PDA

View Full Version : The Legion Needs Advertising

titanstattman
28-06-09, 11:29 PM
As were many of us booing wen the adds came up on the big screen maybe it wouldnt be so bad if it was a Legion ad or sumthing about the club itself........

We all sit back and hope that we can get the 200 and more but IMO i think its going to be hard wen The Legion gets no air time anywhere at all....

1. Nothing thru u/20's or man game about joing the surrporter group...
2. Nothing at Titans shop...
3. Nothing on radio wen a home game ad comes on....
4. Nothing in the local paper in all the Titans ads....

I really think they need to push this even 10 times thru the season atleast that is a start.....

Thoughts anyone???

Adelaide Titan
29-06-09, 01:57 AM
Well im a long way away but with the Soccer (completely understand its a diff sport and all but...) what Adelaide United's cheersquad did was give out free shirts with the logo of the group printed on the back and Adel Utd logo or something on the front. (they werent expensive tops but it helped bring people in) and they also gave out free weekly booklets on news on the "Gate" and small things such as clappers and whistles. Even free tix to a pre season match.

Maybe the Legion could do this and have members of the Legion give shirts out around the stadium and entrances to help promote it.

Anyway, thats just a suggestion. It would be great to see a whole stand of mad Titans fans :)

Paul
29-06-09, 07:29 AM
I'm against any kind of advertising during the game.It got to a point where it was ridiculous the other night playing ads on the big screen with sound while the game is going & it happened so often you could hear the crowd continually groaning :nope: :nope: :nope:

I understand if the club aren't allowed to show contentious replays but don't replace it with a live version of a crappy channel nine telecast rushing off to an ad break as soon as the ball is out of play

Steve
29-06-09, 08:05 AM
I figure they advertise it about as much as any other membership type. Not at all once the season starts.

Scott Prince mentioning us in his weekly newspaper article would help get the word out, although you can bet it caused plenty of sour grapes too.

Last time I watched Titans TV (pre bigpond) they would mention the Legion fairly regularly. Every week there seems to be new faces, so I think it's building slowly but surely.

Adelaide Titan
29-06-09, 12:09 PM
As long as yous dont get people who come for a game and dont come back, then things are looking good

Steve
29-06-09, 12:14 PM
As long as yous dont get people who come for a game and dont come back, then things are looking good

To be honest, it's not going to be for everyone, and i've no problem with people trying it out. We've definitely got a few more regulars than we did last year, but anyone with season tickets is pretty much stuck where they are until next year.

titanstattman
29-06-09, 05:20 PM
Well im a long way away but with the Soccer (completely understand its a diff sport and all but...) what Adelaide United's cheersquad did was give out free shirts with the logo of the group printed on the back and Adel Utd logo or something on the front. (they werent expensive tops but it helped bring people in) and they also gave out free weekly booklets on news on the "Gate" and small things such as clappers and whistles. Even free tix to a pre season match.

Maybe the Legion could do this and have members of the Legion give shirts out around the stadium and entrances to help promote it.

Anyway, thats just a suggestion. It would be great to see a whole stand of mad Titans fans :)

Yeah iv beening saying this snice the start of last yeah even b4 i joined the legion and im still waiting..... i think if we had the titans yellow as shirts with the legion on it in our blue that would work really well......

GCT_07
29-06-09, 05:40 PM
Regardless of whether we like it or not advertising is a part of football. It is there to generate income for the club. Chill s main advertisment is in the form of those balls at half time..... ABC is in the form of the clothing but also the ABC song and banners for 2k each game.......By doing to advertising the club is able to weather the current financial times a bit better as well as do things like reduce the price of Legion tickets.

So yes its a pain wanting to watch a replay and having a shopping center pushed instead but it is what it is and we need to keep in mind that those places that are advertising are financially assisting our club at a time where a lot of clubs are finding it difficult because they dont get the same assistance from advertisers...... so while I dont like the distraction from the game I m grateful they are there and are supporting our team

titanstattman
29-06-09, 06:25 PM
Yeah it doesnt really bother me wen they came up its just more to do with our surrport group getting out there they want 200 plus numbers but wat are they doing to help it.....

Paul
29-06-09, 06:42 PM
Regardless of whether we like it or not advertising is a part of football. It is there to generate income for the club. Chill s main advertisment is in the form of those balls at half time..... ABC is in the form of the clothing but also the ABC song and banners for 2k each game.......By doing to advertising the club is able to weather the current financial times a bit better as well as do things like reduce the price of Legion tickets.

So yes its a pain wanting to watch a replay and having a shopping center pushed instead but it is what it is and we need to keep in mind that those places that are advertising are financially assisting our club at a time where a lot of clubs are finding it difficult because they dont get the same assistance from advertisers...... so while I dont like the distraction from the game I m grateful they are there and are supporting our team

I'm quite happy for them to advertise.I just think it shouldn't be during the 80 minutes,especially with sound (not just pics on the screens). The game should be sacred,the rest of the time they can do whatever they want.

Coaster
29-06-09, 06:44 PM
Adverts bug me to tears, i wrote this to Titans Tv today.

Hi Guys,
Could someone please explain to us fans why the need for constant commercials on the big screens during games.

It is near impossible to see what's happening at the other end of the field, and us fans at the ground rely on those replays to stay in touch with the game, but of late every time there is a break in play, commercials fill the Screen leaving us fans asking each other what had happened.

Im starting to notice less and less hard core Titans fans at the games, and i think this may contribute, as it is easier to watch the game on TV.

Thanks
Coaster

kwigibo
29-06-09, 07:49 PM
They could have sponsored replays, "this replay brought to you by ABC Brick Sales" etc. Isn't that a fine compromise? Instead of a dehumanising **** you to fans, like all they see is 20,000 pair of pants wrapped around wallets.

kwigibo
29-06-09, 08:30 PM
Here's a prototype shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com.au/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=%20395611150

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/front.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/back.jpg

titanstattman
29-06-09, 08:39 PM
I would'nt mind the shirt to be the yellow and the logo and writing on the blue IMO we need sumthing that still shows wat team we are but stands out in the crowd..

Any thoughts....

titanstattman
29-06-09, 08:41 PM
Adverts bug me to tears, i wrote this to Titans Tv today.

Have u also notice befor the game they show alot of ads for the club.....

I am with MA about the money thing every club does need it but as paul said they do it another time not in the 80mins

kwigibo
29-06-09, 09:46 PM
I would'nt mind the shirt to be the yellow and the logo and writing on the blue IMO we need sumthing that still shows wat team we are but stands out in the crowd..

Any thoughts....

it can be yellow

http://www.cafepress.com.au/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=%20395615315

titanstattman
29-06-09, 09:49 PM
it can be yellow

http://www.cafepress.com.au/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=%20395615315

I dont mind it but the logo and writing has to be the same blue as the team and same as the yellow....

kwigibo
29-06-09, 10:22 PM
I dont mind it but the logo and writing has to be the same blue as the team and same as the yellow....

That is what the same blue will look like. That's a genuine logo and the writing I colour matched from the logo. Unless you want to spend $50+ a shirt for custom glossy printing, I don't know what to tell you. I mocked this up in 10 minutes, with a bit of fine tuning it'll look good enough. Trying to get the fabric colour matched is a fool's errand, will cost too much, and regular printing won't show up the right colour on a gold/orange shirt, that's why the yellow is light.

The titans blue fades as it goes down the fabric anyway, there's infinite shades of blue in there, without professional software I can't replicate it's look, I can only do a single shade.

Unless someone wants to put out for a genuine professional job and be on the hook for dozens of shirts that may not turn out any better, and have to clear trademark issues and the like, I think this is a pretty good option for $25.

titanstattman
29-06-09, 10:27 PM
That is what the same blue will look like. That's a genuine logo and the writing I colour matched from the logo. Unless you want to spend $50+ a shirt for custom glossy printing, I don't know what to tell you. I mocked this up in 10 minutes, with a bit of fine tuning it'll look good enough. Trying to get the fabric colour matched is a fool's errand, will cost too much, and regular printing won't show up the right colour on a gold/orange shirt, that's why the yellow is light.

The titans blue fades as it goes down the fabric anyway, there's infinite shades of blue in there, without professional software I can't replicate it's look, I can only do a single shade.

Unless someone wants to put out for a genuine professional job and be on the hook for dozens of shirts that may not turn out any better, and have to clear trademark issues and the like, I think this is a pretty good option for $25.

Yeah wat ever we do anyway will have to be run past the club anyway im in talks with brad to get sumthing sorted starting this week so but will take this one as one aswell...... the printing side of things i got coved

goldcoastitans
29-06-09, 11:09 PM
k while i am reading all this anger about the ads during the game which really really peeved me off, we cant ask them to get rid of them unless we all going to pay in the thousands of dollars that the club gets from that advertising and to be honest even if we dont like it and they do do it between breaks in play ...but yeh i agree with Paul ...no sound..

And while we having a spit at ads one thing that got me angry much more then the ads was the damn music playing through play!!!! That damn DJ music needs to stop till half time or before and after games...On set of 6 the music went on so long i counted 3 tackles AND WE HAD THE BALL!!! that must have been hard on the players trying to call for a ball over the crowd AND MUSIC!!!! that really pi$$ed me off BIG TIME!

ok im dont with my tantrum!

Adelaide Titan
29-06-09, 11:23 PM
ads during a game is bloody pathetic! i can understand during half time or before the game but during is stupid and u mite as well watch it at home on TV ad free with camera angles everywhere!

Do they have interactive TV with fans where they interview them before the game and show it at half time or go around during the break and talk to some fans? At AAMI and Hindmarsh they do this and i think it works well.

GCT_07
29-06-09, 11:30 PM
If you have a look at the main titans home page and the Titans Tv..... you will see what they do on game day...... might make you feel more a part of it
:thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
29-06-09, 11:30 PM
ads during a game is bloody pathetic! i can understand during half time or before the game but during is stupid and u mite as well watch it at home on TV ad free with camera angles everywhere!

Do they have interactive TV with fans where they interview them before the game and show it at half time or go around during the break and talk to some fans? At AAMI and Hindmarsh they do this and i think it works well.

yeh its annoying watching the ads during the game ...i think ones with no volume ok but again we not paying the thousands of dollars so we have no say. And for the breaks yeh they do get involved with the crowd they have zorbing at half time, comp draws and a girl by the name of Nikki always tries to get the crowd fired up ..and normally gets the legion boys and girls to help her out :thumbsup:

Adelaide Titan
29-06-09, 11:39 PM
aah thats alright then, crowd interaction is good. Ads that pop up after a try or whatever are okay, like at the AFL they put one up but not an ad that is noisy, just for the fans to see between replays.

I shall check out Titans TV mate, cheers :)

titanstattman
30-06-09, 09:59 AM
Ok lets move on from that..........

The thing im asking for is ads for THE LEGION thats want i would love to see...
But we have nothing......

Coaster
02-07-09, 04:53 PM
Just had a reply about the adverts if anyone is interested.

Dear Coaster,

Thank you for your feedback regarding advertising on the big screen
during Titans games.

We are currently reviewing our big screen advertising protocols and
agree that there are a significant number of ads being run during the
game. We understand that replays are an important aspect of the game and
contribute to the intensity of stadium atmosphere and our production
team are endeavoring not to interrupt replays without compromising our
sponsor commitments. Whist adverts during the game wont disappear we
will be working hard on the placement of these commercials, steering
away from replay spots throughout the game.

Again, thank you for your feedback on our game day entertainment and
should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact
myself.

daveyk
02-07-09, 05:32 PM
why not whist playing the replay.. they put up the sponsor's add up in the top corner... that way we get to see the replays and are able to re-act to it.... it could change the outcome of the game... and the club still is able to show the sponsors at the same time

Paul
02-07-09, 06:01 PM
I feel like we're living in America, Where product placement,advertisements,prett fireworks,dancing cheerleaders,dj's and before/halftime and post game entertainment take centre stage and the game is just an annoying something that happens to take place in between.

Obviously we want to entice as many sponsors to help our club along but I don't and will probably never understand why we can't have 80 mins of gametime without feeling like you're sitting in front of the tele. Being annoyed by these ads when I'm trying to see what happened in the game not only makes me feel annoyed,It will also subconsciously make me remember not to support the product that got me annoyed in the first place. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way,I'm not sure if many others will admit it but it's a problem that needs to be sorted.

Do all the advertising/emtertainment you want at any other time but we all pay to see a rugby league game,thats why we're there.

GCT_91
11-07-09, 02:52 PM
the ads should be played and i have nothing against the ads because there helping our club. but when the ads cover the whole big screen during replays it bugs me. all they need is a strip above the top or bottom of the screen that has the promo in there. im sure they could still get there money without annoying the **** out of fns that have come to watch the game and not ads. i dont know about every1 else but whenever those ads come on i look away coz watching them bugs be even more.

also just during the normal game (not during the replays) they could even have like just words going across the bottom saying something to advertise the legion. nice and easy and it lets people know about us.

Paul
13-07-09, 10:35 PM
Much better tonight

Replays were played then an ad was shown or they had a running ad at the very bottom of the screen while the game was still broadcast

everybody wins

GCT_89
13-07-09, 11:14 PM
Much better tonight

Replays were played then an ad was shown or they had a running ad at the very bottom of the screen while the game was still broadcast

everybody wins

as well as a cross to THE LEGION promoting it........good stuff......

DIEHARD
14-07-09, 12:21 AM
Yea Im so happy with the replay/ad situation, I'm proud of the club for reacting to everyone's criticism so fast and handling it so well.

And the Legion cross was awesome and a lot of fun. It's like a regular fixture. Good to help raise our profile!