PDA

View Full Version : Southern Legion Round 23: BUNNIES vs TITANS

DIEHARD
18-07-09, 07:11 PM
Southern Legion Round 23

BUNNIES vs TITANS

Friday 14 August 2009, ANZ Stadium, Sydney

The Titans are playing the South Sydney Rabbitohs on Friday, 14 August.

Details are as follows:

Venue: ANZ Stadium
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Southern Legion meeting point: General Admin tix in the away supporters bay - Section 103-1
Tix: $25 adults, $5 juniors, $15 pensioners/students
Link: http://www.ticketek.com.au

More info to come!

DIEHARD
18-07-09, 07:13 PM
I am all ready to head off to another away game. I hope to see our biggest Southern Legion crowd yet! It can be practise for the Finals.

For those who are headed down, make sure you sit with us. And book flights now while they are cheap.

See you there!

DIEHARD
19-07-09, 08:58 PM
Anyone interested? I'm going to make a weekend out of it and see a few games down there.

Unfortunately Syl will not be there because she is just coming back from overseas at that time. But I'm not a bad replacement right? :ugh:

DIEHARD
02-08-09, 02:19 PM
Not long now until another Sydney away trip!

I encourage anyone who could make it, to consider a trip south.

Should be a good one!

With Syl out of the country, DIEHARD and Matt are in charge. :salute: :laugh:

DIEHARD
10-08-09, 07:03 PM
Mel/Fampa will be joining us this Friday at ANZ Stadium!

Should be an awesome night! Go Titans!

DIEHARD
12-08-09, 08:26 PM
5.10pm - Gates Open
5.20pm - Toyota Cup - South Sydney Rabbitohs v Gold Coast Titans
7.35pm - NRL - South Sydney Rabbitohs v Gold Coast Titans

bobza
15-08-09, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know what time the guys get back in town? Would love to be at the airport to cheer them back home. they deserve it, they did a fantastic job last night.
GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dee13
15-08-09, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know what time the guys get back in town? Would love to be at the airport to cheer them back home. they deserve it, they did a fantastic job last night.
GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys, I have only just seen this post. The main group of players arrived back on the Coast today at 12:45pm. There were about 5 or so that took an earlier flight this morning. There was a small bunch of fans and autograph collectors on hand when the 12:45 flight touched down.

daveyk
16-08-09, 08:11 AM
Sorry guys, I have only just seen this post. The main group of players arrived back on the Coast today at 12:45pm. There were about 5 or so that took an earlier flight this morning. There was a small bunch of fans and autograph collectors on hand when the 12:45 flight touched down.

i wonder who that was.... :p
:laugh:

BringBackWillie
17-08-09, 12:57 PM
Congratulations guys on a wonderful turn out in Sydney! Great to hear the players came over too.

Well done on rustling up all the troops for the game. I've received a few emails from those wanting to join us in the future!

Bring on Manly down here!

DIEHARD
17-08-09, 01:21 PM
It was so much fun and such a massive turn out!

The passion was amazing. Confetti, face paint, banners, flags....

Great to see Squrrell and Amaline with us as well!

Without Syl there to be the school teacher, the inmates ran the asylum. :laugh: ;)

But me, Greg and Ant went out on a patrol rallying all the Titans fans we could find. And that really heled boost numbers.

Next time I think we have a blue clipboard with spaces to write names, emails and mobs. And people can help themselves, we can pass it around and collect details more easily.

I have a few emails to add to the list from last Friday. I'm sure Amaline and Squirell wouldn't mind getting emails as well on Southern Legion details.

Can't wait to have you back in Round 26!

bobza
17-08-09, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, but we did a bit of calculating and worked out that they would probably be on the 12.45 so we just went down.....
It was great to see them and got a couple more signatures on our jersey, only 2 to go. They did an awesome job with the Bunnies, roll on next Sunday.
Look forward to seeing you all then.
Bob and Kerry (met you last game Brad!)....

CanberraTitan
17-08-09, 05:54 PM
It was so much fun and such a massive turn out!

The passion was amazing. Confetti, face paint, banners, flags....

Great to see Squrrell and Amaline with us as well!

Without Syl there to be the school teacher, the inmates ran the asylum. :laugh: ;)

But me, Greg and Ant went out on a patrol rallying all the Titans fans we could find. And that really heled boost numbers.

Next time I think we have a blue clipboard with spaces to write names, emails and mobs. And people can help themselves, we can pass it around and collect details more easily.

I have a few emails to add to the list from last Friday. I'm sure Amaline and Squirell wouldn't mind getting emails as well on Southern Legion details.

Can't wait to have you back in Round 26!

I was one of those fans who joined you on Friday night. I am really glad i made the trip to sydney for the game, i had a blast yelling and screaming with everyone. I haven't been on here for quite some time but will make the effort to introduce myself next time. Was the guy in heritage jersey sitting at the front of the group.

I think i should make an hourable mention for the 4 hour sign and also the whistle police.

I am in the process of booking flights to be there for the first semi. I think i'll need a seat in the legion section.

Thanks again to all the titans supporters at the game on saturday night.

DIEHARD
17-08-09, 06:07 PM
I was one of those fans who joined you on Friday night. I am really glad i made the trip to sydney for the game, i had a blast yelling and screaming with everyone. I haven't been on here for quite some time but will make the effort to introduce myself next time. Was the guy in heritage jersey sitting at the front of the group.

I think i should make an hourable mention for the 4 hour sign and also the whistle police.

I am in the process of booking flights to be there for the first semi. I think i'll need a seat in the legion section.

Thanks again to all the titans supporters at the game on saturday night.

Oh awesome! I'm stoked you were there. It was one of those historic Titans games and nothing beats sharing the experience with other fans.

I was so impressed with the amount of Titans Heritage jerseys at the game on Friday! It was like a little slice of Skilled Park down south.

Any chance you will be able to make it to Brooky in Round 26?

If you want to be added to the Southern Legion mailing list that Syl/BringBackWillie organises, give her an email at titans.legion@gmail.com

Also we'd love you to come and join us in The Legion @ Skilled Park. That is what it is all about. Nothing beats having visitors from down south with us.

CanberraTitan
17-08-09, 06:27 PM
Any chance you will be able to make it to Brooky in Round 26?

Not sure yet. Negotiating with the wife on the semi final game up north tonight. Give it a week and then work on the brooky game.

Just looking at your pick. were you wearing the helmet? I am thinking you were doing the concerned rocking back and forward with me down the front in the last 20.

DIEHARD
17-08-09, 06:48 PM
Just looking at your pick. were you wearing the helmet? I am thinking you were doing the concerned rocking back and forward with me down the front in the last 20.

LOL! That WAS me! The old nervous rock back and forth has become a staple of 2009. Lots of close ones, thrillers and heartstoppers!

It's good to be around other Titans fans in situations like that, it makes me feel like I am not in it alone. And we are in it together!

The players coming over to celebrate and thank us for our support really topped off the night.

CanberraTitan
17-08-09, 06:59 PM
The players coming over to celebrate and thank us for our support really topped off the night.

Yeah i was very impressed by that. i guess it shows how much noise we made. I am not hardened like you goldcoasters, my voice is still a bit stratchy

daveyk
17-08-09, 07:36 PM
Yeah i was very impressed by that. i guess it shows how much noise we made. I am not hardened like you goldcoasters, my voice is still a bit stratchy

dont sweat it...we lose our voices every game and it takes me a good 3 days to fully regain it again...

and with the next 5 weeks or so in row at skilled park.... i can feel some great deal of pain coming on

DIEHARD
17-08-09, 07:40 PM

Oh mine is as well, my heart is in it but my voice always suffers in following days.

Here are some pics from the game...

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5812_139366948618_710583618_3268490_974500_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5812_139366953618_710583618_3268491_3226340_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5812_139366958618_710583618_3268492_8347994_n.jpg

DIEHARD
17-08-09, 07:42 PM
And some more...

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs156.snc1/5812_139366963618_710583618_3268493_3930745_n.jpg

Titans leave their calling card at ANZ Stadium!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs136.snc1/5812_139366968618_710583618_3268494_8044798_n.jpg

BringBackWillie
17-08-09, 11:15 PM
Bring on the confetti !!! Great to see evidence of George and the kids return too!