PDA

View Full Version : When do you put up your christmas tree?

Queenslander
01-12-05, 02:21 PM
Its nearly christmas....so when exactly do you put up your christmas tree?

I put up mine today....the 1st of December

So when do you put up yours?

Teegy
01-12-05, 02:22 PM
We normally put ours up the 1st weekend of December which is this weekend

Super Cronk
01-12-05, 02:23 PM
normally we have it up by now...but i dont know if we are this year.

Christabella
01-12-05, 02:36 PM
It's nearly Christmas?
Aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ours goes up when there is an oportunity to have both my parents and either myself or my sister to help with it. It's one of those massive fibre optic ones so it's a team effort to put the damn thing together. I just hope my mum decides it goes up on a weekend when I have to work.

DIEHARD
01-12-05, 02:56 PM
Thanks for reminding me to put a tree up. :laugh:

Queenslander
01-12-05, 02:57 PM
Thanks for reminding me to put a tree up. :laugh:

No problem :p This is also a community service announcement to get your christmas trees up and ready for santa :laugh: :laugh:

Titanium_BD1103
01-12-05, 03:04 PM
LOL yep go the community service announcement.. :D :D

Yay for that.. I had mine put up as GTD would know last Saturday... she was trying to talk to me on MSN whilst I was doing it.. :D :D

Christa.. you should enjoy putting up the tree, I missed doing it the past 2 years due to prior engagements and it was good that we did it as a family this year.. it is quality time spent having fun and bonding.. which is always a good thing for a family to do..

Plus I looovveee Christmas.. I am headed out to the City some time in December to see the Christmas decorations.. Clover has gone all out this year after last years grinch attempt.. :)

Steve Dangerous
01-12-05, 03:06 PM
i might do my xmas shopping tomorrow.

but i have no idea what to buy anyone. tips?

Go_The_Doggies
01-12-05, 03:07 PM
Our's is a fibre optic one 2, isnt it one's where you dont gotta decorate them??
But ours isnt massive, its just a lil one :D
We usually put it on on the 11th or 12th of december :)

Dakink
01-12-05, 03:55 PM
i might do my xmas shopping tomorrow.

but i have no idea what to buy anyone. tips?

Money will do for me thanks Steve...

Queenslander
01-12-05, 03:55 PM
Money will do for me thanks Steve...

Unmarked $100 bills forwarded to my offshore bank account will do me fine :p

SaRaH...
01-12-05, 04:09 PM
We are putting ours up tonight...the 1st of December

Steelers
01-12-05, 08:12 PM
Mine will go up soon, it isn't that big of a deal at my house.

Dragons
01-12-05, 08:16 PM
We are putting ours up tonight...the 1st of December
So do we it's the start of summer and and we take it down on New Years Eve. It a beginning and ending thing I suppose. :emp:

In-Cyde #1
01-12-05, 08:22 PM
Our Christmas Tree will go up, when my lazy good for nothing Daughter puts the damn thing up (only kidding). She'll put it up this weekend (she's loves doing it - true), but I get to stick the Angel on top, thats Dad's job. Oh and I (yes me) get to pull down the damn tree down straight after New Year. MERRY XMAS TO ALL.

Dragons
01-12-05, 08:26 PM
Our Christmas Tree will go up, when my lazy good for nothing Daughter puts the damn thing up (only kidding). She'll put it up this weekend (she's loves doing it - true), but I get to stick the Angel on top, thats Dad's job. Oh and I (yes me) get to pull down the damn tree down straight after New Year. MERRY XMAS TO ALL.
I give credit to all the people that light up there houses and make them special for people to look at.......... :clap:

Dragons
01-12-05, 08:26 PM
Darn i think I'm going soft

In-Cyde #1
01-12-05, 08:30 PM
Darn i think I'm going soft

Don't fear Dragons, we only put up a small tree, couldn't be bothered with all those lights round the house and things. Too hard.

Dragons
01-12-05, 08:37 PM
Don't fear Dragons, we only put up a small tree, couldn't be bothered with all those lights round the house and things. Too hard.
Ever seen a house with it done (heap of lights) makes ya think about it. God bless the people that do it also. :thumbsup:

Dakink
01-12-05, 08:41 PM
Ill put it up when I can find some room for the damn thing!

Queenslander
08-12-05, 10:54 AM
Couldn't be bothered with all those lights round the house and things. Too hard.

Yeah my family used to do the lights but now we just dont have the time or money for it. :happy:

Dakink
08-12-05, 11:30 AM
Yeah my family used to do the lights but now we just dont have the time or money for it. :happy:

LOL I still havent got around to putting the damn thing up!

Super Cronk
08-12-05, 11:35 AM
I havent got any lights or tree put up yet...doubt the will be going up ethier.

Christabella
10-12-05, 10:28 PM
Still not yet, mum said it will get done when the house is clean, my reply we're not putting it up this year?

Although with my youngest sister pestering her Bart and Lisa Simpson style: "When's it going up?" "When's it going up?" "When's it going up?" "When's it going up?" ....
I think it may just get done when I am at work tomorrow. Hooray!

Kallan
10-12-05, 10:54 PM
At my house the tree is usually put up late November or early december (like the 1st) but this year we were to lazy, i put it up and decorated it 2 days ago

Sharks
11-12-05, 12:12 PM
the night of November 30

Queenslander
12-12-05, 06:46 PM
There is less than 2 weeks to christmas!!!!! Surely most people have their trees up by now ;)

Dakink
12-12-05, 06:47 PM
There is less than 2 weeks to christmas!!!!! Surely most people have their trees up by now ;)

LOL Yep - ours went up yesterday!!

Steelers
12-12-05, 07:21 PM
Mine is going up as we speak

Ripply
12-12-05, 07:25 PM
Lol, we usually put ours up 1st December but we just finished putting it up then.

Queenslander
12-12-05, 07:31 PM
Mine is going up as we speak

LOL get back to work :p

In-Cyde #1
12-12-05, 08:23 PM
It's up, it's up. (12/12/2005)
Yahoo MERRY XMAS (Can I say that !!).

Christabella
12-12-05, 08:39 PM
Thankfully I avoided helping put mine together this year. I got home from work yesterday with the greeting: 'your sister put some of the decorations up, here's the box you can some more' .... ah no thanks. Looks good enough to me anyway.

Queenslander
13-12-05, 02:27 PM
MERRY XMAS (Can I say that !!).

;) Disclaimer: If anyone is offended by this christmas thread then you shouldnt be reading this :thumbsup:

Titanium_BD1103
13-12-05, 05:33 PM
It's up, it's up. (12/12/2005)
Yahoo MERRY XMAS (Can I say that !!).

As a person who is quite religious.. I wouldn't call it that.. but I don't say that others can't call it that.. it is each to their own in my opinion..

I now would only say Merry Christmas, but if you want to say Yahoo MERRY XMAS then that is fine by me.. it is entirely up to you and whether or not we agree on celebrating Christmas or calling it by another name is not an issue.. :)

I reckon we should all respect each other regardless of where we come from and what we believe in..therefore as Queenslander, said, don't like it then get out of the thread.. otherwise Yay it is Christmas and that I am happy about too.. :D :D

Super Cronk
13-12-05, 05:35 PM
i put my tree up yesterday.

Dakink
13-12-05, 05:36 PM
As a person who is quite religious.. I wouldn't call it that.. but I don't say that others can't call it that.. it is each to their own in my opinion..

I now would only say Merry Christmas, but if you want to say Yahoo MERRY XMAS then that is fine by me.. it is entirely up to you and whether or not we agree on celebrating Christmas or calling it by another name is not an issue.. :)

I reckon we should all respect each other regardless of where we come from and what we believe in..therefore as Queenslander, said, don't like it then get out of the thread.. otherwise Yay it is Christmas and that I am happy about too.. :D :D

Good call Dogs. If only more people were accepting of other people's beliefs and rituals then the world would be a happier place.

DIEHARD
13-12-05, 05:53 PM
My tree still isn't up... :)

Titanium_BD1103
13-12-05, 05:55 PM
Sorry I am going out now.. but I had to come back and tell DIEHARD..

HURRY UP AND GET THE TREE UP NOW.. THERE IS ONLY 12 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS.. it should be up before the song starts.. :D :D

Super Cronk
13-12-05, 05:56 PM
My tree still isn't up... :)

and i thought i had left it late.

DIEHARD
13-12-05, 06:11 PM
Sorry I am going out now.. but I had to come back and tell DIEHARD..

HURRY UP AND GET THE TREE UP NOW.. THERE IS ONLY 12 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS.. it should be up before the song starts.. :D :D

Hahahaha good policy.

Steve Dangerous
13-12-05, 06:29 PM
mine went up a couple of days ago, and got decorated yesterday.

Titans#1
14-12-05, 08:51 AM
Here's mine, plain is best, red and gold.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Angry_Mumma/PC140194.jpg

Queenslander
14-12-05, 01:06 PM
Here's mine, plain is best, red and gold.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Angry_Mumma/PC140194.jpg

Its not plain......its a simple design ;)...if others have pics of their trees you are more than welcome to post them :D

Titanium_BD1103
14-12-05, 05:50 PM
I will tomorrow.. mine is on the digital camera ATM and Tomorrow I will get it onto the computer so that I can have it for my MSN display picture too.. ;)

Titanium_BD1103
19-12-05, 11:06 AM
Ok it took me a little longer than the next day.. was busy.. ;)... but I have it done now.. here is my Christmas Tree for all to see... :)

http://tinypic.com/iqy0ky.jpg

Go_The_Doggies
19-12-05, 12:20 PM
We put ours up last night, tis a bit munted as i had to pull the branches out, and i only did one side :p
I said to my dad "Im not doing it all, someone else can"

[BroncosGirl]
20-12-05, 07:47 PM
Yea I didnt' get to put one up this year, Im not at home! Then when I got here it was already up! But we usually put it up around teh 15th!

Titanium_BD1103
07-12-06, 12:40 PM
Time to bump this thread again and start talking about what you put on the Christmas Tree... this year our tree has the nice addition of some big blue balls and an perhaps even an angel will be on the tree this year... :)

Oh and I forgot, it also has a big star on it too now, which looks really cool..:D

What about everyone else, what does your tree look like ?

Queenslander
07-12-06, 12:44 PM
I totally forgot about this thread :laugh: The year seems to be flying so fast, its a week into December and I haven't got the Christmas tree up yet!

jenny
07-12-06, 12:45 PM
Our daughter has been very sick in hospital!
BUT she came home today :purdy:
We waited until she came home, to put our tree up!
So it goes up today! ;)
Lights, Angel that changes colours on top..All the Trimmings...
What a great Day! :purdy: :purdy:
~~~~~~~~~MERRY CHRISTMAS~~~~~~~~~

Robbie_Dee
07-12-06, 12:58 PM
OMG we havn't even done it this year yet! We always have it up by the first, but been a bit busy this year...will probably do it today!

Capital_Shark
07-12-06, 01:28 PM
Hasn't been a xmas tree up at my place in probably 3 or 4 years. Last year we put presents around an indoor plant, thats pretty close I guess.

However I did discover today the good thing about working in a place that was started by a nun; xmas decorations. Trees, tinsle, even a nativity scene by front reception. It used to be everyday stuff, but now with political correctness and the growing need to cater to everyone else that decided to call this country home, its a rare thing to see Christmas celebrated with stuff like that.

EDIT: Because of this festive awakening I've had, I might try find the xmas tree this arvo and put her up.

Nathalie
07-12-06, 01:59 PM
We haven't put ours up yet!! :eek:

~Wild Child~
07-12-06, 02:16 PM
Just put my Christmas Tree up this morning :) :) :)
It looks absolutely stunning too. I put some coloured star Christmas lights all over it...sooo pwetty :purdy:

SaRaH...
08-12-06, 10:49 AM
We put our Xmas tree up on the 2nd of December this year ... Decorated it along with the whole of the inside of my house ...

MonaroMan
08-12-06, 11:40 AM
We usually put ours up on the first weekend of December, but my brother wanted to put it up mid-November this year, because he's a freak.

Nathalie
08-12-06, 11:53 AM
Might get to the point where we just forget, and I'll have to draw a picture of a Chrissy tree and stick it on the wall :D

Robbie_Dee
08-12-06, 12:16 PM
Well ours is up, just chucked it up then! w00t! :emp:

Hoppy2007Dragons
08-12-06, 12:44 PM
we were a bit early this year, the 29th of november.

but we normalyl put it up on the 1st to the 5th of december usually.

patrick
08-12-06, 12:59 PM
I'm going to put my tree up this afternoon after i finish school!

broncos_cow_girl
09-12-06, 11:49 PM
Whenever we get time and remember to do it :) I put it up today actually

titanstattman
01-12-08, 10:12 PM
The TREE is up and lights are on...

P.S. I know its a old thread but why not bring back n old one....

GCT_89
01-12-08, 10:26 PM
the tree at home always goes up on the first........tree at work goes up usually early to half way through MOvember......

titanstattman
01-12-08, 10:28 PM
the tree at home always goes up on the first........tree at work goes up usually early to half way through MOvember......

My little girl put the star on tonight Kiara cant wait for the big guy....

Hoppy2007Dragons
02-12-08, 08:53 AM
Saturday arvo the tree was up, first christmas away from home.

DIEHARD
02-12-08, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I'd better put it up early this year.

Steve
02-12-08, 11:37 AM
There is no tree.

Bah hum bug!

Dummy Half
02-12-08, 12:15 PM
Our tree went up on Sunday. (30th Nov)
Normally we put it up on the 1st Dec
but it was Sunday and people were working or going to school on the 1st
so we thought 'why not!'
:D
God Bless Us, Everyone! :p