PDA

View Full Version : LEGION 1ST FINAL: Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos

Boofhead
06-09-09, 08:36 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos

6:30pm Saturday 12 September 2009 - Skilled Park, Gold Coast
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titansvsbroncos.jpg

Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au - GET IN THERE TITAN SUPPORTERS!

Gates Open - TBA
NYC Under 20?s Kick off ? TBA
Main Game Kick off ? 6:30pm

GCT_89
07-09-09, 08:38 AM
make sure EVERYONE gets tickets before the broncos fans.....it will be very dissapointing if too many broncos fans get ahold of our seats.......

BringBackWillie
07-09-09, 12:51 PM
See you there!

Someone please mind me a seat :)

DIEHARD
07-09-09, 01:24 PM
See you there!

I will. I got your ticket as well. Try and get there early.

This should be the best night. Im sure we can beat the Broncos. And even though it'll be a tough assignment, perhaps it is fitting that we take on the Broncos in our first Finals appearance.

I'll have some brand new flags and banners to spread up the back of Section 30, to help us be the most colourful and passionate ever.

Theresa is also working on more togas, which will be fantastic. She did an amazing job last week.

I can't wait to sing the Titans victory song and Everywhere we go... after smashing the Broncos!

GCT_89
07-09-09, 01:39 PM
See you there!

depends on what jersey your wearing?.....lol

:p

DIEHARD
07-09-09, 03:12 PM
TICKET UPDATE: There has been nearly 300 Legion GA tickets sold, this means they are nearly sold out. Please try and buy the remaining tickets for your friends and family. It's the ideal chance to introduce them to The Legion!

There is also Legion Reserved for sale, from Row 15 backwards. Once the GA tickets are sold, Rows 15 and back are available.

Let's pack out Section 30 in BLUE, GOLD and WHITE!

dean
08-09-09, 07:43 AM
I lined up for over 1 hour at ticketek first thing monday morning to get tickets in the legion area or anywhere behind the legion in section 30. Much to my dissapointment i was told that the entire Legion area and the whole of section 30 was sold out. So i settled for seats in section 24. Got home and i was absolutely filthy with Ticetek when i found out that there were plenty of tickets left for both Legion and Sec 30. ABSOLUTELY SPEWING as i've sat behind you guys and enjoyed the atmosphere that you have created all season and would have loved being amongst it for this one. Oh well, shat happens.

Nathalie
08-09-09, 07:46 AM
On the Ticketek website it doesn't say that the Legion tickets are sold out yet.. that's why I'm sitting here waiting for it to tick over to 9am so I keep hitting refresh, haha.. if I can't get tickets in section 30 I'll settle for whatever's closest that's available.

Diehard, I thought that Legion didn't have GA for the finals? That's awesome.. if I can get GA tickets, that is haha..looks as though the GA ones are sold out and there are only allocated Legion tickets available.

And it occurred to me last night.. this means I possibly have the chance to use my banner again!! If I get GA tickets and some poles.

And so we're doing the toga thing? That'll look great!

DIEHARD
08-09-09, 07:56 AM
I lined up for over 1 hour at ticketek first thing monday morning to get tickets in the legion area or anywhere behind the legion in section 30. Much to my dissapointment i was told that the entire Legion area and the whole of section 30 was sold out. So i settled for seats in section 24. Got home and i was absolutely filthy with Ticetek when i found out that there were plenty of tickets left for both Legion and Sec 30. ABSOLUTELY SPEWING as i've sat behind you guys and enjoyed the atmosphere that you have created all season and would have loved being amongst it for this one. Oh well, shat happens.

I'm really sad to hear this! Sorry Ticketek screwed you over, it happens more often than not to be honest and it is not good enough. Even footy heads like us get the run around, I don't know how the general public could cop. Especially taking ticketek's word.

I'm chuffed that you enjoyed your Legion experiences this year, but don't worry Dean, you can still come visit us before kick off and say G'day. And also... Skilled Park will be Legions of Titans fans.

It's time for us all to saddle up, wear our proud colours, bring our flags and paint our faces and put on Titans tattoos.

The main thing is being at this historic game, with only just over 27,000 seats, not everyone can witness it first hand. This game will be like the Broncos first home game at Lang Park in 1988, which half of Brisbane reckon they attended, but only 17,000 really showed up! :laugh:

Nathalie
08-09-09, 08:00 AM
Don't worry. That first game that I went to this year (when I brought Ariana), when I got to the ticket window the lady told me that the Legion area was sold out. So I just bought another $30 tickets and went into the Legion section anyway. And when I was in there I saw there was no way that the Legion area was sold out.

Nathalie
08-09-09, 08:13 AM
I got my ticket.. in Row 15. That's not the first row in that part is it? If it was I could almost hang my banner across the railing there.. but I don't think it is.. ah well. At least I've got my ticket now :)

DIEHARD
08-09-09, 08:25 AM
I got my ticket.. in Row 15. That's not the first row in that part is it? If it was I could almost hang my banner across the railing there.. but I don't think it is.. ah well. At least I've got my ticket now :)

Nah row 15 isnt the first row. But it is the first row of reserved seating after the 14 rows of Legion GA. I also have a couple seats in row 15

Legion are currently selling at row 25. So they are nearly all gone, one whole bay! :)

Nathalie
08-09-09, 08:49 AM
That's great.. Yeah before 9am all sections were readily available, then just after 9am the top three were 'single seats only'.. Can't wait to cheer on the Titans!

titanstattman
08-09-09, 12:07 PM
Hahaha i havnt even got a ticket,....

Boofhead
08-09-09, 12:44 PM
Might want to do somthing about that Dougy haha.

titanstattman
08-09-09, 12:48 PM
Might want to do somthing about that Dougy haha.

Yeah abit too late on that i think to get GA

DIEHARD
08-09-09, 12:52 PM
730 Legion tickets (GA and reserved combind) sold a couple hours ago, it'd be close to if not sold out.

I just worked out I get to take my LITTLE BROTHERS GROW UP banner and I have the chance to finish my KINGS OF QLD banner. Which I might keep handy... and unveil when we win. ;) Like GCT 07 did with her Mat Rogers 100 Tries, had it on hand.

This is going to be an absolutely high water mark for footy on the Coast! A bay full of Legionnaires! So please go the extra mile and bring your supporter flags, helmets, streamers, whatever. Face paint.

If you have supporter flags from previous years, bring them along for friends and family. Let's make The Legion a sea of Blue and Gold and White!

Let's go the extra mile here! This is OUR big moment!

dean
08-09-09, 04:53 PM
Probably the wrong spot for this post but it doesn't hurt to try. I have 3 tickets together in section 24, row 26, which is in the eastern stand, northern end and on the 20mtr line. Great seats and a really great view. Just wondering if anyone who has tickets in the Legion section or section 30 would like to swap their seats for these. They cost me $140 and i am happy for a straight swap. My loss is your gain.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
08-09-09, 06:52 PM
Got my Legion ticket in GA cant wait fly up from sydney in the morning cant wait to see you there

daveyk
08-09-09, 07:03 PM
dean....
there is always room in the legion.... considering EVERYONE STANDS UP
even on seats....

titanstattman
09-09-09, 07:41 AM
dean....
even on seats....

Yeah thats wat i think aswell just come down at half time and dont leave....

Or come down and watch the u/20s and dont leave

dean
09-09-09, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=daveyk;257961]dean....
even on seats....[/QUOTE

Thanks Davey. Didn't think of that. I will check it out on Saturday and if there is enough room then i'm definately in.

daveyk
09-09-09, 08:00 PM
got a disturbing phone call today guys....

there is a group of 6 brisbane fans that have bought tickets in the legion for saturday.... pretty sure that they got GA aswell... so make sure that we get there at gates open to kick them the hell out

LOL

GCT_07
09-09-09, 08:37 PM
Well they have to get past me on one end and I m dead set serious......aint no bronco getting past me in the Legion......... :fight: Second to that..... It would be pretty damn hard for them to have gotten a GA ticket.....so if they havent.... I ll just call dear old mr security over to get them the fluck out.

But yes.... I ll be there about 45 mins before gates open... that first bus at 3.15:laugh:

Battle lines are drawn........ BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNNNN

DIEHARD
09-09-09, 08:41 PM
Damn that sucks. Hope they like sitting in Row 14. :laugh:

I might ask the club in future to phrase us as "Titans Legion" on ticketek.

It might help attract more Titans fans and less opposition.

Anyway I got a heap of Titans tattoos for everyone. Going to be a few busy days getting ready for the big game.

daveyk
09-09-09, 08:43 PM
its just the response that i am looking for...
should makes thing very interesting thats for sure....

DIEHARD
09-09-09, 08:59 PM
We need to make sure we all get in there early and claim the very best real estate. And bags seats for Titans fans coming later.

GCT_07
09-09-09, 09:02 PM
There are plenty of flags to stake it out....... besides.... I m pretty sure that security would move them. I think they would be to worried about what might happen and might just take moves to stop the possibility of it happening.

dee13
10-09-09, 03:34 PM
Great news guys, Both Buck the Broncos (mascots) will be in attendance so I will make sure we make it entertaining for the Legion. Cameras and Videos at the ready.:thumbsup:

The trash talk between us has already started via text. LOL

daveyk
10-09-09, 05:35 PM
awesome.... i still laugh when i think of the game at suncorp when blade was absent.... buck certainly had a potty mouth...

DIEHARD
10-09-09, 07:47 PM
Great news guys, Both Buck the Broncos (mascots) will be in attendance so I will make sure we make it entertaining for the Legion. Cameras and Videos at the ready.:thumbsup:

The trash talk between us has already started via text. LOL

Mate Syl would dearly love a photo with both of you, Blade and Buck. Can we make this happen? :)

titanstattman
10-09-09, 08:50 PM
Mate Syl would dearly love a photo with both of you, Blade and Buck. Can we make this happen? :)

Hey just wonding if syl is in bay 30 wat colors will be warn?????

Steve
11-09-09, 07:50 AM
I told Sylv I want her in Titans colours as a birthday present. Not sure what our chances are though!

DIEHARD
11-09-09, 09:56 AM
LOL good move Steve, let's see if it pays off.

shamus
11-09-09, 12:49 PM
Sorry a bit off topic but I am in a rush out the door so will post here. We had Channel 7 pop into our work today in relation to IBM's Titan's Town promotion and they did a quick take on IBM/Titan supporters.......I will explain more later coz as I said I am out the door now but hopefully this will be on the news at some stage tonight. I even got the Qld State manager for IBM to wear a Titans Finals T-Shirt for his interview and he is a Broncos supporter. I have no idea what he says in the interview but I assume it was all positives for the Titans.

Gotta go

kwigibo
11-09-09, 01:53 PM
Who needs a legion ticket? Theresa has an extra going for $35.

Nathalie
11-09-09, 02:07 PM
I have a Legion ticket but not GA.. it's row 15.. is she willing to do a swap? Costs the same.

E.T.A. It's ok.. I just realised you probably mean that she has a ticket for someone who's no longer going so would like the cash.. lol

Also to you Smurfs, what kind of paint do you guys use?

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:01 PM
Go the Broncos cant wait to see the looks on your faces coasty's

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:02 PM
you touch that horse and ill come down there and tag **** all over ya bloody park idiot

titanstattman
11-09-09, 03:04 PM
Go the Broncos cant wait to see the looks on your faces coasty's

How look of wat?????

GCT_07
Bronco....... some times things get planned that dont always turn out the way the people planning them think they are going to...... thats when people like us stand back an laugh........

so just when you think youve got a good thing sorted..... think again.

jokes on you

titanstattman
you touch that horse and ill come down there and tag **** all over ya bloody park idiot

Who are u talking about??????

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:07 PM
Just thought id come in here and say GO BRONCOS your titan shed wont hold up we are guna bury you lot lmao

titanstattman
11-09-09, 03:09 PM
Just thought id come in here and say GO BRONCOS your titan shed wont hold up we are guna bury you lot lmao

Hahaha wev beaten u at suncorp but yet u donkeys are still yet to beat us at home so i dont think ur going to do this this year......LOL:thumbsup:

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:10 PM
mate the jokes on you lot for getting your hopes up your guna be very quiet tomorrow cant wait Finals PRESSURE woot woot

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:12 PM
Hahaha wev beaten u at suncorp but yet u donkeys are still yet to beat us at home so i dont think ur going to do this this year......LOL:thumbsup:

yeh cant win em all finals count bud and there is no club better then us

titanstattman
11-09-09, 03:13 PM
mate the jokes on you lot for getting your hopes up your guna be very quiet tomorrow cant wait Finals PRESSURE woot woot

Hahaha love it every1 has a dream u might get one but not this year...LOL

We wont choke like u guys did last year at ur own home...

This is one of the reason why i love this game......

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:14 PM
lol you suk go the Broncos baby oh yeah

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:15 PM
mate hate to dash ya hopes but money is on us baby we are little brother down the highway is guna get pumped i hate the coast lol

Bronco
11-09-09, 03:17 PM
cant wait for your afl side to come in hmm one park for three teams can the coast handle three teams lol

dee13
11-09-09, 03:36 PM

I will make sure it happens in front of the Legion. Only if I get emails with lots of photos so i can email them to Buck and we can both keep some of the memories.

Coaster
11-09-09, 03:37 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/coasterphotos15/banhammer.jpg

GCT_07
11-09-09, 03:57 PM
Coaster........ Your crackin me up.....

I ve got a thought though.... on Saturday night... just after the game.... we just copy and paste his comments back into the Donkeys forum...... and they can go have a big cry all together........

Coaster
11-09-09, 04:20 PM
If anyone is within earshot of a touchie tommorow night you need to scream at him "GET LANGER OFF THE FIELD"

Ultra important to bring this to the officials notice, Langer spent 49 minutes on the filed last time, he is playing as a 14th man, and they are winning because of it, it is time they got him off.

Dogs were docked 2 points for 14 men, Broncos get away with it every week

Boofhead
11-09-09, 05:12 PM
cant wait for your afl side to come in hmm one park for three teams can the coast handle three teams lol

Is it school holidays already? Get your facts straight kid before you come onto a forum and try to troll.

DIEHARD
11-09-09, 11:17 PM
I bought facepaint today. Also bought material for 3 new smaller Titans flags.

I also have a heap of Titans temp tattoos to give out. :thumbsup:

Nathalie
12-09-09, 06:35 AM
We came up with something - write '2035, Future Titans Captain' on my belly... but now I'm not so sure about it, only because I'll be going by myself (Shaun didn't know his work schedule at the time of ticket purchase) so I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be. I still might do it.

Plus, I have a Legion ticket but not in GA. Row 15. :(

titanstattman
12-09-09, 06:52 AM
We came up with something - write '2035, Future Titans Captain' on my belly... but now I'm not so sure about it, only because I'll be going by myself (Shaun didn't know his work schedule at the time of ticket purchase) so I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be. I still might do it.

Plus, I have a Legion ticket but not in GA. Row 15. :(

Dont u think its going to be abit cold...

Steve
12-09-09, 06:59 AM
Woke up this morning with a crazily sore throat. Still going to the game, can't miss it! May not be able to shout like usual.

So annoyed!

Nathalie
12-09-09, 07:06 AM
Dont u think its going to be abit cold...

Yup that's also another reason why I probably won't do it.. I also want to bring my banner from last time, but apart from not having poles (borrowed them from Stephen and Ma last time), I'm in Row 15 and not GA :mad:

daveyk
12-09-09, 08:36 AM
Yup that's also another reason why I probably won't do it.. I also want to bring my banner from last time, but apart from not having poles (borrowed them from Stephen and Ma last time), I'm in Row 15 and not GA :mad:

banners are welcome anywhere....

Nathalie
12-09-09, 08:38 AM
banners are welcome anywhere....

Yup but a) I don't have poles and b) the banner is quite long, I wouldn't be able to hold it up where I am sitting..

GCT_07
12-09-09, 08:45 AM
Nathalie........ bring your banner anyway and I can move 'THE LEGION' one over a bit and put that one next to it. That way they will be able to see it all over the stadium all game instead of when you get a chance to hold it up.

There could be room in GA anyway..... will have to see when you get there.

Well I m out of here.... I m on my way up to brissy then back to dog n parrot......

Already all titaned up......(cept for wig and facepaint.....lol.....save that for the stadium)

Nathalie
12-09-09, 08:48 AM
Yeah I think I'll bring it if I can.. problem is I won't be near it unless I can get into GA.. it's only me though. I guess yup we'll have to see what the crowd is like.. I remember being told by the ticket lady once that Legion was sold out but when I got there, since most people were standing anyway, there were plenty of seats there.

Coaster
12-09-09, 10:14 AM
Off to the wedding, sing long and proud guys and gals.

Keep Langer off that field!!!!!

Go the TITANS!!!

I wanna hear you all from Brissy jail where i might end up

Nathalie
12-09-09, 12:09 PM
Hahaha Coaster.. have fun at the wedding :p

And I FOUND PAINT!! So I might just paint my belleh :D

Nathalie
12-09-09, 01:45 PM
Belly's all painted up. Then I realised I have to go to Woolies on the way to the station :laugh: that should be interesting. See everyone there!

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 09:42 AM
The Legion was buzzing last night. Besides the result, it was an awesome way to send out the season.

I have to give major props to Doug and Davey, you blokes did so much with the drums in the first half trying to get everyone into it. And it worked!

Theresa is an absolute champ for making so many togas and spending so much money on it. They looked amazing. And really added to the festive nature. It's great that we now have them for future use.

I've never seen Skilled Park with such an amazing atmosphere. There was more Broncos fans there but you could only really see blue. Titans fans were the colours and boy were they loud.

It was like a State of Origin atmosphere.

Amaline joined us in the 2nd half and he seemed to be our good luck charm, cause the Titans fightback begun. Definitely alot of fun to have you there Ben!

And what about Freddy, one of our little Legionnaires. He told Davey and Wade that he plays the trumpet. Apparently the stadium wouldn't let it in. But maybe we can work something out for 2010. Cause Id love to have Freddy on the trumpet! I think The Legion needs that and Freddy is one of our iconic fans.

The new flags I made came up a treat, so well worth the effort and time.

The Titans tatts I had and the wet sponge, made it easy to go around and put tats on fans. Thanks to Theresa for helping me go on patrol.

Thanks to Skilled Park, for letting about 15 Legionnaires in 10mins early to set up. That was above and beyond the call of duty. And we so appreciate what the administration of Skilled Park does for us!

I also loved the Legion banner and other banners we stuck up along the railings. It looked fantastic and gave many people a chance to see the banners alot more than they otherwise would have.

Full marks to Doug for pushing the idea of the Dog n Parrott meet up. It was a great time there. And really added to the build up. And heading to the game in a limo, who would have thought!

Yea all in all it was a memorable night and the boys in blue nearly beat the evil empire.

The Legion behind us looked amazing! I think we got a lot of new recruits last night. And they were right into the chants. My favourite moment was with minutes to go and the entire bay was doing the TTTTIIIIIITTTTTAAANNNNSSSS chant, it gave me goosebumps.

Also it was great to hear from many of the people who came, that even though we lost, they enjoyed the evening an the atmosphere.

So well done Titans fans. We lost on the paddock but I reckon we definitely one in the stands!

Nathalie
13-09-09, 10:41 AM
I agree with everything you said, Brad - the atmosphere was amazing and I have never had so much fun at a game.

I sure hope I can get a membership for next year!

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 12:55 PM
One of my favourite moments, was pulling up to Skilled Park in the limo with some of the legion.

Doing the I LOVE GOLD COAST chant. And then minutes later hearing some other people singing it. Turning around and OMG!

It was the Smurfs! And we sung it bach and forth then united as one.

God that was such a great moment, you can't write them better.

Also I'd like to thank the Smurfs for all their hard work as our mos iconic fans. The jobs you guys do is amazing and all the fans love it. I've seen you guys a million times and it never ceases to entertain me or make me smile when I see you or the reaction from other fans!

My favourite Smurf picture was at the Bulldogs game when you made the SMASH ENNIS banner and it started to rain and you guys used it for shelter and were drinking beer. :laugh:

GCT_91
13-09-09, 10:41 PM
STAND UP if you love the coast

loved cheering that and looking back at the crowd to see everyone behind us standing up and cheering.

lastnight was an awsome game and a great atmosphere. i wish more regular home games were like that.

DIEHARD
13-09-09, 11:52 PM

loved cheering that and looking back at the crowd to see everyone behind us standing up and cheering.

lastnight was an awsome game and a great atmosphere. i wish more regular home games were like that.

Totally agree. When we were singing that and everyone was actually standing up, it was magic!

Best atmosphere ever. In some ways even better than Origin because you could share it with so many friends.

Beachbub23
14-09-09, 05:10 PM
Saturday was deffinately a great game!! even though we lost we were able to walk out with our heads held high cause the boys played great.
Everyone was so loud and colourful, was great to see!!
Just wondering where pictures from the game get put as on the Titans website there is only one pic up of the game!
Bring on this Friday night!!

Steve
14-09-09, 05:12 PM
Saturday was deffinately a great game!! even though we lost we were able to walk out with our heads held high cause the boys played great.
Everyone was so loud and colourful, was great to see!!
Just wondering where pictures from the game get put as on the Titans website there is only one pic up of the game!
Bring on this Friday night!!

Your best bet is for photos is the Bulletin site. www.goldcoast.com.au