PDA

View Full Version : Legion Round 20: TITANS vs BRONCOS

DIEHARD
17-07-09, 10:34 AM
TITANS vs BRONCOS

Legion Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au LIMITED SEATS LEFT!

DIEHARD
17-07-09, 10:35 AM
There are limited seats left in The Legion area in Section 30 according to Ticketek. If you are coming to the game or need tickets for friends or family, NOW is the time to get them!

http://www.ticketek.com.au

Nathalie
17-07-09, 12:36 PM
Got mine last week. Woohoo! :banana:

DIEHARD
18-07-09, 06:27 PM
We need to be in top form, it's the derby! And time to defend our record of being undefeated against the Broncos when hosting the match. :thumbsup:

Paul
18-07-09, 06:46 PM
I vow to lose my voice screaming at Hodges by the 20 minute mark

DIEHARD
18-07-09, 07:37 PM

Me too, but I will be worshipping him. :thumbsup:

Lang Park during the Broncos game was so quiet, didn't even hear one chant.

We'll show them how it is done!

Nathalie
18-07-09, 08:22 PM
Are we still allowed to use the megaphone.. or is that still a no-go after Adam got told off that time? :laugh:

Paul
18-07-09, 08:32 PM

Then perhaps the bay behind the goals in the southern end is where you should be mate ;) :D

DIEHARD
18-07-09, 08:56 PM
Then perhaps the bay behind the goals in the southern end is where you should be mate ;) :D

*shiver*

OK maybe just 1min worth :laugh: . Can't help it, Im a proud Queenslander and not a bias Blue. Hodges played amazing on Friday as well.

But he is the enemy next Friday, no doubt about it. Winning derbies and defending the Fortress means everything to me.

DIEHARD
18-07-09, 08:59 PM
Are we still allowed to use the megaphone.. or is that still a no-go after Adam got told off that time? :laugh:

I'll talk to Adam about it, because we need it and the club has suggested we use it to help get the crowd chanting and to create atmosphere. But we can only have ONE megaphone, The Legion megaphone.

titanstattman
19-07-09, 05:06 AM

Mate i will be screaming at all too come over to the fance to put one on my chin... Oh am i going to give it too him........

Lang Park during the Broncos game was so quiet, didn't even hear one chant.

We'll show them how it is done!

Brad brad brad sumtimes i wonder why is ur number 1 team between the donkeys,titans,bunnies??????/LOL

As i said on friday night im going to giv it to that scum bag......

daveyk
19-07-09, 10:51 AM
i am also a proud qld'r but hodges is nothing but a filthy thug.... he will certainly be getting a spray from me also

titanstattman
19-07-09, 11:12 AM
Im also looking forward to be back on the drum i will be getting a mask aswell so three of us hav all got them....

GCT_07
19-07-09, 11:20 AM
Who heard the shorts on Talking Titans of the Parra Game...... You could hear those drum s up the other end loud and clear. It was AWESOME.

Fair enough there were a few times we were out a bit.... but d@mn..... for a first run with the 3 of them together......

I also think we sort a few of the chants out ....maybe during the under 20 s get them sorted...

Oh by they way on the way back form lang park on Friday night we had a bulldog singing a chant back at us... cant remember it right now but when I heard it I thought... I am so going to steal that......:laugh:

I ll let you know when I remember.....:D

titanstattman
19-07-09, 11:35 AM
Mel and I will be there at 4.30 nice and early....

Nathalie
19-07-09, 12:19 PM
I wish there was a bit more time between gates opening and kick-off for the U20's. Then again, it would stretch out the day even more, especially for Brisbanites. All good, we'll be there before gates open too.

And yell as much as you like at Hodges. Especially in front of my kid because knowing her, she'll see what you're doing and copy you!! Wonder how he'll feel getting yelled at by a two year old.. besides, he's on the other team. Who cares if he's a QLD Origin player or not :p

DIEHARD
19-07-09, 09:57 PM
Are the Smurfs painting up for the big game?

GCT_07
19-07-09, 09:59 PM
I think it being a friday night game might be an issue

DIEHARD
19-07-09, 10:06 PM
Legion match tickets are now sold out! :)

kwigibo
19-07-09, 10:27 PM
Legion match tickets are now sold out! :)

I know, I got the last one today for my brother.

titanstattman
24-07-09, 09:49 AM
Im just hoping i can make it and if i do it might be the 1st time with the singlet

Paul
25-07-09, 07:56 AM
lol @ Dee

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/IMG_0469-1.jpg

Nathalie
25-07-09, 09:25 AM
Hahaha yup when I saw him do that I lol'd..

By the way, I think Ariana likes Scott..

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/Nathalie_84/P1010952DesktopResolution.jpg

DIEHARD
25-07-09, 11:52 AM
Fantastic night in the Legion! I was so proud of us all. And well done Robyn the flags looked awesome, all spread out and everyone loved getting involved.

The new THE LEGION banner looks amazing and it is well placed because it doesn't obstruct anyone's view. Also I have only watched the first 30mins of the game, but I remember seeing the camera pan when there was a big kick and you coul actually see it as well.

Loved Nat's banner as well! Lot of effort there. I know I busted myself trying to get mine done and it still needs work. LOL I have bruises on my knees from kneeling down on the kitchen floor drawing, painting, cutting and taping.... But well worth it, it is half the fun of footy making these types of things.

Well we did manage to do a Titans Victory song! Even if not many people were singing. So marks to The Legion! While we had some awesome songs, we underestimated the need for people to know the words! So next week we'll learn em through the week and print out song sheets.

Drums sounded awesome! And the chants came through so well on the TV. I love it! It makes you feel like you want to be at the game and that is the goal.

Well done to all the new recruits! Welcome to The Legion!

Also we got to give credit to my friend Bradley the Bronco, he did make the trip down against the odds. And he did put up with the loss and all the Legion's ribbing in his stride. But next week he brings himself in a Titans Heritage jersey and 2 mates! Now that is the social,viral networking power of The Legion! Pyramid selling, rugby league style!

And to all the people out there wanting to get involved, please do, you are welcome to. Infact if you have that Titans spirit to get loud and proud, no matter where you sit, you already are LEGION. So come visit and join us. And in 2009, please become a LEGION MEMBER because we NEED you!

On the TV coverage, I only saw the first 30 mins, but they said things such as....

GEE IT'S A NOISEY CROWD TONIGHT

and

AND THE ATMOSPHERE.... IT'S RUGBY LEAGUE PARADISE!

Those sorts of comments must be worth many newspaper and TV ads. If Titans fans keep that up, we'll be getting bigger and bigger crowds and more and more members!

I was also delighted to see so many people in the south end from other sections getting involved and even starting chants. That is what it is all about!

Please post your Legion pictures in this thread, for us all to enjoy!

Well done Titans and Titans fans! What a fantastic night!

GCT_07
25-07-09, 12:48 PM
I have to say...... I LOVED the colour in section 30 last night..... I LOVED the noise.....I LOVED the atmosphere....... I wish I had gone down the other end and taken some photo s. The marketing dept of the Titans took quite a few so maybe they may let us borrow some????????

I really think we need to keep those drums together though...... in the second half it started sounding less than ordinary. I looked around and they had been spread out amongst the section and the chants were ........ well ordinary. The first half they were on fire..... but by the second half there was no unisen...... and different chants were happening at the same time. I m all for everyone getting in there and having a go at the drums.... but can we please please please can we keep them together and and talk about the chants with each other and then do it together....... they sound AMAIZING when we do that...... otherwise we would be better off going back to 1 drum because the noise we make (good or bad) echoes around the stadium.

Overall it was certainly one of the best nights. I had such a laugh at the end when 3 young girls (well maybe about 14) came and stood on the front row and were giggling and screaming......... they saw princey coming towards the section and screamed....I just couldnt help myself........ I screamed too.... saying.... OMG he s so cute.... then screamed again........ It was just so funny...... then they are madly texting friends while they are screaming while he is walking closer "Ohhhh Ohhhhh Scott is coming over.... OMG he is soooooo cute..........." I was to busy laughing to read the rest.

We also had a couple of young guys....... nup... not screaming.....lol.... but came up to us after when we were packing up the flags.... asking us if they could buy one off us. I just told them that it is the whole team and that they werent for sale. Then told him if he is here next week early enough he can pick which one he likes and use it and just give it back at the end of the game........he was stoked and then appologised for his language during the game..... my response to him... mate you probably didnt hear mine..... and off he went thrilled and hanging out for next week........

As for the game.... I think the first 60 they were on fire. The bottom 20..... well..... ummmmm (if you have nothing nice to say dont bother saying it)....... so I will stick to that. BUT I think thats a good thing that they were so ...ummm yeah..... cause hopefully the axe will get at them again this week and they will be ready for a full strength Cowboys who kicked us last time.

What a night........ Cant wait till next week.............. A whole season undefeated at home........ only a couple of games to go and we could claim that..............

I ll shut up now... see its the following morning and I m still on a high from it.:laugh:

Oh.... sorry... Natalie..... LOVED the banner was so funny when they showed it on the big screen....... yours as well Brad............... Awesome stuff both of you...... well done:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
25-07-09, 01:03 PM
Overall it was certainly one of the best nights. I had such a laugh at the end when 3 young girls (well maybe about 14) came and stood on the front row and were giggling and screaming......... they saw princey coming towards the section and screamed....I just couldnt help myself........ I screamed too.... saying.... OMG he s so cute.... then screamed again........ It was just so funny...... then they are madly texting friends while they are screaming while he is walking closer "Ohhhh Ohhhhh Scott is coming over.... OMG he is soooooo cute..........." I was to busy laughing to read the rest.

We also had a couple of young guys....... nup... not screaming.....lol.... but came up to us after when we were packing up the flags.... asking us if they could buy one off us. I just told them that it is the whole team and that they werent for sale. Then told him if he is here next week early enough he can pick which one he likes and use it and just give it back at the end of the game........he was stoked and then appologised for his language during the game..... my response to him... mate you probably didnt hear mine..... and off he went thrilled and hanging out for next week........

Wow that is what it is all about! I also got some firsthand enquiries and wraps for The Legion. We can really build on it next week.

I love hearing and seeing those stories unfold.

Oh.... sorry... Natalie..... LOVED the banner was so funny when they showed it on the big screen....... yours as well Brad............... Awesome stuff both of you...... well done:thumbsup:

Thanks! I will have to make something new for the Cowboys game.

One thing we need to do is to spread out the big flags a bit better, me and Kwigibo were next to each other and had 4 flags. But we had Steve and Mel to help us out.

Maybe Paul or someone up that area would be interested in a flag? I can give you the big one, easy to wave.

titanstattman
25-07-09, 01:38 PM
I really think we need to keep those drums together though...... in the second half it started sounding less than ordinary. I looked around and they had been spread out amongst the section and the chants were ........ well ordinary. The first half they were on fire..... but by the second half there was no unisen...... and different chants were happening at the same time. I m all for everyone getting in there and having a go at the drums.... but can we please please please can we keep them together and and talk about the chants with each other and then do it together....... they sound AMAIZING when we do that...... otherwise we would be better off going back to 1 drum because the noise we make (good or bad) echoes around the stadium.

:

I hear ya i got off the drum at half time (had sumthing to sort out) but we got them back in the middle.... Promise i'll stay on them next game...

dee13
25-07-09, 04:20 PM
lol @ Dee

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/IMG_0469-1.jpg

I had a great time haning out in the Legion before the game last night. Its amazing... after 3 years I found out last night that I could sit down and get back up again by myself. After I finished in the Legion I headed for the Northern Bar where the bartender was very surprised when I rolled up to the bar and asked for "One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer".

You guys looked really colourful last night. The nickname flags really added alot of extra volume and height to the Legion. Well done to the people responsible for making them.

To Nat, Im sorry for knocking over your banner last night. It was awesome. When I was sitting in section 31 with my wife, I spottesd it and was stoked that people were including Blade in their banners.

If there are anymore photos of Blade out there from last night please post them on this thread or PM them to me.

Cheers Dee

Nathalie
25-07-09, 05:00 PM
Here's one of you and Ariana, Blade. Although she calls you 'Batman' so we're working on that :laugh: and no probs with the banner, we got it back up so all good. Brad I know what you mean about making them, that's half the fun! And yeah when they showed it on the big screen I was stoked, lol..

Also a pic with Turbo and Mat.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/Nathalie_84/shaunarianablade.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/Nathalie_84/arianaturbo.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/Nathalie_84/matshaunariana.jpg

dean
25-07-09, 08:47 PM
The atmosphere created by the MIGHTY TITANS LEGION last night was once again absolutely brilliant. The amount of noise created by the drums and chants was nothing short of awesome and each and every one of you guys combined to create the best atmosphere at Skilled yet. The extra flags and amount of colour looked amazing and i just wanted to let the Legion know that each and every one of you should be very proud of the great effort put in so far in 09. Congratulations again guys and girls. As a result of your efforts i am sure The Mighty Titans Legion will continue to grow and will one day emerge as one of the NRL's biggest and best supporters group. Great Stuff !!! Keep it up.

GCT_07
25-07-09, 09:43 PM
Dean..... thanks for that...... could I ask a HUGE favour.......

Every week I think...... D@mn..... I should have gone and taken some photo s from somewhere else to see what it looks like.

If you are at the next game could you please take some and put them up here...... it would be great to see it.

Paul
26-07-09, 01:47 AM
Thanks Dean,much appreciated feedback

I encourage everyone to come down before/during or after the game and say hello,we're all very friendly and easy going despite sometimes reading some weird stuff on here from us hahahaha

DIEHARD
26-07-09, 08:58 AM
Thanks Dean your opinions and praise are the best kind. The Legion is for all Titans fans and to help the atmosphere at the games, so we really love the feedback. We were gonna get our songs going but hardly anyone knew the words, so we promise to use them loud and proud next week.

Only 3 home games left!

Steve
26-07-09, 09:23 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5854_132494001390_709306390_3526675_1116528_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5854_132494021390_709306390_3526676_8191923_n.jpg

Before the ground filled up, during the under 20s.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5854_132494046390_709306390_3526677_7838965_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs137.snc1/5854_132494101390_709306390_3526679_4720755_n.jpg

Steve
26-07-09, 09:25 PM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5854_132494111390_709306390_3526680_5445038_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs157.snc1/5854_132494126390_709306390_3526681_3683586_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs137.snc1/5854_132494246390_709306390_3526698_3945142_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs137.snc1/5854_132494361390_709306390_3526720_4458260_n.jpg