PDA

View Full Version : Broncos lose Hodges for up to six months

TITAN PETE
11-01-10, 10:00 PM
Brisbane centre Justin Hodges is facing up to six months on the sidelines after rupturing his Achilles tendon during NRL pre-season training.

Hodges will undergo surgery on Tuesday night to repair the damage, which was suffered when he stepped in a small hole while taking part in a conditioning drill at the University of Queensland on Saturday morning.

The Test star attempted to get up after his initial fall, but was in obvious agony with Broncos coach Ivan Henjak admitting his 27-year-old was visibly upset as he realised the seriousness of the injury.

Medical staff won't know the full extent of the damage until after the surgery is completed, but it appears Hodges would be lucky to get back on the park before the second half of the season.

That would also leave him struggling to play any part in Queensland's State of Origin campaign, with the final game to be played in Sydney on July 7.

"It's not real flash for us, but the positive is that it's happened in the pre-season and we've got plenty of time to look to all the options," Henjak told AAP.

"We've got three trials to work things out."

The injury is likely to see Israel Folau move back to right centre, his preferred position, with Steve Michael favoured to assume the left centre berth.

patskE
11-01-10, 10:42 PM
who will be fb now but?
read an article yesturday they were planing to use hodges back there and move folau out to centre anyway. casue henjack wants lockyer in his prefer possie.

DIEHARD
12-01-10, 03:32 AM
This is a big loss for the Broncos and Queensland. The Broncos really need Hodges because of the loss of Hunt. I hope to see him get fit soon. It's a terrible injury.

Not the sort of rugby league news I like to read. :nope:

DIEHARD
12-01-10, 06:48 AM
Looks like Tonga will get a shot at Origin to replace Hodges. Keep fit Willie!

curly_11
12-01-10, 02:51 PM
ahahahaha I loved hearing the news of this :D

Sucked in Broncos!

As for the fullback dilemma they have a few backup options...winterstein and i think Kemp is back after failing at the warriors!

Capital_Shark
12-01-10, 07:44 PM
Sucks from a Queensland perspective, but I can't help but be exciting by the idea of a centre pairing like Folau and Michaels in defence :laugh:

Add this to their weak pack and ageing trump card and fingers crossed the donkies won't make the 8 in 2010. Its more likely though the mongrels will do one of their late season, last minute screamers into the finals once Hodges returns. Someone remind of this when their odds to make the 8 blow right out!

And I second DIEHARD's sentiments RE Willie Tonga keeping fit and in good form.

DIEHARD
13-01-10, 03:40 AM
As for the fullback dilemma they have a few backup options...winterstein and i think Kemp is back after failing at the warriors!

I'm looking forward to Kemp returning. I think he is a great player with great potential. His move to the Warriors was a real disapointment.

DIEHARD
15-01-10, 09:32 AM
No Hodges means we (Titans) have a better chance of rolling them (Broncos) at Lang Park in Round 10. We really need to start winning more games at Lang Park.

GCT_07
25-01-10, 07:14 PM
ohhhh baduggerbudger....... sorry.... trying to fake being upset over this increadably ummmmmmmmm joyful news :laugh:

Coaster
28-01-10, 04:48 PM
After last years Semi i no longer have any soft spot for the Broncos at all, i would like to see how many regular games Hodges has played for the Broncos in the last 3 years, not including semis ect, would not be too many IMO

Boofhead
28-01-10, 05:38 PM
After last years Semi i no longer have any soft spot for the Broncos at all, i would like to see how many regular games Hodges has played for the Broncos in the last 3 years, not including semis ect, would not be too many IMO
Why did you have to bring that up that night... WHY! :fist:

Little part of me died after that semi... and along with it my soft side for them too.

titanstattman
28-01-10, 08:02 PM

Why did you have to bring that up that night... WHY! :fist:

Little part of me died after that semi... and along with it my soft side for them too.

I had to wash my eyes out after reading this soft spots crap......

There shouldnt be any soft spots for donkeys......:fist: :mad:

daveyk
28-01-10, 09:49 PM
I had to wash my eyes out after reading this soft spots crap......

There shouldnt be any soft spots for donkeys......:fist: :mad:

daveyk likes this :thumbsup: