PDA

View Full Version : Trial 1: TITANS vs BRONCOS @ Ipswich Feb 12

DIEHARD
31-01-10, 05:45 AM
Friday, February 12
TITANS COMPOSITE TEAM v BRONCOS NYC (Under-20s)
Briggs Road Oval, Ipswich

TITANS

1 Shannon Walker
2 Joseph Tomane
3 Sam Tagataese
4 Clinton Toopi
5 Jordan Atkins
6 Jamie Dowling
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Matthew White
9 Riley Brown
10 Selasi Berdie
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Will Matthews
13 Ryan Simpkins
14 Ryan James
15 Dominic Walsh
16 Ronnie Alovili
17 Marshall Chalk
18 Ben Ridge
19 Warren Schillings
20 AJ Gilbert
21 Jacob Ling

BRONCOS

TBA

DIEHARD
31-01-10, 05:49 AM
This game is our first and is only under 2 weeks away.

Is anyone planning on attending? Last time we had a trial at Ippy against the Raiders that time, in 2008, only GCT 89 and myself were there but that was before we all knew each other by and large.

This time we have an opportunity to get a good group of Titans fans out there and its against our bitter rivals, the Broncos.

For those that can't make the game, we will certainly be doing live scores and photo uploads.

DIEHARD
31-01-10, 01:09 PM
Friday Night 12th Feb at Briggs Rd
5.30pm - Ipswich Jets Q Cup v Titans under 20's
7.30pm - Titans v Bronco's
Tickets only available at Gate -More details coming soon

Source: Ipswich Jets

GCT_89
31-01-10, 02:46 PM
wont be able to make this one.....got a 21st to go to....

DIEHARD
04-02-10, 03:55 PM
Senior Titans named for Ipswich trial match

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright has named a former International and a host of senior players in a 21-man composite squad to take part in the club’s first hit-out of the pre-season at Ipswich next Friday.

The composite NRL/NYC squad, which includes former New Zealand International Clinton Toopi and senior players Matt White and Sam Tagataese, will clash with the Brisbane Broncos NYC team at Briggs Road Oval, Ipswich on Friday night.

It will mark the first appearances in Jetstar Titans colours for new recruits Joseph Tomane, who has joined the club from the Melbourne Storm, and Riley Brown, formerly with the Sydney Roosters and Newcastle Knights.

Also included in the squad are Ipswich Jets players Warren Schillings, AJ Gilbert and Jacob Ling.

The trio have trained with the Jestar Titans during the pre-season as part of the club’s feeder arrangement with the Jets – an agreement which was recently extended until the end of the 2013 season.

The full 21-man squad is listed below:

1 Shannon Walker
2 Joseph Tomane
3 Sam Tagataese
4 Clinton Toopi
5 Jordan Atkins
6 Jamie Dowling
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Matthew White
9 Riley Brown
10 Selasi Berdie
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Will Matthews
13 Ryan Simpkins
14 Ryan James
15 Dominic Walsh
16 Ronnie Alovili
17 Marshall Chalk
18 Ben Ridge
19 Warren Schillings
20 AJ Gilbert
21 Jacob Ling

Source: Titans

Sydney Titans Fanatic
04-02-10, 06:50 PM
yer i fly into the gold coast this day... i will prob be there if other ppl are going, anyone got any idea who captain is

quinn loves titans
04-02-10, 08:17 PM
clinton toopi is the captain

lonegull
05-02-10, 06:05 AM
huge centre pairing in Toopi and tagatese, great to see Shannon Walker get a start would love to see him recapture his old form from the queensland cup

DIEHARD
05-02-10, 08:57 AM
Walker gets Titans run

SHANNON Walker will make his much anticipated return to Titans colours in the club's first trial next week.

The young outside back, once dubbed the next big thing, had season 2009 culled by a serious hamstring injury.

But the 21-year-old has worked hard during the off-season to reach peak fitness and has been presented with an opportunity to run out for the club in their first trial against the Brisbane Broncos at Ipswich next Friday night.

The Broncos will basically field an under-21 side, but Titans coach John Cartwright has given several of his more experienced men the opportunity to impress.

Those from the top grade who will have a run include New Zealand international Clinton Toopi and senior players Matt White and Sam Tagataese.

Teenage sensation Jordan Rankin and promising forward Will Matthews also earned a start.

New recruit Marshall Chalk also gets his first start for the club.

Last year's under-20s captain Ben Ridge, who suffered a horrific leg injury which ended his season last year, will also play in the clash.

And feeder club Ipswich Jets players Warren Schillings, AJ Gilbert and Jacob Ling were notable additions.

The trio have trained with the Titans during the pre-season as part of the club's feeder arrangement with the Jets an agreement which was recently extended until the end of the 2013 season.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

timor 2
05-02-10, 01:24 PM
Friday, February 12
TITANS COMPOSITE TEAM v BRONCOS NYC (Under-20s)
Briggs Road Oval, Ipswich

TITANS

1 Shannon Walker
2 Joseph Tomane
3 Sam Tagataese
4 Clinton Toopi
5 Jordan Atkins
6 Jamie Dowling
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Matthew White
9 Riley Brown
10 Selasi Berdie
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Will Matthews
13 Ryan Simpkins
14 Ryan James
15 Dominic Walsh
16 Ronnie Alovili
17 Marshall Chalk
18 Ben Ridge
19 Warren Schillings
20 AJ Gilbert
21 Jacob Ling

BRONCOS

TBA

Hi guys i am hoping to get to the game as i live in Ipswich, are there many supporter coming up? let me know and i hope to say gday, the ground is fairly small, all depends on work but will let you guys know. Any idea of where to get tickets for this game?

Cheers Sean

DIEHARD
05-02-10, 01:51 PM
Hi guys i am hoping to get to the game as i live in Ipswich, are there many supporter coming up? let me know and i hope to say gday, the ground is fairly small, all depends on work but will let you guys know. Any idea of where to get tickets for this game?

Cheers Sean

You get tickets from the gate Sean, so try and get there early. There is no pre-sale.

I'll be heading there and I know alot of other Titans fans will as well, so we can definitely do a meet up. I can pass on my mobile so we can zero in, it's a bit tough to go by landmarks and seating, cause we don't know where we will be sitting.

Let us know if you can make it mate. :thumbsup:

Sydney Titans Fanatic
05-02-10, 07:24 PM

Cheers Sean

i thought i heard someone say that they were only available at the gate

timor 2
06-02-10, 10:12 AM
You get tickets from the gate Sean, so try and get there early. There is no pre-sale.

I'll be heading there and I know alot of other Titans fans will as well, so we can definitely do a meet up. I can pass on my mobile so we can zero in, it's a bit tough to go by landmarks and seating, cause we don't know where we will be sitting.

Let us know if you can make it mate. :thumbsup:

Thank guys for the info.Yeah guys i rang the Jets league club and tickets are
at the gate only... Adults $10.00 and children are $5.00.

Cheers sean P.s will let you know if i am going...

quinn loves titans
06-02-10, 10:54 PM
hey yeah i might go up whats ur number diehard?

DIEHARD
10-02-10, 03:27 PM
Broncos Under 20's Boosted By Bulk

THE WOW Brisbane Broncos will roll out a host of NRL players to combat a strong Gold Coast Titans outfit in the trial Briggs Road, Ipswich on Friday night.

Ben Teo, Josh McGuire, Lagi Setu and Alex Glenn have been added to a team of young under-20 players after the Titans named a side full of senior players.

The Broncos quartet will bolster the Broncos, who also have a first-grade side playing against the Melbourne Storm this weekend in Rockhampton.

Former Norths Devils back rower Matt Gillett will also play against the Titans.

Broncos team to play Gold Coast Titans at Briggs Road, Ipswich, 7.30pm on Friday February 12:

NYC Broncos

1. Todd Murphy
2. Tyson Brookes
3. Josh Williams
4. Alex Glenn
5. Dane Gagai
6. Jordan Kahu
7. Louis Frisby
8. Ben Faulkner
9. Tennyson Elliott
10. Josh McGuire
11. Ben Te?o
12. Lagi Setu
13. Matt Gillett

Reserves:
14. James Ackermann
15. Ryan Hansen
16. Nathaniel Peteru-Barnett
17. Korbin Sims
18. Mitchell Frei
19. Lachlan Maranta
20. Chris Binge
21. Benn Malley
22. Aaron Whitchurch

Coach: Matthew Wood

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au

isaiah
11-02-10, 01:49 AM
broncs team

todd murphy
t brookes
j williams
6 j kahu
7 l frisby

etc etc

titansrawesome
11-02-10, 08:00 AM
i thought jordan kahu signed to the tigers?

DIEHARD
11-02-10, 11:00 AM
Timor 2 tells me he rang the Ipswich Leagues Club and they said that gates open at 4pm Friday. Thanks for that info mate!

DIEHARD
11-02-10, 11:11 AM
Aaron Whitchurch named for Broncos

http://images.whereilive.com.au/images/uploads/2010/02/11/6ac302613e1eb79857f3471978538262_resized.JPG
Game on ... Aaron Whitchurch will lace up his boots for the Broncos against the Titans.

DELANEYS Creek native Aaron Whitchurch has been included in a Broncos outfit to play the Gold Coast Titans tomorrow night.

Two Broncos second-string sides will be in action this weekend.
The sides will be without most of the big-name NRL stars, including Darren Lockyer, Israel Folau and Nick Kenny.

Whitchurch, a former Stanley Rivers junior who has been a Broncos development player for some years, has been named on the interchange bench for the Broncos? match against the Titans at Briggs Rd, Ipswich.
The strongly built outside back played for the Australian schoolboys? side last year.

Former Redcliffe High student Josh McGuire, who played NRL for the Broncos in 2009 and Bribie Island Warrigals product Matt Gillett, are also in the side, as are Redcliffe-aligned youngsters Todd Murphy, Dane Gagai, Tennyson Elliott and James Ackerman.

Gillett, who left Bribie in 2008 to pursue his NRL dream with Norths, has been named to start at lock. That side will be coached by Matt Wood, who coached Redcliffe?s colts in 2006 and 2007.

There are also plenty of familiar faces in the other Broncos trial team, which plays Melbourne Storm in Rockhampton on Saturday.

Fullback Josh Hoffman, winger Mitch Rivett and forwards Matt Britt and Michael Spence are all in the 23-player squad.

The Broncos side will be under the guidance of new Broncos assistant, and former Dolphins Queensland Cup coach, Anthony Griffin.

Hoffman, Rivett and Spence all played for Redcliffe last season, while Britt has been picked up by Brisbane from the Canberra Raiders under-20s and will play for the Dolphins when not required at Red Hill.

Source: http://caboolture-shire-herald.whereilive.com.au

Jaye001
11-02-10, 01:06 PM
I just hope they have enough ambo's on standby for the destruction toopi will cause if he hits some of these younger players with full force!!!!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 10:55 AM
The Titans will take a 20-man squad into the trial against Brisbane after young prop Ronnie Alovili was ruled out with a shoulder injury.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 11:27 AM
Moses to debut in centres

THE Ipswich Jets hope man mountain Moses Manu will become another Mal Meninga when he debuts at centre in tonight?s trial against the Gold Coast Titans U20s.

The 193cm, 110kg former prop will arguably be rugby league?s biggest outside back and Jets coach Glenn Lazarus said he would cause havoc against the young Titans at the Briggs Road Sporting Complex.

?He?s our answer to Mal Meninga, but he?s probably bigger than Mal,? Lazarus said.

?He?s not a boofhead prop. He?s got beautiful hands and he?s just as fast as our other outside backs.?

Manu, a former gridiron star for American college Kansas State University, has been training at centre for the past month.

Lazarus said he would be used in a similar vein to how the Broncos played NRL star Dave Taylor late last season.

?During the season he may revert back to the forwards for some games, but even then he will be roaming out wide just like Taylor did for the Broncos,? Lazarus said.

When Titans coach John Cartwright visited the Ipswich Jets on Monday, Lazarus mentioned Manu as one to watch.

?He?s a long way off the NRL but Cartwright will be keeping an eye on him and later this year you never know, but he?s not at that level yet,? Lazarus said.

The Jets vs Titans game begins at 5.30pm. It will be followed at 7.30pm by the Titans senior players facing a Broncos side that includes Lagi Setu, Ben Te?o and young star Alex Glenn.

The Titans side features several Jets players ? Jacob Ling, AJ Gilbert, Marshall Chalk and Warren Schillings alongside NRL regulars Sam Tagataese and Matthew White.

Manu said tonight?s trial would show him how well he had adapted to centre.

Riverview-based Setu was stoked to play a game in his home city.

?The boys have been joking all week that half the crowd will be made up of my family,? Setu said.

?I haven?t played in Ipswich since I was 13 so I?m heaps excited.?

Ian Lacey and Danny Coburn will not play for the Jets tonight as Lazarus looks to give his untried players a chance to impress.

The Queensland Cup season kicks off on March 13 when the Jets face Easts Tigers.

TONIGHT?S teams at RACEVIEW

Ipswich Jets v Gold Coast Titans U20?s, Briggs Rd, 5.30pm

Jets: Luke Walker, James Furminger, Brendon Marshall, Moses Manu, Jarrod McInally, Todd Riggs (C), Paul Mennell, Ryan Barton, Michael Fisher, Taikaha Brown, Cameron Woo, Tyson Lofipo, Villi Fainga?a. Interchange: Adam Boettcher, Ramone Fillipine, Diego Coydre, Smith Samau, Callum Waldrum, Kieron Lander.

Gold Coast Titans U20?s: TBA.

Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos, Briggs Rd, 7.30pm

Titans: Shannon Walker, Joseph Tomane, Sam Tagataese, Clinton Toopi, Jordan Atkins, Jamie Dowling, Jordan Rankin, Matthew White, Riley Brown, Selasi Berdie, Bodene Thompson, Will Matthews, Ryan Simpkins, Ryan James, Dominic Walsh, Ronnie Alovili, Marshall Chalk, Ben Ridge, Warren Schillings, AJ Gilbert, Jacob Ling.

Broncos: Todd Murphy, Tyson Brookes, Josh Williams, Alex Glenn, Dane Gagai, Jordan Kahu, Louis Frisby, Ben Faulkner, Tennyson Elliott, Josh McGuire, Ben Te?o, Lagi Setu, Matt Gillett. Interchange: James Ackerman, Ryan Hansen, Nathaniel Peteru, Korbin Sims, Mitchell Frei, Lachlan Maranta, Chris Binge, Benn Malley, Aaron Whitchurch.

Source: http://www.qt.com.au

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 04:30 PM
Heading to the game now. I'll post score updates!

Coaster
12-02-10, 04:38 PM
Awesome thanks brad, i am very keen to see how Tomane, Toopi, Chalk go

I think Rankin is about an inch taller then last year also, looking more like a 5/8 all the time, he is a nice guy hope he plays well

isaiah
12-02-10, 05:43 PM
i thought jordan kahu signed to the tigers?

supposedly, yes, but has ended up at the broncs

isaiah
12-02-10, 06:18 PM
Heading to the game now. I'll post score updates!

i'd imagine brisbane will win this trial if at all serious about it.
first grade depth seems to be a weak point in titans history and their juniors are certainly below the standard of the young broncs.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 06:24 PM
Broadcasting live from the Titans vs Broncos trial game in Ipswich. Half time in NYC, Ipswich Jets 8 Titans NYC 6. Titans wearing away strip and it looks amazing. No major sponsor. More soon.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 06:26 PM
Titans are fielding a new team in the second half. Game us also being played in quarters. Jets remain unchanged.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 06:29 PM
Caught up with Timor and his family from the forum. And Matt from the Southern Legion will be here soon!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 06:55 PM
Jets score on 3/4 time in curtain raiser. 24 to 6

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:15 PM
Carty on deck. Titans warming up

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:41 PM
Tomane scores outside. Just two mins in. Possibly his first touch of theball.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:43 PM
Rankin fails to convert. But a sweetgrubber from him gets us agoal line drop out

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:45 PM
Speaking of Rankn he scores off that set! And converts! 10 Nilotic Gold Coast

Coaster
12-02-10, 07:46 PM
Good stuff I hope they put 80 on them

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:47 PM
Maroon menance aggressively attacking our line. Big hit from Berdie!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:50 PM
Broncos put up bomb twenty out. We knock it over sideline. Their scrum twenty out. We hold the line. Titans onthe charge. Whoops we kicked it out on the full. It was Rankin. Scrum forty from broncos line

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:53 PM
Great defence from Titans. Line drop out.

Coaster
12-02-10, 07:54 PM
Awesome updates brad sounds like a good game

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 07:56 PM
Titans hold out for three sets. Broncos look to score under posts. But Bronco drops it. Looks like a sneaky hand from one Shannon Walker

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:00 PM
Omg! We just witnessessome rugby league magic. Cross field bomb. Tomane leaps and knocks it back for Tags to score in the right hand corner. Looked like. It was gonna go out but not to Joseph! Conversion misses. Titans lead 14 nil at end if first 1/4. Did I mention he scored on the buzzer?!?!

quinn loves titans
12-02-10, 08:01 PM
this is great stuff

isaiah
12-02-10, 08:01 PM
Broncos put up bomb twenty out. We knock it over sideline. Their scrum twenty out. We hold the line. Titans onthe charge. Whoops we kicked it out on the full. It was Rankin. Scrum forty from broncos line

i'm loving the reports, thanks diehard

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:04 PM
Second 1/4 is go!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:07 PM
We score on left wing. Not sure who as they have stopped announcing names. Got Matt from Southern Legion and Timor here helping with the info. I think it's Atkins? We miss the kick. 18 nil to the Gold Coast

quinn loves titans
12-02-10, 08:08 PM
god suck at conversions whos kicking

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:10 PM
Apparently they did announce it and it was Atkins. I guess I'm either deaf or talk too much, maybe both! Also I think it aS Bodene with the big hit earlier not Berdie. More soon. 12 leftinthis 1/4 we are attacking their line ten out with a couple tackles to spare.

Coaster
12-02-10, 08:12 PM
They should give Tomane a kick at goal

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:13 PM
That resulted in a drop out, Matt says that's the first time we have been inheir ten and failed to score. Oh here we go! Aj Gilber. Is in! 24 nil to the Gold Coast. Rankin converts. Nine to go till half time!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:19 PM
Heavy assault by Brisbane. Ball comes lose. Tags picks it up and smashed 30 metres down field. Broncos hold him down. Results on a penalty to us. Broncos now have a scrum twenty out and are moving into our territory now.

titansrawesome
12-02-10, 08:26 PM
you should be taking andrew voss' job, btw is toopi playing?

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:27 PM
Min to go. Titans throwing the ball around aggressively. Possibly a forward pass amongst that series of play. Broncos pick up a lose ball. Luckily our boys tie him down and don't let him make much ground at all. Thats the buzzer. It's half time. Hope the boys can carry it on in the next term. One Broncos forward limped off.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:33 PM
Kick off for the second half! Titans look for the over lap. Broncos intercept attempt but drop it. Our scrum. A promising set follows but Broncos regain possession ten out from their line. Titans look switched on.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:36 PM
Walker swallows a bomb and slices up field making about 30 to 40. Fancy footwork. He looks to support. Two titans in support. He passes. Nothing comes of that play. A minute later Tomane strikes again besides the right hand post. He scores! 28 nil 15 mins til end if 3rd quarter. Kick misses btw.

Coaster
12-02-10, 08:39 PM
Tomane really sounds exciting.

I can not understand why we are not letting him kick at goals, Rankin will not be playing first grade this year if Prince stays fit

quinn loves titans
12-02-10, 08:41 PM
hahahah def not he aint experienced enough LET TOMANE KICK GOALS he sounds good aye when toops on

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:41 PM
23 scores after Atkins nearly scores. Tomane strikes again and also scores. He had takenovet kicking. Sweet kick. It shaves the left upright! 34 nil to Titans. 9 till 3/4 time! What a game!

Coaster
12-02-10, 08:44 PM
wow they are carving up, its only a trial of course, but great to hear guys like Tomane doing so well

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:44 PM
Bear with me if I fail to give names and numbers. It's hectic here. Atkins us having a strong game. Atkins gathers the ball for another strong run up the left flank. I yell out "Go Atkins! I just wrapped you on the Internet!!"

Coaster
12-02-10, 08:45 PM
Bear with me if I fail to give names and numbers. It's hectic here. Atkins us having a strong game. Atkins gathers the ball for another strong run up the left flank. I yell out "Go Atkins! I just wrapped you on the Internet!!"

haha

you going awesome Brad, thanks heaps for this

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:50 PM
Titans on the attack from a scrum 20 out from Brisbane's line. Oh yea! After some patient work We get a try out right. Shannon Walker scores! Tomane shrewdly converts. Now 40 nil! 30 seconds till 3/4 time.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 08:54 PM
Broncos getting frustrated. Going for big hits on our boys. But they aren't fazed. Titans huddle to plan the killer blow and get the momentium. Broncos hold hands and comfort one another. But serious Titans. Defence for the last 1/4. We want a clean sheet against these guts!

Coaster
12-02-10, 08:56 PM
I want another 20 points at least hehe.

Grind them into the dirt

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:01 PM
Our gang of Titans fans gas moved to the try line for a better look at some possible tries. 15 to go. No score in final 1/4

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:04 PM
Our idea pays off! We cheer in a try to Riley Brown. We claim try assist. Conversion successful by Shannon Walker. 46 nil. 12 ti go until fulltime

quinn loves titans
12-02-10, 09:05 PM
shannon walker kicks? good technique?

isaiah
12-02-10, 09:07 PM

lol, that is a classic

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:08 PM
One particular Broncos fan is going nuts. Crowd visibly thinned. Broncos fans vacate the vacinity.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:11 PM
Broncos looked like they'd score. But bundled into touch. Titans march onto the 50m line. Game seems to have slowed. Titans still in command. We dro it. Broncos feed. About 50 line. Under 5 to go.

Coaster
12-02-10, 09:12 PM
Would like at least 50

quinn loves titans
i want one more to get to 50 that would be mile stone just in manly beat sharks 18 - 4 in trial

Coaster
Fire them up diehard!!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:15 PM
Walker comes out of no where revs up. Must have made 60 m on the swerve. Bronco comes hard foe him. Walker implement a well timed bounce to avoid a tackle. Under the posts!!

Coaster
12-02-10, 09:16 PM
NIIIIIICE!!!

Get that up yas Brisbane. Long drive back to that muddy river of yours

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:18 PM
Full time. 52 nil. Titans wins. Diehard sprints to secure the corner post ad a momentous if the slaughter. Matt waves the Titans flag on victory. Crazy broncos fan comes over and shakes our hands and says see us at Lang Park. A very drunk good sport.

Coaster
12-02-10, 09:25 PM
Loving it, any injuries ?

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:27 PM
Awww they took my postback. Lol. What a great might in Ipswich. Saw somw great skill and brilliance from many many players! Time to head home and rest up for the all stars!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:29 PM
Loving it, any injuries ?

Not that I'm aware. None visible. Might be some niggles.

Coaster
12-02-10, 09:31 PM
Thanks again mate

quinn loves titans
12-02-10, 09:34 PM
:( poor brad hahahah sucks i asked my dad if i could go to all stars game when they first started advertising then he said well by tickets there god he was wrong :(

isaiah
12-02-10, 09:42 PM
Awww they took my postback. Lol. What a great might in Ipswich. Saw somw great skill and brilliance from many many players! Time to head home and rest up for the all stars!
fantastic updates, sounds like tomane and s.walker were good. the forwards must have dominated like a steve price led qld pack!

titansrawesome
12-02-10, 09:43 PM
did my boy clinton play?

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:45 PM
Wow my phone is at 28% batteries. I got some dodgy photos on facebook that I will paste across later when I get home. A good hitout for our boys. Regardless of the fact that it's a trial, it sure is great to see the boys in our jersey pile on the points. I don't think Toopi got much game time. Possibly a handful if minutes. Have to wait for the official match report. Have to see if my car us still there as well. Great evening ang really whetts the appitite for NRL 2010!

titansrawesome
12-02-10, 09:48 PM
lets hope we can pile on the points and have sturdy defence during the season so we actually end up with a good points difference.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 09:57 PM
lets hope we can pile on the points and have sturdy defence during the season so we actually end up with a good points difference.

Which is so very critical these days in the competiative NRL. It's like a race within a race with f/a when it gets tight. I'm confident and hoping fir a Top 4 berth again this season.

titansrawesome
12-02-10, 11:13 PM
i was thinking along the lines of a minor premiership which would boost crowds and also get a 200k reward, but lets see how we go.

GCT_91
12-02-10, 11:25 PM
wow we carved up. great commentating brad.

how did they look in the new jerseys?

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 11:35 PM
wow we carved up. great commentating brad.

how did they look in the new jerseys?

Really good mate! I was impressed, the blue swords comes through great. Hopefully we can make the new away jersey a frequent winner in 2010.

Highlights of the night were also meeting Timor and seeing Matt from the Southern Legion once again. The iconic fan who went bisserk post Roosters v Titans win at Gosford when we scored in the last moment with Chris Walker. Great to see him up this side of the border and he'll be at tomorrow's All Stars as well.

Also invited Timor 2 to join us in the Legion when he can get to a game this season. Be great to introduce you to the crew timor!

A healthy crowd was there, maybe a bit smaller than the one we saw at the Titans vs Raiders 2008 Trial. Titans definitely had the majority of support. Although I dont think too many Titans members made the journey. Which is understandable considering the timing and focus on the All Stars. Our numbers were boosted by the many local Titans fans from the Ipswich region. The crowd seemed to be very knowledgable with a few of them helping me with game info during the game.

Time to turn in and recharge for the All Stars! Nothing like a game of rugby league to get you revved up for 2010.

Say what you will about the bearing of the game, but it's great for the fans to have a win. And any win against the maroon and gold is welcome! Pride in the jersey!

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 11:42 PM
But first here are my dodgy pictures of tonight's trial against the Brisbane Broncos. Complete with captions I posted as they were taken.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327795848618_710583618_4624647_4121590_n.jpg
Broncos NYC warm up. Ready to get hammered

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19249_327797063618_710583618_4624649_5065082_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19249_327804398618_710583618_4624661_1018330_n.jpg
Titans prepare for battle! Carty on deck.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327822683618_710583618_4624824_8270751_n.jpg
Ipswich locals enjoy the game free of charge standing on their ute looking over the fence

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 11:52 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327827743618_710583618_4624873_201726_n.jpg
Broncos run out

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327866383618_710583618_4625022_2893491_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327877633618_710583618_4625040_894161_n.jpg
Titans half time huddle.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19249_327879093618_710583618_4625046_4690018_n.jpg
Broncos half time chat about how they will be spending the remainder of the weekend.

DIEHARD
12-02-10, 11:54 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327904808618_710583618_4625056_1393143_n.jpg
Titans dug out

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19249_327905958618_710583618_4625057_2039341_n.jpg
Carty, Gilly and the brains trust watch play.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19249_327906958618_710583618_4625059_1738900_n.jpg

amaline
13-02-10, 06:57 AM
Although I dont think too many Titans members made the journey.

I made the trip. I was going to give you a call to see where you guys were sitting, but I used all the battery on my phone trying to work out how to get there. :doh:

Steve
13-02-10, 07:41 AM
Great win!
I ended up in bed early, but Mat Rogers was tweeting updates, sounded like Tomane had a ripper. Like Mat said, you don't get points for winning in February, but it's always good to win.

quinn loves titans
13-02-10, 09:27 AM
sure is defines season but this wasnt really a trial have to wait till rabbitohs btw poor cronulla 2 their players got injured

DIEHARD
13-02-10, 09:43 AM
I made the trip. I was going to give you a call to see where you guys were sitting, but I used all the battery on my phone trying to work out how to get there. :doh:

Ah damn. Would have been great to catch up. Next time! Great to know that you made it though!

I saw Mat Rogers, Brad Meyers and Mini there watching the team play. I'll have to go read Mat's tweets!

Coaster
13-02-10, 10:52 AM
sure is defines season but this wasnt really a trial have to wait till rabbitohs btw poor cronulla 2 their players got injured

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/coasterphotos15/yoda.jpg

timor 2
13-02-10, 12:17 PM
Really good mate! I was impressed, the blue swords comes through great. Hopefully we can make the new away jersey a frequent winner in 2010.

Highlights of the night were also meeting Timor and seeing Matt from the Southern Legion once again. The iconic fan who went bisserk post Roosters v Titans win at Gosford when we scored in the last moment with Chris Walker. Great to see him up this side of the border and he'll be at tomorrow's All Stars as well.

Also invited Timor 2 to join us in the Legion when he can get to a game this season. Be great to introduce you to the crew timor!

A healthy crowd was there, maybe a bit smaller than the one we saw at the Titans vs Raiders 2008 Trial. Titans definitely had the majority of support. Although I dont think too many Titans members made the journey. Which is understandable considering the timing and focus on the All Stars. Our numbers were boosted by the many local Titans fans from the Ipswich region. The crowd seemed to be very knowledgable with a few of them helping me with game info during the game.

Time to turn in and recharge for the All Stars! Nothing like a game of rugby league to get you revved up for 2010.

Say what you will about the bearing of the game, but it's great for the fans to have a win. And any win against the maroon and gold is welcome! Pride in the jersey!

Hi Brad it was great to catch up and meet youeself and Matt from Southern legions. mate i hope to make it to a game on the coast this year and it would be good to meet the other members. mate have fun tonight at the all stars game.

Cheers Sean

amaline
13-02-10, 12:36 PM
Ah damn. Would have been great to catch up. Next time! Great to know that you made it though!

I saw Mat Rogers, Brad Meyers and Mini there watching the team play. I'll have to go read Mat's tweets!

I saw Tonga, Gordon, Harrison and Friend wandering around. It's good to see so many of them make the trip up to support the team.

Quite a few of them looked a lot bigger than I remember. Walsh and James looked huge!

DIEHARD
13-02-10, 01:07 PM
Tomane impresses as Gold Coast Titans thrashes Brisbane Broncos

Melbourne Storm signing Joseph Tomane scored two tries and kicked two goals for Gold Coast Titans in their 52-0 thrashing of the Brisbane Broncos.

Tomane, also set up a try for dynamic fullback Shannon Walker who showed touches of brilliance.

Walker finished with a brace of tries, his second an 80-metre effort against the run of play after he brilliantly fielded a short kick by Lachlan Maranta.

A former schoolboy rugby union star, New Zealand-born Tomane played right wing and was rested for the final quarter of the one-sided contest.

Broncos fielded a much younger side than the Titans who were led by prop Matt White with Sydney Roosters signing Riley Brown also providing NRL experience in the rucks, and finishing with a try in his debut for the club.

Gold Coast led 24-0 at half-time with halfback Jordan Rankin crossing for a try as well as causing plenty of headaches with his passing and kicking game.

Broncos forwards Ben Te'o and Josh McGuire brought off several memorable big hits. Otherwise the Titans' forwards did as they pleased with giant 18-year-old Ryan James scoring a block busting try.

Former New Zealand international Clinton Toopi, who is playing for a contract at the Titans, had a quiet night in the centres and his hands let him down several times.

The only casualty was Broncos forward Korbin Sims who suffered a leg injury just before half-time.

English forward Mark Flanagan scored two tries on debut for Wests Tigers in their 28-4 win over North Queensland Cowboys in muddy conditions in Mackay on Friday night.

The Cowboys led 4-0 at halftime but the Tigers scored 18 points in the third quarter with Daniel Fitzhenry prominent out of dummy half and halfback, Blake Lazarus also causing plenty of headaches.

Fitzhenry, who has returned to Sydney after a stint in England with Hull KR, is seen as the back-up hooker to Test star Robbie Farah.

Lazarus is a nephew of former Test prop Glenn Lazarus and Friday night's game was only his third in two years after a shocking run with injury.

Halfback Ray Thompson was the Cowboys player of the match.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

quinn loves titans
13-02-10, 06:00 PM
wot dissapointed me was rankins kicking game and toopi wat happened but when we went to tomane we were all good

titansrawesome
13-02-10, 09:20 PM
i wish toopi had a better game, 2 trials left to prove himself. at the moment i would put tomane and rogers at centres.

DIEHARD
17-02-10, 05:57 PM
Axe backs young Titans

AS the Gold Coast Titans pushed through the energy sapping humidity at the Briggs Road Sporting Complex yesterday, assistant coach Trevor Gillmeister was able to smile.

Partly because the former Ipswich Jets coach liked what he has seen from the squad in its time in Ipswich, and partly because he wasn?t one of them.

?I?m reluctant to get too carried away but we have more depth than last year,? Gillmeister said, expressing his thoughts on how the Titan?s squad is shaping up.

?Touch wood, injury wise we have good competition for spots.?

The Titans came through Friday?s trials at Briggs Road unscathed, beating a senior Broncos squad 52-0.

?The best thing is they got a bit of match fitness and no injuries and we kept them to nil,? Gillmeister said.

?In the first couple of months of the season defence is the key.

?It?s the key for most of the year but it takes a while for your attack to get going.?

Most of the senior Titans squad on Friday were fringe first graders and some of them moved up the pecking order with strong performances.

?Quite a few of the blokes, like Riley Brown, impressed,? Gillmeister said.

?Shannon Walker impressed me.

?He got more involved and has put on about six or seven kilograms. Joseph Tomane was another.

?For a bloke like Ben Ridge, it was his first game back after a broken leg so he should only get better and better.?

Gilmeister also had words of encouragement for Boonah?s utility player Marshall Chalk.

?Luke O?Dwyer probably won?t play until round 10 and he is very much our utility,? the Queensland State of Origin legend said.

?So there are blokes (like Chalk) in the running for that spot.

?That is something Carty (Titans coach John Cartwright) has to think about.?

Gillmeister was also impressed with what he saw in the Friday evening?s early trial, in which the Ipswich Jets beat the Titans under-20s 40-6.

?There were a couple of good young kids running around,? the man known as ?The Axe? said.

?I don?t want to put too much of a mocker on them but I think they should have a good season.?

Gillmeister is enjoying his role as sounding board between Cartwright and Jets coach Glenn Lazarus.

?It is going to help Carty heaps,? he said.

?He was stretched last year doing both roles.

?For blokes coming back from (the Titans) to (the Jets) I can sit down with them and show them what they need to improve on.?

Source: http://www.qt.com.au

quinn loves titans
17-02-10, 06:23 PM
SO MUCH DEPTH. Come on under 20's lol, cant wait to pick up moses.

isaiah
27-02-10, 10:32 PM
SO MUCH DEPTH. Come on under 20's lol, cant wait to pick up moses.

so much optimism, flogged by cowboys

jonahorse
06-03-10, 06:55 PM
This guy is my homie!!
:thumbsup: