PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the Legion Bay moved?

BringBackWillie
14-06-09, 10:33 AM
Speaking to Michael Searle after the game in Gosford, he said that the club was considering moving the Titans over to the southern end of the stadium for next season and has asked us to provide the club with feedback on this. I agreed to post something on the forum and get everyone?s input in this and either Diehard or myself can let the club know of the result from those on the forum.

I told him that from my point of view, the Northern Stand (Section 30) is preferable because it is out of the sun and also traditional for the Legion now. I?m sure many of you guys may think the same but you guys being the Legion may have other thoughts too. Michael indicated that he had heard that some would prefer a move to the southern end of the stadium to be closer to the entry/exit gates. He didn?t realise Section 30 was out of the sun though.

So he?s asked us to do a poll and provide the club with the feedback. Please indicate your preferences and comments here so that we can let the club know.

It is great to hear that the club is interested in the views of the existing Legion and their supporters in making this decision.

titanstattman
14-06-09, 10:42 AM
I would so NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love where we are ATM we right there where the team warms up so that give the boys the feeling that we are there to get them over the line.......

Its out of sun (as u said) its right near food,bar and toliets...

I dont care about the walk i love it walking past the oop side fans in my singlet letting them know where there are......And wen we win i remind them again where there are and how they just got they ass handen to them........LOL

So please dont change it as many of have said in the day games "we feel sorry for them sitting in the same so glad we are not"

So thats my feed back........:thumbsup:

Steve
14-06-09, 11:21 AM
Sure it'd be nice to be closer to the trains, but NO.

Not that we have a lot of day games, but it's the perfect spot when we do have them. Doug's right, whenever we have the day games we're all saying how glad we are to be out of the sun.

I think we're also at the quieter end of the stadium. Around the back there the queues for toilets, food and drink seem smaller.

A lot of the Legion stay back for the players lap, so we're not exactly first in line for the exits anyhow.

titanstattman
14-06-09, 11:22 AM
Ok just got off the phone from ringing a fare few legion memebers who dont come on here and afew more ppl who buys legion tixs every home game and they are saying NOOOOOOOO aswell i rang about 15ppl.....

Paul
14-06-09, 11:28 AM
Sure it'd be nice to be closer to the trains, but NO.

Not that we have a lot of day games, but it's the perfect spot when we do have them. Doug's right, whenever we have the day games we're all saying how glad we are to be out of the sun.

I think we're also at the quieter end of the stadium. Around the back there the queues for toilets, food and drink seem smaller.

A lot of the Legion stay back for the players lap, so we're not exactly first in line for the exits anyhow.

I agree with all of that and will add that it wouldn't matter if they moved us to the south end because of the number of fairweather fans who start leaving 10 mins before the game ends every week anyway so there would be no advantage in it as we'd always still be stuck waiting (if that was the only reason Searle and co were considering this)

I like our bay,I like waiting at our gate before the doors open away from all the circus of things that happen at the southern end outside the ground and most of all I like being in the shade on day games. Keep it in section 30

GCT_91
14-06-09, 12:04 PM
its great where we are.

kwigibo
14-06-09, 01:11 PM
If they wanted to move us to the 50m line maybe, but not to the sothern end.

Boofhead
14-06-09, 03:12 PM
If they wanted to move us to the 50m line maybe, but not to the sothern end.

Yeah haha, was going to say - change it to section six and you've got a deal. :thumbsup:

GCT_89
14-06-09, 03:34 PM
The Legion has come a long way from under the score board at carrara.....

i still remember going to the first fan day at skilled park back in the begining of 2008......finding section 30, standing in that front row and thinking, 'yea this is more like it! Cant wait for the season to begin'.....

so far i havent missed a titans game in section 30 and even sat in section 30 for the PNG world cup game....

i have shared many memories with alot of people on here and with others that sit there.....

sure enough, back when we had to carry all our gear from the station etc it was painful and there were people complaining, but when you think about it......100 or so metres........Keep your southern end

the tradition has already begun......theres no turning back now.......THE LEGION = SECTION 30

goldcoastitans
14-06-09, 05:39 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO

I dont even know why they would think of changing it ...silly boys and girls

I agree with people above i dont care about the walk ..to be honest after all those beers i need the walk, and its now tradition everyone knows the legionnaires are Section 30!!!

and the sun factor is a big one as well i love laughing at all the people in the sun

anyway thats my 2 cents

Steve
14-06-09, 06:11 PM
League players and fans are a superstitious lot. We sit in the north, Princey chooses to run north in the second half, we win. (Okay, so we won running south in the second half the other week, but it was close!)
It might just be me, but maybe it's other fans and the players too who've noticed this.

I'd be interested in actually hearing the opinion of the person who voted yes to the move if they're actually in the Legion.

BringBackWillie
14-06-09, 11:55 PM
Ok just got off the phone from ringing a fare few legion memebers who dont come on here and afew more ppl who buys legion tixs every home game and they are saying NOOOOOOOO aswell i rang about 15ppl.....

Thanks for doing a quick ring around Doug - it's important to get feedback from both forum Legion members and non-forum Legion members.

Steel Dragon
15-06-09, 12:14 AM
As an away supporter I like being at the Southern end. Laziness being the key factor. Mind you, haven't been to a day game yet. ;) One of these days hopefully I'll get to a game against another team so I can actually cheer for the Titans.

daveyk
15-06-09, 08:21 AM
A very big fat NO

enough said... for now..

curly_11
15-06-09, 08:57 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....get my drift!

Stupid idea! Sure its the extra 100m walk but we are next to the members bar and more importantly always out of the sun! It is now tradition to be in section 30 and i do NOT want it to change.

Sorry to those that want the move but a little bit of exercise never hurt anyone....especially in todays society!

BringBackWillie
15-06-09, 02:14 PM
Keep your votes and thoughts coming through guys.

As a visitor from the south, I prefer to be in our traditional Bay 30 and out of the sun (even though I try to make the most of the sunshine on my visits back to Queensland).

"Rock up" casual Titans fans seem to enjoy congregating out on the southern end for convenience, normally amongst the away team supporters. If the Titans were hoping the Legion can rally up these rock-up fans and continue creating great atmosphere at the games, what do you think we can do to entice these fans to join Bay 30 during their one-off games?

Thoughts?

Coaster
15-06-09, 02:31 PM
I changed my Gold tickets to legion, and one of the reasons (apart from the LEGION) was the fact it was out of the sun.

So unless they move us to halfway my answer is NO

dee13
15-06-09, 03:35 PM
Absolutely NO.

Here is the reason why....

On Friday March 2nd 2007, a few yobbos dressed in Titans gear and 1 bigger yobbo dressed in Panthers gear stood behind the Northern goalposts at Carrara Stadium. This was the Titans first ever game on the Gold Coast and that was the first ever gatherering of the Legion. At every home game since that day, the Legion have gathered and cheered from behind the Northern goalposts.

Its now a tradition that I wouldn't want to see broken.

Dragons
15-06-09, 06:27 PM
Absolutely NO.

Here is the reason why....

On Friday March 2nd 2007, a few yobbos dressed in Titans gear and 1 bigger yobbo dressed in Panthers gear stood behind the Northern goalposts at Carrara Stadium. This was the Titans first ever game on the Gold Coast and that was the first ever gatherering of the Legion. At every home game since that day, the Legion have gathered and cheered from behind the Northern goalposts.

Its now a tradition that I wouldn't want to see broken.

I remember that and even though I was not on the northern end for that game. I agree Dee13 stay at the northern end. Let the Tradition continue :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
15-06-09, 06:41 PM
Well I am firmly in the NO camp. But I'm glad the Titans are open to such feedback and reform.

Pretty much everything I believe has been said by everyone else here. And it warms my heart to know that so many other people feel the same!

We are a young club with view traditions and not much history. But we certainly have made some great traditions with the Legion. It feels magic there and I'd love to see it continue like that for evermore.

While placing the Legion there in the first place may have been done with not too much thought into the more deeper pros and cons. I have to say it all fell into place!

- The Titans warm up in front of us.
- We are always out of the sun.
- There are fewer people down our end, so the lines arent so crowded.
- We have bars and food so close and we have the Members Bar on our end.
- As Dee says the northern tradition even carries over from Carrara in our inaugural year. Which such a great feeling, knowing how little we had then and how much we have now.
- It isnt just Section 30, but I think the other sections really appreciate our presence and join in. So they would be disappointed if we moved too.
- All the sweet memories we have had and the traditions. All the memories of first meeting so many new friends!

And as GCT 89 says, that first time we entered Section 30 at the fan day in 2008. It was so exciting but also a bit scary. Thinking.... well here we go. I hope we can rally fans to the Legion banner. The rest is history and I love you all for making the Legion your own.

The Legion is all about the friendship, the passion, the unity, the shared experience, the fun, supporting the Titans the way you want to and making The Legion your own.

While we won't move, there is still so many opportunities for 2010 with improving The Legion and recruiting. I know we are going to have bucketloads of brand new members!

titanstattman
16-06-09, 08:49 PM
I will say this from the bottom of my heart.......

I WILL NOT BE A LEGION MEMBER IF WE GET MOVED FROM SEC 30!!!!!!!!!

And that is a promise I love my team and everything i say about them i mean......

So wen i say this I DO MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I will buy wat ever memberships i need to be to be on the fance in sec 30......

DIEHARD
16-06-09, 08:53 PM
Love the passion for Section 30. It is a big part of The Legion. I even have 30 on the back of my jersey in tribute to it. :thumbsup: 30 is our special number.

But don't sweat it bro, you will get to lean on that fence under the black dot enjoying the Titans for evermore.

titanstattman
16-06-09, 09:07 PM
Love the passion for Section 30. It is a big part of The Legion. I even have 30 on the back of my jersey in tribute to it. :thumbsup: 30 is our special number.

But don't sweat it bro, you will get to lean on that fence under the black dot enjoying the Titans for evermore.

I dont think sum ppl relize wat sec 30 is about and to think sum even looked at changing in i dont think they do too.......

DIEHARD
16-06-09, 09:10 PM
Well if it is any consolation, the person that voted YES isn't a Legionnaire.

So all in all, I think it's a pretty great vote of confidence in old Section 30.

Paul
16-06-09, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't worry too much Doug. Theres no way Mr Searle will change it when so many people are against it.

BringBackWillie
16-06-09, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't worry too much Doug. Theres no way Mr Searle will change it when so many people are against it.

That's exactly right guys, don't panic! - the club's just throwing out options for consideration and feedback from fans

From the response to date, there is a resounding NO.

The question still remains though - how does the Legion recruit more followers and get the casual fans involved and showing the same sort of passion on game day???

daveyk
17-06-09, 03:50 PM
at the dargons game i was outside and a lady asked me about the tickets we have down there... explained that we are the legion, etc...

she also said that one game they sat at the southern end and heard us from there and saw how much fun it looked... now they sit down with us... well they will be now she knows what sort of ticket to get...

maybe on gameday... they can put up the address for the forum on the big screens before the game.. people can then find us on here and get involved in the topics and hyoe, etc..

its just a start maybe...

titanstattman
17-06-09, 08:42 PM
maybe on gameday... they can put up the address for the forum on the big screens before the game.. people can then find us on here and get involved in the topics and hyoe, etc..

Thats the thing we all come up with ideas but us the fans can only do so much......

Too me IMO the club doesnt do enough on getting the legion out there.... They say nothing about the surrport group in the papers,radio or as dave said at the game........

The club should put sum air time in getting the legion name out there......

titanstattman
17-06-09, 08:47 PM

Im not too worried really just putting it out there wat my plans would be if they did...........Thats all :thumbsup:

Paul
17-06-09, 08:47 PM
at the dargons game i was outside and a lady asked me about the tickets we have down there... explained that we are the legion, etc...

she also said that one game they sat at the southern end and heard us from there and saw how much fun it looked... now they sit down with us... well they will be now she knows what sort of ticket to get...

If they can throw ads up all day long THROUGH THE BLOODY GAME then surely they can use a few spots to advertise this part of the ground and explain it. Paul gale getting a few drunken legionaires to sing out of tune and out of time into a mic live doesn't sell the section as we'd hope to be honest hahahaha

GCT_07
18-06-09, 09:05 AM
Either on the halfway line or section 30....... Just fix the food there PLEASE

As for the southern end....... well its a tribute to the titans that they put their away bay there. Its a shame other teams dont give the same "respect" to the away team. The away bay at Lang Park (suncorp) is a joke and shows the character of the team to put the away bay there. Where as our character is shown by giving then the equivelant space as our own "supporter club" has.

So to summerize..... Skilled..... take a leaf out of Lang Parks book and bring in some decent eating options instead of that pile of deep fried **** (self edit)........ and Broncos........ take a leaf out of the Titans book and allocate a decent area for the away bay............ ***holes (self edit again)

GOATUS
20-06-09, 04:39 PM
The food at lang park isnt much to get excited about either

GCT_07
20-06-09, 05:58 PM
Gonna have to disagree with you there. Of course its not 5 star dining... but it certainly isnt just a pile of deep fried rubbish or hotdogs you cold use as bricks.