PDA

View Full Version : Work in rugby league on the Gold Coast

DIEHARD
04-12-05, 11:18 PM
The Australian Rugby League Development is seeking applications for a new Development officer focused predominantly on working in primary schools in the Gold Coast area.

We employee both female and male development officers.

A Job description is attached.

The preferred criteria are:

* Degree in teaching
* University degree in Sports Science/Sports Development.
* Knowledge and experience in Rugby League.

The remuneration package includes a car for business and private use, a mobile phone, a uniform and 9% superannuation.

The base salary component starts at $40,000 and scales up to $55,000 with built in incentives.

If you are interested please forward your resume to debbiebrewin@arldevelopment.com.au

Job Specification

Position: National Development Officer

Duties:

1. Increase the participation of children (boys and girls) aged 6-18yrs, playing some form of the game, as part of a school, club or other programs, such as Kids to Kangaroos.

2. Conduct school skill clinics to promote participation and understanding of Rugby League.

3. By using the cluster approach increase the number of competitions amongst schools, concentrating primarily on expanding Smaller Steps competitions.

4. Achieve agreed specified targets in relation to Smaller Steps programs.

5. Recruit more teachers and parents to become involved in the sport in some capacity.

6. Develop and maintain a LeagueNet website.

7. Meet with school sport and parent and principal groups to promote the sport and the programs of ARL Development, Local Associations and State Leagues.

8. Create strong linkages between the Primary School programs, Junior Leagues, State Leagues and High Schools, using such ARL Development programs as Legends of League, League Sevens and High Schools Advocacy program.

9. As may be necessary, introduce a non-contact form of the game (League Tag).

10. Attain and maintain certification as an ARL accredited Coach, First Aid Officer (L1) and a Provider for League Safe.

11. Introduce resources as developed by ARL Development, and others, into the school systems and support structure and ensure their effective use.

12. Meet on a regular basis with other NDOs at meetings convened by ARL Development in order to share ideas, develop new strategies and address problem issues.

13. Conduct School Holiday programs (under auspices of Smaller Steps).

14. Ensure that weekly up-coming calendars of activity and monthly summaries of past activities held are circulated on time to the Schools Program Manager and all local/state stakeholders as per the schedule established by ARL Development.

15. Assist other NDOs and/or other regions as required, providing the Schools Program Manager has given approval.

16. Assist with established district club, region and State League events and special programs.

17. Comply with all reasonable directions given by the ARLD Administration, including meeting all reporting deadlines, budgetary/financial accounting requirements and writing an annual report.

Email Contact: debbiebrewin@arldevelopment.com.au

Source: http://www.QRL.com.au

DIEHARD
04-12-05, 11:22 PM
What a fantastic opportunity for those in a position to have a go.

An extremely rewarding and enjoyable career.

I thought I would post it here to help spread the word. I see this not only as the Titans forum, but the Gold Coast rugby league section and junior development in the Gold Coast as relating to the Titans down the river.

:thumbsup:

DeeGan
05-12-05, 10:20 AM
Just one dream job in rugby league that I would love to be able to have a crack at though qualifications don't allow me too!

The right person for the role will no doubt get to liase with Scott Sattler and John Cartwright as they spend time developing the Titans Elite Squad - a fantastic opportunity and thoroughly rewarding knowing you are doing something on the Gold Coast to maximise growth in the area for junior rugby league.

Ahh well - I guess your all still stuck with me for sometime yet :laugh:

DeeGan

DIEHARD
05-12-05, 10:39 AM
Well said Deegs, whoever gets the job will be responsible for not only shaping new Titans stars but attracting players to the code who we might have lost otherwise. And even giving young children an opportunity to fall in love with the game, making them future Titans fans.

These kids will not only be our new fans of the future, but volunteers, scouts, coaches, referees, administrators and development officiers.

The importance of the job and it's significance to the Titans can't be understated.

Ahh well - I guess your all still stuck with me for sometime yet

:laugh: Don't worry mate, we love you!

Dakink
05-12-05, 11:31 AM
Ahh well - I guess your all still stuck with me for sometime yet

Yes but just who are you?

Lennox Titan
06-12-05, 04:55 PM
I have the teaching degree...pity im not that good at it :p

DIEHARD
06-12-05, 05:05 PM
It might be something people would be interested in working towards.

There will be many new rugby league development jobs in the future.

Coaster
06-12-05, 07:39 PM
If you are serious about the job, forget the qualifications, just go get it.

The right person is the right person, show you have the knowledge the skills and the drive to get this job and you will go along way towards getting it.

There are alot of educated idiots out there, and im sure if the right person wants this job, the degree is only a short step away.