PDA

View Full Version : Premiership can still be ours, says Walker

TITAN PETE
13-09-09, 12:52 PM
TITANS excitement machine Chris Walker believes he will leave the Gold Coast with a premiership.

The veteran winger, who is linked with English Super League club Bradford for next season, says Saturday night's loss to the Broncos will be reversed in weeks to come.

"As long as we are still in the finals race next week, we will win," he said.

"One-hundred per cent we can still win this premiership. Just look at the guys in the team -- Presto, Rat, Bails, Red, Harro and Boof.

"There is so much experience.

"We still have a long way to go. I am very positive we can give this a big shake."

Walker, the one-time Origin star whose flagging career was revitalised at the Titans, returned to the field on Saturday night for the first time in eight weeks after an injury-marred back end of the season.

But the 29-year-old showed he still has the class to make a major impact. As the Gold Coast searched for opportunity in the second half, often it was Walker who was breaking the line and causing the tiring Broncos the biggest headache.

"I was pretty happy with my own game," he said.

"I hope we get another go next week and continue to build towards the finale, because the confidence level in the team is still high.

"That was an amazing effort in getting back into the game.

"I think we proved a lot to a lot of people. We are not here just to make up the numbers, and that showed tonight in the second half.

"In the first half we faded out of the game, but we had a lot of inexperienced blokes ... in semi-finals you cannot have those lapses.

"The younger boys especially will be better for the run.

"In the first half a couple of calls did not go our way, but we have the confidence in the team that when we get a sniff, we have guys that can blow a game apart."

"I was confident in the second half that if if we got a few decisions that went our way, I knew we were a big chance and we could come back.

"We should have won this. This was one that got away.

"If we get a couple of things right, we will correct the fade-outs and whoever we play next we will beat them.

"It was a credit to the boys that they dug in and came back.

"It does hurt (to lose), but in saying that it was a great effort."

TITAN PETE
13-09-09, 12:54 PM
Well said Chris & i hope the rest of the squad has the same confidence as you as we the supporters share your thoughts too :fist:

teke
13-09-09, 09:14 PM
Dam straight you guys can still win the comp.

Im bewildered how Storm can advance straight into the 3rd week of the semis with how they have played this yr.