View Full Version : Legion Round 16: TITANS vs WARRIORS

DIEHARD
23-06-09, 11:48 AM
TITANS vs WARRIORS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titansvswarriors2.jpg

Legion Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au

DIEHARD
23-06-09, 11:51 AM
I thought I had better post up a Legion thread for the Warriors game.

Just a few days left and it's on.

I'm glad it is 5:30pm Saturday. It's my favourite time slot.

Should be a big turn out for The Legion as well. Grab your tickets asap!

We could also use some special chants.

dee13
23-06-09, 12:07 PM
Beside the SFS game, this is almost a home game for the Warriors. All their reletives will be there.:laugh:

DIEHARD
23-06-09, 12:41 PM
Beside the SFS game, this is almost a home game for the Warriors. All their reletives will be there.:laugh:

True, I remember the last few games featuring the Warriors on the Coast.

Hopefully the Titans smash them on the field, so we don't have to hear that....

KKKKIIIIIIWWWWWIIIIII chant. :ugh:

dee13
23-06-09, 12:45 PM
True, I remember the last few games featuring the Warriors on the Coast.

Hopefully the Titans smash them on the field, so we don't have to hear that....

KKKKIIIIIIWWWWWIIIIII chant. :ugh:

You can't go getting too cheaky with the Warriors crowd because you bet your bottom dollar they know someone bigger than you and its usually their Cuz or Uncle.:ugh:

DIEHARD
24-06-09, 08:35 AM
You can't go getting too cheaky with the Warriors crowd because you bet your bottom dollar they know someone bigger than you and its usually their Cuz or Uncle.:ugh:

OL tell me about it. But I have to say Warriors fans rule. They are awesome and friendly rugby league loving people. Rugby league has strong historical roots in New Zealand with Pacific Islanders and Maoris.

I remember last year being on the train, there was heaps of them. But I had a great time talking league with them. Also had a good time at the World Cup Semi with many of then, even though I was wearing an England jerse!

But I have a great idea for a song. It's about the Titans and Legion, not anti Warriors. I half came up with it the other week at the Roosters vs Gold Coast game. Just working on the other half now.

This will translate well to people hearing us at a distance.

BringBackWillie
25-06-09, 08:58 PM
Hey guys

There will be a guy called ADAM who will be joining you for this game. He is the 20 or so year old son of a Foundation member who wanted to come join the Legion experience!

He's got his tix in the Legion Bay already.

I've told him to go to the front of the Legion Bay when he gets there and introduce himself - I've mentioned the names of Brad, Steve, Doug, Mel, Paul, Adam etc etc for him to look for. Apparently he's going to be there for the Under 20s game.

Please make him feel welcome into the Legion family... although I have no doubts you guys will :thumbsup:

Have a great night!

Adelaide Titan
25-06-09, 10:21 PM
i'll start a umm Interstate Legion for the titans haha :D

DIEHARD
26-06-09, 04:59 AM
i'll start a umm Interstate Legion for the titans haha :D

You can be the first of our South Australian Legion :thumbsup:

Hey guys

There will be a guy called ADAM who will be joining you for this game. He is the 20 or so year old son of a Foundation member who wanted to come join the Legion experience!

He's got his tix in the Legion Bay already.

I've told him to go to the front of the Legion Bay when he gets there and introduce himself - I've mentioned the names of Brad, Steve, Doug, Mel, Paul, Adam etc etc for him to look for. Apparently he's going to be there for the Under 20s game.

Please make him feel welcome into the Legion family... although I have no doubts you guys will

Have a great night!

Is Adam the guy who was at the Roosters game in Gosford? He said he would coe visit us in the Legion. If it is the same guy, he will fit in well with us. Great to get some new blood!

In other news Dennis has gotten a ticket. And I should be able to give Stevo and Dennis lifts to the Coast.

Adelaide Titan
26-06-09, 12:27 PM
sweet :D

one day when I come over there, i will do my best to introduce myself :)
i'll blend in well with all my Titans gear!

DIEHARD
26-06-09, 04:28 PM
sweet :D

one day when I come over there, i will do my best to introduce myself :)
i'll blend in well with all my Titans gear!

Yea you'll be ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow. Weather looks to clear up. It'd going to be a big one all round.

DIEHARD
26-06-09, 05:12 PM
As GCT 07 alluded to in the match discussion thread, The LEGION section is sold out early for the 2nd match in a row. I will be asking for an expansion in our rows.

This will also mean we can get the word out that we are growing and it is a good excuse for a press release. :thumbsup:

I will get back to you all about the expansion. We certainly need it, especially if everyone decides to bring friends, especially for the Broncos and Cowboys games.

GCT_07
26-06-09, 05:41 PM

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/designright/LAUGHING/e24222d2.gif.... Too True.............having said that...... most.... not all.. but most..... are just pashionate about their football like we are and I would say are more like big teddy bears........ but a teddy bear with a growl......LOL

Having said that..... I believe we need to find a way of growling a hell of a lot louder than any of the away fans.... did anyone see the comments from Princey in todays paper...

June 26th, 2009

THE PRINCE DIARIES by Titans captain Scott Prince

GOLD COAST Titans fans, it's time to suit up. Your team needs you like never before.

But we don't want to just see you there -- we want to hear you. It is time to be loud and proud.

Let me explain.

When I first started playing first grade for the Cowboys in Townsville in 1996 the club was new and the city was still rejoicing in the fact they had a rugby league team to follow.

The fans would come to games in droves and they would sit in the stands in awe.

They were passionate league and Cowboys fans, but they would sit there almost spellbound by the fact that their heroes were running around in front of them.

From a player's point of view it was great to have plenty of people in the stands, but it was like somebody had turned the volume down.

A few years later, I had moved on to the Brisbane Broncos and I remember going back to Townsville and being astounded.

The volume switch was up to 10, the fans were fanatically behind their home team and myself and the rest of the Brisbane team knew we were in enemy territory.

The fans gave it to us. The same needs to happen here.

After a long battle, the Gold Coast rugby league community convinced the NRL to place a team here. And you fans are fantastic.

From day one you have been at our games in numbers but just like in Townsville it is time to turn the volume up.

In recent games at Skilled Park, we know we have your support but what we have been hearing is the far fewer supporters from Manly or St George Illawarra.

For not one second am I suggesting anyone be unruly, aggressive or abusive. We want you cheering, booing and having fun.

From a player's point of view, home crowds are points on the board. A vocal home crowd is even more than that, it is an 18th man who comes on when we need him most.

When we are defending our line, especially if the opposition manage to get a repeat set, we need to hear you -- Titans! Titans!

When there is the slightest hint that the opposition have infringed -- high shot, forward pass, knock-on -- we need to hear you telling the ref (take it from me, it works).

When one of our blokes makes a big hit in defence we need to hear you.

When the opposition goal kicker is attempting a conversion we need him to hear you.

Because the Gold Coast is such a sensational place, the nation's tourist mecca, we will always have strong support for opposition teams here. Fans plan their Coast holiday for when their team plays here.

We need away teams and their fans to have no doubt that they are in enemy territory and that is never more important than tomorrow afternoon when we face the Warriors.

The New Zealanders always draw a big crowd here because of the amount of Kiwis who live here and love rugby league.

The Titans Legion do a great job but the rest of the stadium needs to follow your lead. If you saw our miracle win against the Roosters and the reaction of fan Matt Davis, you will know what I am talking about.

You are at the footy, not the ballet. Leave your inhibitions at home.

Here's my dear-diary notes.

Saturday: Relaxing at Novotel Twin Waters with the family. Girls driving me mad. Great spending time with them, but rain and cooped up in a motel room not the best combo. Most fun was bike riding. Caught up with mates Noel and Julie Goldthorpe and also Neil, Sharon and young Eastyn.

Sunday: Australia Zoo. Great time. All had a lot of fun. Only animal they don't have is a panda (opening for you Jase). Kristy didn't appreciate me trying to push her into the crocodile pen.

Monday: Back at training. McDaddy flogged us. Holiday officially over.

Tuesday: Today Show interview then weights, defensive session and then wrestling. Stuffed but off to see The Hangover. Go and see it. Titans TV later in the day.

Wednesday: Training, Carty concentrating on obeying the 'Six Commandments'. Origin at Home. Queenslander.

Thursday: Day off. Starting to focus on those boys from across the Tasman. Keen to get back into it. Bring on Saturday, 5.30pm.

Now while for the first half I was like... hmmmm mate i leave the game without a voice most nights..... by the time I got to the end I realise the point he was trying to make......... Now how to get this to happen... I have no idea...... we did play with the idea of booking out the first few rows of the away bay one game....... yeah i know.. tad cheeky but what the heck.....

I m not sure.. ....... but I agree with Princey...... its got to get louder .....Obviously growing the Legion Membership will work long term.... but what do we do in the meantime.

DIEHARD
26-06-09, 05:47 PM
I am glad that this topic is on he agenda at large. It's important to us all.

For starters hopefully a lot of people will read the paper and accept the rally call of our skipper. Scott really spells it out well. It's well articulated.

We really need those east and west stands rocking. Maybe we can do a lot more about the northern stand. I remember early last year how Dannyboi and GCT 89 patrolled around the steel sections next to us to rev everyone up.

kwigibo
26-06-09, 05:52 PM
As GCT 07 alluded to in the match discussion thread, The LEGION section is sold out early for the 2nd match in a row. I will be asking for an expansion in our rows.

This will also mean we can get the word out that we are growing and it is a good excuse for a press release. :thumbsup:

I will get back to you all about the expansion. We certainly need it, especially if everyone decides to bring friends, especially for the Broncos and Cowboys games.

I would get a membership, but unless I can get a half membership it's not worth it at this stage of the year.

GCT_07
26-06-09, 07:12 PM
We really need those east and west stands rocking. Maybe we can do a lot more about the northern stand. I remember early last year how Dannyboi and GCT 89 patrolled around the steel sections next to us to rev everyone up.

You just reminded me Brad....... When we went to Darwin ( I ll appologise now dee....... the fans thought we were the Titans Mascots.......lol)....... anyway...... there we were with our big flags and get up doing laps of the ground...... we started as soon as the bus got there.... the team went of to the sheds and we went off to the crowd...around and around and around we went... the players came out for the warm up and there was just this noise of .... yeah.. titans...... going around the ground..... a verbal wave......a slow one... but it was loud and it was there. When the game started we stayed down one end behind the goals...... and then half time... around we went again......

I m putting that out there because we could play around with that and see if we can do something.......... get the full Legion get up happening......helment and all....... maybe in groups of 4 do the rounds........it could have a 2 fold effect.... increase the noticibility of the Legion as well as get the crowd pumped up...........

I m just throwing this out there..... I would be very happy to hear any suggestions anyone else has....

DIEHARD
26-06-09, 07:23 PM
I m putting that out there because we could play around with that and see if we can do something.......... get the full Legion get up happening......helment and all....... maybe in groups of 4 do the rounds........it could have a 2 fold effect.... increase the noticibility of the Legion as well as get the crowd pumped up...........

I m just throwing this out there..... I would be very happy to hear any suggestions anyone else has....

I love it, great idea. I think in groups would be best.

DIEHARD
27-06-09, 08:41 AM
I think we should definitely use the "All your best players are aussie!" chant.

GCT_91
27-06-09, 07:04 PM
great game :D final score was 28-12 i think. cant remember exactly i was to busy yelling. well...... trying to yell.

legion sounded great tonight from where i was standing. cant wait till the 13th

Paul
27-06-09, 07:39 PM
Best Legion crowd in a long time. It was SO loud all night long. Everybody played a part and it was brilliant

I say we dedicate The legions performance to Adam tonight as he is usually one of our loudest and he was missing from skilled for the first time tonight

enjoy your run down the ski slope in your titans jersey/shorts mate lol

Paul
27-06-09, 07:41 PM
Ps- number 16's a wanker

LOL x forever

kwigibo
27-06-09, 07:58 PM
And Stacey's a girls name.

A kid was even singing it on the train.

Paul
27-06-09, 08:11 PM
And Stacey's a girls name.

A kid was even singing it on the train.
I'm taking credit for that one. I yelled it at him when mead scored in the second half. Then after That grant/chase and Adam ( I think) started the chant which took off immediately lol

kwigibo
27-06-09, 08:35 PM
I'm taking credit for that one. I yelled it at him when mead scored in the second half. Then after That grant/chase and Adam ( I think) started the chant which took off immediately lol

I'd been yelling it at him all game.

Paul
27-06-09, 08:44 PM
I'll fight you for it :D :p

DIEHARD
27-06-09, 10:17 PM
From the Gold Coast Bulletin gallery....

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/06/27/298961.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/06/27/298885.jpg
Some of our flags in full flight.

Paul
27-06-09, 10:43 PM
LOL at the concentration on my face

was worth it though as this was the photo I took a few seconds after the bully pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/IMG_0151.jpg

titanstattman
28-06-09, 11:02 AM
It was a great game and the legion did a hell of a job once again............

As ma and i were talking i saw it be alot better if the too drums be togther in the middle........

kwigibo
28-06-09, 11:24 AM
I'll fight you for it :D :p

Any day, Paulie! :D

kwigibo
28-06-09, 11:26 AM
It was a great game and the legion did a hell of a job once again............

As ma and i were talking i saw it be alot better if the too drums be togther in the middle........

Who's is the light blue drum? It was left in the cloakroom, do we not want another drum?

DIEHARD
28-06-09, 11:36 AM
Who's is the light blue drum? It was left in the cloakroom, do we not want another drum?

It's mine, the original drum from Carrara. I have left it in the cloakroom lately, because I thought 2 was enough. I thought that 3 drums, not in unison could be counter productive. But if the drummers want to centralise, it'd be sweet and effective. Also stop us doing two chants at once.

Also it'd be sweet if the ones who really want to lead the chants would centralise with it.

Last night was awesome in The Legion, well done to everyone. It was also a very good turn out from everyone!

One of the best things was all the kids who joined us and had a ball. And then when we were on the train they were singing and chanting our songs by themselves to other people. And I heard them say to people "When the Legion do their songs do you join in?" and stuff like "The Legion rules"

Kids are the best ones at chanting, so enthusiastic and in it for the fun. When the Southern Legion was in Gosford there was a heap of kids who were Titans fans and they were great with the chants!

DIEHARD
28-06-09, 11:53 AM
Also another issue I have is I have alot of gear. Two big flags as well as a couple banners and a sword. So if I bring the drum over it'd be cool to have someone volunteer to look after a flag or the drum.

I know in the past Mel, Steve and Stephen have helped me out in that department. :thumbsup:

daveyk
28-06-09, 11:59 AM
am more than happy to bang on a drum brad... i am always in the 2nd row smack bang in the middle... will give it a run at the eels game

DIEHARD
28-06-09, 12:17 PM
am more than happy to bang on a drum brad... i am always in the 2nd row smack bang in the middle... will give it a run at the eels game

Alright, that would be sweet. Be good to bring the old drum out.

It's good to talk about all this. It was great to be talking about it at the game, especially the dynamics which Paul was talking about. It's the best way we will move forward.

dee13
28-06-09, 12:37 PM
I don't know if you Legionairs could hear it from the other end of the ground. But, I had arranged, with Turbo, a little Haka for the crowd in front of the away team supporters bay. I thought we would do it as a friendly gesture.... Man did we upset some Warriors fans by doing it. I wanted to get a reaction out of the crowd so I didn't mind. I could see alot of the crowd enjoying it but the majority let us have it. It must have something to do with a right of passage to partake in a Haka or something.

Im lucky enough to get infront of the crowd and see the whole crowd. Its funny to see the different ways in which people react to different circumstances, like losing. I have learnt that some people are real, real bad losers others don't care and enjoy the moment, others jump ship whilst others take the opportunity to have more beers. I saw all of the above last night.

In the first half I watched the NZ fans in the away supporters bay dancing everytime the music came on. It was a really festive atmophere down there. The crowd were one big extension of each other. It was fantastic to see them enjoying themselves so much.

To the Legion. Well done once again. Whilst small in numbers you make up for it in heart. We will only continue to grow each year. Already our Collosium is a place that opposition teams are fearing to journey to.

DIEHARD
28-06-09, 12:46 PM
In the first half I watched the NZ fans in the away supporters bay dancing everytime the music came on. It was a really festive atmophere down there. The crowd were one big extension of each other. It was fantastic to see them enjoying themselves so much.

Warriors fans are truly some of the best in the league. Really good spirit and love for rugby league. :thumbsup: I'm sure they will forgive you, because it was well meaning. I'm sure next time we can find a better way to gee them up.

Boofhead
28-06-09, 03:12 PM
Legion - 1
Ben Matulino - 0

Was a treat to see him give away a penalty in the run of play after that.

Great night guys!

titanstattman
28-06-09, 03:33 PM
It's mine, the original drum from Carrara. I have left it in the cloakroom lately, because I thought 2 was enough. I thought that 3 drums, not in unison could be counter productive. But if the drummers want to centralise, it'd be sweet and effective. Also stop us doing two chants at once.

Also it'd be sweet if the ones who really want to lead the chants would centralise with it.

Last night was awesome in The Legion, well done to everyone. It was also a very good turn out from everyone!

One of the best things was all the kids who joined us and had a ball. And then when we were on the train they were singing and chanting our songs by themselves to other people. And I heard them say to people "When the Legion do their songs do you join in?" and stuff like "The Legion rules"

Kids are the best ones at chanting, so enthusiastic and in it for the fun. When the Southern Legion was in Gosford there was a heap of kids who were Titans fans and they were great with the chants!

Yeah im not too sure on the 3 drums thing i think 2 drums smack bang in the middle would work tops (thanks MA for the idea)....LOL...

Davey u should talk to MA about getting the other drum and standing next to me we could be the Kirby banging BRO's ( haha right-o i know wat i wrote..:doh: :p )...

Brad is it ur drum that does't sound deep in sound???

I remember they was a drum that just didnt have the efect like the other too.....

Paul
28-06-09, 05:40 PM

wait...you stand right behind me every game!! :fist: :fist: :fist:

:laugh:

DIEHARD
28-06-09, 07:16 PM
Well we'll run with the 2 drums but have you guys together. If we ever want the other, it's easily accessible.

Got some big Legion related news coming through the pipeline. Hopefully I can let you all know soon. But our greatest asset is everyone's enthusiasm and passion.

DIEHARD
29-06-09, 02:39 PM
I have gotten a few complaints through the club about the so and so is a ####er chants. We really need to stop it and better channel our energy into more positive, pro Titans chants.

The sound travels and many people, especially families do not approve and it dents our reputation with the club and other fans.

If we want to keep attracting the families, be loved by other Titans fans and get support from the club we need to end it.

GCT_07
29-06-09, 03:02 PM
Bugger about the W****r chant.... maybe we could come up with something similar that doesnt have one of those big bad swear words in it because paying out on the oppositions works so damn well....... Number 16..... and I dont even know who the heck he is.... was all thumbs after those chants......... maybe we can find another child friendly way of doing it.

Ok... now... as for the drums....... I m with you on that one Brad..... infact I would actually say 4 instead of 3 or 2 (by the way we dont have a shortage of them..... I brought a whole drum kit to paint up ages ago) But I deffinately think it needs to be all standing together in the center of the Legion with the chanters behind and on the sides........

I was on the drums against the warriors... and it was a pain in the.......ummmm rear...... I spent most of it trying to work out what beat doug had going on and keeping the beat to him........ Lets get them into the center..... it will make the sound amaizing... and get the chants of to a stronger start each time.

The irony....... the best atmospher I have ever had at a game was over in New Zealand when the warriors first entered the comp.......... they had a group of islanders at the front of one of the sections on drums....... it was amaizing.........

I think our problem is that we arent in beat.... that will change if they are together. I think as well...... and how do i put this ever so politely...... ummmmmmm lets be a bit picky on who is doing it...... not just someone who s built up a bit of courage after a few to many drinkies...... we ve had some horror weeks with them....

Ok... hadnt caught up since the game so there is my catch up post..

F A N T A S T I C G A M E

titanstattman
29-06-09, 04:11 PM
I have gotten a few complaints through the club about the so and so is a ####er chants. We really need to stop it and better channel our energy into more positive, pro Titans chants.

The sound travels and many people, especially families do not approve and it dents our reputation with the club and other fans.

If we want to keep attracting the families, be loved by other Titans fans and get support from the club we need to end it.

I can understand where ya comming from but on the other hand give us a break everytime we pick a player in such way (like 16) he made mistake so it worked.......

next min they asking us we can do the bull **** chant to the ref....I under stand about the familys and so on but geez wat about the rest of the stuff we chant......

Can i ask if the complaint is from fans?? OR just the club.....And another down fall i can see is we not going to attract many loud fans if we give it to the opp and yes i know we can work out another way but come its not like we chanting ****head or **** witt..... wankers not that bad of word....

DIEHARD
29-06-09, 04:22 PM
No doubt targeting the opposition is an entertaining and fruitful tactic. :laugh: But we can find other ways to do it that won't upset people. We can use a few more inoccuous words. I actually think if we call him something a bit more unconventional and maybe keep rotating it, it would distract them even more

The complaints came from fans to the club, but the club doesn't want us doing it.

But the club also did suggest we print up some song sheets for next time, probably a good idea to finally do this. Over the next 2 weeks we can nominiate and invent some new chants for the first song sheet that will be given to everyone.

Paul
29-06-09, 04:35 PM
Sorry and I'm not directing this at you Brad as the messenger but this is so lame.We are at a football game in the supporters bay for crying out loud not at a playground and if the W word was being complained about then this is a sad state of affairs.I could understand if it was all F and C bombs being chanted but come on...you hear worse than wanker on the footy show:doh:

Last year we put Luke Covell off with this,Saturday night we put Ben Matulino off,as soon as we did it he dropped the ball then gave a penalty away right in front of us. It's a part of footy and has been since day dot.

You and I had a chat about this Brad on the way back from Dougs wedding and we agreed that certain things are OTT but this is just like Gus Gould says about referees who take rules too literally....give them an inch and they'll travel around the world

What about "number 16's a doo doo head"? :p

shamus
29-06-09, 04:52 PM
Compile an email and send it to the crew on Titans TV to get their thoughts.......

Paul
29-06-09, 05:13 PM
Compile an email and send it to the crew on Titans TV to get their thoughts.......

I'd love to but I wouldn't be able to view the reply :laugh: :laugh:

goldcoastitans
29-06-09, 08:16 PM
wow well this totally sucks ...im pretty sure i could go to any club in the NRL and ask them if the w4nker call is chanted at any time during the game and im pretty sure 100% of the clubs will say YES .... people are always going to complain you cant please everyone and i think w4nker is one of the least of our worries when it comes to shouting things out.... i think this is silly and if those people didnt like the call there are another 20,000 seats to sit in ...just my opinion

DIEHARD
29-06-09, 11:01 PM
Wade you are right it is pretty common. Infact I'm pretty sure I heard it in the Souths/Knights game. But we probably do overdo it, use it as a bit of a crutch if you get my drift.

But I think we should try some new things and see how it goes. Let's not blow it out of proportion, it's been over 2 years and this is our first wrap over the knuckles, even if you can it that. :thumbsup: