(7.30pm Sydney)

ROUND 5 - April 9 - 12
Titans vs. Storm
Skilled Park
Friday 7.35pm
Channel 9

amaline
09-12-09, 06:19 PM
I was hoping the bunnies game would be on a Saturday. It'll be too hard to get down there after work. It's a shame, this years bunnies titans game was awesome.

And wasn't something said about not putting games on at 1pm up here? I'm glad I'm getting Legion tickets in the shade next year!

DIEHARD
09-12-09, 06:22 PM
Round 1 - Looks like another 1pm scorcher like in 09 against the Knights. Bring lots of water and sunscreen!

Round 2 - Should be a blockbuster, games between us are always good. And both teams, particularly the Bunnies will be stronger. We will also have played them in previous weeks in that Coffs trial game. I'll be attending this game, would have preferred a Saturday or Sunday though.

Round 3 - Saturday night games are my favourite. So a welcome game on a Saturday night against Canberra. We all remember the 09 game, where we won in the last seconds.

Round 4 - QLD derby, hope to get to this one. being Easter I should probably book asap. Saturday night helps the travelling Titans fans.

Round 5 - Titans v Storm blockbuster on a Friday night. Should definitely get my brother a Stormer to come down.

Exciting stuff.

DIEHARD
09-12-09, 06:28 PM
And wasn't something said about not putting games on at 1pm up here? I'm glad I'm getting Legion tickets in the shade next year!

Yea mate! Glad to hear it! Shade is one of our unique competitive advantages. :laugh:

Big shame about the Friday scheduling, but I can see why it'd be perfect Friday night fodder. It will stop alot of us travelling. I'll hope to get the day off. 2009's away game against the Bunnies was definitely a season highlight.

amaline
09-12-09, 06:30 PM
Yea mate! Glad to hear it! Shade is one of our unique competitive advantages. :laugh:

Big shame about the Friday scheduling, but I can see why it'd be perfect Friday night fodder. It will stop alot of us travelling. I'll hope to get the day off. 2009's away game against the Bunnies was definitely a season highlight.

Actually, I don't have uni on a Friday next semester. First time ever! I may be able to make it after all.

The big thing that won me over with the legion is that Broncos final. So much better sitting/standing with Titan's fans rather than where we were in the middle of different away supporters each week.

karnage
10-12-09, 08:35 AM
Hi guys - haven't been on here since the end of last season as I have had a Spring Carnival to get through. I have also been giving my alias 'Gaz' a bit of a run over on the GCFC forum but I just can't get people to bite to my negative posts - probably because nobody is posting there at all:laugh: .

Anyway... it is pure rage that got me back onto the Titans forum in the middle of summer. That season opener of ours is completely %#!*ed.

1pm Sunday for our season opener. Give me a break - there is not one worse timeslot for SEQ than that one - an absolute stinker. There is no doubt we will win as the Warriors will simply melt in the summer (well early Autumn...) heat but to top it all off we get a 5 day turnaround into a Friday night game off what will be a 'gutbuster'.

Same rubbish draw last year when we sweltered against the Knights then played flat as a tack against the Dragons.

Disgraceful...

karnage
10-12-09, 08:40 AM
Gaz's post to the GCFC forum was 30th November. It is still the most recent post. They are really building some momentum over there...

Jaye001
10-12-09, 08:50 AM
Anyway... it is pure rage that got me back onto the Titans forum in the middle of summer. That season opener of ours is completely %#!*ed.

1pm Sunday for our season opener. Give me a break - there is not one worse timeslot for SEQ than that one - an absolute stinker. There is no doubt we will win as the Warriors will simply melt in the summer (well early Autumn...) heat but to top it all off we get a 5 day turnaround into a Friday night game off what will be a 'gutbuster'.

Same rubbish draw last year when we sweltered against the Knights then played flat as a tack against the Dragons.

Disgraceful...

Couldnn't agree more with you..... Poor people sitting in the eastern stands are going to get toasted if this weather hangs around a bit. I thought the NRL said after last year there would be no more early day games in QLD (start of the year). Just further illusrtates how much power the television networks have. They don't give a **** about the players or the fans its all about there time slots. Pure BS in my opinion

shamus
10-12-09, 09:32 AM
I am straying off topic a little too (apologies Brad) but 1pm where I used to sit in the Eastern Stand (Row 29) was hot but not in the direct sunlight so survivable and I really felt for everyone in Rows 1 thru to about Row 16.

Anything later than 1pm sucked coz by mid second half I would have the sun in my face. But things have changed this season woo hoo as I have moved seats. Still the Eastern Stand but now in Row 16 Oh yeah!.....

Oh.......wait a minute....

karnage
14-12-09, 08:23 PM
'Gaz's' post from the 30th November is STILL the last thing written on the GCFC message board. Those Gold Coast AFL fans are full on aren't they??

Let's hope it is a sign of things to come and that the 'No-Namers' can attract some Gold Coast United style home crowds...

DIEHARD
14-12-09, 08:33 PM
It is a great concern for them, the Titans had a tremendously strong online community dating back to 2005 and the first night the website went live.

daveyk
14-12-09, 11:50 PM
bring on feb 13... the skilled park staff wont know what to do with the FULL HOUSE signs going up.... :thumbsup:

their summer holiday is due to finish on that day.... :laugh:

the first few league games may be a bit sketchy because they will all be out of practise... :laugh:

hugebrianfan
15-12-09, 12:35 PM
Hm.. i hope i'll be able to make a few of these games. I have a job now and lately ive been working at night! I'll have to see how i go and if im working that night. Im only casual so i could be able to make some

Boofhead
16-12-09, 02:30 PM
So goes another year where we won't be able to give heaps to Steve Turner at Skilled Park. Shame...

karnage
16-12-09, 04:37 PM
So goes another year where we won't be able to give heaps to Steve Turner at Skilled Park. Shame...

You can make up for it by giving him plenty up at Lang Park on the night of the double header!!

titansrawesome
17-12-09, 01:32 AM
i wanna see the storm game the most, it'll be interesting seeing how i said the titans could be in the top 2 and the storm barely ever miss the finals.