PDA

View Full Version : Bull offers to return early for Origin

karnage
03-07-09, 10:26 PM
This story is on NRL.com:

Injured Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey says he is willing to earn the wrath of Titans management by putting his hand up for Origin III in a bid to stop the revolving door of NSW frontrowers.

Despite breaking his arm just three weeks ago, Bailey said he would answer the call from Blues selectors already reeling from a fourth-straight series defeat and the loss of game two prop Michael Weyman to injury.

NSW will name their side for game three on Monday night, which is a week before Bailey's anticipated return for the Titans and ten days out from the Origin series finale.

"I don't think the club would be stoked about it, but if I'm available I'd throw my hand up," Bailey said of Blues selection.

"I've got to get through the week of training first - it's hard to say ... I'm hoping for a pretty quick recovery the next couple of days.

"It's only three weeks on Monday since I fractured it ... it's still a bit tender - the small crack was right on the screw holes of the other fracture where the plate was.

"It was quite painful but it was still only a small fracture so hopefully it's almost healed.

"If it comes through (training) and the scans are all good on Friday - there's no reason why I shouldn't be available especially when they're down on troops."

Bailey's offer is a sign of just how bare NSW's front row stocks are heading up to Suncorp Stadium, which was also evidenced by the fact they took only three props into the crucial second game in Sydney.

I have a bed feeling that both Bull and Harro are set to make their returns from injury in game III. Hopefully the selectors see sense and don't pick any player - from any club - who is not 100% fit to play Origin.

Coaster
04-07-09, 10:45 AM
We have gone nearly 3 years without Bailey now, why would he think he would feel the Titans wraith because of this?

The guy is nothing short of a walking compo payment, he was at STG, and he is again at the Titans. Im sick of sugar coating the amount of injuries this guy gets, he is the captain of this football team, and he needs to stand up and be counted or p*ss off to England so we can free up the massive amount of coin this bloke is on for guys like Vave.

I am not doubting his talent when he does play, he is a great front rower, but FFD he whinges about injuries more then my 12 year old daughter, play though it ya f*cking sook!

Paul
04-07-09, 10:00 PM
"If it comes through (training) and the scans are all good on Friday - there's no reason why I shouldn't be available especially when they're down on troops."

Thats the line that bothers me the most.For the past month the titans team have been "down on troops" and luckily our makeshift teams have coped with it better this season but it's still far from what we'd want seeing as this is our first REAL shot at a top 4 spot.

That should be more important than a stupid dead rubber that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

remember who pays your wages Bull before you publicly disrespect them

shamus
05-07-09, 12:02 AM
We have gone nearly 3 years without Bailey now, why would he think he would feel the Titans wraith because of this?

The guy is nothing short of a walking compo payment, he was at STG, and he is again at the Titans. Im sick of sugar coating the amount of injuries this guy gets, he is the captain of this football team, and he needs to stand up and be counted or p*ss off to England so we can free up the massive amount of coin this bloke is on for guys like Vave.

I am not doubting his talent when he does play, he is a great front rower, but FFD he whinges about injuries more then my 12 year old daughter, play though it ya f*cking sook!

So no complaints for the first two years but now that we can appear to hold our own without him the knives come out............Yeah. tall poppy syndrome at its best...........and I still don't know how to 'double up' quotes so I will ask how did Bull 'publicly disrespect' someone. You guys give me the s h i t s the way you jump onto someone or something. This guy has given his best for 2.5 years at the Titans and he makes a comment about wanting to play SSO game 3 and he gets bagged.....FMD... :mad:

Adelaide Titan
05-07-09, 01:25 AM
If he wants to play he should be allowed to but we dont want him getting injured again

Paul
05-07-09, 08:17 AM
so I will ask how did Bull 'publicly disrespect' someone.

"I don't think the club would be stoked about it, but if I'm available I'd throw my hand up," Bailey said of Blues selection.

If that quote is true then it shows where his thoughts are and I find that disrespectful,it's basically saying "**** the club,I'll do what I want to do" & thats what I don't like. First and foremost thoughts should be the Titans second half of the season/finals spot/GF win etc which they probably are already but it was a bad choice of words.

I love Bailey and he's one of our most needed players on and off the field but WE need him in the next few months,we can't afford to lose him again like we have done so many times before at crucial stages.

Coaster
05-07-09, 08:33 AM
So no complaints for the first two years but now that we can appear to hold our own without him the knives come out.

This is not the first time i have bought this up, we are lucky to get 16 games out of Bull a season, the first 2 years you put it down to luck, now its becoming a liability.
The guy is the backbone of the side, he is Co-Captain, and is soaking alot of the salary cap, and he is injury prone. Has he ever finished a season either here or at STG?
2009 Arm
2009 Calf
2008 Ankle
2007 pectorial
just off the top of my head

I want him to play, thats why we are paying him so much, have the same passion about the Titans as he does about his rep football.

Do you think guys like Petro, Price, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith are injury free? Of course they are not, great players carry injuries they do not succumb to them, thats why they are great leaders.

This guy has given his best for 2.5 years at the Titans and he makes a comment about wanting to play SSO game 3 and he gets bagged.....FMD... :mad:

I hope he does play SOO, he is the best front rower in NSW, and deserves to be there, but he should also have the same desire to play for the team paying his wages, and with a realistic chance of winning the premiership if we could get what we paid for on the field.