PDA

View Full Version : Mixed results for Titans juniors

DIEHARD
17-02-10, 03:32 PM
Mixed results for Titans juniors
Darren Hart and Adam Gardini

There were mixed fortunes for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans junior representative sides in the opening round of the Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga Cup at Kougari Oval, Wynum on Saturday night.

Up against the Wynnum Manly Seagulls, the Titans under 16s won 16-6 while the Under 18s went down 22-12 despite scoring three tries to their opponents' four tries.

Titans Under 16s coach Aaron Zimmerle said that both games were scrappy and quite typical for the start of the season.

"I think all four sides were quite rusty tonight and this showed in completion rates across the board,'' he said.

"Personally I thought our strength was our attitude in defence and this is what won us the game.

"As a team we have plenty of room for improvement and I was particularly happy with the contribution of some of our younger players who really stepped up to the grade.

"We will be bolstered by the return of our Indigenous rep players next week so I'm confident we are on track for a succesful season.''

Both sides will now take on the Sunshine Coast at Stockland Park in round 2 next weekend with the Under-16s kicking off 4pm and the Under-18s at 5pm.

Result summary:
Cyril Connell Cup (Under 16s)
Gold Coast Titans 16 (Costner Lemafa, Ali Grant, Kane Elgey tries; Kane Elgey 2 goals) defeated Wynnum Manly 6 (Jarrod Munro tries; Ben Jackson goal)

Mal Meninga Cup (Under 18s)
Wynnum Manly 22 (Benaiah Bowie, Luke Ferry, Chase Beckham, Henry Ah Sam tries; Kurt French 3 goals) defeated Gold Coast Titans 12 (Ben Marui-James, Hemi Boynton, Jackson Springer tries)

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

quinn loves titans
17-02-10, 05:08 PM
meh our u 20 will suck this year without ridge