PDA

View Full Version : Semi-final time: Southern Legion & Legion: Titans v Eels (Fri, 18 Sep) @ SFS

BringBackWillie
13-09-09, 11:09 PM
With the Eels flogging the Dragons this afternoon, the Titans will play the Eels in the sudden death semi finals in Sydney this Friday night!!!!

We are calling all Titans fans from the Southern Legion, Legion and Queensland to join us to support the boys at this game and be a part of Titans history.

Details are:

Date: Fri, 18 September 2009
Kickoff: 7:45pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Ticketing: Tickets can be purchased from Ticketek on Monday 14 Sept at 9am for Titans/Parramatta members, with the remainder of the tix going on sale on Tuesday, 15 Sept at 9am. More info from the Ticketek website is at http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=NRLSFSFS09

Southern Legion & Legion seating area: The Titans supporters have been allocated bays 36, 37, 38 and 39. However, because of the pricing (Bays 36-38 are in Cat 1 and costs $55 adults and $45 concession) and the fact Bays 36-39 are reserved, so that we can sit together, we are encouraging people to purchase seats in EITHER:
Bay 39: Category 2 (Adults = $45, Concession = $30) [NB. these will be reserved seats); OR
Bay 40: General Admin right next to the allocated Titans bays (Adults = $30, Concession = $20)

The Titans have been successful against the Eels in Sydney in the past and I'm sure they can end the Eels and Jarryd Hayne's run.

So bring your passion, come dressed in your Titans gear, bring your flags, banners, whistles, confetti and drums and help us cheer on the Titans!

Hope to see you there!

GO TITANS! :thumbsup:
Sylve

TITAN PETE
13-09-09, 11:19 PM
It will be great to catch up with you & the Southern Legion on Friday Sylve :thumbsup:

So it sounds like section 40 is the go :fist:

patskE
13-09-09, 11:46 PM
yeh sweet, ill prob sit in bay 40 if i dnt go with my mates
cant wait aye! go the titans

Boofhead
14-09-09, 12:01 AM
Definately heading down for this. :thumbsup:

Haven't been the SFS before, looking forward to it.

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 12:53 AM
I'll be there for sure! Bay 40 looks good for me.

The Legion had it's fun on Saturday and now it is time for the best Southern Legion EVER!

Time for the two Legions to unite and catch Parramatta in a pincer move!

This will be so special to have so many GC Titans fans down there in Sydney along with all the loyal Southern Legion.

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 01:07 AM
SFS venue map

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx46198.gif

Boofhead
14-09-09, 02:01 AM
Flights are booked, just need to call up ticketek tommorow and get tickets for section 40 and I'm about set.

Bring on Friday!

daveyk
14-09-09, 07:47 AM
cant book flight till tonight.... they have gone up already since last night :(
will get a ticket for bay 40 for sure

jenwood
14-09-09, 08:05 AM
im making the trip for this game with 2 fellow Titans fans- wondering which section people are going for as I havent been to sfs before-any clues please! Also how do we go taking flags on the plane- can they be carried on as hand luggage- whats the go? Help please!

titanstattman
14-09-09, 09:42 AM
Yes yes yes the tatt-man is GOING they will be about 8 of us driving down for this in a titans road trip..... we hav about 4 so far...

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 11:20 AM
im making the trip for this game with 2 fellow Titans fans- wondering which section people are going for as I havent been to sfs before-any clues please! Also how do we go taking flags on the plane- can they be carried on as hand luggage- whats the go? Help please!

G'day Jenwood!

You can either pick allocated seating in Bay 39, or General Admission in Bay 40. I dare say most of the known Titans fans around here will be in Bay 40. General admission also allows us all to sit with each other.

It is also cheaper as well.

As for flags, they will likely make you take them to oversized luggage. Which isn't a big deal. Jetstar taped up my two Titans flags both ways, GC to SYD and got them no worries at baggage.

BringBackWillie
14-09-09, 12:32 PM
This is awesome guys!

Just got security clearance from SFS so we can bring in all our drums, flags and banners! We just need to manage the use of everything so that we aren't obstructing people's views during the game which I'm sure we're all used to already. Give me a buzz if you have any probs with security at the gates.

Everyone I've spoken to so far, including some Titans Foundation members are joining us in Bay 40 and 39.

George and his 2 kids are coming so they are making confetti as we speak! :thumbsup:

Steve
14-09-09, 12:34 PM
Ah, sounds like it's gonna be awesome.

Unfortunately finances mean I'll be waiting for the grand final before I make the trip!

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 12:39 PM
That is fantastic news Syl. I will talk to Adam about getting a drum off him. We only need one, maybe two. I need to pick up my gear from Skilled Park during the week. So I will touch base with him and then bring what is needed.

I have been getting alot of queries about seating information for Titans fans and Legion. So we should have ALOT of new recruits from all membership categories. I just got off the phone to a couple of Titanium members! :thumbsup:

Spread the word! Bay 40 (General Admission) or Bay 39 (Allocated Seating)

karnage
14-09-09, 02:37 PM
I just bought a general admission ticket so I can cruise down to section 40.

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 03:38 PM

You are all set then! Should be great, I am delighted that they have General Admission and one right next to the Titans bays. I'll be in Bay 40 as well.

TITAN PETE
14-09-09, 03:46 PM

I've bought the same tickets & it will be cool to meet some people behind the names ......Can't Wait :fist:

Do i need to be Legionized for the match :drool:

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 03:56 PM
Updated SFS venue map complete with Titans arrow pointing to the Southern Legion rally point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/semifinal-parravtitans09-sfs.jpg

DIEHARD
14-09-09, 04:01 PM
I've bought the same tickets & it will be cool to meet some people behind the names ......Can't Wait :fist:

Do i need to be Legionized for the match :drool:

Hell yea mate, we need to go all out! Bring everything you have. We'll have facepaint and Titans tattoos at the game as well.

It'll be fantastic to meet so many new Titans fans. It's so important to network our fanbase so we know each other. And it's rare that we get to sit in the same area at a match.

This will be something very very special.

daveyk
14-09-09, 04:59 PM
i also have a GA ticket... just waiting for my pay to go in then booking flights... getting the 1630 flight down.

am so pumped.... just reading the words "1st Semi Final" on the ticket then followed by "TITANS"

bring it on

titanstattman
14-09-09, 05:35 PM
If any1 wats to be apart of a titans road trip let me know....

Leaving 6.30am friday.....

Leaving after the footy 11pm the lastest

Cost appox 100

getting a 8seater........

shamus
14-09-09, 05:44 PM
Got my GA ticket, got my flights and sorted my accommodation care of Titan Pete.... :thumbsup:

daveyk
14-09-09, 06:12 PM
Got my GA ticket, got my flights and sorted my accommodation care of Titan Pete.... :thumbsup:

about to book flights... where is good to stay??? i have no idea in sydney

Steve
14-09-09, 06:28 PM

If it was the Olympic Park i'd recommend one of the hotels on site. :D

Just checking out where it is, I reckon Paddington would be the go for close accomodation. I imagine you'll be able to get there from most places. I'd go anywhere around the CBD, it's always easy to get to/from the airport and anywhere else.

Being in the sort of area too, if you're a bit hungry there's a great authentic mexican restaurant not too far away at Randwick. Great selection of tequilas. ;) Azteca's on Avoca St. Jose will look after you!

daveyk
14-09-09, 06:29 PM
URGENT!!!!!!!!
can anyone suggest anywhere to stay?? flying solo

shamus
14-09-09, 06:30 PM

I would go to lastminute.com and look for something near Central station maybe. (Chinatown) Titan Pete knows his way around Sydney and can probably help you there. I wouldn't panic about accommodaton just yet. Plenty of Motels in in town..If you PM Pete and get some ideas off him.......

daveyk
14-09-09, 06:33 PM
I would go to lastminute.com and look for something near Central station maybe. (Chinatown) Titan Pete knows his way around Sydney and can probably help you there. I wouldn't panic about accommodaton just yet. Plenty of Motels in in town..If you PM Pete and get some ideas off him.......

yeh jsut not sure what flight to book back....

daveyk
14-09-09, 06:55 PM
awesome stuff.... flights are booked and i am heading too sydney and will shouting and chanting loudly with the SOUTHERN LEGION for the first time....
thats the easy part.... just need somewhere to stay now....

karnage
14-09-09, 08:06 PM
awesome stuff.... flights are booked and i am heading too sydney and will shouting and chanting loudly with the SOUTHERN LEGION for the first time....
thats the easy part.... just need somewhere to stay now....

Did you get the 1630 out of Coolie??

If you did we will have to hook up before the flight so we can save a bit of cash by splitting a cab. I could imagine a couple of cans being emptied too just quietly...

daveyk
14-09-09, 08:19 PM

If you did we will have to hook up before the flight so we can save a bit of cash by splitting a cab. I could imagine a couple of cans being emptied too just quietly...

yeh i a was aiming for that flight for that very reason... so a split cab it is...
i can certainly feel a few being sunk before we take off

karnage
14-09-09, 08:40 PM
yeh i a was aiming for that flight for that very reason... so a split cab it is...
i can certainly feel a few being sunk before we take off

Check your email Dave.

karnage
14-09-09, 08:47 PM
That email just bounced. I will pm you.

BringBackWillie
14-09-09, 09:26 PM
Hey Dave

Try Aarons Hotel or Pacific International Hotel, which is right near Central Station (and a shuttle bus or short walk up to the SFS). They are usually the cheapest hotels to stay at. Otherwise a motel somewhere in Paddington is also do-able.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
14-09-09, 10:18 PM
Any1 who wants free accomadation i can put some tents up in my back yard and put some air matresses in there lol sydney weather has been pretty hot at night
I Love the legion and cant wait to see Matty and Ant in the Southern Legion
Just wondering for the people flying down if any1 wants to meet in the captain cook hotel oppisite the sfs for a few drinks before gates

patskE
14-09-09, 10:55 PM
when u get GA tkt's u dnt get allocated a bay, just u choose ur own seat when u get there aye
hopefully i finish work in time ahah

Steve
14-09-09, 11:11 PM
Hey Dave

Try Aarons Hotel or Pacific International Hotel, which is right near Central Station (and a shuttle bus or short walk up to the SFS). They are usually the cheapest hotels to stay at. Otherwise a motel somewhere in Paddington is also do-able.

I've stayed at Aarons, I'd not recommend it. Forget the price, work paid, but between the garbage trucks going all night in the alley outside the window and the smell in the room, wasn't a pleasant stay.

patskE
14-09-09, 11:32 PM
http://shellgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mel-gibson-braveheart-photograph-c101019223.jpg
WAR PAINT

titanstattman
15-09-09, 10:40 AM

Ok the road trip didnt really work out for me so the number 2 fan helped me out...

Nd i am also flying down with u at this time.... The Tatt-man is still comming.....

TITAN PETE
15-09-09, 11:28 AM
Ok the road trip didnt really work out for me so the number 2 fan helped me out...

Nd i am also flying down with u at this time.... The Tatt-man is still comming.....

You are welcome Dougy even though counting is not your strong point :duh2:

djtilto
15-09-09, 02:45 PM
Wish I had of checked the forum before booking the tickets, we got tickets in section 36. Oh well, I am being shouted so can't really complain. Trust me you will hear us cheering from there anyway!

titanstattman
15-09-09, 03:17 PM
You are welcome Dougy even though counting is not your strong point :duh2:

Hahaha I knew u would love that number 2...... Its like austin powers ( Thankyou number 2).... hehehehe

DIEHARD
15-09-09, 03:23 PM
Wish I had of checked the forum before booking the tickets, we got tickets in section 36. Oh well, I am being shouted so can't really complain. Trust me you will hear us cheering from there anyway!

Don't be too worried mate. Due to the fact that the game won't be anywhere near a sell out, I am sure you can move down to us easily if you like. Especially considering you have paid for Category 1 tickets and you would be moving to Category 3 seats.

Just come down to Bay 40 when gates open and at least say g'day to the other fans and see how you feel about seating closer to kick off.

Playing in Sydney gives us alot more flexibility than at Lang Park or Skilled Park.

patskE
15-09-09, 11:52 PM
i got ga tkt's today, say row ga, seat ****, that means nothing aye? just sit anywhere, 1st in best dressed aye?

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 09:04 AM
i got ga tkt's today, say row ga, seat ****, that means nothing aye? just sit anywhere, 1st in best dressed aye?

Yea aye. :) You are sweet for Friday mate. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 12:29 PM
Over 22k tickets sold for this match! I think this could even get over 30,000!

A great tribute considering we are a new club and don't have many local fans.

But what we lack in numbers we will make up for in quality.

Broncos v Dragons looks headed for a Sell Out. Best Finals Series in my memory so far.

The Parra Blue and Gold Army will be out in force as will the legions of Titans fans! It'll be an amazing atmosphere.

titanstattman
16-09-09, 01:09 PM
Drummer boy cant wait for friday............

titanstattman
16-09-09, 02:33 PM
So wat time we meeting at the airport on friday guys????

daveyk
16-09-09, 05:14 PM
So wat time we meeting at the airport on friday guys????

between 3 - 3:30 bro.... have a few beers before we takeoff

Boofhead
16-09-09, 05:19 PM
Anyone want to catch up before kick off? I'm in city pretty much all day Friday and free from 12 onwards.

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 05:24 PM
Anyone want to catch up before kick off? I'm in city pretty much all day Friday and free from 12 onwards.

Yea man for sure, I'll be catching up with other Southern Legionnaires. We are thinking about going to all you can eat Pizza Hut like we did before the Manly game. :D

titanstattman
16-09-09, 05:39 PM
between 3 - 3:30 bro.... have a few beers before we takeoff

do u want to be picked up??

And we fly in at 6pm so keep sum seats for the drumma boy.......

daveyk
16-09-09, 06:45 PM

yeh dude... was goin to call u about that... that would be great....

doug, karnage and myself should hopefully get into the stadium around 6:30 i am guessing... how long does it take to get from the airport to the SFS??

anyone else flying on the 1630 flight with jetstar on friday???

Sydney Titans Fanatic
16-09-09, 07:48 PM
how long does it take to get from the airport to the SFS??

i think i read that you guys were catching a taxi from the airport you should be there in 20 min max

daveyk
16-09-09, 07:49 PM
i think i read that you guys were catching a taxi from the airport you should be there in 20 min max

yep thats what we are doing.... thats awesome... our flight lands at 1755.... hopefully we get a tail wind on our way down... :)

BringBackWillie
17-09-09, 11:54 AM

Will save you guys some seats

daveyk
17-09-09, 05:57 PM
Will save you guys some seats

thanks syl... can some one have some beers ready to go also... should be there at 6:30

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

patskE
17-09-09, 07:39 PM
war paint... check
titans singlet... check
titans belt buckle... check
tkt's... check
PUMPED... check check check

titanstattman
17-09-09, 07:40 PM
Ok just too let u guys know iv tied up sum media for the southen legion at the sfs

titanstattman
17-09-09, 07:41 PM
war paint... check
titans singlet... check
titans belt buckle... check
tkt's... check
PUMPED... check check check

Dont tell me i got a singlet buddy

patskE
17-09-09, 07:56 PM
yeh man that msg was for everyone else bar u :P

titanstattman
17-09-09, 08:03 PM
yeh man that msg was for everyone else bar u :P

Ok well we'll just hav to see who's the hottest in the singlet.....

patskE
17-09-09, 11:40 PM
well wat singlet u got
i got an 07 and 08
ahah
ill wear a different one ok? jeez :)

DIEHARD
18-09-09, 02:05 AM
Heading to bed now to get a few hours sleep before I head off to Sydney.

See you there whoever is going, anyone who can't make it. Make sure you go to the LIVE site! :thumbsup:

titanstattman
18-09-09, 12:26 PM
well wat singlet u got
i got an 07 and 08
ahah
ill wear a different one ok? jeez :)

Hahahah i got the training singlet... funny shat