PDA

View Full Version : Forum gone commercial???

Ryan
06-12-09, 02:40 PM
Hey Brad whats going on here?
I only just noticed the Dell banner.....
Are they corporate sponsors or just commercial advertisments?

DIEHARD
06-12-09, 05:02 PM
Well how it works is that many months ago, the Titans website switched to the club network. Which comprises the NRL.com site and most of the other NRL club websites excluding Warriors and Souths.

The clubs generate revenue through advertising that appears on their websites. Most of the time it has been for rugby league promotions such as Finals Series, Origin, All-Stars and othr competitions. But also ads for companies, which are usually sponsors of rugby league as well.

I added the adcode for the NRL club network to the forum, so they also appear here. I did this ages ago though, a few months into the season.

Which is pretty good because it helps us keep up to date with NRL promos.

But sometimes they are corporate ads as well. Especially in the off season with less NRL promotions. The promos would likely be mirrored throughout the NRL club network.

So it is different when we have a Dell ad up there, it even throws me for a few seconds when the page loads.

Also if you click on it, the Titans make money. :)

Ryan
06-12-09, 05:04 PM
Well how it works is that many months ago, the Titans website switched to the club network. Which comprises the NRL.com site and most of the other NRL club websites excluding Warriors and Souths.

The clubs generate revenue through advertising that appears on their websites. Most of the time it has been for rugby league promotions such as Finals Series, Origin, All-Stars and othr competitions. But also ads for companies, which are usually sponsors of rugby league as well.

I added the adcode for the NRL club network to the forum, so they also appear here. I did this ages ago though, a few months into the season.

Which is pretty good because it helps us keep up to date with NRL promos.

But sometimes they are corporate ads as well. Especially in the off season with less NRL promotions. The promos would likely be mirrored throughout the NRL club network.

So it is different when we have a Dell ad up there, it even throws me for a few seconds when the page loads.

Also if you click on it, the Titans make money. :)

Fair enough...........