PDA

View Full Version : Media beat up: "How boozy Bird prepares for season"

GCT_89
11-01-10, 04:17 PM
How boozy Bird prepares for season
By James Hooper and Jessica Halloran

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/01/09/1225817/679421-greg-bird.jpg
Doubling up ... Greg Bird drinking beer at the Gold Coast Turf Club yesterday. Photograph: Anthony Reginato Source: The Sunday Telegraph

IT was good to see Greg Bird getting back on NRL pace at the Magic Millions race meeting on the Gold Coast yesterday.

The Titans recruit was clearly enjoying his day off, doing some training of a different kind after spending last season in France with Les Catalans.
We're not sure if he backed a winner, but he certainly looked to be enjoying himself.

Tell us what you think of Bird's effort in the comment field below.

Still, it hasn't been all beer and skittles as the former Test five-eighth has been getting acquainted with his new team-mates on the Gold Coast.

Yes, it's thirsty work, that off-season training - and conditioners always tell you to keep the fluids up.

Birdy is clearly taking the tip.
SOURCE: The Daily Telegraph (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/how-boozy-bird-prepares-for-season/story-e6freye0-1225817682782)

This is utter rubbish!
How can the media get away with this?

Boofhead
11-01-10, 05:20 PM
Lucky they didn't get a photo of me, I was probably holding four rums at one stage!

What a joke, typical from these media jerk offs.

Ryan
11-01-10, 05:24 PM
Wow! - It took the combined efforts of TWO "professional" journalists to create this one!
Looks like a personal agenda....
Going by the 100 comments after the story, sounds like Bird has alot more support than the media portraying his life do.......

patskE
11-01-10, 07:48 PM
lol
theres 100's of reasons y his holding 2, ie someone just got him a new one, due to rounds n stuff
this aint no story
did he do anything wrong becasue of drinking at that event? i havnt heard anything...
its this type of story's that gets the public hating bird, casue, ohhh his drinking again...

also, wheres the lemon or lime? birdy birdy birdy

titansrawesome
11-01-10, 10:09 PM
who even reads that paper? not me, must be nothing else in the news to report on for them.

teke
12-01-10, 03:30 AM
Garbage article. I certainly hope neither of these 2 journos come on here asking for some fan input/help.

DIEHARD
12-01-10, 03:56 AM
Wow! - It took the combined efforts of TWO "professional" journalists to create this one!

Yea my thoughts too. No wonder he wanted to leave Sydney.

This is just such baseless gutter journalism. And I dont think they are winning many new readers.

lonegull
12-01-10, 06:53 AM
when i first read it i thought it was a joke, just goes to show some people have nothing better to do

Steve
12-01-10, 09:06 AM
Two journalists?

For the one story, no. For the nine stories on the one page, quite likely.

hugebrianfan
12-01-10, 10:22 AM
This is stupid, They're picking on him because he's been in trouble in the past. Come on he was only enjoying himself. And he's most likely holding another person's beer for them.

helcam4
12-01-10, 07:14 PM
the only thing i got out of this photo is that birdy looks like he has lost a bit of weight. must be putting in a good off season. i for 1 hope he comes out and has a blinder all year and these gutter scrappers, sorry news reporters shut the hell up.

Capital_Shark
12-01-10, 07:31 PM
Birdy looks fit and healthy! He's certainly worked off the croissants. Must definitely be getting shaped for a role in the halves to be that size he looks like he did at 18/19 but a bit more defined.

Get used to these articles but the DT have a massive agenda against Bird - they had him hung, drawn and quartered before any real details began to emerge from the glassing incident. My fingers are still crossed that he and his woman follow through with talk of legal action against the reporting of that.

At least he's no longer referred to as ex-Cronulla bad boy. haha he and his media baggage is officially your problem now. He'll more than make up for it on the paddock though.

On another note, Titans have shortened a further $3 into $10 on the minor premiership betting in the space of about 10 days. Something is still telling me to hold onto my cash though...

jimbeam06
13-01-10, 07:16 PM
They need to get there story straight anyway birdy was just holding my beer for me while i went to the pissa...:thumbsup:

titanstattman
13-01-10, 07:26 PM
bahahahahahahahahaha wat a joke!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sydney Titans Fanatic
14-01-10, 09:48 PM
What a load of crap!! The only paper in Sydney that reports any rugby league stories because the sydney morning herald isnt contracted to report them and the last time the sydney morning herald reported something on league it was willie offically signed with melbourne

Good to see the titans fans sticking up for there players

Nathalie
16-01-10, 11:29 AM
No matter what anyone thinks of Bird, this article is just complete and utter rubbish. Seriously. He could've had another one due to rounds being bought (as was just said on the previous page), coulda been holding jimbeam's beer while he went to the toilet.. or just had two beers for himself. WOOHOO. And yes - no lime?? Come on Bird :p

quinn loves titans
16-01-10, 01:44 PM
wat a load of absolute donkey fur the only thing in this picture that proves anything is that he is going to be our 2010 5/8 :) which is the way it should be we have a perfectly fine back row:D

2 authors give me a brake well i guess thats sydny for you a gealous stupid city.