14. Kevin Kingston
15. Feleti Mateo
17. Tim Mannah
19. Joe Galuvao

Referees: Shayne Hayne & Jared Maxwell
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Steve Carrall
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan
(Standby Referee: Gavin Badger)
(Standby Sideline Official: Russell Turner)

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 12:26 PM
Game thread is up!

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 12:28 PM
Add me to the list too :thumbsup:

Lets make sure we all get there as a Group & i hope we are going to Sydney :fist:

Done mate! Plans are in motion! It all depends on the game this arvo. I hope Parra win, flights to Melbourne would be expensive because of the AFL. :mad:

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 12:31 PM
Time to fire up, we may have lost but we move on to Week 2 of the Finals for a 2nd bite of the cherry!

Our opponent will be either Parra (If Parra win this arvo) or Storm (If Dragons win)

TITAN PETE
13-09-09, 12:31 PM
Done mate! Plans are in motion! It all depends on the game this arvo. I hope Parra win, flights to Melbourne would be expensive because of the AFL. :mad:

The difference for me 2 tickets is $350 return to Sydney against $1200 to Melbourne :nope: ,,,,,,,, Go Parra :fist:

mupk87
13-09-09, 01:27 PM
today marks the first time i can remember cheering on the eels..:ugh:

daveyk
13-09-09, 01:32 PM
add me to the list.... alo cant afford but meh... who needs to eat

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 01:36 PM
Fly to Sydney and drive to Melbourne? :ugh:

amaline
13-09-09, 03:47 PM
So if Eels win, we play them on a Friday and if Dragons win we play the Storm on a Saturday?

patskE
13-09-09, 05:48 PM
we are playing the eels!
yeh boi
bring it on
iam pump and going
need some war paint

patskE
13-09-09, 05:51 PM
friday night at 730 SFS

Tamwelg
13-09-09, 05:55 PM
Woohoo Eels win and I think we can take them next week.

karnage
13-09-09, 06:00 PM
I'm keen as anything to go down. I dropped $200 on the boys last night but am confident of scraping enough coin together to get down there.

Can Jeststar, our principle naming rights sponsor do anything for us??

Just need a leave pass from the better half...

TITAN PETE
13-09-09, 06:02 PM
You Beauty :fist: .....Plane Tickets already bought & paid for:thumbsup:

kwigibo
13-09-09, 06:04 PM
I would get some people together to drive down, but I think I might have to work that night, so I might not even get to watch the whole game.

patskE
13-09-09, 06:07 PM
i rather eels at sfs then melb in melb any day
we can take em
we need to target wright n burt side casue his a very weak link, thats is if inu is out still

meter maid
13-09-09, 06:12 PM
Worst case scenario for me.
Parra were/are my#1 team although being a Coaster of course we follow the Titans and have season tix. (can u have 2 fav teams?)
Will have to get down for the game...probably driving.
At least ONE of my teams are gonna get through, will be wearing both teams gear...at least they're the same colours!!!

patskE
13-09-09, 06:15 PM
is zillman back this week?
walker to keep his spot over atkins? or delaney to come in?

gotitans101
13-09-09, 06:17 PM
Think I would have preferred the Storm the way Para played today. :ugh: Oh well.

is zillman back this week?
walker to keep his spot over atkins? or delaney to come in?

who knows....Zilly should be back but not sure about Delaney, be interesting to see what Carty does.

Coaster
13-09-09, 06:24 PM
Think I would have preferred the Storm the way Para played today. :ugh: Oh well.

No chance, Dragons didnt throw a thing at them, and we have NEVER lost to Para not even in a trial.

This is the best case scenario, forget Parra's form for a second, after a disappointing loss, we get the opportunity to play 8th spot next week, which is a hell of lot better then playing 4th spot, after they just demolished last years premiers.

We are IMO lucky, we have found ourselves on the best side of the draw, with the Dogs and Parra, while the other side has Broncos/Dragons/Storm

Im actually excited again, after being depressed for the last 23 hours

Rage
13-09-09, 06:31 PM
I think we can win with:

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Rogers
4. Walker
5. Mead
6. Presto
7. Prince

That backline in itself has so much attacking brilliance, we can score 40+ for the first time with the forwards having a blinder of a game

Steve
13-09-09, 06:33 PM
I reckon we can take the Eels, especially if the ref remembers his glasses.

Probably the biggest issue is Hayne. You can't defend against him in form.
Should be a cracker of a game!

Coaster
13-09-09, 06:35 PM
Actually Hayne is the man with ball in hand, but the main players IMO for the Eels are Hindmarsh and Moi Moi.

We need to be on our game, but there is still some life in this season yet.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
13-09-09, 06:37 PM
Ticket Information

Season Titan Members Go on Sale at 9am monday morning

All other fans 9 am tuesday

Just thought id let you know i amm in the process of making a big titans flag for this game.....THE "SOUTHERN" LEGION WILL BE ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

For people who dont live in sydney the best way to get to the sydney football stadium is by catching the shuttle from central station....

Btw does any1 know what toyota cup game will be on b4 the main game next week

karnage
13-09-09, 06:37 PM

That is exactly how I feel.

Plane tickets are bought and paid for. Would appreciate a heads up on what seats to buy etc as I have never travelled to an away game. I'm flying out of Coolie at 16.30 with Jetstar - if anyone is on the same flight let me know.

daveyk
13-09-09, 06:39 PM
we can do this......

daveyk
13-09-09, 06:44 PM
That is exactly how I feel.

Plane tickets are bought and paid for. Would appreciate a heads up on what seats to buy etc as I have never travelled to an away game. I'm flying out of Coolie at 16.30 with Jetstar - if anyone is on the same flight let me know.

am looking at that flight also.... when u coming back???

Sydney Titans Fanatic
13-09-09, 06:49 PM
The Nrl has appointed the Supporter bays for the Titans fans will be located in Bays 36 to 39 which is located in Category 1
Adult
$55.00
Concession
$45.00
Family
$165.00

Tickets go on sale tommorow

daveyk
13-09-09, 06:56 PM
Titans to face Eels in Week 2 of finals
Adam Gardini
Sunday, September 13, 2009
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will take on Parramatta at the Sydney Football Stadium this Friday night in week 2 of the NRL finals series.

The Titans' opponent for the second week of the finals was sealed today after Parramatta scored an upset win over minor premiers St George Illawarra.

1st Semi-Final: Friday, September 18, 7.45pm, at Sydney Football Stadium
NRL: Parramatta Eels (W4) v Gold Coast Titans (L2)
Toyota Cup: Canberra Raiders (W4) v Wests Tigers (L2) 5.30pm

Tickets will go on sale to Ticketed Club Members of the competing NRL clubs from 9am-7pm on Monday, September 14, and to the general public from 9am on Tuesday, September 15.

Ticketed Club Members can purchase up to four (4) tickets per pass, up to a limit of eight tickets in total. All customers can purchase a maximum of eight (8) tickets.

Supporter bays for Eels fans will be located in Bays 31 to 34.

Supporter bays for Titans fans will be located in Bays 36 to 39.

Tickets are available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or online at www.ticketek.com.au. New Zealand customers can call 0800 842 538 or +61 132 849.

In all cases, Ticketed Club Members of competing NRL clubs must produce their pass to collect tickets ordered on the phone.

Ticketed Club Members of the competing NRL clubs will be able to purchase tickets online during the Exclusive Pre-sale Periods.

Price Category 1 2 3
Adult $55.00 $45.00 $35.00
Concession $45.00 $35.00 $20.00
Family $165.00 $130.00 $90.00

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=20204&titans-to-face-eels-in-week-2-of-finals

eelectrica
13-09-09, 07:03 PM
I knew this day would come sooner or later.
The team I've cheered for years Vs the Team I've been cheering every second week for the last 3 years. I screamed myself ho**** trying to get the Titans home last night and Rode every crunching Parra tackle today.

At least I've got one team in the prelims. Given the way Parra have come from no where to make the finals and the way they played today I'll probably cheer on Parra.

So for this week I'm delivering the Titans the chair shot to the head and am turning heel. and supporting Parra.

Sorry guys, but go Parra!!!

I think the Titans will win though. The heat and short turn around would have taken a lot out of parra today all the defence they did in the first half hour.
Sounds like Rogers will be Ok and the Titans of course have another attacking weapon with Zillman back.

Parra should have Inu back so that adds even more potency to their attack.

This is going to be a great game. Wish it wasn't being played friday though. I would have loved to have made the trip to sydney to watch it.

eelectrica
13-09-09, 07:07 PM
Worst case scenario for me.
Parra were/are my#1 team although being a Coaster of course we follow the Titans and have season tix. (can u have 2 fav teams?)
Will have to get down for the game...probably driving.
At least ONE of my teams are gonna get through, will be wearing both teams gear...at least they're the same colours!!!

Yes, the Titans are new team so I think the rules can be ammended for this.
Knowing one team will be one game away will make things a little easier I guess.

eelectrica
13-09-09, 07:09 PM
No chance, Dragons didnt throw a thing at them, and we have NEVER lost to Para not even in a trial.

This is the best case scenario, forget Parra's form for a second, after a disappointing loss, we get the opportunity to play 8th spot next week, which is a hell of lot better then playing 4th spot, after they just demolished last years premiers.

We are IMO lucky, we have found ourselves on the best side of the draw, with the Dogs and Parra, while the other side has Broncos/Dragons/Storm

I agree. Winner of this game will be playing the Grand Final I think. Their is mixed news on Kimmorley weather he'll be right for the prelim or not.

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 07:55 PM
We (Legion.Southern Legion) will email out some precise seating info for the Southern Legion on Friday. There are three Titans bays, but we will likely target bay 36.

Check back here for more information about tickets later tonight!

Beachbub23
13-09-09, 08:09 PM
Im going to be there too!! Got flight booked and paid for already!!
Last night was such a good game and I hope this one will be just as good!!
Cant wait to get out the face paint and hair spray again!! :D

TITAN PETE
13-09-09, 08:12 PM
Im going to be there too!! Got flight booked and paid for already!!
Last night was such a good game and I hope this one will be just as good!!
Cant wait to get out the face paint and hair spray again!! :D

I hope u are not flying from Japan :p

meter maid
13-09-09, 08:26 PM
Anyone know what time the ticketek agencies are open till?
I assume Robina is only till 5 or 5.30 but what about the arts centre???

I have to do a first aid course tomorrow from 9am-5pm at Helensvale so am worried about missing out. Surely the tix won't sell out tomorrow???

karnage
13-09-09, 08:39 PM
I have to do a first aid course tomorrow from 9am-5pm at Helensvale so am worried about missing out. Surely the tix won't sell out tomorrow???

There is no chance of this game being a sellout. They would probably struggle to sell the ground out even with two Sydney based teams playing so you will be sweet.

am looking at that flight also.... when u coming back???

I am flying back at 6.30 in the morning - I have to be at a wedding by midday. It would be good if we could get a few on that flight so we can split a cab from the airport to the ground - it isn't that far but at peak hour Friday we might be doing a fair bit of sitting around.

I will be buying my tickets tomorrow for the game but as I am going down on my Pat Malone I want to try to make sure I sit around some fellow forumites. What is the best way to find out where people are sitting so I can order seat numbers??

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 08:50 PM
I will be buying my tickets tomorrow for the game but as I am going down on my Pat Malone I want to try to make sure I sit around some fellow forumites. What is the best way to find out where people are sitting so I can order seat numbers??

We will have more info later tonight. But we are looking at Bay 36 (One of the three Titans supporters bays), as far forward as possible. It is nearly on the 50m line.

shamus
13-09-09, 08:52 PM
We will have more info later tonight. But we are looking at Bay 36 (One of the three Titans supporters bays), as far forward as possible. It is nearly on the 50m line.

What Category is Bay 36? If it is on the 50 metre line I assume CAT 1 (I am still working on finances..)

Mushi
13-09-09, 08:57 PM
EVeryone going down for the game - enjoy yourselves. HOpe the atmosphere is just as good as last night. Atleast for the titans there'll be lots of blue and yellow - they can just imagine they are home :P I'll be cheering loudly from the gold coast (if you listen carefully you may just hear me in sydney) and can't wait to see the boys overcome their next hurdle. I'll be hoping for dragons and titans victories next week (knock those donkeys right out).
Do we play doggies after our wonderful win next week? he he.

daveyk
13-09-09, 09:09 PM
There is no chance of this game being a sellout. They would probably struggle to sell the ground out even with two Sydney based teams playing so you will be sweet.

I am flying back at 6.30 in the morning - I have to be at a wedding by midday. It would be good if we could get a few on that flight so we can split a cab from the airport to the ground - it isn't that far but at peak hour Friday we might be doing a fair bit of sitting around.

same here... have to wait untill tomorrow night before i can book flights... where u staying? i think a few are driving down.... but i still have work on friday and then am on call for the wknd so cant be away from the gc for too long

karnage
13-09-09, 09:12 PM
same here... have to wait untill tomorrow night before i can book flights... where u staying? i think a few are driving down.... but i still have work on friday and then am on call for the wknd so cant be away from the gc for too long

I am staying at my wife's grannies place. She is in Mascot so I will just be walking to the plane station early doors on Saturday.

Beachbub23
13-09-09, 09:23 PM
I hope u are not flying from Japan :p

Haha no i unfortunately had to come back early, been back for 2 months now so seen every home game since being back.... but last night was the best game by far!!

At the home games we usually sit as close to you guys as possible!! but last night we were in section 20, 3 rows back!! so good!!
best moment was having Corey Parker trying to convert a try right in front of us and everyone including myself hurling abuse at him!! :D Ooops he missed :D

eelectrica
13-09-09, 10:08 PM
Yep, winner of next weeks game plays the dogs to go in the GF.
I really think the winner of this Fridays game is going to the Grand final. Know soon enough I guess.

BringBackWillie
13-09-09, 11:13 PM
We (Legion.Southern Legion) will email out some precise seating info for the Southern Legion on Friday. There are three Titans bays, but we will likely target bay 36.

Check back here for more information about tickets later tonight!

Bays 39 or 40 guys

See the thread at http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?p=258417#post258417

Hope you guys can join the Southern Legion!!! :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 01:32 AM
As Syl says...

Bay 39: Category 2 (Adults = $45, Concession = $30) [NB. these will be reserved seats);

OR

Bay 40: General Admin right next to the allocated Titans bays (Adults = $30, Concession = $20)

:thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK and please Titans fans, join us in Sydney! We need you!

Boofhead
14-09-09, 02:16 AM
Parramatta Eels vs Gold Coast Titans
Friday 18 September 2009 - Sydney Football Stadium

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titansvsparra.jpg

Gates: 5:00pm
Toyota Cup: Canberra vs West Tigers

Buy tickets here:
http://www.ticketek.com.au

Need Flights?
http://www.jetstar.com.au

Boofhead
14-09-09, 02:36 AM
Rogers a certain starter against Eels
Luke Turgeon September 14th, 2009

TITANS playmaker Mat Rogers yesterday declared himself a certain starter against Parramatta this Friday, less than 12 hours after being knocked unconscious and taken to hospital in an ambulance.

The gutsy dual international, who landed on his head after jumping to field a kick in the dying minutes of the Titans' loss to the Broncos on Saturday night, has been cleared of serious injury to his neck.

While still feeling a bit dazed at yesterday's recovery session at Currumbin, Rogers said he was otherwise fine.

"My right shoulder is a bit stiff from the knock," said Rogers.

"I went straight to the hospital and got a precautionary cat scan to clear me of anything.

"Fortunately everything is good so I will be right to go.

"Physically there is nothing wrong with me.

"All things being equal I will be right to play this week."

The incident sparked fears at the Titans as Rogers has a history of neck problems.

In 2007 he had to fork out $30,000 of his own money for career-saving neck surgery to replace a bulging disc in his neck with a prosthesis.

Rogers said he remembered nothing of the incident and only found out the Titans lost the match in heartbreaking fashion 40-32 when he was in the ambulance on the way to hospital.

"I came down pretty hard apparently," he said.

"I had really no idea where I was to be honest, from the minute I woke up.

"I don't remember anything. Bits and pieces of the game are coming back to me.

"The scans cleared any damage or any movement of the disc that I had replaced."

With Rogers determined play, the Titans will be at full strength for the Eels clash, with regular fullback William Zillman returning from a four match suspension for biting.

Cartwright will name his side tomorrow.

It remains to be seen if Rogers will return to the centres, to make way for Zillman at the back, or if the former Canberra Raiders speedster will start from the bench.

The Titans have been at their best this season when Scott Prince is at halfback, Preston Campbell is at five-eighth, Rogers at left centre and Zillman is wearing the No.1 jumper.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/09/14/137091_gold-coast-titans.html

amaline
14-09-09, 07:43 AM
Heard on the radio that prince and mead are in doubt for thus weekend. Anyone else hear that?

mikeyba
14-09-09, 08:58 AM
Heard on the radio that prince and mead are in doubt for thus weekend. Anyone else hear that?

yep I heard that as well... Prince with a 'calf strain' and Mead a 'hip' issue... sure they will give both till 5 minutes before kickoff to be fit... if mead is out walker will go to wing, rogers to centre with zilly back at FB. prince out reckon presto to 7, rogers 5/8 , zilly to FB.. walker to stay in centres.. lets hope they are ok....but we have depth..

karnage
14-09-09, 09:35 AM
Prince will play. I have no doubt at all. Even 85 or 90% percent fit he will be better off on the field than in the stands.

Steve
14-09-09, 10:56 AM
Hopefully they're niggling injuries that will clear before friday.
With Zillman back I'd love to see Walker and Rogers in the centres.

TITAN PETE
14-09-09, 11:35 AM
Hopefully they're niggling injuries that will clear before friday.
With Zillman back I'd love to see Walker and Rogers in the centres.

I'm with you Steve & that will be our best ever attacking backline :thumbsup:

Steve
14-09-09, 12:52 PM
Just checking out the odds on Sportsbet.

Melbourne Storm 3.25
Canterbury Bulldogs 3.75
Parramatta Eels 4.00
St George Illawarra Dragons 6.00
Brisbane Broncos 6.50
Gold Coast Titans 31.00

would be worth dropping a couple bucks on us i reckon. :D

bigjim
14-09-09, 02:03 PM
Those Titan odds are downright disrespectful.
I don't mind being at the longest odds, maybe even $9 or $10, but $31.

I think playing the Eels this week could be a blessing.
Me thinks their hot run is about to come to a crashing end.

Then we'll see who gets respect.

Go Titans!!!!:fight: :fight: :fight:

teke
14-09-09, 02:30 PM
Dont fear ppl, Prince and Mead will be playing this week i guarantee.

Those odds are terrible, i hope Titans shove their ##### in the mouths of the nay sayers.

Coaster
14-09-09, 02:47 PM
Just checking out the odds on Sportsbet.

Melbourne Storm 3.25
Canterbury Bulldogs 3.75
Parramatta Eels 4.00
St George Illawarra Dragons 6.00
Brisbane Broncos 6.50
Gold Coast Titans 31.00

That is downright disrespectful

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 03:36 PM
Can't wait to see Zillman return. Rogers to centre, which has been a weak spot on us lately.

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 03:45 PM
Titans 'won't die wondering' in NRL final

GOLD Coast have vowed they "won't die wondering" in Friday night's do-or-die semi-final visit to Sydney.

Unbowed by two Broncos intercept tries that helped condemn them to a fiery qualifying final loss, the Titans will continue to live on the edge.

And their hunger to play exciting football will intensify with speedy fullback Will Zillman set to return from a four-week biting ban.

"We didn't die wondering," co-captain Scott Prince said. "The most satisfying thing is we didn't lock up.

"We still played footy, we really tested them across the park.

"Even though we can play the grinding-type game, we just can't die wondering. We can't not try it. If we try it and it doesn't come off, we'll defend the next set.

"When you're struggling ? you have to fall back on Plan B. We just can't go into doing the negative football, one-out. We've got to throw football at them."

Prince, who led Wests Tigers to the 2005 title, says both his side's semi-final rookies and past premiership players have benefited from last weekend's derby thriller.

"It's all about momentum," he said. "You have to just be prepared to hang on and the momentum will swing. It did in the second half and we were able to score points.

"It didn't take long to swing back from our ill-discipline and our mistakes. That really cost us in the end. The first half was where the damage was done."

Zillman is set to slot straight into the No. 1 jumper against the Storm with Preston Campbell likely to remain at pivot.

On Saturday night, the Broncos revealed their game plan was to expose the Titans' desire to play razzle-dazzle.

Brisbane skipper Darren Lockyer declared his side had hoped to grind and let John Cartwright's troops "fall on their own sword".

But a defiant Cartwright yesterday rubber-stamped a plan to fight fire with fire against the electric Eels.

"When the game opened up a bit, we freed ourselves up a bit," Cartwright said. "That's when we play our best football. As the game wore on, it opened up, at stages it was as good as we've played all year."

If Zillman gets the nod at fullback, one scenario is that veteran Mat Rogers will move into the centres at Jordan Atkins' expense.

Rogers, 33, is suffering concussion but is expected to be fit after being cleared of major neck damage.

Cartwright's plans will be dictated by injury clouds over backline duo Prince (calf) and David Mead (hip), and the potential return of Brett Delaney (hamstring).

Source: http://www.thecouriermail.com.au

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 04:03 PM
Just a week to whip Titans into shape

GOLD COAST coach John Cartwright has had his say. Now he has to put the blinkers on and do all he can to stop the Titans from going out the back door of this competition.

Passionate is a good way to describe Cartwright. Watching him in the coaches box during games, he's not from the Wayne Bennett school of calmly taking everything in and not letting the television cameras get an insight into how the ups and downs are affecting you. He's from the Ricky Stuart and Craig Bellamy school of wearing your heart on your sleeve.

The rule limiting the number of times a jockey can hit a horse with a whip that has caused uproar in the world of racing should be applied to Cartwright, so he doesn't hurt himself when he rides his players to the line from behind the glass at the back of the grandstand.

Cartwright got stuck in to the match officials after Gold Coast's 40-32 loss to Brisbane at Skilled Park. He described their performance as ''disgraceful'', adding: ''Some decisions that went against us definitely cost us the game. They scored a lot of points off the back of the things that went against us.''

Sometimes, in the past, Cartwright has been critical of match officials, and at other times he has bitten his tongue and refused to cut loose, even though his furrowed brow has given away how he feels. On this occasion, he didn't hold back. It was his biggest day as a coach, with the Titans making their finals debut, and he obviously believed he needed to say what he felt. But he has to move on now and Cartwright will know that. Gold Coast have done a great job to get to the finals in only their third year. And they didn't just sneak in, they got there in third place.

But now that they are there, it is important they make an impact. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they were eliminated via another loss next weekend, but it would be a bitter disappointment.

There is no point going on and on about match officials. It just becomes a distraction for your own team. Cartwright vented his spleen immediately after the game, and that will presumably be it. He'll realise he can't afford to waste time and energy on that front, when he now faces the challenge of getting his team up for a must-win game.

The Titans started well enough. They led 6-0 on their home ground, where they had won 11 out of 12 regular-season games this year. But then the Broncos came back at them, hard, and had built a 30-10 lead by early in the second half. The Titans showed tremendous character to fight back to 30-26 down, and then come back again to 34-32 down, but that was where their run ended.

Gold Coast need to address what they did wrong in that period when the game got away from them. The experience of playing finals football will be good for them as a team, but they have injuries to Mat Rogers and Josh Graham on top of the loss. It is going to take an enormous effort for them to prove they are not just making up the numbers.

Unlike the Titans, the Bulldogs don't have to worry about playing next weekend. They weren't brilliant in beating Newcastle 26-12 at ANZ Stadium, but they were very effective. Most importantly, they were tough, in the true Bulldogs mould. They did it without injured playmaker Brett Kimmorley, and now he's set to return for their next game, in week three. Everything's looking rosy for them.

Source: http://www.leaguehq.com.au

gotitans101
14-09-09, 05:00 PM
I'd love to see Walker and Rogers in the centres but I seriously don't know whether Carty will just 'ditch' Atkins after only putting him in a month ago. He hasn't done TOO badly I don't think, his first game was a bit wonky but he's been pretty good the past week or two defensively imo.

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 05:02 PM
Zillman and Delaney trained strongly this arvo.

gotitans101
14-09-09, 05:04 PM
Hmmmm Delaney....adds more confusion to our team list this week. I am confident Zilly will come straight back into fullback though.

Steve
14-09-09, 05:27 PM
Atkins goes alright, I don't mind him at all.
Walker was on fire on saturday night though, and we're at our strongest with Zillman at the back, Presto in the halves and Rogers in the centres.

With Delaney coming back from injury, there's another headache.

Once more it's a headache I'm happy to have, and with both Walker and Delaney leaving at the end of the year, our stocks will be a bit thinner.

patskE
14-09-09, 06:40 PM
yeh cant see zillman not being the nod, maybe bench?
but hmm a centre who link's with his winger, or a solid centre who can tackle
hard one

Rage
14-09-09, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't want to mess with the Walker and Mead combination that they've got going on.

I think Carty might put Rogers back to centre and Delaney on the bench at the expense of Tagatease or Graham if he's injured.

Rage
14-09-09, 06:43 PM
yeh cant see zillman not being the nod, maybe bench?
but hmm a centre who link's with his winger, or a solid centre who can tackle
hard one

It is a hard one. On the one hand, we might not have scored so many points if Delaney was playing instead of Walker against the Broncos but on the other hand, Delaney's defence could have prevented some of the Bronco's tries as well

patskE
14-09-09, 07:47 PM
well half of their trys came of intercepts :P

jimbeam06
14-09-09, 07:52 PM
Cmon titans we didnt finish 3rd for nothing lets lift for this one. We played at our best in the 2nd half on saturday night lets play like that from the start of the game till the end. I for one dont want to go out in straight sets.

TITAN PETE
14-09-09, 07:53 PM
It is a hard one. On the one hand, we might not have scored so many points if Delaney was playing instead of Walker against the Broncos but on the other hand, Delaney's defence could have prevented some of the Bronco's tries as well

Agree with that but he would have to replace Walker his defence is average & Atkins is far more solid, so it depends if Carty wants to stop trys or score them :?)

DINGb@T
14-09-09, 07:56 PM
The more I think about it the more I reckon this game could be exactly what we need to win the comp.

The week off isn't necessarily a good thing. Teams often come off the rest period a bit underdone while the team who played the week before hits the semis with momentum. The Eels didn't exactly thrill- the Dragons were their own worst enemy squandering chances (especially that kicking game during the first twenty minutes :nope: ) and just generally being unable to score points. It took 2 tries against the run of play and an intercept try to finish off the Dragons, none of which came from well built plays, they just capitalised on opportunities while the Dragons were completely unable to turn build-up into points.

I'm happy to report that we dont have that problem. In fact, if the Eels play the way they did on the weekend, and our boys, unlike the Dragons, can get some points and momentum early then we could walk all over the 8th place qualifiers. From there it will be on to the Bulldogs who, again, aren't the highest scoring team in the world, especially with Kimmorley out (listened to the game on the radio on the way home. Was it really as bad as the commentators were making out?). If the 'Dogs lose even the slightest edge after the break and we come storming out of the prelims with an emphatic win over the Eels those odds of $31 will start to look completely absurd.

Can you imagine the Sydney paper headlines? 'Titans into the finals! This shouldn't happen! Where were they?! Were they even UNDER the radar?!?!' :D

DINGb@T
14-09-09, 08:00 PM
That and I think our young fellas will be a lot better off now they've worked the 'first finals' jitters out of their system. It's probably no surprise that they played their best footy in the second half AFTER 40 mins of settling into the pressure and crowd noise. I'm particularly thinking about a certain dropped bomb...

Rage
14-09-09, 08:27 PM
Agreed, the experience for the team as a whole after the first ever finals game will be good for them. Add that to the confidence they'll have gained from the second half and the return of Zillman and the like, I'm sure the boys can come home with the win even if no one else gives them a chance

numba7
14-09-09, 08:31 PM
This will be a big task but i think if we can shut down hayne, and mortimer we are in with a great chance of racking up a big score!

Will be hard though. :thumbsup:

karnage
14-09-09, 08:44 PM
This will be a big task but i think if we can shut down hayne, and mortimer we are in with a great chance of racking up a big score!

Will be hard though. :thumbsup:

We only need to score 1 more point than they do. 3-2 (our way ofcourse) would do me just fine!!

Sydney Titans Fanatic
14-09-09, 10:35 PM
I think the team will look something like this
1. William Zillman
2.Kevin Gordon
3.Matt Rogers
4.Brett Delaney
5.David Mead
6.Preston Campbell
7.Scotty Prince
8.Luke bailey
9.Nathan Friend
10.Matt white
11.Anthony Laffranchi
12.Mark Minichello
13.Ashley Harrison

interchange
14.Michael Henerson
15.Josh Graham
16.Brad Meyers
17.Sam tagatese

Chris Walker should be dropped because of his stiupid comment about darryn locker being a diver he nearlly cost us another penalty for yelling at corey parker except he got the kick
Brett Delaney and Zillman deffiently need to come straight back into this side

Boofhead
14-09-09, 11:03 PM
There is no way they will drop Chris Walker, he was one of our best, if not the best on Saturday night.

patskE
14-09-09, 11:14 PM
iam thinking zillman or walker bench

Rage
14-09-09, 11:47 PM
We need someone like Walker who can break the Eels defence. I think Delaney should start on the bench and Walker should stay with Mead.

teke
15-09-09, 12:40 AM
No way should Walker be dropped.

If Titans go down they will go down throwin it and Walker is one of the right men for the job.

Steve
15-09-09, 08:09 AM
There is no way they will drop Chris Walker, he was one of our best, if not the best on Saturday night.

Agreed!
He was great on Saturday, our most dangerous centre combination has to be Walker/Rogers. They're both dangerous with ball in hand, and with Mead and Gordon outside them, all they need to do is get through the line then offload to the flyers for a try.

Steve
15-09-09, 08:24 AM
HE might not remember much of the match but Titans playmaker Mat Rogers says the Gold Coast is not about to forget Saturday's loss to the Broncos at Skilled Park.

Asked if the Titans needed to put the heartbreaking two-point defeat behind them in order to be at their best against the Eels on Friday, Rogers said: "It is funny you say `put it behind' us because we actually took a lot out of it.

"They scored two intercept tries in the second half and three tries in the first half off kicks, two of which you couldn't defend against.

"So as a team, we feel great about the game on the weekend.

"We feel confident that we are playing good football. We scored 32 points.

"Probably a couple of loose passes and dropped balls didn't help.

"But we will go into this week full of confidence that we played some great football on the weekend.

"We definitely won't put that game behind us and forget about it."

Rogers has no memory of the frightening incident in the dying minutes of the match when he landed on his head after attempting to field a kick and was knocked unconscious.

The veteran dual international yesterday viewed footage of the incident, which caused him to be taken to hospital in an ambulance, for the first time.

"I thought that must have hurt," said Rogers.

"But it didn't hurt at all because I didn't feel it.

"That is footy, you get a few bumps.

"Fortunately everything is OK, the body feels good and I will be right to play this week."

The Titans are undefeated against Parramatta since entering the NRL in 2007.

Gold Coast back rower Mark Minichiello said their perfect record would give them a mental edge heading into the Sydney Football Stadium showdown.

"Three years of playing against each other and they have never beaten us," said Minichiello.

He agreed with Rogers that the mood in the Titans camp was encouraging and resembled more that of a team coming off a win than a loss.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/09/15/137381_gold-coast-titans.html

DINGb@T
15-09-09, 09:09 AM
Did anyone else see Matty on the big screen being helped off the field when he looked up at the scoreboard and looked like he said 'Hey, when did they score?'. That's gotta be a nasty surprise.

Steve
15-09-09, 11:15 AM
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will take on the Parramatta Eels this Friday night, 18th September 2009 at Sydney Football Stadium in Week 2 of the Semi-Finals!! Kick off for the main game is at 7:45pm.

We now have Corporate Hospitality tickets or an accommodation and ticket package available if you are able to travel down and support the Titans away.

There are two booking forms attached ?

Option 1 includes:

* 1 x night accommodation at the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Sydney (based on twin share) including breakfast

* Return bus transfers to the Sydney Football Stadium

* Corporate Game Ticket: Canap?s on arrival, football food pre-game, half-time snacks, 4 hour beverage package and category 1 seating
* $450 per person

Option 2 (Ticket only) includes:

* Corporate Game Ticket: Canap?s on arrival, football food pre-game, half-time snacks, 4 hour beverage package and category 1 seating
* $255 per person

Due to a catering deadline at the Sydney Football Stadium, all orders must be completed and returned by 4pm today (15 September) to avoid disappointment. All tickets are subject to availability.

If you would like to receive a quote on return Jetstar Flights, please contact Jeanette from Events Travel on ph: 07 5581 0160.

If you have any questions, regarding this offer or it?s inclusions, please contact either Tony McDonald or Paige Pagano from the Jetstar Titans on ph: 07 5581 0150 or Jeanette from Events Travel on ph: 07 5581 0160.

Email came through just now from the Titans, some might be interested!

TITAN PETE
15-09-09, 11:24 AM
Email came through just now from the Titans, some might be interested!

I thought they were cheap packages untill i read "If you would like to receive a quote on return Jetstar Flights, please contact", but i hope plenty of people take up the chance to watch the boys play in Sydney as we'll need plenty of support for the game :fist:

Steve
15-09-09, 11:36 AM
I thought they were cheap packages untill i read "If you would like to receive a quote on return Jetstar Flights, please contact", but i hope plenty of people take up the chance to watch the boys play in Sydney as we'll need plenty of support for the game :fist:

Yeah, same. Although I guess it's corporate seating and stuff.

DIEHARD
15-09-09, 12:59 PM
I reckon Southern Legion GA tickets in Bay 40, will be the best seats in the house! :salute:

Boofhead
15-09-09, 01:47 PM
Parramatta Eels
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Joel Reddy
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless (C)
9. Matthew Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Kevin Kingston
15. Feleti Mateo
17. Tim Mannah
19. Joe Galuvao

Boofhead
15-09-09, 03:50 PM
Gold Coast Titans
1 Preston Campbell
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Chris Walker
4 Jordan Atkins
5 David Mead
6 Mat Rogers
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Nathan Friend
10 Matt White
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
14 Michael Henderson
15 Brad Meyers
16 Sam Tagataese
17 William Zillman
18 Will Matthews
Coach: John Cartwright

Ryan
15-09-09, 03:53 PM
TAB:
Titans $3.40
Eels $1.30

Thats worth putting down $100 for us to win.... :thumbsup:

daveyk
15-09-09, 04:01 PM
no delaney???
we might see a re-shuffle before the weeks out

DIEHARD
15-09-09, 04:05 PM
$3.40, they are kidding! LOL............

Rage
15-09-09, 04:32 PM
Hm I dont like that Walker is moved to Gordon's side and Zillman is starting off the bench

Coaster
15-09-09, 04:40 PM
That is not the side that will run out.

I will bet my house on it

gotitans101
15-09-09, 04:42 PM
Better not be. Too many switches in one week...

Steve
15-09-09, 05:12 PM
Not too impressed with the team announced. While Atkins has gone alright, our strongest side just doesn't include him. Zillman on the bench is a waste.

patskE
15-09-09, 05:26 PM
maybe they switched atkins due to rogers going to slot into his fav centre side?

karnage
15-09-09, 05:29 PM
That is not the side that will run out.

I will bet my house on it

I agree.

Carty is fooling nobody by naming Campbell at fullback - he did not play 1 minute there against Brisbane and will not play there this week either.

Rogers will either start at centre or fullback - preferably centre. It is not like Zillman is a risk returning from injury - he was just coming into form before suspension, for mine he has to start with Rogers pushing Atkins out of the 17. With Josh Graham and Sam Tagatese providing the utility value in the squad there is just no room for him.

Boofhead
15-09-09, 05:31 PM
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Steve Carrall
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan
(Standby Referee: Gavin Badger)
(Standby Sideline Official: Russell Turner)

patskE
15-09-09, 05:39 PM
graham out with a foot injury, gone for rest of the year.
but yeh, campbell is the ppreferred5/8, as u can see by the past few weeks,
i think u see walker taken out of side, purely just cause his on roger's preferred side now

Coaster
15-09-09, 05:43 PM
Walker played right side last week, Rogers likes left

Rage
15-09-09, 06:00 PM
line-up for Friday night's NRL semi-final in Sydney despite naming a side on Tuesday.

William Zillman - back from a four-match ban for biting - has been named on an extended bench with Preston Campbell at fullback and injury concern Mat Rogers (concussion) at pivot.

However, Cartwright has refused to rule out slotting Zillman into fullback, Campbell into pivot and Rogers into the centres for the must-win game.

"We will train with all options then wake up Friday morning then make up our minds," Cartwright said on the Gold Coast on Tuesday.

Zillman slots into the squad at the expense of utility Josh Graham, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a fractured foot.

"Josh needs a pin in place. He only got on for the last five minutes but it has ended his season - there goes another utility," Cartwright said.

"But we've got Zilly back and only need three forwards on the bench most times.

"But how we balance the bench we will have to wait and see."

Young forward Will Matthews has again been included as 18th man.

The Titans boast a strong record against Parramatta, having won all three competition matches contested between the two clubs since 2007.

gotitans101
15-09-09, 06:02 PM
Walker played right side last week, Rogers likes left

That's what I thought?

I'd love to see Zilly start at FB...before his 4 week break he was playing really well.

karnage
15-09-09, 06:12 PM
I'd love to see Zilly start at FB...before his 4 week break he was playing really well.

He was a key component of the defensive effort that saw us overcome and inform and desperate South Sydney 4 weeks ago. That defensive effort has to be the blueprint for this Friday night. We all love Carty but it is his most important job this week to get the team right, whatever that may be...

Shanyne Hayne is the best ref in the comp at the moment and will hopefully keep a good 10m and a nice clean ruck for us. If it is slow our chances diminish.

kwigibo
15-09-09, 06:37 PM
Shanyne Hayne is the best ref in the comp at the moment and will hopefully keep a good 10m and a nice clean ruck for us. If it is slow our chances diminish.

Hayne has been generous with the Titans in the past, or at least his style suits their style of play. Better than Cummins, or Checcin, or Archer or etc.

patskE
15-09-09, 09:26 PM
just read a article on goldcoast.com.au that they rkn atkins will be on the bench? wats the point of that, he aint really an impact player...

Rage
15-09-09, 09:42 PM
hm maybe this is all mind games from Carty or he's setting it up cos of injuries we don't know about. Everyone on this forum has pretty much been calling for the same side so let's hope it ends up being the run on side on the day

psmitty
16-09-09, 09:11 AM
Anyone know the codeword from the Gold Coast Bulletin? I would be keen to win this one.

Competitions
Win! Titans v Eels Supporter Trip

Be there when the Jetstar Titans take on the Parramatta Eels at the Sydney Footbal Stadium, Friday 18th September.

Thanks to The Gold Coast Bulletin, Jetstar Gold Coast Titans, Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney and Jetstar one winner will receive return flights for two with Jetstar, one night?s accommodation at Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney and two tickets to the Jetstar Titans v Parramatta Eels this Friday in Sydney.

To WIN get the codeword from The Gold Coast Bulletin Wednesday 16th or Thursday 17th September and enter below.

Keep showing your support for the Titans. Decorate your home, your pets, your business, your cars, even yourself! There?s a prize for the best business, best school and an individual prize for the ultimate fan! Get behind your team Gold Coast ? show your true colours in Titans Town. Enter at www.titans.com.au

shamus
16-09-09, 10:08 AM
Anyone know the codeword from the Gold Coast Bulletin? I would be keen to win this one.

Competitions
Win! Titans v Eels Supporter Trip

Be there when the Jetstar Titans take on the Parramatta Eels at the Sydney Footbal Stadium, Friday 18th September.

Thanks to The Gold Coast Bulletin, Jetstar Gold Coast Titans, Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney and Jetstar one winner will receive return flights for two with Jetstar, one night?s accommodation at Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney and two tickets to the Jetstar Titans v Parramatta Eels this Friday in Sydney.

To WIN get the codeword from The Gold Coast Bulletin Wednesday 16th or Thursday 17th September and enter below.

Keep showing your support for the Titans. Decorate your home, your pets, your business, your cars, even yourself! There?s a prize for the best business, best school and an individual prize for the ultimate fan! Get behind your team Gold Coast ? show your true colours in Titans Town. Enter at www.titans.com.au

..... PRINCE .....

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 12:21 PM
Over 22k tickets sold for this match! I think this could even get over 30,000!

A great tribute considering we are a new club and don't have many local fans.

But what we lack in numbers we will make up for in quality. :)

Broncos v Dragons looks headed for a Sell Out. Best Finals Series in my memory so far.

The Parra Blue and Gold Army will be out in force as will the legions of Titans fans! It'll be an amazing atmosphere.

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 12:32 PM
Gold Coast Titans fear Parramatta five-eight Daniel Mortimer

Jarryd Hayne has hogged the headlines but the man Gold Coast Titans fear is most likely to orchestrate their finals demise is a 15-game rookie with a famous surname.

Daniel Mortimer, son of former Canterbury great Peter, didn't make his top-flight debut until round 13 this year, but the 20-year-old has made an immediate impression, helping guide the then-floundering Eels to an unlikely finals berth.

"He (Mortimer) is a great young player," Titans coach John Cartwright said, ahead of Friday night's elimination semi-final at Sydney Football Stadium.

"He should be one of the next poster boys for the game. He's only little, but he's got no fear in him at all."

"He looks like he is born to play footy. I think he could play three or four games a week, he just loves it."

Mortimer and halfback Jeff Robson form the most anonymous halves combination still alive in the NRL finals race and their experience is dwarfed by that of the Titans, who will start with either Preston Campbell or Mat Rogers outside Scott Prince.

But Cartwright said it would be a major mistake to underestimate the rookie pair.

"I don't see any weakness in them," he said.

"They're doing what the people in the street don't see. They're working as a team, I watched them in defence against the Dragons and they were impressive.

"That's something when you look at the names on the sheet, and you just pick the best side on paper, it doesn't always work that way. They look like a side hellbent on winning for each other."
Cartwright played beside Peter Mortimer's brother Chris at Penrith and knows the family well.

"Chris brought the experience of winning big games, they taught everyone at Penrith and we did have a side capable of winning a grand final," Cartwright said. "It doesn't surprise me Daniel has such a good attitude."

Eels CEO Paul Osborne said Mortimer could not have been more impressive in his first season in the top grade.

"He is very level-headed kid and nothing seems to daunt him," Osborne said. "We think he has a big future and we'd love to see him play out his career here. He played his first final on the weekend and handled it like a pro."

Mortimer's efforts against the Dragons included an impressive solo try and the Titans defence has been placed on high alert.

"He is a small packet, but very strong and dangerous close to the try line," Titans backrower Anthony Laffranchi said.

"He has been going well in his first season of first grade.

"He is just excited and loving football. He is very dangerous."

Source: http://www.thecouriermail.com.au

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 12:39 PM
The Axe says it would be a swing and a miss on Hayne

THEY called him `The Axe' for his ability to chop down any rival on a rugby league field but even Trevor Gillmeister is left scratching his head when it comes to stopping Eels superstar Jarryd Hayne.

Not a good omen considering he is defensive coach for the Gold Coast Titans who play Parramatta in Friday night's semi-final clash at the SFS.

Especially after the Titans conceded 78 points in their last two games, including their thrilling 40-32 finals loss to the Broncos last weekend.

Yet Gillmeister still managed a laugh when the ex-Test backrower was asked how he would go if he had to tackle Hayne in his day.

"I'm glad it's them and not me," said Gillmeister.

"He would have sidestepped me and put the ball near the posts before I got a chance to get off the ground. He's a freaky player."

While Titans coach John Cartwright has put the onus on halfback Scott Prince's kicking game to limit Hayne's opportunities, Gillmeister believed the Gold Coast forwards could also do their part.

"He (Hayne) is playing great footy but their forwards are really playing well too," said Gillmeister.

"He's doing some stuff out of nothing but a lot of it is on the back of some good go-forward from his forwards.

"If we can limit their opportunities and they are not getting a good roll on (with their forwards) hopefully that helps us."

Much has been made of the Titans' apparently leaky defence but Gillmeister wasn't concerned as they prepared to take on a rampaging Eels.

"Surprisingly enough I was quite happy with the defence (against the Broncos)," he said.

"(Brisbane had) three tries off kicks, one from our mistake and two intercepts.

"I think we had the ball 13 times in the first half, which is unheard of -- that's under-nines stuff. So for our blokes to burn that much petrol tackling in the first half and come back was sensational."

Backrower Mark Minichiello dismissed any concerns about their defence.

"For people who didn't watch the game they probably thought it was a game of touch," he said.

"But it wasn't that way at all. We scored some great tries and they scored tries off kicks and a couple of errors from us."

Minichiello sounded like a gushing fan when the inevitable subject of Hayne came up, describing the Dally M medallist as 'unbelievable'.

"He's a step above at the moment. We are really going to have to mark him if we are to have a chance," he said.

Gillmeister said the Titans did not have to be told they could never drop their guard against Hayne after he cut through the Dragons late in their 25-12 finals boilover on Sunday to score one of the season's great solo tries.

"The big thing is that blokes get tired at certain stages of the game, especially in the middle of the ruck," he said. "But on the flip side I think some of our blokes can expose some of their players (the same way)."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 12:44 PM
Finals run sparks $1m Eels windfall

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/ffximage/2009/09/16/parramatta_eels_fans_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg

PARRAMATTA'S remarkable run to the finals is set to net the club a $1 million bonus and the windfall is likely to be even greater if the fairytale team of the play-off series can win the premiership.

As fans queued at Parramatta Leagues Club yesterday to buy tickets for Friday night's semi-final against Gold Coast at the SFS, Eels CEO Paul Osborne revealed that interest in season tickets and sponsorship had gone through the roof in the wake of the team's success.

Osborne said the Eels had already requested to kick off next season with a home match before an expected full house at Parramatta Stadium, and he aims to increase membership to 10,000 within the next 12 months.

''We're really in a good position and I'd say we're looking at a $1 million turnaround at least,'' Osborne said. ''We've changed our membership and season ticketing structure for next season to roll them into one and we've had 3500 responses since the Penrith game three weeks ago.

''We're hoping to get 10,000 members over the next 12 months. Given the way the team has finished this season and the fact we have got Timana Tahu, Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton coming and we're not really losing too many, I think that is realistic.''

With a directive from the new board for the football club to cut its reliance on the licensed operation for big funding grants, Osborne said he was intent on reducing costs and increasing revenue.

The Eels were one of the few clubs not involved in the NRL's membership drive launched this year but Osborne said they were now focusing heavily on increasing season ticketholders.

''We only had about 1000 football club members and 3500 season ticketholders, which I think is poor, given the stadium we've got,'' he said. ''But all the foundations are in place to change that and and we've had a lot of interest from sponsors, so everything is really positive ?''

Eels fans have snapped up about 20,000 tickets so far for Friday night's clash, while 30,000 were sold in Brisbane for Wayne Bennett's return with St George Illawarra, who meet the Broncos on Saturday night.

Eels centre Krisnan Inu was yesterday named in the side to play the Titans but remains in doubt with a hamstring injury sustained in the 37-0 thumping by the Dragons in the final premiership round.

Inu missed last Sunday's 50-point turnaround in the rematch and was replaced by rookie Jonathan Wright.

The 22-year-old will be given a fitness test tomorrow and if he comes through unscathed, Wright will be on standby to partner winger Luke Burt on Parramatta's left edge.

Titans coach John Cartwright also recalled fullback William Zillman after a four-match ban for biting but named him on an extended bench. But, with an injury concern over five-eighth Mat Rogers (concussion), Zillman may yet start.

Even if Rogers plays, Cartwright has refused to rule out slotting Zillman into fullback, shifting Preston Campbell to five-eighth and moving the dual international into the centres for the must-win game. Zillman comes into the squad at the expense of utility Josh Graham, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a fractured foot.

The Titans have never lost to Parramatta in their three previous meetings, but the Eels are confident of extending their golden run to nine wins from 10 matches after appearing destined for the wooden spoon midway through the season.

Source: http://www.leaguehq.com.au

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 04:54 PM
If Zillman plays 80mins, I tip him for a double.

Basically a full strength team here, minus Chalky.

No excuses, no second chances.

This is DO or DIE!

Rage
16-09-09, 06:05 PM
I'm hoping Zillman starts at fullback with Rogers to 3 and Walker to 4

daveyk
16-09-09, 06:40 PM
I'm hoping Zillman starts at fullback with Rogers to 3 and Walker to 4

i agree and i think we will see thats the way they will line up.... cant wait for the game...

daveyk
16-09-09, 07:51 PM
anyone watching NRLon FOX?

mortimer is the first person that i have heard saying that "the titans are a major contender for the premiership"

cant wait to stick it to the so-called experts

TITAN PETE
16-09-09, 08:01 PM
anyone watching NRLon FOX?

mortimer is the first person that i have heard saying that "the titans are a major contender for the premiership"

cant wait to stick it to the so-called experts

Clever bloke that Mortimer :thumbsup: , i haven't heard anyone give us a chance this week :mad:

titanstattman
16-09-09, 08:04 PM
Clever bloke that Mortimer :thumbsup: , i haven't heard anyone give us a chance this week :mad:

Hey number 2 iv said we can win............:fist: :laugh:

TITAN PETE
16-09-09, 08:12 PM
Hey number 2 iv said we can win............:fist: :laugh:

Sorry no4 i was talking about the media :thumbsup:

titanstattman
16-09-09, 08:16 PM
Sorry no4 i was talking about the media :thumbsup:

wtf how do i came in as no4

TITAN PETE
16-09-09, 08:21 PM
wtf how do i came in as no4

If i'm no2 then u are no4 :thumbsup:

bigjim
17-09-09, 10:51 AM
The Eels have never beaten us. That's got to play on their collective minds and I know this week will be no different.:thumbsup:
I forecast we will be playing the Dragons in the Final.

gotitans101
17-09-09, 02:44 PM
The last time we played them they were without Hayne due to origin duties, and they still put up a good fight.

This should be a good game, gonna be very tough though.

titanstattman
17-09-09, 02:56 PM
If i'm no2 then u are no4 :thumbsup:

Nah mate my no1 u no2........In the tatt department

Rage
17-09-09, 04:15 PM
By Matt Marshall
September 17, 2009
Livewire Preston Campbell is set to again partner Scott Prince in the halves for Gold Coast Titans' do-or-die semi-final clash against an electric Parramatta.

Titans coach John Cartwright is keeping the Eels guessing ahead of his side's Sydney Football Stadium raid, naming Campbell at fullback and veteran Mat Rogers No.6.

But with Jordan Atkins likely to miss out and No. 1 Will Zillman to return to the Coast's top-17, the Titans will not tamper with the halves partnership.

Rogers will likely join fellow "X-factor" Chris Walker in the centres while ex-Eel Brett Delaney is jostling Atkins and Sam Tagataese for a bench spot.

"We're committed to that (halves), it's too late to change," Cartwright said.

"It's been working really well. Attacking-wise we were as good as we have been last weekend.

"Presto just reads Princey very well. Princey seems to only have to turn his head and he knows where to be. They're just on the same page. They know the style of game we play. They feed off each other pretty well."

While the Titans mounted a bold second-half comeback against Brisbane Broncos that fell just eight points short, Cartwright has labelled defence the key to Friday's knockout clash.

"St George Illawarra threw a lot at them (the Eels) and they never buckled," he said.

"They (Eels) were very enthusiastic. They had to deal with a lot of negatives. They dropped a lot of ball, they had penalties running against them, they dealt with it really well.

"We haven't played many games down there at the SFS but it'll be a great atmosphere."

One of Cartwright's right-hand men - Trevor Gillmeister - is expecting his troops, undefeated against the Eels, to revel in the hostile environment.

"Before last weekend, a lot of the young blokes were asking me what it's like to play semi-finals," he said.

"It's very hard to explain until they've got out there and experienced it. Now they've done that. They should be better for the run."

Rage
17-09-09, 04:16 PM
Posted September 17, 2009 15:15:00
Updated September 17, 2009 15:29:00

Time to shine...Zillman says it's do-or-die for the Titans. (Getty Images: Bradley Kanaris)
Audio: Interview: William Zillman (Grandstand)
Map: Robina 4226
Titans back William Zillman says the team is not fazed by being labelled the underdogs in the lead-up to its NRL semi-finals clash with Parramatta on Friday night.

The Gold Coast's maiden finals campaign got off to a disappointing start when it was defeated by the Broncos 40-32 at Skilled Park last Saturday.

The team left for Sydney today, where it will face Dally M winner Jarryd Hayne and his Eels at the Sydney Football Stadium tomorrow night.

Zillman, returning to the side after being suspended for biting, says the Titans' chances should not be based on its recent run of form.

"We've lost the last couple of games and the Eels had a very big game last week, they're on fire," he said.

"It doesn't really bother us if we're the underdogs.

"If anything it's a good thing, we can concentrate on ourselves and get out there and give it a real go."

But he said the clash is truly do-or-die for the fledgling side.

"We've got it all to play for, it's all on the line," he said.

"We've had a good week of training, hopefully we can take it all out onto the field."

patskE
17-09-09, 04:39 PM
i think taga will get the bench spot over atkins n delaney, he can cover most possie, and delaney is a bit of a risk

GCT_89
17-09-09, 04:58 PM
no delaney at the airport today........

patskE
17-09-09, 10:13 PM
ppl on footy show rkn inu is out.
target wright!

TITAN PETE
17-09-09, 11:35 PM
Inu didn't play last week either :nope: , i'm hoping for Hindmarsh to have a serious head clash with MoiMoi as they are the 2 i fear the most :ugh:

Mushi
18-09-09, 05:11 PM
Looking forward to watching the game tonight. Will be cheering loud and proud for our boys. Am sure it will be a good game and that the titans come out victorious and all fired up to meet the doggies next week!

teke
18-09-09, 05:29 PM
Up the TITANS:fist: :salute: :fist: :salute:

bigjim
18-09-09, 07:52 PM
Games about to start and I've seen the team named.
Quite frankly that's a champion team and as strong a team as is possible to field.
Go the TITANS.
Give the Eels hell.:chair: :fight: :chair: :fight:

kwigibo
18-09-09, 08:43 PM
Getting ****ed in the ass out there. Refs no help again of course. The titans defend really well then every once in a while just roll out the red carpet for them.

Steve
18-09-09, 09:17 PM
Bugger the ref, we're throwing the game away. Too many silly mistakes, they look nervous. We should have scored with the amount of ball we have had in the second half.

bigjim
18-09-09, 09:42 PM
I don't care what anyone says, that was a disgusting effort. They were really in that game, they just don't know how to score a try.
Man for man there as good as any team but they just don't know how to win. To many stupid mistakes and to much impatience. Prince did us no favours tonight.

Mushi
18-09-09, 09:47 PM
Well that was NOT good to watch. We had an awesome team but we just made too many mistakes and panicked at the crucial times. Hard to see the go out after playing like that but to give the boys credit - we've had an awesome season and will be back bigger, better and most of all experienced next year!
Am hoping like hell the donkeys get knocked out tomorrow night - that would make my weekend so much better!

BING103
18-09-09, 09:48 PM
I thought Luke Bailey was p*ss poor in all areas tonight.

What a disgrace.

Timmy Titans
18-09-09, 09:52 PM
They just don't know how to score a try.

I've been thinking that all year

Walker being penalised at dummy half was a very bad decision in my mind

bigjim
18-09-09, 09:52 PM
Now all the experts were right. The Titans were no real threat. They were thrown out of the finals with no real effort. Obviously that $31 was a realistic odd.
If they don't learn how to arm wrestle they will never be any real threat.

bigjim
18-09-09, 09:58 PM
I've been thinking that all year

Walker being penalised at dummy half was a very bad decision in my mind

For future reference, if we get a penalty in the opening minutes do not take the penalty kick, keep the momentum going and play the ball. Two points will not win the game in the first five minutes of the game.
The had better learn how to overcome an opposition who get up in their faces.

eelectrica
18-09-09, 10:10 PM
For future reference, if we get a penalty in the opening minutes do not take the penalty kick, keep the momentum going and play the ball. Two points will not win the game in the first five minutes of the game.
The had better learn how to overcome an opposition who get up in their faces.

Yep Dragons did the same thing last week and Parra made 'em pay.

Titans needs a game breaker like Fuifui. At times in attack, especially the beginning of the second half the Titans were simply throwing it around in the forwards.
Just not sure where the Titans go from here.

RobJ
18-09-09, 10:10 PM
Gutted......... p*** poor across the park in THE game of the year.
We have the NRL's HOTTEST wigers and our backs never saw the friggin ball let alone the wingers.
Disgraceful and a real gut wrencher
I'm sure I heard Sterlo call us the Gold Coast Giants......sure as hell felt like it.
**** I am SOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed at that effort. we really had nothing tonight.
Can't imagine how the boys feel, but I just hate the fact that all the 'experts' have been proven right.
We have NO KILLER BLOW. One up stuff all night was NOT what this team is about , it bored me to death an saw us run out of the finals easily.
Roll on March 2010.

Rage
18-09-09, 10:24 PM
Very disappointing to go out like this, 3 straight losses...
We can only hope that the boys will take the experience away from this and considering we have largely the same side, I'm sure the boys will be up there again next year.
Someone want to explain to me why Lowrie got a penalty after dropping the ball from which the Eels scored a try from? And why we didn't get 6 again in the second half?

Frustrating game to watch and even more disappointing to see plenty of dropped ball, missed tackles and constantly allowing the Eels to offload, yet when the Titans offloaded there was no where near the same impact.

Hard to take positives out of this game but it was a great season nonetheless

teke
18-09-09, 10:35 PM
That was a decent effort by a Titans team. Parra will be hard to beat.

Titans next 2 yrs are going to be fantastic.

Trust me when i say this........Titans this year remind me of Manly of 2006 where. Titans will be better for this experience.

Well done Titans

teke
18-09-09, 10:37 PM
Someone want to explain to me why Lowrie got a penalty after dropping the ball from which the Eels scored a try from? And why we didn't get 6 again in the second half?

I was f'ning fuming at that, thats when I lost all hope in a victory after they scored a try.

gotitans101
18-09-09, 10:51 PM
Heads up guys...the young blokes in our team would have learnt a lot out of this.

2010 is near. :)

Paul
18-09-09, 10:54 PM
Terrible way to end a good season

Apart from the play where hayne kicked it into row z we never looked like scoring

Princes kicking is abysmal,If it didnt go dead it went down haynes throat.Same problem all season has cost us.

well done Parramatta,I really hope you go on and win the Grand final now. MoiMoi is outstanding and Parras "lesser" players stood up to be counted tonight.

bigjim
19-09-09, 01:49 AM
I just don't know how a team can look like they have complete control over an opposition but still get beaten by 25 points. Up until the last 15 minutes the Titans always look like the could win the game. They just can't score in tight games.

teke
19-09-09, 02:01 AM
I just don't know how a team can look like they have complete control over an opposition but still get beaten by 25 points. Up until the last 15 minutes the Titans always look like the could win the game. They just can't score in tight games.How true, i think Gould hit the nail on the head when he said Titans are doing way too many settling plays.

bigjim
19-09-09, 09:27 AM
Funny thing, next day, minus the alcohol and my opinion hasn't changed.
The team must become proficient at different game plans to beat different teams offences. As soon as a team gets in their faces they go to water and have no idea how to get around them, over them or through them.
Hayne was well and truly controlled last night, they just forgot about the rest of the team.

patskE
19-09-09, 11:58 AM
to many one on one misses
killed us. from our big guns aswell

Timmy Titans
19-09-09, 12:36 PM
Someone want to explain to me why Lowrie got a penalty after dropping the ball from which the Eels scored a try from?

He was trying to get up and hit our marker, in the process dropping the ball, so he gets a penalty for it :doh: :doh: :doh:

teke
19-09-09, 12:45 PM
I know it was a tactic to not kick to Eric Grothe because he starts the eels sets of in good fashion but last night he was getting dumber by the second.

Prince should have just kicked it to him so the whole world could see him deteriorate lol. His coach must have been getting very anxious everytime he touched the ball

daveyk
19-09-09, 07:32 PM
well have just gotten home from sydney... it hadnt sunk in until this morning when i was standing out the front of the hotel.. parra really had a HOME ground advantage, they were giving it to the ref all night and at volume.

does hayne have snakes on him when he has the ball??? coz NO-ONE ever seems to be able to tackle him.

waited for the players after the game and of course gutted but greated us with such an upbeat manner.... they will take alot out of this in the new year.

we played semi-final football and that to me is a GREAT season for only our 3rd in NRL...

so for that i am very proud of the boys and proudly wore my jersey in sydney ALL DAY

titanstattman
19-09-09, 07:45 PM
Well well well well wat can i say.. Very upset with the game last night as dave said did the eels hav eels on them??? After 40min they tryed going thru the guts why didnt they try to go to the outside for **** sake??? Number 7 wat was the go with ur kicking game come on???? Why didnt sum1 else do sum kicking...

Ok said wat i had to say........

Now wat a year it was 11 from 12 at home, finshed in 3rd yeah baby...The fans have been great over the year and i hope very much that after this year it will grow even more in 2010.....

Yes Titan Pete, Big D, Daveyk, Shan, Boof nd myself walk around syd with our titans colors on all day....

To the Titans, fans, Players thankyou u for the year i think that has put the coast nd the titans on map in the NRL...

TITAN PETE
19-09-09, 09:01 PM
No comment on the game it's over i won't point out players who didn't have their best game last night as it was the Eels defence which was the difference between the 2 :(

To the Waynecarr who called Bailey a Disgrace you are a Fool !

Apart from the finish we had a Great Year & i'm extremely proud of our club & most of the supporters.

A good time was had by the boys who travelled down to Sydney as Dave & Doug
has said we all wore our colours today.

Thanks to Shamus who took on a Female security guard & Lost, funny stuff :laugh:
Also a huge thanks to Boof Laffranchi for giving my son his game worn socks even though the Smell this morning was Rank :thumbsup:

titanstattman
19-09-09, 09:44 PM
Hahaha dont forget sitting at paddys having a few drinks...... still do it for $600 on the lips......

TITAN PETE
19-09-09, 09:49 PM
Hahaha dont forget sitting at paddys having a few drinks...... still do it for $600 on the lips......

Without a doubt Dougy you are one Sick Mother F**ker :laugh:

titanstattman
19-09-09, 09:58 PM
Without a doubt Dougy you are one Sick Mother F**ker :laugh:

hahaha i think its my new drinking hole wen im down that way.....:P

shamus
20-09-09, 09:13 AM
Thanks to Shamus who took on a Female security guard & Lost, funny stuff :laugh::thumbsup:

Mate, my 'meeting' with that secutity chick had been planned once I set my eyes on her. Man, she was hot!

OK......Maybe she wasn't. If anyone wants to know what she looked like just watch an episode of 'The United States of Tara' and wait for 'Buck' to appear. Deadset spitting image ....

RobJ
20-09-09, 10:59 AM
Was really disappointed to read Bull's comments in todays Sundays paper saying we had a s**t year. Far from it.
His comments probably stem from the anger and disappointment he and all of us felt with the limp Parra effort.
Mind you Luke your defence that night was probably on par with some of your comments so a little discretion away from red mist comments might be a good call.
Enormous respect still for you and every other person associated with this great club so all we can do is look forward to 2010.

totally
20-09-09, 01:22 PM
[Beaten in the semis by the 2 form teams of the comp...it may well end up a Parramatta v Broncos GF

GCT_07
20-09-09, 01:37 PM
Agree........ I m thinking Parra/Bronco s as well....... The boys would have to take something out of the fact that we were beaten by the Broncos and then the Eels. The Minor Premiers were beaten by the Eels and then the Broncos. Yes there were mistakes but thats what happens when you go against a team that is thumping you every which way you turn.

Proud as hell in the boys, their faces at the airport were shocking.There was only about 10 people at the airport to great them but at least our claps echoed and sounded louder.

Sometimes in life you try your hardest and you get beaten on the day........... you regroup, train, do whatever you need to do to get back up and fight again.

Dont beat yourselves up over it boys........you regroup now and come back stronger.............. Well done on what you have achieved this year.......top 3 in your third year....... no one can take that off you.:salute:

eelectrica
20-09-09, 01:45 PM
Haven't read Bulls story, but to finish 3rd after 3 years is an achievment. We got an epic semi final at Skilled to show for it.

Disappointing not to have won a finals game. But the wins will come. I don't see why the Titans won't make the finals again next year and be better for it.

RobJ
20-09-09, 02:05 PM
Haven't read Bulls story, but to finish 3rd after 3 years is an achievment. We got an epic semi final at Skilled to show for it.

Disappointing not to have won a finals game. But the wins will come. I don't see why the Titans won't make the finals again next year and be better for it.

Next year we win the bloody thing!!!:thumbsup:

meter maid
20-09-09, 04:45 PM
Just got home from Sydney.
I envy you guys that managed to fly down, that's got to be the WORST drive Ive ever done down....and Ive done a few! Every grey nomad was on the road in their caravans Friday......and all over the road too!!

Was disappointed the guys didn't come over and thank the fans after the game.....I know they were disappointed but geez.....we'd just driven for 11 hours to see them play....a bit of acknowledgement would have been nice.
Thanks Chris Walker for coming at least halfway across the field.

And why wasn't the Titans mascot or cheer girls there??

DIEHARD
21-09-09, 12:25 PM
Just got back from Sydney yesterday. Shattered and devastated to say the least. Very drained, much like I'd say everyone involved with the club is.

I'm glad I went down though. Loved catching up with the Southern Legion and Legion and the other Titans fans. :thumbsup:

We have alot of growth ahead. Maybe we peaked too early and playing the Broncos in Week 1 made a big event even bigger and we lost focus on the Finals. We'll be for the better of it. As Coaster and Steve had said, it will be a pwoerful motivator knwoing the bitter taste of defeat....

I think the team is missing game breakers and we need a tougher forward pack. We lack agression and we can be dominated. We do have the bes backline but we need a stronger forward pack to use it. Maybe Tags can be a game breaker.

Also in that "late" hit on Mortimer. I reckon it was fine.

I'll post up again soon, still mourning here.

Supergoose
21-09-09, 10:50 PM
I reckon we just got unlucky in 2 straight finals matches. We probably outplayed the Broncos and I thought we created enough opportunities to win against Parra as well. In saying that you create your own luck by working hard at all times and in both games we got stung by the other team being too big and too strong, not a good look for us. If a penalty goes against us we're going to need to defend the next set better than we did. I thought both Bailey and Meyers were quiet against the Eels and we really missed Cannings. It's been a great year but that has left me with a hollow feeling. Let's hope Tomane can come of age and slot into the right centre spot inside Mead and also that Mead's hands improve.

The 1%ers got us again. Kick-off out on the full, grubber kicks going dead in goal, allowing so many offloads and dropping off tackles were the main culprits. Fui fui and Grothe really gave them some impetus last night but I thought Mark Minichello was the standout player with strong defence and strong runs.

There's always next year and I hope either the Eels or Broncos go on and win now as that means we were beaten by the eventual grand finalists.

GCT_89
22-09-09, 12:09 AM
I hope either the Eels or Broncos go on and win now as that means we were beaten by the eventual grand finalists.

LOL

ive heard alot of people say that over the past week

but to me it doesnt mean anything
at the end of the day we've beaten every team this season.....do we deserve the premiership?... :p

we were beaten by both Manly and Storm last year, did that make anyone feel better?.....lol

and on topic of the game, i think alot of people out there arent remembering how well the eels played, not only did we not play our BEST game that night, but the eels were on FIRE!

Steve
22-09-09, 11:39 AM
and on topic of the game, i think alot of people out there arent remembering how well the eels played, not only did we not play our BEST game that night, but the eels were on FIRE!

I agree. They're in white hot form at the moment, they were always going to be hard to beat. It's not just Hayne being the best player running around at the moment, but the whole team is performing. I doubt anyone would have beaten them that night.

Adelaide Titan
24-09-09, 11:15 PM
its a shame the Titans went out in straight sets :( they didnt know what to do come finals. bring on 2010!

bigjim
25-09-09, 12:23 AM
Honestly, we had little chance against a white hot Eels in Sydney with about 30,000 fans.
We should have beaten the Broncos in the first week and might have got a weeks rest.
Things could have been different.

Adelaide Titan
25-09-09, 09:53 PM
yeah, the Eels were destined to win that game. we blew it in week one of the finals fair n square

shamus
06-10-09, 04:56 PM

Hey Doug...I saw your girlfriend at Paddys on the weekend. She was upstairs in the food court (raining outside)..well security were trying to ask her to leave and she was going nowhere. Quite comical watching her shadow box this 6 foot 2 brick sh1thous3...

Geez and doesn't she have a foul mouth!

titanstattman
06-10-09, 05:44 PM
Hey Doug...I saw your girlfriend at Paddys on the weekend. She was upstairs in the food court (raining outside)..well security were trying to ask her to leave and she was going nowhere. Quite comical watching her shadow box this 6 foot 2 brick sh1thous3...

Geez and doesn't she have a foul mouth!

Oh u know thats my girl...... i better she was still looking hot as too