PDA

View Full Version : Legion Round 24: TITANS vs SHARKS

DIEHARD
04-08-09, 07:14 PM
TITANS vs SHARKS
2:00pm Sunday 23 August 2009 - Skilled Park

Legion tickets: CLICK HERE TO BUY (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANIND09&searchId=8f89d964-bfc0-4ea1-9edb-854be9b838ba)

DIEHARD
04-08-09, 07:16 PM
With the next two games being away, we will be hanging out for this one. And we will be rewarded with a beautiful Sunday arvo.

Should be a heap of new Legion recruits at this one as well. :thumbsup:

Get your tickets soon, if you aren't a season member.

GCT_89
04-08-09, 07:18 PM
the blue men (and women) will be there for this game.....FOR SURE!

DIEHARD
04-08-09, 07:23 PM

Oh yes! The Titans biggest cult figures. Got to love day games!

I got some old school Smurf-age to share with you all soon. Pictures from the Smurfs at Carrara.

Mushi
05-08-09, 04:48 PM
I'll be there for the first time! Looking forward to it.

DIEHARD
08-08-09, 07:01 PM
I think now we have the drums together, we need to follow suit and get a good group of the singers together. Have a bit of a choir?

GCT_89
11-08-09, 02:33 PM
.......yea, not too sure now.....but we'll see.......

daveyk
11-08-09, 02:53 PM
.......yea, not too sure now.....but we'll see.......

now why is that????

GCT_89
11-08-09, 02:59 PM
numbers....i think there might be some people missing from this game......

daveyk
11-08-09, 03:02 PM
numbers....i think there might be some people missing from this game......

i will throw my hand up if needed.. just need a little notice

GCT_89
11-08-09, 03:09 PM
cheers mate....will let you know

DIEHARD
11-08-09, 03:55 PM
I'm looking forward to some positive rugby league experience after the drama of the last couple of days.

Also really keen to go 11/12 at home, which is still a stunning achievement.

DIEHARD
16-08-09, 02:55 PM
This is gonna be a big one for the Titans and the Gold Coast fans!

A day game and a powerful Titans outfit up against a rudderless Sharks.

The Legion has been fantastic this year and just keeps growing. I think we are only very close to reaching a really good level of support. Some focused work on the songs, yes I promise to be in the thick of it and if we get some other volunteers we can have a choir to lead the rest of us.

I think we have great numbers and colour. But we need more flags (Please all Titans members/fans bring your supporter flags.) and especially banners. Look at the Dragons army last night, they look amazing with all their banners.

So I am going to make two new special and much needed banners for the Titans Legion ****nal.

They will be...

PUT 'EM TO THE SWORD!

Just to remind the team that just like in ancient Rome, we want blood in the Colosseum! We need the killer instinct!

And...

WELCOME TO THE FORTRESS!

I think it is well time to fully embrace the name of the Titans home ground that has gotten so much traction in the media, fans and players. :thumbsup: And I love the name, it fits so well alongside TITANS and LEGION.

These banners will be available for any passionate Titans fans to use.

goldcoastitans
17-08-09, 08:28 PM
blue people aka SMURFS will be there!!! we just making a few changes to our squad hahaha

GCT_89
17-08-09, 08:54 PM
just realised its a bloody 2pm kick off.....so approx 12 gates open.....

i was rostered to work till 12.....not happening now......lol

daveyk
18-08-09, 06:22 PM
just realised its a bloody 2pm kick off.....so approx 12 gates open.....

i was rostered to work till 12.....not happening now......lol

hahaha... that is awesome.. well done

DIEHARD
18-08-09, 07:25 PM
Glad you can make it 89! You get off work just in time for the game.

Great to have the iconic Smurfs back on deck too!

CLICK HERE TO BUY LEGION TICKETS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANIND09&searchId=8f89d964-bfc0-4ea1-9edb-854be9b838ba)

I'll have the two new banners ready to rock along with my flags.

Nathalie
19-08-09, 02:13 PM
I just scored some tickets - Mum's work friend gave them to her but she can't go now because she realised she's working on that day. So yay me! Not sure where the seats are though, I find out tomorrow.

GCT_07
19-08-09, 03:04 PM
Nice pic in the paper today. I cant find it on the web site but I m sure you ll have more luck than me Brad. The Legion Hat on Stephen is a crack up.....:laugh: If I didnt know it was him............. and I should know out of everyone:laugh: Its harder to recognise him in that one than it is when he s all painted.

DIEHARD
19-08-09, 04:23 PM
Yea it's a great article and pic! I will scan it when I get home for everyone to take a look at.

Great promo for The Legion and more importantly the TITANS!

Get to the game guys and girls! And wear blue, gold and white! Get loud and proud!

Thanks to all that showed up for the photo at late notice. :thumbsup:

daveyk
19-08-09, 05:54 PM
what is this LEGION HAT that you speak of????

GCT_07
19-08-09, 06:07 PM
Oh I dont know what to call it........that Legion rubber helmet type hat type thing we have

:laugh:

daveyk
19-08-09, 06:42 PM
Oh I dont know what to call it........that Legion rubber helmet type hat type thing we have

:laugh:

ohh... thats okay then... i thought there may have been an actual hat

DIEHARD
19-08-09, 07:41 PM
As promised................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/gcb-legionaugust19-final.jpg

:thumbsup:

Well done to Adam, Stephen, Ben and Shaun for turning out and representing the Titans short notice.

Steve
20-08-09, 03:41 PM
At this stage it looks like i'm going to miss this game.
Bronchitis + a viral infection in my sinuses, definitely not up to going to the footy!

dee13
20-08-09, 03:43 PM
As promised................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/gcb-legionaugust19-final.jpg

Brad are you trying to fart in that photo.:laugh:

DIEHARD
20-08-09, 06:08 PM
We will be down a few Legionnaires this weekend due to other committments.

So we need a strong turn out from the rest of us. Try and bring some new friends and family.

Legion tickets: CLICK HERE TO BUY (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANIND09&searchId=8f89d964-bfc0-4ea1-9edb-854be9b838ba)

Remember to bring your Titans supporter flags as well!

squirrell
20-08-09, 06:14 PM
And they said peter beatty was a media ****!!! brad ur unstoppable mate!! i see u everywhere,by the way michelle says hi and we will come over on sunday to say hello...good work mate.

GCT_07
20-08-09, 06:36 PM
brad..... do you have the legion write up from today scanned yet

DIEHARD
20-08-09, 09:03 PM
My throat is only just getting better after being thrashed last Friday in Sydney. Can't wait to ruin it again on Sunday.

DIEHARD
20-08-09, 09:09 PM
brad..... do you have the legion write up from today scanned yet

Yep. Here you go....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/gcb-legion-r2409.jpg

Let's get the chants rocking on Sunday. But the main focus on the article is just to get the Titans fans more bias and one eyed on the sidelines. And get behind our simplier chants for starters.

kwigibo
21-08-09, 06:33 PM
My sister has asked if anyone wants to make this game a toga game, it being a day game and all.

daveyk
21-08-09, 06:58 PM
My sister has asked if anyone wants to make this game a toga game, it being a day game and all.

i seriuosly dont think there is time dude

kwigibo
21-08-09, 07:47 PM
i seriuosly dont think there is time dude

That's what I told her, but she insisted I ask.

DIEHARD
21-08-09, 08:19 PM
I thought we were gonna do the toga thing next week? Wouldn't a night game be better? I'm down with that, but we need some lead in time.

It's the last home game, so let's make it a tradition. (Wests Tigers, next Saturday night)

Also for those interested. (Me and Steve) At Australia Fair Snuggies are being sold for $30 at the Danoz store! :laugh:

DIEHARD
21-08-09, 08:47 PM
Just thinking that we should try and do player chants for when they score tries this Sunday. Make it a tradition. It'd be an easy thing to slot in.

We could start with Kevin Gordon and David Mead, seening as I think they will rip it up this Sunday!

kwigibo
21-08-09, 11:58 PM
reckon I'll win?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/DSC00405.jpg

DIEHARD
22-08-09, 11:52 AM
We'll have to make sure the entire Legion makes it known you are there. I think the secret is to let people know you are there well before the song starts.

Well done mate.

DIEHARD
22-08-09, 05:16 PM
Any one bringing blue and gold confetti? It was a massive hit in Sydney last week.

daveyk
22-08-09, 08:01 PM
Any one bringing blue and gold confetti? It was a massive hit in Sydney last week.

confetti is BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the stadium does NOT allow it

DIEHARD
22-08-09, 08:37 PM
Oh well.

I think I'll get back on the drum tomorrow, been a while.

If anyone wants to help hand out flyers for Titans Membership, get there a bit early and help out. 11am at Gate B near the Titans Merchandise Tent.

GCT_07
22-08-09, 10:37 PM
Ok..... I m over all this negative cr@p at the moment and I reacon that if that was South Sydneys attempt at disrupting us in our date with the grand final..... well it didnt work on the team...... it s just us fans that got a little worked up...... so...... back to what we are all here for.

Tomorrows game.......

Where Matty will be getting his 100th try........... far to fitting for it to be against the sharks.

and to mark the occasion.......

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/designright/TITANS/mattybanner006.jpg

daveyk
22-08-09, 11:54 PM
Ok..... I m over all this negative cr@p at the moment and I reacon that if that was South Sydneys attempt at disrupting us in our date with the grand final..... well it didnt work on the team...... it s just us fans that got a little worked up...... so...... back to what we are all here for.

Tomorrows game.......

Where Matty will be getting his 100th try........... far to fitting for it to be against the sharks.

and to mark the occasion.......

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/designright/TITANS/mattybanner006.jpg

thats looks awesome.... remember to keep it hidden until he scores then you can hold it up PROUD of the lad... :p

DIEHARD
23-08-09, 12:27 AM
It looks amazing GCT 07! I think there is a great chance that it will be Matty's special day tomorrow.

Sunday footy, Titans firing on all cylinders... oh yes bring it on!

See you all at the footy! Time for some shut eye now though.

I will be dreaming of a Titans landslide lead by Gordon and Mead.

Nathalie
23-08-09, 08:03 AM
That is one great banner.

I can't wait for the game today! Bringing a friend along with me (Shaun's still recovering from being sick, we leave for Melbourne on Wednesday so he's not taking any chances).. although we won't be sitting with the Legion, the tickets I got given were in Section 3.

And I'm wearing my Titans pj's :D

C u all there!

Steve
23-08-09, 09:10 AM
Still feeling utter crap.
Was considering going anyhow but it's probably not a good idea.
Not happy, I love day games. :(

daveyk
23-08-09, 09:14 AM
Still feeling utter crap.
Was considering going anyhow but it's probably not a good idea.
Not happy, I love day games. :(

the sunshine will do you wonders steve... warm day with not a cloud in the sky... i suggest that you attend

Nathalie
23-08-09, 09:22 AM
That is one great banner.

I can't wait for the game today! Bringing a friend along with me (Shaun's still recovering from being sick, we leave for Melbourne on Wednesday so he's not taking any chances).. although we won't be sitting with the Legion, the tickets I got given were in Section 3.

And I'm wearing my Titans pj's :D

C u all there!

Sorry, not Section 3. That's where someone else I know is sitting.. ah... we're in Section 24.

And Steve, you should come along! :)

DIEHARD
23-08-09, 06:03 PM
Man my voice is ggooorrrnnn. I only got it back on Wednesday from the Souths game!

How frustrating was the video refs!?!? I thought the crowd was pretty vocal. You could hear lots of chants starting up around the stadium and I think the fans in the East and West really were more vocal. Helped draw some penalties. :thumbsup:

As Grant says, we need to get the club to play the FLASH!! AHHHHHHHH!!! Song when Gordon scores. It's by Queen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNf9rEPoc8Q

Thanks Robyn/GCT 07 for fixing my dodgy drum! God it worked a charm after the pit crew fixed it up.

Let's get as big, as colourful and as noisey for next week!

O'DWYER RULES!!!

dee13
24-08-09, 04:03 PM
Fantastic banner there GCT_07. After Mattys try I watched and waited to see if he would give you a thumbs up or any acknowledgement.:nope:

It is great that he took the time to come over and sign it after the game for you.

WOW... What a hot one. If you thought the weather was hot in your jerseys and jeans...Spare a thought for Turbo and I. By the time I got around to the Legion, I had drunk the 2 litres of water my camel pack holds. I tried to hang in there until the final whistle but I had to go in. You kinda know when enough is enough. Total fluid intake from 12:00 until the end of the game was 7 litres of water. Who needs Jenny Craig:laugh:

Fun hanging out with you guys again before the game. Its something I think will stay in my pre-game routine. I relly look forward to it now.

Hey yeah... Thanks to Richo the Touchie and the QLD Police Froce for putting up with me and being my props for the afternoon.:rolf: Notice the Police didn't turn around... They were scared... real scared.

GCT_07
24-08-09, 04:41 PM
Dee..... I would have been shocked if he had responded after the try...... Mini is the same..... its like they both walk on that field and can not see past the white lines. They are so focussed on the game that they hear whats around them but dont see past the field........ its actually amuzing.

Now I would have been shocked if he didnt come over after, but obviously he did.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/designright/TITANS/9d08157f.jpg

By the way...... love the police stunt.......highly amuzing. It wasnt till i finished laughing that I thought... D@mn.... I should have recorded that on my camera......... next time... give me the head up or something.....lol. Oh and any pics I take during the game I upload to the facebook legion fan site now. Just look for The Legion Gold Coast Titans Fan..... that should find it. I have a seperate photo album for Blade and Turbo.

Hey next week... if its hot..... I ll swap you......major weight loss.... yep.... sound s like a goer

dee13
24-08-09, 04:45 PM
Trust me... You don't wanna go in there. Poor old Blade is way overdue for a dry clean. There is a full season of sweat in there.:laugh:

PS. Any cops walk past me and the Legion on Saturday night, roll the camera.

DIEHARD
24-08-09, 05:46 PM
It was so hot. Dee you need to look after yourself mate. It's a tough tough job. But everyone loves the effort. You had thousands in the northstand in stitches with the police man gag.

It was good to have a Toyota Cup and NRL victory. Doesn't happen that often.

DIEHARD
24-08-09, 06:20 PM
Pic from The Legion from Gold Coast Bulletin

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/08/24/349995.jpg