View Full Version : Legion Round 13: TITANS vs DRAGONS

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 07:07 PM
TITANS vs DRAGONS

Monday June 8 - Skilled Park

Legion Ticket: http://www.ticketek.com.au

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 07:11 PM
This is a big game. We were loud and revved up at the Manly game. We destroyed Manly now let's beat our arch enemy the Dragons.

We got some time to come up with some great chants.

I'm working on a special banner just for the Dragons. :)

daveyk
26-05-09, 07:12 PM
LOOOONNNNGGGGGGG Weekend Monday....

No exuses this Legionairs...

Once again we will have our work cut out for us with a very vocal red army at the other end...

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 07:19 PM
Right on Davey, they are't just loud but colourful and are the masters of banners. No one has more banners than the Dragons Army, at least in Sydney.

I'm delighted we get a public holiday, if we are gonna have a Monday night game, I'm glad we scored it on a public holiday.

Dragons
26-05-09, 07:32 PM
Right on Davey, they are't just loud but colourful and are the masters of banners. No one has more banners than the Dragons Army, at least in Sydney.

I'm delighted we get a public holiday, if we are gonna have a Monday night game, I'm glad we scored it on a public holiday.

It's in the arvo at 3.00pm not night which is even better.

Dragons
26-05-09, 07:34 PM
This is a big game. We were loud and revved up at the Manly game. We destroyed Manly now let's beat our arch enemy the Dragons.

We got some time to come up with some great chants.

I'm working on a special banner just for the Dragons. :)

But I love the Titans too, they are not my arch enemy :cry:

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 07:37 PM
The Broncos are our true mortal enemy but the Dragons are up there and we are so eager to beat them! I hate the Dragons! But admittedly alot less since Bennett has moved there.

Dragons
26-05-09, 07:45 PM
The Broncos are our true mortal enemy but the Dragons are up there and we are so eager to beat them! I hate the Dragons! But admittedly alot less since Bennett has moved there.

So you want to hate the Dragons, but you still support the boncos as well. Is it because we have the wood on both of your teams :)

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 08:44 PM
St George Illawarra Dragons EST 1999. Premierships = ZERO

Steelers
26-05-09, 09:04 PM
I'll be there. At the opposite end of everyone here though :) It'll be my first trip down to Skilled Park, and the first game for my new Steelers flag. Looking forward to witnessing yet another win.

Oh and DIEHARD, just remember...

GOLD COAST TITANS:
Premierships - 0
Finals appearances - 0
Wins against Dragons - 0

Even if you win this game, the score will still be 5-1 to us :)

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 09:08 PM
We are only 2 years and 11 games old! It'll be our first win against the Dragqueens in Round 13!

I hope you come visit us Steelers and say g'day. Maybe before the match when we are all friends.

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 09:16 PM
Here is the famous classic from Souths/Burrow. With a slight adaption.

Tune: Oh When the Saints Go Marching In

When The Saints Go Merging In

Oh when the Saints
Go merging in
Oh when the Saints go merging in
It's time to move to Illawarra
Oh when the Saints go merging in

Might not want to sing it too often though, don't want people to think we are Stain fans if they can't hear us properly.

Nathalie
27-05-09, 04:05 PM
Shaun and I are there :p

Nathalie
27-05-09, 04:09 PM
It's in the arvo at 3.00pm not night which is even better.

It's at 7pm, isn't it?

GCT_89
27-05-09, 05:21 PM
nah i saw 3pm.......

"oh when the saints go merging in!"

GCT_07
27-05-09, 05:34 PM

I hate them MORE since Bennett moved there................ Use to think Bennett was all that........... THEN HE BECAME A TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing else you can call an Australian Coach who decides to help the KIWI s win the world cup against Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAITOR

Dragons
27-05-09, 06:55 PM
We are only 2 years and 11 games old! It'll be our first win against the Dragqueens in Round 13!

I hope you come visit us Steelers and say g'day. Maybe before the match when we are all friends.

What are you trying to do? Take over from that other idiot shaven**** and start fishing, grow up DIEHARD. I thought you were better then that.

Nathalie
27-05-09, 07:08 PM
nah i saw 3pm.......

"oh when the saints go merging in!"

The Titans, Foxsports and Ticketek sites say 7pm. Where did you guys get 3pm from? Lol.. if there has been a time change to 3pm that would be awesome, would be so much better. But yeah those sites say 7pm.

Dragons
27-05-09, 08:29 PM
The Titans, Foxsports and Ticketek sites say 7pm. Where did you guys get 3pm from? Lol.. if there has been a time change to 3pm that would be awesome, would be so much better. But yeah those sites say 7pm.

It had 3.00pm in the Titans booklet in the Gold Coast Bulletin the last few weeks. I looked at the time and thought it was wrong but being a Queens Birthday weekend I thought it was correct.

Nathalie
27-05-09, 08:37 PM
It had 3.00pm in the Titans booklet in the Gold Coast Bulletin the last few weeks. I looked at the time and thought it was wrong but being a Queens Birthday weekend I thought it was correct.

That's weird. I'm going to email the Titans site and check, because yeah, all those sites are still saying 7pm. The Manly game was at 3pm, wasn't it? Maybe the Bully people got confused, I don't know.. because if it really is at 3, that's a major screw-up - how would anyone who checked the times the usual way (like when buying tickets, e.g.) know the right time? Lol.. 'tis a mystery, 'tis..

P.S. I'd much prefer it to be at 3pm...

titanstattman
27-05-09, 09:12 PM
How can it be 3pm on a monday??????? thatr will be perrty ****ie if it is....

That weekend im going racing so i'll be tired on the monday but i'll be there

Nathalie
27-05-09, 10:25 PM
Hang on a sec.. didn't St. George slay the dragon?

The team must be a bit confused :p

Hoppy2007Dragons
28-05-09, 12:01 PM
My tickets say 7pm, does the NYC start at 3pm????

DIEHARD
28-05-09, 12:14 PM
Hang on a sec.. didn't St. George slay the dragon?

The team must be a bit confused :p

Absolutely! I'm glad you realise that, because THAT is my banner!

They used to be called the Dragonslayers many moons go, but now they are the Dragons. Talk about an identity crisis!

Nathalie
28-05-09, 09:10 PM
Absolutely! I'm glad you realise that, because THAT is my banner!

They used to be called the Dragonslayers many moons go, but now they are the Dragons. Talk about an identity crisis!

;) Nice one, Brad! Can't wait to see that banner.. we need a chant for that, too..

GCT_89
28-05-09, 09:34 PM
I confirmed with both Skilled Park And the Titans Store that it is infact a 7:00pm kick-off......the gold coast bulletin got it wrong.....

titanstattman
29-05-09, 10:20 AM
I confirmed with both Skilled Park And the Titans Store that it is infact a 7:00pm kick-off......the gold coast bulletin got it wrong.....

Hahaha i still cant belive sum ppl would even think it would be a 3pm kick off on a monday......:p

GCT_89
29-05-09, 11:08 AM
Hahaha i still cant belive sum ppl would even think it would be a 3pm kick off on a monday......:p

quite easily, it was posted in the GC bully a number of times and it is a public holiday (Queens birthday). if it wasnt the Queens Bday then people would have knew it was a stuff up, but the way things were it was very beleiveable....;)

titanstattman
29-05-09, 11:23 AM
quite easily, it was posted in the GC bully a number of times and it is a public holiday (Queens birthday). if it wasnt the Queens Bday then people would have knew it was a stuff up, but the way things were it was very beleiveable....;)

Yeah in a way but watch all the ads and NRL shows its bundy rum monday night footy come on ppl u all know ur footy..........LOL LOL

GCT_89
29-05-09, 12:15 PM
well im pretty keen for this game aye, so far its been the year to break our hoodoos.....
Away games
No prince
Storm in Melbourne
Manly
So willl the Drags fall to the 2009 Titans?.....i think so!

Bring it On!

DIEHARD
29-05-09, 01:16 PM
well im pretty keen for this game aye, so far its been the year to break our hoodoos.....
Away games
No prince
Storm in Melbourne
Manly
So willl the Drags fall to the 2009 Titans?.....i think so!

Bring it On!

Yea too right! And it's an impressive list of hoodoos there. Many of them extremely potent. And they have all come in the last several weeks.

As a Titans fan, I really am taking the time to soak it up.

And the stage is set to get slay the Dragons as well!

GCT_07
29-05-09, 05:27 PM
Dragons at Skilled...... Time for an old fashion can of whoop @se!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely agree son...... we have knocked them all on the head this year...... we are unbeaten at home........ and we are coming off a bye. Even Bull and LeFrankly have a 4 days up their sleeve to recover from the whoop@se they give QLD.......and harrison 4 days to get over that thrashin.

I think the big thing..... drummin up numbers to make sure the drags know what they are up against.......Hey... Public holiday.... not freezing yet..... maybe its time for another smurfy outing

BringBackWillie
29-05-09, 08:03 PM
This is going to be a fantastic game. Had been hoping to try and make it up for this one but circumstances means it is very unlikely :(

Nathalie
30-05-09, 08:19 AM
Hey guys.. do you think it'll be a problem if I buy a Legion ticket on the day (on the net though)? Legion section tickets should still be available then, won't they?

DIEHARD
30-05-09, 11:14 AM
Hey guys.. do you think it'll be a problem if I buy a Legion ticket on the day (on the net though)? Legion section tickets should still be available then, won't they?

I think you should be ok to do that, considering it is a Monday night game. Hope to see you there!

Nathalie
31-05-09, 04:38 PM
Ahhh it happened again. Won't be making it to this game, army called and things are starting to move along again so we have to pay for Shaun's citizenship. He's already passed the test, just have to pay for the actual citizenship. So should be at the Warriors game - but not making promises :(

titanstattman
31-05-09, 07:35 PM
Ahhh it happened again. Won't be making it to this game, army called and things are starting to move along again so we have to pay for Shaun's citizenship. He's already passed the test, just have to pay for the actual citizenship. So should be at the Warriors game - but not making promises :(

Soft soft soft soft.

Nathalie
01-06-09, 07:41 AM
Soft soft soft soft.

Okay Dougie, you call the army and tell them to postpone things. Smart-@$$ :p

And scrap the Warriors game too. I have a wedding to go to that day. Arghhhh....

Not soft at all. I can't exactly change things, ya know.. :( but I WILL get to a game. I just can't promise when.

DIEHARD
01-06-09, 12:11 PM
It's ok Nat! I understand. Good luck with Shaun and the army!

Maybe we can see you at the Parramatta, Brisbane or North Queensland home matches.

GCT_07
01-06-09, 01:42 PM
Natalie......... I understand where you are coming from, been there before myself....... I know I can get hold of a ticket if you still want to go to the StGeorge game. Its only 1 ticket so you and hubby will have to duke it out.....

Nathalie
01-06-09, 03:57 PM
It's ok Nat! I understand. Good luck with Shaun and the army!

Maybe we can see you at the Parramatta, Brisbane or North Queensland home matches.

Natalie......... I understand where you are coming from, been there before myself....... I know I can get hold of a ticket if you still want to go to the StGeorge game. Its only 1 ticket so you and hubby will have to duke it out.....

Thanks guys! Yeah GCT_07 will let you know, thanks for the offer :)

DIEHARD
05-06-09, 03:10 PM
Latest news is that the away supporter bay has sold out. So it will be full of Dragons fans.

Time to get your game on Titans and Legionnaires! This will be the biggest match yet! It's going to be unreal.

Just imagine, going nuts cheering on the Titans to beat the Dragons and tasting that sweet victory over them and breaking the hoodoo...

We have witnessed a lot of amazing results at Skilled Park so far this year, so we can really do this!

Come on Titans fans, we need you out there! Get to the game on Monday night, wear blue, gold and white and cheer loud!

Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au

dee13
05-06-09, 04:07 PM
This is a real sentimental game for me. My Grandfather was a Dragons man through and through. He who would come home from the pub and sing "Oh when the Saints go marching in" all the way home if they had won. It was a 2km walk (stagger).

The St George game always reminds me of poppy and a little piece of me will be reserved for him and on Monday.

daveyk
05-06-09, 05:49 PM
This is a real sentimental game for me. My Grandfather was a Dragons man through and through. He who would come home from the pub and sing "Oh when the Saints go marching in" all the way home if they had won. It was a 2km walk (stagger).

The St George game always reminds me of poppy and a little piece of me will be reserved for him and on Monday.

i also have a large soft spot for st george aswell dee, in memory of my NAN
she absolutely loved the dragons for as long as i can remember, she even had an ALF doll that she knitted a jersey, scarf & beanie for... which my sister now has as she is a big saints fan.

will try and get a photo of ALF and post

dee13
05-06-09, 05:56 PM
i also have a large soft spot for st george aswell dee, in memory of my NAN
she absolutely loved the dragons for as long as i can remember, she even had an ALF doll that she knitted a jersey, scarf & beanie for... which my sister now has as she is a big saints fan.

will try and get a photo of ALF and post

I still swear to this day, that back in 2000, My Pop had set up the Olympic Torch Relay so that I would recieved the Olympic flame from Greame Langlands. I think it was his way of saying that he was proud of me.:cry:

It would be awesome to catch up to Greame at the game if he is there.

Dragons
05-06-09, 07:44 PM
Don't know what to say but makes me feel good :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
05-06-09, 08:15 PM
Really moving stories from both you Dee and Davey. It's what rugby league is all about. It's great that we can continue to enjoy the sport and in the process be reminded of the past, traditions and loved ones. Reliving memories and passing them on to the next generation.

I dont really have any reason to have a soft spot for the Dragons but I loved seeing the team sing when the saints go marching in after last week's victory.

Also read in Big League this week how Preston follows the Bunnies and did so as a kid. He said he loves to watch them and loves to play them and tries to aim up the most against them.

Dragons
05-06-09, 08:34 PM
I dont really have any reason to have a soft spot for the Dragons but I loved seeing the team sing when the saints go marching in after last week's victory.

Don't forget about Monday night game too......OOhh when the Saints go marching in... OOhh when the Saints go marching in we will.......................
march over the Titans.......OOhh when the Saints go marching in. :fist:

DIEHARD
05-06-09, 08:49 PM
Don't forget about Monday night game too......OOhh when the Saints go marching in... OOhh when the Saints go marching in we will.......................
march over the Titans.......OOhh when the Saints go marching in. :fist:

OK everyone back to dumping on the Dragons! :laugh:

dee13
06-06-09, 08:10 AM
For the Dragons fans out there:

St George will be arriving at Coolangatta Airport just before 4pm on Sunday on Jetstar.

The Dragons will again host a Red V Member only function on the Gold Coast after the match against the Titans on Monday, June 8 2009 at the Holiday Inn - Gold Coast in the Sirocco Bar on the 2nd level of the hotel, 22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise.

The players will be available from approximately 10.30pm (this may vary slightly due to transport and post match commitments) and will be around to meet and greet Members for 30 – 40minutes. We hope you can make it and we look forward to seeing those of you making the trip.

Your 2009 Season ticket, Flames or Scorch Membership cards will allow you entry, for Country and Interstate Members who do not receive a season ticket/s please show your 2009 Red V Cap or football boot key ring to gain entry.

DIEHARD
07-06-09, 01:17 PM
How is that for service and sportsmanship from our mascot. :laugh:

In other news my mum is coming to this game.

Dragons
08-06-09, 02:32 PM
How is that for service and sportsmanship from our mascot. :laugh:

In other news my mum is coming to this game.

Agree with you there DIEHARD but it's even better that his father supports the Mighty Dragons :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
08-06-09, 03:01 PM
See you all at the game! After the bye I am really hanging out for some Titans action, especially against the Dragons.

Here is to the evil empire falling tonight at the Fortress!

Steve
08-06-09, 11:35 PM
I don't think I remember us being consistently so loud before. I think it's one of the games I've enjoyed the most, despite freezing! Warmed up during both halves at least. :D

DIEHARD
09-06-09, 01:20 AM
Got home around midnight, I am still elated with the win!

A Titans win always means alot, but particularly against the Dragons and the home record at Skilled Park means so much to me. I take so much pride in our home Fortress!

My mum had a great time and I agree Steve it was great fun. Especially in the first half!

Thanks to everyone especially all the newbies we had. Welcome to The Legion!

Steve
09-06-09, 09:06 AM
I loved the rise Davey got out of the Dragons players. A few seemed pissed off, but their fullback was in stitches.

Then the touchie shushing us. :D
I think it went from a handful of people doing the bs chant to everyone after that.

But he did have a grin on his face, it was good natured really.

Coaster
09-06-09, 12:55 PM
Great night, i went to the game promising myself not to be such a loudmouth, after 3 min i had lost my voice, something about footy makes me lose my f*kin mind.

DIEHARD
09-06-09, 05:09 PM
Loved watching the footy with you Coaster!

Especially loved your impersonation of the referee when Titans got tackled. RELEASE!!!!

I really love watching footy in the Legion, it reminds me of the closest thing you can get in a modern stadium to watching a game from the hill. Love the comradere.

Man of the Match award to Doug IMO. He came to the game looking a bit under the weather but was like our version of Nathan Friend all night. I look forward to seeing you under the black dot against the Warriors! Great to have Stephen over the middle left side as well! Along with Steve it formed a nice core in the middle.

Watching the replay now, the Titans fans and the Legion were very loud! Well done, the atmosphere sounds amazing.

dee13
09-06-09, 05:35 PM
I am so, sore today. Heaps of fun out there with you guys last night.

I tried to get the attention of Big Dell down the Western sideline in the 2nd half but he told me after the game that he was in deep concerntration. Got massive amounts of laughs, from the players family section, for taking him on and shaping up too him. Brad Davis loved it and was very amused. :laugh:

Even had a rumble in the halfway tunnel with none other than Joel Parkinson after the game. How cool is that!

Thanks for looking after Stumpy for me Legion.

Here is a photo for all you fans that Booed the Big Dell last night. Trust me this guy is an awesome bloke. Lets hope he continues to be a real personality in the NRL and positive role model now that he has overcome his demons.:thumbsup:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/P6070193-1.jpg

DIEHARD
09-06-09, 05:44 PM
I can't remember hearing someone get booed so loudly and consistantly before. And if comes across crystal clear on TV as well. I was certainly part of it, but it is all in good fun.

I mean I am pushing for his inclusion in the Maroons!

Loved your work Dee LOL. Wish I saw you sizing up Sailor. Stumpy (The TV mic) is our new mascot too. :laugh:

dee13
09-06-09, 05:50 PM
I can't remember hearing someone get booed so loudly and consistantly before. And if comes across crystal clear on TV as well. I was certainly part of it, but it is all in good fun.

I mean I am pushing for his inclusion in the Maroons!

Loved your work Dee LOL. Wish I saw you sizing up Sailor. Stumpy (The TV mic) is our new mascot too. :laugh:

He really is a champion. I remember meeting him in about 1999 and he always remembered me and the kids and always found time to say Hi when we saw him. He hasn't change. He is also one of my favorite players mainly because of his Hollywood persona and his sheer stregnth.

I will bring a bowl of food for STUMPY next game. That should get some laughs.:rolf:

Coaster
09-06-09, 05:52 PM
Dell is a legend.

He was playing for the wrong team last night and deserves everything he got

dee13
09-06-09, 05:56 PM
Dell is a legend.

He was playing for the wrong team last night and deserves everything he got

The thing is, Dell loves it. If he is getting Booed by everyone in the Stadium. Then he knows everyone is watching Big Dell.

Whether its a boo or a cheer, its attention and that is what he thrives on. It is what lifts him.

Coaster
09-06-09, 05:59 PM
Hehe yeah i know the cheeky ba*stard

DIEHARD
09-06-09, 06:00 PM
Right on Coaster. I reckon Dell loves the crowd reaction and feeds off it. Obviously loves being back in the best rugby.

titanstattman
09-06-09, 07:17 PM
Loved watching the footy with you Coaster!

Especially loved your impersonation of the referee when Titans got tackled. RELEASE!!!!

I really love watching footy in the Legion, it reminds me of the closest thing you can get in a modern stadium to watching a game from the hill. Love the comradere.

Man of the Match award to Doug IMO. He came to the game looking a bit under the weather but was like our version of Nathan Friend all night. I look forward to seeing you under the black dot against the Warriors! Great to have Stephen over the middle left side as well! Along with Steve it formed a nice core in the middle.

Watching the replay now, the Titans fans and the Legion were very loud! Well done, the atmosphere sounds amazing.

Yeah i was only 20% chance on making it at one stage i was crook as but im glad i went.... Its this stage now of not too sure making it to games atm so every game i can get too is a bonus for the rest of the season..........Thanks for the award maybe for just for fun we can hav a legion award each game to the one who cheers the loudest and most or sumthing like that....

DIEHARD
09-06-09, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the award maybe for just for fun we can hav a legion award each game to the one who cheers the loudest and most or sumthing like that....

Great idea. For loudest or most creative or inventive etc. Love it.

kwigibo
09-06-09, 08:15 PM
I talk up Dell every chance I get, I've been a fan since I was a kid, but when he's playing against your team he just brings out the taunts doesn't he?

Watching bigpond wrap up the game today and Russell Barwick was giving Soward almost as much grief as we were for what was a pretty blatant milk against Esi. Soward is a good attacking player, but he's getting up there with Ennis for petty gamesmanship, that weak obstruction call against the Bulldogs really highlighted it.

If the judiciary look more than once before letting Esi go I'll be surprised.

Steelers
10-06-09, 12:07 AM
I heard a drum. You guys have a drum. Thats cool :p

My first time to Robina and I have to say, the stadium is amazing. I prefer it over Suncorp to be perfectly honest. The atmosphere was amazing, especially with the amount of Dragons fans we had in our bay. I was sitting a couple of rows away from the Dragons Army guys, which was pretty cool, thats happened a few times to me now.

It was freezing though. Left the Sunshine Coast at 2, encountered long weekend traffic on the highway. Didnt get to Brisbane until 5, which lead to the train I was on not getting to Robina until 6.40, so I missed the NYC match, which was disappointing.

The walk to the train was definately a lot longer than at Suncorp, the thinner pathway didn't help. Got on a train pretty quickly though, which was good. And I was happy with the fact that the Away Supporters bay was on the train station side. Made for less of a walk.

Overall, other than the result, it was a very enjoyable trip down to the other coast. Except you need more ATM's. Never had a chance to get money out because before the game and at half time the line was a 100 people long.

Steve
10-06-09, 08:06 AM
Overall, other than the result, it was a very enjoyable trip down to the other coast. Except you need more ATM's. Never had a chance to get money out because before the game and at half time the line was a 100 people long.

I'll agree with that!
The ATMs that are there are hard to find. At one game I did an entire lap of the stadium looking for them, only to find them both out of order. I hope I don't need them in future.

Glad you enjoyed the visit, but I can't say I'm sorry about the result. :D

Nathalie
10-06-09, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the award maybe for just for fun we can hav a legion award each game to the one who cheers the loudest and most or sumthing like that....

Great idea. For loudest or most creative or inventive etc. Love it.

I know what award I'd get. The 'OMG she's finally here' award.. :laugh:

kwigibo
10-06-09, 04:27 PM
I'll agree with that!
The ATMs that are there are hard to find. At one game I did an entire lap of the stadium looking for them, only to find them both out of order. I hope I don't need them in future.

I really just want them to take eftpos/credit. Is it that hard? Wouldn't they make more money?

titanstattman
10-06-09, 04:31 PM
I really just want them to take eftpos/credit. Is it that hard? Wouldn't they make more money?

it would make bigger lines and long time to get beer and food

Paul
10-06-09, 05:31 PM
I disagree with alot of you guys,I thought the legion atmosphere was the worst it's been in ages the other night.We had about 200% more people there than we did at the manly game yet made half as much noise,everyone was out of sync with each other during the songs to the point where everyone was just laughing,even Adam GCT_89 (who imho is our most vocal legionaire who usually screams literally non stop the whole night and is usually the ring leader when starting chants/songs) was a bit more subdued than usual

It was weird considering how awesome we played the first half

Dragons
10-06-09, 07:09 PM
I disagree with alot of you guys,I thought the legion atmosphere was the worst it's been in ages the other night.We had about 200% more people there than we did at the manly game yet made half as much noise,everyone was out of sync with each other during the songs to the point where everyone was just laughing,even Adam GCT_89 (who imho is our most vocal legionaire who usually screams literally non stop the whole night and is usually the ring leader when starting chants/songs) was a bit more subdued than usual

It was weird considering how awesome we played the first half

I say it was the cold weather that kept you all quite.

DIEHARD
10-06-09, 07:21 PM
I tend to agree, Doug certainly noticed this on the night. Probably why he put in a gold star effort.

It did come across well on the tele though. :thumbsup:

We were awesome for the Manly game, then we have alot more for the Dragons. Maybe it has to do with everyone not being unified. We did have double chants going a few times. We need to work on a bit better communication, pass the word through the lines before we attempt a big chant. Give a shout out to the middle section.

We have a few weeks until the Warriors game, which is ideally placed at 5:30pm Saturday arvo/night. We should get another great turn out.

Lots of newbies went away happy as well. :)

titanstattman
10-06-09, 07:30 PM
I tend to agree, Doug certainly noticed this on the night. Probably why he put in a gold star effort.
It did come across well on the tele though. :thumbsup:

We were awesome for the Manly game, then we have alot more for the Dragons. Maybe it has to do with everyone not being unified. We did have double chants going a few times. We need to work on a bit better communication, pass the word through the lines before we attempt a big chant. Give a shout out to the middle section.

We have a few weeks until the Warriors game, which is ideally placed at 5:30pm Saturday arvo/night. We should get another great turn out.

Lots of newbies went away happy as well. :)

Yeah thats it im with paul... And as u know brad i brought it up with u on the night each time i look down that way to catch sum1 eye for a chant no1 was keen or just talking......And than sum1 else grab the drum down that way and was way out of time.... even on the reply i notice it was drum with no chanting......

Coaster
10-06-09, 09:35 PM
Not trying to tell anyone how to do there thing, but its more important to be vocal when we are not doing as well, because it has an effect on the game.

Look at home grounds like Leichhardt oval for the Tigers, these places are dead set so one sided and it influences referee decisions. Or have a look at the first half against STG, Crowd were all titans, refs feel that and so do the players, and it plays in the refs head "titans have the momentum". More calls go our way.

Second half, things started to turn, crowd went a bit quiet, STG crowd picked up, ref started penalizing the Titans because he felt the STG team had the momentum.

The legion can only do so much, but us all as titans supporters need to be more vocal with support when the other team is gaining the upper hand, IMO to swing the tide back into our favor.

And before anyone asks, yes Cheat if we have to, call OFFSIDE or GET OFF HIM, we need to get those cheap penalties, they swing a game so quickly. After all this is our house, no team should walk in and prop the feet on our table and feel comfortable.

kwigibo
10-06-09, 09:56 PM
And before anyone asks, yes Cheat if we have to, call OFFSIDE or GET OFF HIM, we need to get those cheap penalties, they swing a game so quickly. After all this is our house, no team should walk in and prop the feet on our table and feel comfortable.

I agree with this, we don't have the view to see how good a ten the ref is keeping from bay 30, and the members in the east and west stands let us down and don't pay enough attention.

titanstattman
11-06-09, 07:13 PM
I agree with this, we don't have the view to see how good a ten the ref is keeping from bay 30, and the members in the east and west stands let us down and don't pay enough attention.

Its the 95% of the up tight fans who couldnt be ****ed uesing there voices.......

dee13
12-06-09, 04:56 PM
Could have been worse guys.

During the first half when I get to sit down, rest and watch the game with my wife. There were 2 of the most annoying"What the hell..." girls sitting right behind us.

All night I had to listen to "Yeah, and I like hate that *****, she like... totally dissed me." " Yeah, what the hell, like... did you see her hair. It was so like... ugly. Your hair was so way like better, like.":fist: The whole first half. They did not come up for air. They had no idea what was going on, on the field. They had absolutly no interest in the game and ruined a great half of football for everyone around them. You bimbo morons shouldn't be allowed back to Skilled.

FFFFFF*#@*!#@#***!!!!!!

DIEHARD
12-06-09, 06:18 PM
I blame MTV for that.

kwigibo
12-06-09, 08:44 PM
I wish I could take the cost of admission so lightly.

Steve
12-06-09, 08:48 PM
Paul, maybe you were just missing Doug down your end.
I had him on one side, Theresa on the other, DIEHARD and his Mum and Coaster behind all going off, so it sounded pretty good from where I was sitting. :D