pm sat - 9am sunday

Good thinking Davey. Hopefully it'll be a Friday.

GCT_91
22-02-10, 03:18 AM
it will be a shame if it is on the saturday. even if it is we can still go to the game and go to to the relay for life after it. somebody will just have to miss out on the game i guess. im sure adam wont mind too much.

GCT_07
22-02-10, 10:38 AM
yep...... couple of maxi cabs to and from the game....... no worries

so good of you to volunteer Adam (yeah.... as if............)

Steve
22-02-10, 01:58 PM
Get everyone there for the start of the Relay, most people can go to the game in the maxi taxi's ma is gonna book, it'll all be sweet. ;)

Especially if we have a few friends/relatives along who don't go to games.
I'm very likely gonna miss most games this season, so what would one more be?

GCT_07
22-02-10, 09:54 PM
Get everyone there for the start of the Relay, most people can go to the game in the maxi taxi's ma is gonna book, it'll all be sweet. ;)

Especially if we have a few friends/relatives along who don't go to games.
I'm very likely gonna miss most games this season, so what would one more be?

I vote that you miss the game against Penrith...........:D

Steve
23-02-10, 06:37 AM
I vote that you miss the game against Penrith...........:D

I was saying to Brad, seeing as I'm not going to be at most games this year, I should spend the Panthers game in the Legion bay this time, to see all my old friends. ;)

And i'm signing up for zee team!

GCT_07
26-02-10, 10:20 AM
I was saying to Brad, seeing as I'm not going to be at most games this year, I should spend the Panthers game in the Legion bay this time, to see all my old friends. ;)

And i'm signing up for zee team!

Lets hope you will have more of a blue jersey than a black one......;)

Way to Go on signing up

Come on peoples...... its going to be upon us before we know it... we dont have long to get this organised.

Brad..... can you speak to the club about the signed Jersey..... and maybe that pass the ball hole thing..... yeah I know.... I wouldnt have a clue what its called....lol

Dee..... if your back from your trippin around (jealous) could you chat to the powers that be about you know who.....

Smurfs...... hello .... hello..... wakey wakey boys and girls........ are you up for a tad of walking or a guest appearance.......

Also.... didnt get much response for volunteers at Marina Quays Markets so I ll have to let them know its a no go if we dont get some numbers soon.

Thanks To those that did say they would ..... by the way.... Rhonda (front row legion left hand side) has put her hand up for as a lot..... she doesnt post on here but she is a real trooper.

Ok.... any other thoughts from anyone.......

Only about 6 weeks to go on this so we dont have time to "i ll get to that later"

I know most of you dont do a helll of a lot of posting in off season..... so hopefully this will really pick up in 2 weeks..... fingers crossed

quinn loves titans
26-02-10, 11:16 AM
im in for the market idea

DIEHARD
28-02-10, 10:28 AM
Brad..... can you speak to the club about the signed Jersey..... and maybe that pass the ball hole thing..... yeah I know.... I wouldnt have a clue what its called....lol

No worries. If we do all that and there is no rain, should be awesome.

I really hope there is no rain.

GCT_07
06-03-10, 09:46 PM
Just when you think things are going one way they end up going another......

Here we are counting down to the opening game and planning the season and everything around the games and WHAMO....... we have to move.

Soooooo I have to pull out of the Relay for Life cause I wont be here.

I m not sure who wants to take over the details........ but I thought it would be better to say something straight away.

It all sucks big time but not a heck of a lot I can do about it..... I m still trying to work out how long it would take to get to the games........ if I can.

daveyk
07-03-10, 01:09 AM
and where would u be moving too???

GCT_91
07-03-10, 01:36 AM
were moving to Bundaberg. ill still try to be there tho. not sure how

titanstattman
07-03-10, 08:56 AM
well from here to bundy its about 3 1/2-4 hrs.. Spose u will just hav to work out if u drive so far to a train or would it be qicker to drive to a train here on the coast....

DIEHARD
07-03-10, 11:35 AM
Oh man, this is really sad news! I know that is life but it won't be the same without you and Stephen and John. I hope you return one day soon, but you need to do what's best for the family. You can still support the Titans 100% online and on TV and on radio and hopefully come down for the big games.

At least 3.5-4 hours isn't too bad.

At least with The Legion you know you can always buy tickets and be front an centre, so you always have a place to call home at Skilled.

I'll be happy to take over Relay for Life.

GCT_07
07-03-10, 12:38 PM
Oh man, this is really sad news! I know that is life but it won't be the same without you and Stephen and John. I hope you return one day soon, but you need to do what's best for the family. You can still support the Titans 100% online and on TV and on radio and hopefully come down for the big games.

At least 3.5-4 hours isn't too bad.

At least with The Legion you know you can always buy tickets and be front an centre, so you always have a place to call home at Skilled.

I'll be happy to take over Relay for Life.

Ohhhhh dont you worry Brad..... hell would freeze over before I missed a game. Like Doug said........ its not that far (closer if he is the one speeding.... oh i mean driving) Stephen and I will be there EVERY game at gates open as usual. Jon..... well........ depends on if he can get off work if the game is on Friday night or Monday......:laugh: Oh well...... to bad... so sad...... its his fault we are moving....:laugh: Not to mention we already have our season memberships.............. and even further to that.... if this is mattys last year..... damn straight I m gonna be there:thumbsup:

But big thanks for taking over the Relay for Life.

I was actually really looking forward to it. You already have the log in details and stuff..... they sent a pack but it really doesnt have that much in it. I could scan it and email it to you if you want.

Oh and putting the call out now sons 1, 2 and 3........Late night games means mummas gonna need somewhere to crash..... maybe if you take in turns it wont be so bad:laugh:

titanstattman
07-03-10, 12:45 PM
Oh and putting the call out now sons 1, 2 and 3........Late night games means mummas gonna need somewhere to crash..... maybe if you take in turns it wont be so bad:laugh:

Any time u need a spot to say ur more than welcome... u can just come stirght to ours nd go to games all together

GCT_07
07-03-10, 01:21 PM
Any time u need a spot to say ur more than welcome... u can just come stirght to ours nd go to games all together

How far is the walk......:ugh:

Just jokes....... muahhhh ........ muchly appreciated...... :salute:

titanstattman
07-03-10, 02:49 PM
How far is the walk......:ugh:

Just jokes....... muahhhh ........ muchly appreciated...... :salute:

Well i still park at daveys place... So the walk from there

DIEHARD
17-03-10, 06:23 PM
We are going to kick off fundraising at the Raiders game, so bring your wallets. And put your hands up if you would like to have some books of tickets to sell to your friends and families.

Also please please sign up for our Legion team online on the Cancer Council website. I haven't as yet, but will next week.

DIEHARD
25-03-10, 04:47 PM
I just signed up on the Cancer Council website and joined The Legion team and started my fundraising.

Please sign up as well or donate online.

CLICK TO VIEW THE LEGION RELAY FOR LIFE PAGE (http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/TeamPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&teamID=33025)

I've contacted the club about getting a Titans jersey, still waiting for a reply. Worst case scenario we can sell tickets on the day.

But please dont waste any time and get into fundraising.

Blazertaser
25-03-10, 07:26 PM
Hey guys
Need any more helpers? Im up for it :)

Blazer:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
01-04-10, 08:50 PM
I just got confirmation from the Titans that they will be donating a signed 2010 Titans jersey to our cause.

We'll be selling tickets at the next two home games at $5.00 a piece.

Please get behind this important cause.

Also please please sign up for the team online through the Cancer Council website. It costs $15.00 which covers all the admin costs and you get a Relay for Life shirt to wear. We only have three signed up so far and we need more.

This also allows you to donate directly to the cause!

1. Buy tickets in our signed Titans jersey raffle at the next two home games. In The Legion
2. Sign up for the Relay for Life team and also donate and get people to donate directly through - http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/thelegion10

Sydney Titans Fanatic
01-04-10, 11:30 PM
sounds awsome wish i was there will buy plenty of raffle tickets though

DIEHARD
01-04-10, 11:34 PM
sounds awsome wish i was there will buy plenty of raffle tickets though

Thanks mate! We need to raise as much money as humanly possible.

DIEHARD
07-04-10, 07:36 AM
OK we need to plan our camp. Does anyone have a tent we can use like last year?

Also please remember to bring some extra cash to buy some raffle tickets for Friday. $5.00 each for a signed Titans 2010 jersey donated by the club.

I'll be disappointed if we don't raise a good bit of money.

CLICK TO VIEW THE LEGION RELAY FOR LIFE PAGE (http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/TeamPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&teamID=33025)

Please donate or join our Legion Relay For Life team!

DIEHARD
08-04-10, 11:37 AM
Remember to bring some extra cash to buy some tickets in the signed jersey raffle. We need to raise money now, as the event is the following weekend!

Steve
08-04-10, 12:54 PM
So with Ma pulling out, it's just Brad and myself?

We've got the makings of a great tradition here, and those who've been before know how fun and rewarding it is. I'd hate to see this die in the ****.

titanstattman
08-04-10, 03:02 PM
So with Ma pulling out, it's just Brad and myself?

We've got the makings of a great tradition here, and those who've been before know how fun and rewarding it is. I'd hate to see this die in the ****.

I myself will be there davey,steve, mel maybe ma

And i think we will have a few new commers this year..

I w should be able to hav a tent thing with sum tarps......

GCT_89
08-04-10, 04:51 PM
hey guys, i know ive helped out alot in the previous 2 years, but this year i wont be able to contribute as much... but my goal is to try my hardest to be there on the night......

good luck with everything else though..... this is a great event, and it is for a great cause....im glad its becoming a yearly tradition for some of us.....

daveyk
08-04-10, 10:05 PM
i will be there without a doubt...

my fundraising has had to take a back seat due to work....

DIEHARD
10-04-10, 07:02 PM
Donate and get people to donate directly through - http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/thelegion10

Steve
10-04-10, 10:07 PM
I'm gonna get this printed and hopefully matted as a second prize for the raffle.
Took it at the relay last year.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/relay09/hope4.jpg

DIEHARD
10-04-10, 10:47 PM
Words cant describe how beautiful that picture is. Its amazing.

I think that will be a very attractive prize for people.

Also notice how the colours in the picture are Titans colours?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
13-04-10, 08:56 PM
This is a really major cause, i justed wanted to say i cant make it to the camp out this year, deffiently do it next year, also I am going to donate $50 each week till the end of the relay as i have had friends who have passed away with cancer...This is a magnifcent cause so guys get behind it....

hully gully
13-04-10, 10:33 PM
I'm gonna get this printed and hopefully matted as a second prize for the raffle.
Took it at the relay last year.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/relay09/hope4.jpg

your pictures are always stunning Steve it should be in a gallery or have a gallery on here so we can browse all your works not just the footy pics you take...

DIEHARD
14-04-10, 10:28 PM
Sting the Scorpion, the mascot of the South Wales Scorpions RLFC just donated $20.00 to The Legion team. Thank you!

Please guys chip in, we need more!

DIEHARD
14-04-10, 10:47 PM
A kind Broncos fan named Jay-Lee just donated $20.00 to The Legion Relay For Life team. Come on Titans fans! Dig deep! And well done to Jay-Lee.

Please donate online here -> http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/thelegion10

titanstattman
15-04-10, 10:47 AM
Ok just to let u all know we will have BLADE here for this great event

TITAN PETE
15-04-10, 01:59 PM
I made a donation & i'll catch u Brad on Friday night to buy some tickets :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
15-04-10, 03:26 PM
I made a donation & i'll catch u Brad on Friday night to buy some tickets :thumbsup:

Thank you so much Pete! :thumbsup:

Our team total now stands at

Team Results: The Legion

Total Amount Raised: $551.00 [ 55 % of goal]
Fundraising Goal: $1,000.00

Please keep the donations coming, if you don't have a credit card. See me tomorrow night at the game.

I think we can smash our fundraising goal and give go much higher. :)

Boofhead
15-04-10, 06:12 PM
Great cause, donated $20.

Get into guys.

:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
15-04-10, 06:55 PM
Info from Cancer Council

Only 2 more sleeps!!!!

Just wanted to send out a few last minute reminders…

Before the event:

Please make sure all your team members are registered so they can receive their shirt and ID bracelet.(in team kits)

Please bank before tonight if you wish to be in the running for the Highest Fundraising Team.

If you do not get money banked before Fri please do not bring it to relay. You will be able to continue with banking after the event.

Don’t forget to bring

first aid kit for your team(we will have a registered nurse/first aiders onsite also)
drinking water for your team members
torch
warm clothes
extra socks (maybe spare shoes)
Mosquito spray and sunscreen and hat
PLEASE HAND IN RAFFLE STUBS to the registration tent on Sat in readiness for drawing
Please encourage all team members to bring plastic plates, cutlery and cups to use when getting food and drinks (this will greatly assist us to cut down on rubbish and costs)
On the day

Camp Set Up from 12 midday

Team Registration Bags available from 2pm at Cancer Council tents (programs, candles included)

Team Captain meeting at 3pm – Cancer Council tent

Survivor Afternoon Tea at 3.30pm. (survivors will receive their survivor sash and be able to write a message in our Survivor thoughts book

Opening Ceremony starts at 4pm

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me…

Julie

daveyk
15-04-10, 07:55 PM
am registered and donated an extra $30

daveyk
15-04-10, 07:58 PM
oh... the total now stands at $601

DIEHARD
15-04-10, 11:26 PM
Kylie just registered as a team member and chipped in a donation.

So with that and Davey's effort and some other donations coming in we are...

Total Amount Raised: $641.20

DIEHARD
16-04-10, 01:52 PM
Keep those donations coming and keep fundraising guys!

titanstattman
16-04-10, 02:01 PM
And wat time will every1 be there set up is from 12 but im thinking we get there abit earlier

DIEHARD
16-04-10, 02:39 PM
Definitely get tere early to try and nab a good possie.

Bring sleeping bags, beanies and pillows.

Hopefully no wet weather for the first time ever!!!

daveyk
16-04-10, 04:33 PM
just counted up what i had in my yellow tin... so u can add another $45 to that total....

DIEHARD
16-04-10, 10:31 PM
Well done Titans fans. You can feel very proud. We collected alot of money at the game tonight. I will post a total when I get home.

DIEHARD
17-04-10, 02:08 AM
TOTAL BANKED WITH CANCER COUNCIL

Amount raised: $759.20 [ 76% of goal ]
Fundraising goal: $1,000.00

TOTAL RAISED AT THE DRAGONS GAME THROUGH RAFFLE TICKETS

$270.00

COMBINED TOTAL = $1,029.20

We will be selling more tickets at the Relay For Life and we will be drawing it at the Panthers game. To allow more funds to come in and also because the Titans get the signed jerseys in next week. We also have some pledges for donations next week. :)

We have eclipsed our target goal of $1,000.00. Our best ever total. Now let's SMASH IT!

DIEHARD
17-04-10, 12:42 PM
Another $15.00 donated.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
17-04-10, 07:31 PM
good to see benny ikin buy 2 raffle tickets as well=$10

DIEHARD
17-04-10, 09:07 PM
It's raining here!! On and off.

DIEHARD
17-04-10, 09:09 PM
Blade and Turbo made an appearance. Much to popular acclaim.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
17-04-10, 09:17 PM
wish i was there

daveyk
18-04-10, 08:54 AM
there happened to be some wedding photos going on just next to relay.... and whilst were walking our beloved mascots over to the opening ceremony... tatts pointed the wedding out to blade...

well that was it, he was off like a child.... to much appluase and illation, blade and turbo were the wedding crashers... probably one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time..... everybody loved it and am sure the boys will make the wedding album...

titanstattman
19-04-10, 10:17 AM
Ok well its monday nd boy am i sore..... It was a great night Steve, Brad, Steve M, Blaze ans Myself stayed up all night and we did hav a lot of fun nd im wonding how many other teams wat to be set up next to us next year...

It dont matter how big and tough nd quiet about ur feelings this kind of thing will allways bring a tear to sum1's eye. And i cant wait to do it all over again next year for the relay for life's 10th year.

Im looking forward to Diehards wrap up of the night i hav a feling u will all have a laugh nd hope by u readying it u will all try nd be part of it next year.

Thanks to Kylie, Blaze, Steve M for staying to the end of the event nd to help pack up..

DIEHARD
19-04-10, 07:03 PM
What a weekend... what a fantastic weekend... It's hard to say BEST RELAY EVER, cause everyone is so different and special. But wow...

My feet are blistered and Im sore as.

Once I recover, I will post a recap. But between us we took a good few pictures.

Well done to all who attended and well done to everyone who donated to the cause!

GCT_91
20-04-10, 12:30 AM
yea relay was good this year.

blade and turbo crashing the wedding photos :salute:

my legs are just starting to come right now. it wasnt so bad last year coz i was fit, but this year i have lost all my fitness and its hurts. :( its worth it tho.

cant wait for next years relay.

titanstattman
04-05-10, 10:03 AM
hey brad how ya re-cap going???? dont make me go get the crow.......LOL