PDA

View Full Version : Titans giants give a little TLC

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 04:47 PM
Titans giants give a little TLC
Adam Gardini

They are intimidating on the field but Jetstar Gold Coast Titans duo Sam Tagataese and Matt White today proved they were gentle giants off it.

White, a 114kg prop, and Tagataese, a 103kg second rower, today paid a special visit to the Titans Learning Centre (TLC) at Mudgeeraba Creek State School.

The pair generously gave up time on their only day-off in the lead-up to Friday night?s elimination semi-final against Parramatta at the Sydney Football Stadium to spend time reading and interacting with the students currently attending the TLC.

The TLC is designed for students who are at risk of disengaging from school and provides a social skilling based program that looks at raising resilience in self esteem.

The TLC classroom has also been themed in a sea of blue and gold balloons and streamers as part of the club?s Titans Town promotion.

?It?s always good to help out the kids,?? said White.

?We saw lots of support last weekend with the massive crowd at the Broncos game and everyone?s been behind us with Titans Town so it?s good to give back to the community.??

Community visits are not a new thing for Tagataese, who has volunteered his own time this year to regularly assist with the running of a program for Polynesian youths at the Tweed Heads PCYC.

?It?s good. Hopefully they look up to us and we inspire them to do things and make them realise they?ve got goals that they can achieve,?? he said.

Tagataese said he was hoping to make the most of his own opportunity this weekend when he takes the field in only his second ever finals appearance.

?It?s a good opportunity. I was down in Melbourne for three years but didn?t get a chance to play finals football so now I?ve got a chance, hopefully I can use it.??

White said the enormity of Friday night?s match against the Eels had not been lost on the players.

?It?s a big opportunity. We?re only really two games off a grand final.??

The Titans will leave for Sydney tomorrow, with fans expected to turn out to at Gold Coast Airport to see them off ahead of the biggest match in the club?s history.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au