PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 Ashes series thread

Steelers
09-07-09, 03:09 AM
Can't believe one of these hasn't been started yet. The first Ashes test has started, and England are looking the goods. England are currently 6/327 with 3 overs left on day 1.

After the toss I felt that England could rack up 400 and make a game of it, and they are on track. The Aussies are going to struggle batting late in this match against the poms 2 spinners. Loving the Test cricket after all the carnival T20's.

Adelaide Titan
09-07-09, 11:41 AM
Australia started very well but have let England get a decent score and to be honest, the Aussies are gonna need a solid performance at the crease to have a chance of winning especially after how we saw how easily they can collapse like they did against RSA a few times.

It would be great to retain the Ashes but i'm a bit over cricket now, maybe it is about time Australia had a challenge!

Dummy Half
10-07-09, 09:29 AM
England made 435
Australia 1/249 at stumps on day 2
Ponting 100*
Katich 104*

COME ON AUSTRALIA!!!!:D

GOATUS
10-07-09, 11:25 AM
Stuart Macgill is ****ting me with his **** commentating

Adelaide Titan
10-07-09, 04:09 PM
Good work by Ponting and Katich, in a strong position after day 2. Lets see if they can go for a double century each!

Adelaide Titan
11-07-09, 12:32 AM
Australia are in the lead now with 6 wickets in hand :)

Ponting got out for 150 and Katich for 122.

Clarke is 67 n.o and North is on 48 n.o

Anderson has a couple wickets for England

453/4 on day 3, session 2

Steelers
11-07-09, 12:45 AM
This pitch was meant to be a bowlers paradise... seems to me to just be a slow dead pitch that isn't doing anything. The English spinners aren't hitting the rough enough either. Australia should rack up 600+ and put England under pressure to save a draw.

Steelers
11-07-09, 12:49 AM
Stuart Macgill is ****ting me with his **** commentating

I don't know how to explain it, but he makes it painfully obvious that he is reading from a script. It sounds like a bunch of speeches by grade 4 students. Surely they could have got someone better and had MacGill as one of the extra panel like Martyn and Matthews. The 2005 pairing of Simon Hill and Greg Matthews/Dean Jones was so much better.

Adelaide Titan
11-07-09, 12:56 AM
Aussies should go for a 200 run lead and then bowl the poms out and win the game otherwise this games heading for a timewasting draw!

Adelaide Titan
11-07-09, 02:02 AM
looks like day 3 has been rained out

Adelaide Titan
12-07-09, 12:09 AM
Australia finally declared with a lead of 239 and North and Haddin both got centuries making it 4 in total! Lets ee if we can bowl the Poms out and win by and Innings :)

Steelers
13-07-09, 10:26 AM
England have fought it out to earn themselves a draw. Ponting should of declared alot earlier than he did. Hauritz... well he is recieving praise from everyone, but on that pitch in that situation, he should have taken at least 5 wickets. Most of his wickets were due to the batsmen getting themselves out. The seamers did what they could on a dead pitch. Collingwood batted for 250-odd balls for only 70-odd, very gutsy performance. So it is 0-0 after Game 1. Something tells me that England will come back firing. One of their spinners will be dropped for Harmison, that is the only change I see happening.

Adelaide Titan
13-07-09, 03:04 PM
i stayed up just to watch a bloody draw! Collingwood was the saviour for England. I dont know what Ponting's tactics were with the bowling towards the end but it stuffed us up. Lets hope they can win the 2nd test at Lords

Steelers
24-08-09, 03:31 AM
England have done it again. They have won back the Ashes 2-1.

Adelaide Titan
24-08-09, 01:13 PM
Terrible 1st innings by Australia cost the the match and the series. The end of an era has happened for the baggy greens and it wont be easy to be the best again. We've lost some greats over the last few years...Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Gilchrist, Warne, Mcgrath, Symonds. Ponting and Lee arent too far behind either. :(

Sadi21
22-12-10, 05:30 PM
My money on England winning the series is looking very good right at this stage.

Boofhead
23-12-10, 01:54 PM
Why do you say that?