Thaiday
Harrison
Johnston

Bench:
Hunt
Hannant
Myles
Crocker

Congratulation to Ashley Harrison he has worked hard for this and deserves another go.

Tamwelg
26-05-09, 10:29 AM
Well done Ashley, now get out there and smash the Blues.

Titan2007
26-05-09, 04:28 PM
Ashley. It goes to show that the selectors have been watching and know the hard work you put in, week after week on and off the field. I feel for Princey, but you never know, it is a three game series. Laffranci should have been in the NSW side before anyone else in my opinion. Congratulations to Bails also. Well done. ;):D

GCT_07
26-05-09, 05:21 PM
Bugger..... I was quite happy to only have one player out.... (bailey).....Ohhh well.... congrats I suppose.... d@mn shame about the colour

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 06:24 PM
Congratulations Ash, one of my favourite players for years and I'm glad to see him represent this great state. I am really proud of him.

He will do himself, the club and state proud!

DIEHARD
26-05-09, 06:38 PM
Titan-for-life Harrison to get Maroon green light
Luke Turgeon

ASHLEY Harrison is about to celebrate one of his biggest weeks in rugby league.

Today he is a certainty to be named in the Queensland squad for the opening State of Origin clash with NSW in Melbourne on June 3 -- and by week's end he will be a Gold Coast Titan for life.

"Yes, it's very exciting times for me," said the 28-year-old backrower. "You can never say you are confident about being selected for Origin. The selectors will pick a team they think will get the job done for Queensland and you just have to be hopeful that you are part of that."

Harrison (pictured) can all but pack his bags. The man referred to at the Titans as `The Professional' for his eye for footballing detail was not only part of the series-winning Maroons last year but has been in sleek form for the Gold Coast, scoring a crucial try in Sunday's one-point win over Manly.

Gold Coast-based Queensland selector Allan Smith all but confirmed Harrison would be in the squad.

"Ash does a lot of work that goes unnoticed by a lot of people but not by the selectors," he said. "The task of selecting this year's squad is a lot easier not only because the players who did the job last year are still around but also because they are in very good form."

Titans coach John Cartwright was also singing from the same hymn sheet.

"Ash certainly deserves his place in Maroon colours," he said.

"He has been one of our most consistent players all season.

"He just does the job week in, week out. He has been a central part of our attack this year. He has been given more responsibility and is handling it really well."

Origin selection will be the base of a tasty two-tiered celebration cake for Harrison.

Titans managing director Michael Searle hinted yesterday a contract extension deal was likely to be done with Harrison over the next couple of days.

"He is a bloke we want to keep at the club," said Searle. "On the field, off the field, he is great."

Harrison's career has taken him from the Broncos, to the Rabbitohs and the Roosters before he found his home on the Gold Coast last year.

"I am keen to seal my future (with the Titans)," he said.

"I am contracted for next year and would look at the two after that. That would take me through to 31 and that would almost do me."

He did not rule out an England stint after that, but at this stage is keen on pursuing a career in financial planning.

"I have found a home here," said Harrison. "I spent time in Sydney but this is where I want to stay and this (the Titans) is the club I want to stay with. I think I play my best footy here."

While Harrison is likely to be celebrating today, Titans co-captain Scott Prince will again take a philosophical view about missing out in the Origin arena.

Smith admitted Johnathan Thurston's outstanding form in recent weeks had made a tough call on the No.7 jumper simpler. But he said it was reassuring to have a quality player like Prince in the wings.

"My position hasn't changed," said Prince yesterday.

"I will just keep playing the best football I can at club level, and if the opportunity arises, great."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

daveyk
26-05-09, 07:06 PM
well done ASH...
jsut dont hurt BULL too much when he is that crappy colour....

Titan2007
27-05-09, 07:39 AM
Bugger..... I was quite happy to only have one player out.... (bailey).....Ohhh well.... congrats I suppose.... d@mn shame about the colour

haha .. love it. GO THE MAROONS !!!! :D

CJ09
28-05-09, 06:48 PM
Great work by harrison, lets hope his input helps the maroons to smash the blues.