PDA

View Full Version : PRE-GAME FINALS GAME 1 vs Broncos

daveyk
07-09-09, 07:30 PM
Well its only five days to go before we embark on history when we take on our cousin up the road on Saturday 12th September.

A few of us from the Legion will be meeting at the DOG'n'PARROT from about 12:30pm to get warmed up for what is sure to be a blockbuster.
Am inviting anyone who would like to join us to come along.

After all its "THE FINALS" and we are apart of it, so come along and embrace it with other TITAN FANS

Hope to see many of you there...:thumbsup:

GCT_07
07-09-09, 07:33 PM
Got Stephens Basketball in Brissy in the morning but as soon as thats done...... we're there

Boofhead
07-09-09, 11:03 PM
Sounds good to me!

DIEHARD
08-09-09, 04:57 AM
Love the idea. I'll be there and I'll spread the word.

Love to get a nice meal before the big match.

GCT_07
08-09-09, 11:21 AM
Dougs just been down to the Dog N Parrot. Its being organised with the bus to drop a group of us off in time for Gates Open. But to do this we need numbers please.

So basicaly its a midday start.... drinks.....lunch..... then at 3.30 we are off to skilled.

The bus will then leave and return back to the DnP at 5pm to do its normal run........ so this is a one off bus to get us to the game at gates open. ....Its NOT.... continual busses from 3.30

To do this you pretty much have to 'reserve' a seat..... to do that... you need to let us know.

There are already 12 seats taken so let us know pretty quickly please....

GCT_89
08-09-09, 12:38 PM
Dougs just been down to the Dog N Parrot. Its being organised with the bus to drop a group of us off in time for Gates Open. But to do this we need numbers please.

So basicaly its a midday start.... drinks.....lunch..... then at 3.30 we are off to skilled.

The bus will then leave and return back to the DnP at 5pm to do its normal run........ so this is a one off bus to get us to the game at gates open. ....Its NOT.... continual busses from 3.30

To do this you pretty much have to 'reserve' a seat..... to do that... you need to let us know.

There are already 12 seats taken so let us know pretty quickly please....

arent there only 12 seats on those buses anyway? or are they organising both?

also, whats before the game?
OUR U20s have played their last game.....will there be NYC finals before the main game?

GCT_89
08-09-09, 12:43 PM
dont worry i worked it out myself......

Gates Open: 4.10pm
West Tigers Under 20's v Brisbane Broncos Under 20's: 4.15pm (GO THE TIGERS!!!!!!)
Gold Coast Titans v Brisbane Broncos: 6.30pm

but yea, theres a few of us that will be walking from robina coz we're painting up..........

GCT_07
08-09-09, 12:43 PM
Its a 25 seater from what I know so far...... as for the under 20s...... I believe its Bronco s and Tigers..... which means I get to go for the Tigers for the first time in....... shoot.... 20 years.... D@mn.....

Gates open sometime round 4

GCT_07
08-09-09, 12:44 PM
ok... well you posted same time....... so.... hard at work I see son :thumbsup:

GCT_89
08-09-09, 12:55 PM
still cant do any selling so facebook and forums it is......

DIEHARD
08-09-09, 04:29 PM
I have to catch up with a lot of other people, so Im no certainty for the bus. I might still make it for the pre game meet up though.

But let's make sure we are all there in force when gates open, to set up the Legion shop!

DIEHARD
08-09-09, 04:38 PM
Lock me in for lunch. The time frame and location is very conveniant. :thumbsup:

daveyk
08-09-09, 07:37 PM
well i am an obvious inclusion....

maybe plus one aswell....

will be a great start to a great HISTORY making day

GCT_07
08-09-09, 07:59 PM
It was your bloody idea....... of course I ve already got you down......:laugh:

I dont have any of the smurfs though..... I figured they would be painting up and making their way to skilled.

I have so far

Davey
Doug
Mel + 2
Rhonda + 1
Dalton + 1
Jon
Me
Stephen
Boof
Paul

daveyk
08-09-09, 08:05 PM
yeh i know... but though i would throw it in there for our benefit... LOL

GCT_07
08-09-09, 08:15 PM
LMAO....... hey..... I reacon break it down to hours.... with 12 on the 12th being it..........ok.... give me a sec......(actually a while).... and I ll work it out

OK... .COUNT DOWN ON........ 87 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES :salute:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

daveyk
08-09-09, 09:06 PM
86hours and 55mins....
okay this could get out of hand...

86hrs 54mins

GCT_07
08-09-09, 09:32 PM
PMSL...:laugh: ....:laugh: ....:laugh:

titanstattman
09-09-09, 08:35 AM
yeh i know... but though i would throw it in there for our benefit... LOL

Hold Hold Hold up whos idea come on davey whos idea..... (it wasnt me)

GCT_07
09-09-09, 08:43 AM
Bloody Bloody..... didnt mean to start a sibling fight.......LOL..... Davey spoke to me about it at the Titans Training on monday and then you rang yesterday and sorted out the bus, what you 2 did behind the scene I wouldnt have a clue......... so how bout we just share and I ll buy you both a drink ok......

great.... group hug......:laugh:

titanstattman
09-09-09, 11:40 AM
Bloody Bloody..... didnt mean to start a sibling fight.......LOL..... Davey spoke to me about it at the Titans Training on monday and then you rang yesterday and sorted out the bus, what you 2 did behind the scene I wouldnt have a clue......... so how bout we just share and I ll buy you both a drink ok......

great.... group hug......:laugh:

Its all good ma just stiring dave up cause Mel did the ring around to the girls and co about it and than dave said he would post it up its all good.....:laugh:

GCT_07
09-09-09, 11:49 AM
Well in that case..... stuff you both.... I m buyin Mel a drink......:laugh:

While I m here though... have you heard back about the bus.... is that all confirmed..........

And then a second note...... The 2010 members brochure drop is on again on Saturday. I m thinkin maybe there s a chance that once we get there at what will be around half hour before gates open we could all do a hand out and be at gate F intime for gates open. I ve also asked them if they would want us to hand them out inside the stadium as well.........

What does ya think

DIEHARD
09-09-09, 11:55 AM
Yea I think we are far too busy to fully commit. But we can certainly pitch in BEFORE the gates open. I have also asked for some brochures just for everyone sitting in The Legion bay. A great chance to sell them on Legion Membership. :thumbsup:

I don't think you can beat members selling the idea of membership to the public.

GCT_07
09-09-09, 12:05 PM
Ummmm Brad.... You have got to STOP thinking what I m thinking...... it is disturbing me.......... my ananlogy was..... its like asking someone to work on prom night....... yes I know... prom... footy..... not quite the same..(considering we dont even have proms here) .......... but.... same point....... This for us is like huge celebration..... I havent counted the sleeps like this even down to the hours since santa..... and we all know that was more than a short while ago.

BUT.... I reacon the half hour before the game should be a goer..... after all..... the more legion members we get next year the more it will improve our own enjoyment of the game.

But Brad.... seriously.... stop thinkin like me..... its a d@mn scarey thought :nope: ..............................:laugh:

DIEHARD
09-09-09, 12:19 PM
LOL don't sweat it Robyn, I'm sure there is a million things I think about that you don't think about. Such as Nintendo, Ninja Turtles, cartoons, Maury Povich, Police 10 7....Queensland Maroons :laugh:

But the fact is THE LEGION is needed in Skilled Park to rev everyone up and get ready for the best night of footy ever! So what's best for the club is us being there. So I don't feel as guilty not being able to help out as much this weekend, we put in at the Cronulla and Wests Tigers game. :)

But we also have a bit of time up our sleeve, so we can meet half way. And if we have brochures in Section 30, we will have plenty of time and plenty of enthusiastic volunteers to hit up the non members.

But back to the point.... I can't wait until Saturday! And spending time with the Titans fans getting a drink and a meal and speculating on what it will be like to witness history.

To me rugby league is the greatest game, but sharing it with such great people makes it a 1,000 times better. I'm addicted to it.

titanstattman
09-09-09, 12:29 PM
Well in that case..... stuff you both.... I m buyin Mel a drink......:laugh:

While I m here though... have you heard back about the bus.... is that all confirmed..........

And then a second note...... The 2010 members brochure drop is on again on Saturday. I m thinkin maybe there s a chance that once we get there at what will be around half hour before gates open we could all do a hand out and be at gate F intime for gates open. I ve also asked them if they would want us to hand them out inside the stadium as well.........

What does ya think

Wat no drink for me of but but but but... Ok mel can have it......

Im about to go over there soon we up to about 25 at this point.,..

Come of fans joinh us here for a great start to the best game ever..

Oh shat i better find myself a ticket.....

GCT_07
09-09-09, 12:35 PM
Brad....... You ve got me on the Ninja Turtles, cartoons, Maury Povich and Police 10 7....(I dont even know what that one is)........but Nintendo....... P LEASE....... My Nintendo addiction goes back to the early 90 s with the origional nintendo........... I even brought all the old ones online so i can still play them with the Wii......... now as for the Queensland Moooorooooooons...... I have plenty of thoughts about them..... they just arent nice thoughts thats all........... :laugh:

Doug....... I think we have close up round the 25 for the bus but more in general......... so basically if they do that bus for us and can make sure we are there just after 3.30 so I can help out with the brochures (and anyone else who is in a helpful mood) then I m sure we can put it out there enough to make sure it was worth it for them.

Just as a side note...... they have the GCU fan club there on the sunday..... so that gets a HUGE turn out for them.

DIEHARD
09-09-09, 01:37 PM
Wow sweet. I'll bring my Nintendo DS with Titans case! It's one of my most prized possessions. Nothing beats the NES though.

titanstattman
09-09-09, 02:59 PM
Ok just had another meeting with D n P and they just waiting to hear back from the bus guy....

He also ask if it matted if it takes to bus loads to get us there and i said NO not at all...

So yes the meeting place for the 1st Semi will be at the D n P from 12pm..

For drinks and lunch b4 we take on the little donkeys from up the road...

Also i am thinking of getting a limo from skilled and stright to T/bar after the game, looking at the 12 seater so please if u are keen on this idea aswell please let me know.. so i can book u a seat i hav 7 booked already but if more want im sure we can fix it... Cost should be around the 10-20 mark each

Steve
09-09-09, 03:32 PM
I've got nothing on saturday so I should be able to come down for drinks.

DIEHARD
09-09-09, 03:35 PM
Well done on that Doug. Alot of people will appreciate it, myself included!

daveyk
09-09-09, 09:09 PM
well steve your schedule shouldve been cleared when the full time whistle went at the sharks game..... so will be expecting you there for the pre game show

i got a ticket for u little bro....

DIEHARD
10-09-09, 03:47 PM
We should have some media in attendance so come in colour! :thumbsup:

daveyk
10-09-09, 06:50 PM
hell yeh.....
i will be in colour from tomorrow... the truck is painted so here we go

titanstattman
10-09-09, 07:35 PM
We should have some media in attendance so come in colour! :thumbsup:

And it all might start from the d n p