PDA

View Full Version : AFL Gold Coast VS Gold Coast NRL

titansrawesome
04-02-10, 05:17 PM
Do you think in 2011 that the afl will steal away titans fans?

quinn loves titans
04-02-10, 05:22 PM
no titans will become the gold coast team gc is rugby based its lot like victoria

DIEHARD
04-02-10, 06:00 PM
I really dont think so. There is a distinct difference in the people who will be the core fans of the two clubs. I'm sure GCAFL17 will get support from local AFL fans. But they also support other clubs.

I question the club's viability.

I'm sure many people who attend Titans games might take a look, but we certainly won't lose 'em. This is Titan's Town! :D

titansrawesome
04-02-10, 08:12 PM
i don't want to be cynical by why would stupid anna bligh plege all this money into a new stadium to a sport that obviously is only really popular with ex-victorians and south australians etc. i hope they do bad and they fold quick. i know im not being fair.

jonesy09
04-02-10, 09:37 PM
I'm a massive soccer fan (please dont hate) but would much rather wake up at midnight every saturday night to watch a round of english premier league than watch the A league and predicted the lack of crowds and support for the Comp. AFL will never struggle nation wide but i think they could find it very tough in what now seems a tough market (Gold Coast) for anyone other than the Titans.

Cowboy Titan
04-02-10, 09:47 PM
Titan's fans will stay loyal, especially with 4 years head start and a great home record.

I like both games but I've probably attended 10 NRL games to every 1 AFL game as I think the NRL is a much better spectacle.

It's good to see all the Gold Coast's national teams doing well with both the Blaze & GC United 2nd on the ladder. It's all good for the Gold Coast. We should end up with all 3 of our national teams making the finals this season.

titansrawesome
04-02-10, 10:50 PM
I'm a massive soccer fan (please dont hate) but would much rather wake up at midnight every saturday night to watch a round of english premier league than watch the A league and predicted the lack of crowds and support for the Comp. AFL will never struggle nation wide but i think they could find it very tough in what now seems a tough market (Gold Coast) for anyone other than the Titans.

its ok i stay up l8 to watch chelses games on saturdays then watch a crappy gc united no talent game.