PDA

View Full Version : Legion Shirts

DIEHARD
01-07-09, 12:01 PM
Hi Legionnaires!

Since the start of The Legion we have always wanted to get some sort of official shirt for The Legion. As a special collectible, something to add more colour and unity, to help us stand out and also to attract some newbies.

I know Doug and Rhys are eager for this.

But it also has to go through the club and their creative processes. It might take a little longer to eventuate but I think the end product would be cheaper and better quality etc. But nothing stops a good idea.

I have just had a chat about it to the club and they like the idea and we can probably get moving on design soon.

But my question for you mainly is, would you be cool to pay maybe $20.00 for a Legion shirt? It's unlikely that we will include it in the member merchandise because we want to keep the price down.

Also I think this is something we can really promote and use it to hook in newbies.

GCT_89
01-07-09, 12:07 PM
im willing definatley.................
or even chuck the $20 on top of the membership price, because if you are a LEGION member you SHOULD be wearing this shirt so that everyone is unified as one.......

ive just got back from Origin II where i sat with the blatchy blues......everyone has the same shirt and wig and it looked Bloody awesome, in real life and on the screen also.....

imagine all of us wearing the same colour, we'd stand out SOOOOOO much more than we already do.............

but i do understand that any adding to the membership price might deter some people, but i woulkd prefer that every member gets one of these shirts.......

DIEHARD
01-07-09, 12:12 PM
Yea it would look brilliant, many Titans fans in Section 30/The Legion don't wear enough Titans colours. And it will help everyone who doesn't have a jersey.

That said, I'd probably still wear my Titans jersey, I mean it is the club jersey, the most sacred of items. I'd probably wear both. :thumbsup:

But iti just comes down to personal preference and the important thing is getting giant blocks of colour and to promote the mighty Legion. Plus I would feel damn proud to wear it out and about and on away trips. :)

titanstattman
01-07-09, 12:14 PM
Yes yes yes yes i am willing.......

But they will have to atleast make one in a singlet

daveyk
01-07-09, 02:11 PM
of course i am willing... $20 really isnt that much

hope the club can come up with something soon

Coaster
01-07-09, 03:43 PM
I have no problem at all with it, great idea, i love how the sharks supporters have there retro style, stands them out.

DIEHARD
01-07-09, 03:51 PM
I have no problem at all with it, great idea, i love how the sharks supporters have there retro style, stands them out.

Looking good from this end. I love the CSSC shirts, it's a great thing for them, really encourages people to join and for people to recognise them. They look great on tele, heaps that they sit about the 20m line, but they also travel. They also choose an old school Sharkies design, which is very popular.

Paul
01-07-09, 06:23 PM
$20 is a great price and I can't see anybody complaining.It'll look amazing all dressed as one although just something to throw out there,the majority of our games are at night during winter so warm material might be better if its available

Everyone will just need to buy one less beer at the ground to afford one :D

GCT_89
01-07-09, 07:18 PM
most well still wear their usual jerseys underneath....or jumpers......UNDERNEATH!....hint hint.......lol

DIEHARD
01-07-09, 07:22 PM
Love the passion for The Legion! Brings a tear to the eye!

curly_11
02-07-09, 08:46 AM
Im a bit sceptical on this. Great idea and not too worried about the cost. More worried about the quality. The legion is a special place and i dont want to ruin it with cheap $20 shirts. Im not against the movement but just cautious on as to what they are going to look like.

If we got some samples/designs we could vote and suggest on that would be great. WE WANT TO STAND OUT FOR THE RIGHT REASONS NOT BEING THOSE CRAZY CHEAP BOGANS AT THE END OF THE FIELD!

DIEHARD
02-07-09, 02:25 PM
If we got some samples/designs we could vote and suggest on that would be great. WE WANT TO STAND OUT FOR THE RIGHT REASONS NOT BEING THOSE CRAZY CHEAP BOGANS AT THE END OF THE FIELD!

I totally agree, I would expect we can get some designs to select from. Don't let the price I threw in there throw you. It was just a figure and I'm the quality will be good. Like you said we don't want to look like a poor rent a crowd, we want to be premiun supporters.

Coaster
02-07-09, 04:08 PM
We would need to look at yellow IMO, as its team colors but not primary so would stand out, much like last years training shirts.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/coasterphotos15/trainingshirt.jpg

titanstattman
02-07-09, 06:30 PM
As Brad knows the start of 08 i called for shirts and in that iv all ways said it should be the "titans" yellow and the logo or writing wat ever it maybe in "titans" blue....

as i put in my BBQ thread us legion memebrs should try come up with sum designs aswell..... this sunday will be a good chance to check ur ideas around............:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
02-07-09, 06:39 PM
Legion shirts has always been part of The Legion plan since day one, so I am looking forward to seeing it happen but it was just a matter of one thing at a time. But now we are in a position to do these things and have some fun with it.

Design suggestions are welcomed by all, so we can try and make a shirt that everyone loves, but it is also unique and meaningful. To set the tongues wagging and people want to join us. I have several ideas myself, but I will wait until I can talk with the Titans creative and marketing departments.

Paul
02-07-09, 08:30 PM
Legion shirts has always been part of The Legion plan since day one, so I am looking forward to seeing it happen but it was just a matter of one thing at a time. But now we are in a position to do these things and have some fun with it.

Design suggestions are welcomed by all, so we can try and make a shirt that everyone loves, but it is also unique and meaningful. To set the tongues wagging and people want to join us. I have several ideas myself, but I will wait until I can talk with the Titans creative and marketing departments.

I'd like to see something similar to the back of your jersey Brad. a Big 30 in the middle and "the legion" written across the top/bottom & a small logo across the tit on the front

Hopefully sooner rather than later we can look at getting jerseys made up like the cronulla fans

titanstattman
02-07-09, 08:30 PM
have to make one in a singlet i'll pay extra cant even think me going to the footy in anything else

Im even happy to get work to spons that way the club dont have to pay for them... a little logo sumwhere...

Just a thought

timor 2
02-07-09, 09:00 PM
yeah count me in $20 is cheap for a supporters shirt.great idea.

Cheers Sean

patskE
02-07-09, 09:35 PM
make a supporter jersey like that sharks group.

titanstattman
02-07-09, 09:39 PM
make a supporter jersey like that sharks group.

Nah we want to be diffent

DIEHARD
03-07-09, 03:39 AM
I'd like to see something similar to the back of your jersey Brad. a Big 30 in the middle and "the legion" written across the top/bottom & a small logo across the tit on the front

Hopefully sooner rather than later we can look at getting jerseys made up like the cronulla fans

Thanks Paul, it was always my dream for years to have a special bay number to cherish. I love having LEGION and 30 on my jersey, it really is heading towards the idea of having it for everyone. The Chookpen has Bay 35 at the SFS for example.

As far as design ideas I'd love it to have a bit of a legionnaire theme, ie armour and maybe a monogram shield and 2 crossed swords with the bay number on it. So it looks like they are swords on the back, think of an inverted Titans logo swordswise.

All just ideas though, a long way from being baked.

GCT_91
11-07-09, 11:15 AM
this is great. like doug said, we could get a little logo put on the shirts so they dont cost the club much. then maybe they could be included in the membership pack so ALL members of the legion will have a shirt to wear and maybe have them sold somewhere else for those who cant afford a membership.

id love to see the whole of section 30 wearing these shirts. It would look amazing.

GCT_91
11-07-09, 01:15 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6653/005iri.jpg

i got bored so i drew a little something.

probably should have section 30 on the back but i thought about that AFTER i drew it on the front.

and maybe the legion logo instead of the writing.

titanstattman
12-07-09, 03:35 PM
this is great. like doug said, we could get a little logo put on the shirts so they dont cost the club much. then maybe they could be included in the membership pack so ALL members of the legion will have a shirt to wear and maybe have them sold somewhere else for those who cant afford a membership.

id love to see the whole of section 30 wearing these shirts. It would look amazing.

Iv allready spoke to the boss... And he is very keen for the idea and we can also get very good shirts aswell very cheap....

Now just gotta get the idea to the club... but hey.....

DIEHARD
12-07-09, 06:36 PM
Iv allready spoke to the boss... And he is very keen for the idea and we can also get very good shirts aswell very cheap....

I don't follow this because I said before I've spoken to the club the other week and got support and I will be pushing this through over the coming weeks.

Dragons
12-07-09, 06:50 PM

Is this going to be like the golf day also. wont happen.